Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,267 members, 7,811,763 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 07:11 PM

Nigerians What Is Your Problem With Quiet People - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerians What Is Your Problem With Quiet People (1520 Views)

This Is My Problem With My Wife / My Quiet Peaceful Home And Reptiles!! / For Quiet People Only! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians What Is Your Problem With Quiet People by GreaterFuture1(m): 4:29am On May 05, 2020
Why do you Make people feel Guilty for being quiet. I will not describe myself as Quiet per say, I'm just very reserved. I allow relationships to form Organically.
People in my society have so many wrong Opinions about people who are quiet, calm or Gentle. Some think you are a Nice person just because you are quiet, others think you are Shy or timid.
Some will say Quiet people are the most dangerous. You hear phrases like "those people wey no dey talk I dey fear Dem oh, Dem be confirm slow poison".
If you are an attractive woman or a Good-looking guy, ah! You are in trouble. Many will say you are proud. Some will just automatically like you, show some sort of Partiality to you and if you don't want to be friends with them, You've made more enemies.
Some think they can ride or bully a quiet person, especially if he/she is gentle.

The ignorance in our society, the stupidity, the rgidity and Inflexibility, the impatience... Needs to Change.
Share your views, observations and comments.

9 Likes

Re: Nigerians What Is Your Problem With Quiet People by Humanoid01(m): 4:36am On May 05, 2020
People say that quiet people are the most toxic because they don't say what's on their minds. I get so mad when I hear people say this. They see conservativeness as a weakness and a tool for bitterness. They say quiet people are too proud, they say they are too "this" , they are too "that" .

Since when did it become necessary to be an extrovert? Every extrovert wants people with introverted nature to behave like them, when they don't, they see them as their enemy. Some people are quiet for various reasons, you shouldn't make that a function of their character.

Just as there are advantages and disadvantages of being introverted, there are also the same features for being extroverted. Don't criticize people because of their personality, nor be you create them.

7 Likes

Re: Nigerians What Is Your Problem With Quiet People by KaideeGee(m): 5:25am On May 05, 2020
Fear of the unknown

4 Likes

Re: Nigerians What Is Your Problem With Quiet People by Nobody: 5:29am On May 05, 2020
GreaterFuture1:
Why do you Make people feel Guilty for being quiet. I will not describe myself as Quiet per say, I'm just very reserved. I allow relationships to form Organically, naturally.
People in my society have so many wrong Opinions about people who are quiet or calm and Gentle. Some think you are a Nice person just because you are quiet, others think you are just Shy or timid.
Some will say Quiet people are the most dangerous. You hear phrases like "those people wey no dey talk I dey fear Dem oh, Dem be confirm slow poison"
If you are an attractive woman or Good-looking guy or you just have that confident look (like being bearded and all), Many will say you are proud. Some just automatically like you lol. Some think they can ride or bully a quiet person, especially if he/she is gentle SMH.

The ignorance in our society, the stupidity, the rgidity and Inflexibility, the conservativeness, the impatience, is all affecting every bit of our lives.

Share your views, observation and comments.
Doesn't conservatism support be quite and reserved? Abi you are one of these leftist liberals?

PS: not just Nigeria. It's everywhere in the world.
Re: Nigerians What Is Your Problem With Quiet People by chukwuibuipob: 5:56am On May 05, 2020
lipsrsealed must u force pipu to talk?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians What Is Your Problem With Quiet People by GreaterFuture1(m): 6:32am On May 05, 2020
Tadeknkeepcalm:

Doesn't conservatism support be quite and reserved? Abi you are one of these leftist liberals?

PS: not just Nigeria. It's everywhere in the world.
I think I may have used that word incorrectly, I've modified the post. What I meant was people who are not willing to accept people and a way of life different from the regular they are used to. Eg like the typical gregariousness in our communities and society. Abeg make English no scatter my brain abeg lol. I hope you get my point sha

1 Like

Re: Nigerians What Is Your Problem With Quiet People by Mizwisdom(f): 7:13am On May 05, 2020
They want to know you

1 Like

Re: Nigerians What Is Your Problem With Quiet People by yvelchstores(f): 7:18am On May 05, 2020
OP you are the one bothered. I don't care what people think or say about me.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians What Is Your Problem With Quiet People by Cuddlebugie(f): 3:05pm On May 05, 2020
“Don’t judge me because I’m quiet. No one plans a murder out loud.” cheesy
~
Amy Efaw

10 Likes

Re: Nigerians What Is Your Problem With Quiet People by GANAYAD: 3:35pm On May 05, 2020
Quietness is a good way to avoid see finish and at all cost see finish must be avoided

5 Likes

Re: Nigerians What Is Your Problem With Quiet People by Nobody: 5:16pm On May 05, 2020
The story of my life sad
Re: Nigerians What Is Your Problem With Quiet People by bukatyne(f): 5:21pm On May 05, 2020
People would always fear, respect or admire whoever they can't unravel.

6 Likes

Re: Nigerians What Is Your Problem With Quiet People by mejai(m): 5:36pm On May 05, 2020
It sucks. They won't let u be calm in peace.
Re: Nigerians What Is Your Problem With Quiet People by Mariangeles(f): 6:03pm On May 05, 2020
What is quiet people's problem with Nigerians?
Let people be how they want to be.
Stop feeling special.
Re: Nigerians What Is Your Problem With Quiet People by GreaterFuture1(m): 8:47pm On May 05, 2020
Mizwisdom:
They want to know you
Why?
Re: Nigerians What Is Your Problem With Quiet People by GreaterFuture1(m): 8:47pm On May 05, 2020
Mariangeles:
Stop feeling special.
What?

1 Like

Re: Nigerians What Is Your Problem With Quiet People by GreaterFuture1(m): 8:48pm On May 05, 2020
bukatyne:
Hmmn add dislike to it too

1 Like

Re: Nigerians What Is Your Problem With Quiet People by Zyzxx10: 8:52pm On May 05, 2020
I swear I'm hated or scorned cause I hardly talk.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigerians What Is Your Problem With Quiet People by DonBenny77(m): 1:41am On May 06, 2020
I have often been stereotyped like that, it's really annoying.
Re: Nigerians What Is Your Problem With Quiet People by DaddyRochie1642: 2:02am On May 06, 2020
bukatyne:

Thou art Wise!!
Re: Nigerians What Is Your Problem With Quiet People by johnkey: 4:15am On May 06, 2020
Abeg help me ask them o, we are in same shoes but I no dey send anybody though. Zero friends
Re: Nigerians What Is Your Problem With Quiet People by sacajawea: 8:30pm On May 06, 2020
Mariangeles:
Stop feeling special.
You are an idiot!

1 Like

Re: Nigerians What Is Your Problem With Quiet People by Mariangeles(f): 8:38pm On May 06, 2020
sacajawea:

You are an idiot!

Honestly, I do not have the answer to your problem, but I pray you get the help you need.

(1) (Reply)

Is Age 2 Okay For A Child To Start Kg Class? / Quarter Of Parents Avoid Disciplining Their Children For Fear Of Upsetting Them. / Whats The Differnce Between A Father And A Dad.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.