Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,575 members, 7,816,415 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:51 AM

ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? (34532 Views)

ASUU-UNILAG Sanctions 240 Lectures For Enrolling On IPPIS (Full List) / Buhari: Only University Lecturers On IPPIS Would Get Salaries / IPPIS: ASUU Asks FG Why Staff Of CBN, NDIC, FIRS Are Not On The Payment System (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 19, 2020
Gabbriell:

Boss, again u missed the point. We are definitely not flowing in the same frequency.

In 2009, Government Integrated Finance Management Information System (GIFMIS) was modified to accommodate the requirements been made by ASUU.

FG Government have been using that system (The modification ) till the arrival of IPPIS. Same modification ASUU want for IPPIS hence resulting in presentation of UTAS.
UTAS does not seek new demand but only asking for the same salary structure they have been using for them since 2009. UTAS is not something new..it us a salary structure that has been adopted since 2009.

Lecturers enrolled in IPPIS have witnessed pay-cut because they didn't apply the modification made to GIFMIS in 2009. UTAS is a representation of that modification.

I hope u see the point in my discussion and not the acronyms used.
I get yr point @SilverNorGold..since it a new government. Verification is necessary and should always be welcomed.

Anyways I rest my csse.

My brother, that's why I said you posted off-point, but it's good as you've acknowledged the importance of VERIFICATION and that UTAS was developed by ASUU to replace IPPIS, which is the reason I commented. Integrity verification is necessary, which is the point of this. But God you've realized it.

I rest mine too, brother.
God bless you.

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by luminouz(m): 12:11pm On Oct 19, 2020
wellmax:
We are close to actualizing UTAS’ integrity process....

Hello ASUU, no software come free. If you want to offer yours for free, make sure it passes integrity test first.

Even Playstore will not accept your App if it doesn't meet or satisfies integrity test.

Damn, you read but didn't understand.

ASUU developed the platform and offered it free to FG,unlike IPPIS that is foreign and still take away our foreign exchange.

Integrity test is assured. ASUU won't have offered it otherwise.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by Agbegbaorogboye: 12:12pm On Oct 19, 2020
SilverNorGold:

My brother, you are the one imagining things.. Government already said it is studying UTAS and may consider it if it meets its integrity test.. You don't expect the FG to accept anything from anyone whose interest is involved, without subjecting it to scrutiny.
Yawns �️
Speak to the hand ✋
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 19, 2020
Agbegbaorogboye:

Yawns �️
Speak to the hand ✋

My brother, hehehe
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by Brandonx(m): 12:41pm On Oct 19, 2020
Baiser:

What you fail to realise is, Goodluck was borrowing to feed the country.

Debt is not a bad thing if Its used judiciously, for example debt being used to build railways is a judicious investment. United states has the largest debt profile in the world.

Now, apart from the uncompleted Abuja-Kaduna railway, state another real project GEJ did?
Or have your forgotten the billions allocated to fireless stove?

Yes, buhari is a nepotic and terrible leader, yet, I daresay he is trying, despite the myraids of issues facing the country.
Railyway is nearing completion
Light supply has increased.

So this government has not been borrowing? undecided
Let's call a spade a spade let's not allow sentiment be cloud our sense of reasoning.
The railway you are talking about won't be ready by 2023. This government has failed woefully.

4 Likes

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by wellmax(m): 12:47pm On Oct 19, 2020
luminouz:

Damn, you read but didn't understand.

ASUU developed the platform and offered it free to FG,unlike IPPIS that is foreign and still take away our foreign exchange.

Integrity test is assured. ASUU won't have offered it otherwise.

Damn you didn't understand shiit.

Why are they just developing theirs after FG has gotten one.

If UTAS was brought up before implementation of IPPS, then we can consider it.

After choosing and paying for IPPS, ASUU is now offering an application yet to be certified. Clowns
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by sinkhole: 12:52pm On Oct 19, 2020
wellmax:

ASUU members are first members of the intellectual community before joining ASUU. What has been their individual or joint contribution to the nation.
UTAS was an after thought from ASUU.

Check out all the strike by ASUU, if ALWAYS for selfish purposes. I was in school for 7 years for a 5 year course, without a single carryover. No thanks to ASUU. They are nothing but a selfish union, taking advantage of the government. No be their fault, na the way Nigeria be.
Well, I can feel you pain now, I was also delayed due to some form of ASUU strike during my time too and it was military rule then (Babangida, Abacha), but think of this, some people had to do riots and even had some people killed before Nigeria could get independent from the colonialist!
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by wellmax(m): 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2020
[quote author=proffemi post=95093063]

Just like you, there are those of us who are working internally against strikes. Our motive may however shock you. The primary reason why ASUU doesn't see eye to eye with the government is the union's stand against high school fees.

Pure lies... School fees has always been increased by the school's governing board, not FG. And ASUU has NEVER gone against school fees increase, only SUG do that.

I have always opined that ASUU has no business keeping fees down. Let's ask for our rights and leave the government to sort out their sources: fees or taxes; wetin concern us?

You re just a big ignoramus with big English.

Mindless internet savvy bunkum.
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by sinkhole: 12:56pm On Oct 19, 2020
wellmax:

After choosing and paying for IPPS, ASUU is now offering an application yet to be certified. Clowns
ASUU is not saying that IPPIS should be dumped, they are only saying it should not be used for them because of its shortcomings.
Some people are already on IPPIS and they are very comfortable with it and on no account is ASUU saying those people should be removed!
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by proffemi: 1:08pm On Oct 19, 2020
wellmax:
...some random rubbish ...

E pele, Mr. Ignoramus with small English. Internet-savvy bunkum? Geez. Must you wield words bigger than you? For your information, my usage is very apt. Here's one definition: an ignorant or stupid person. Have you not shown yourself to be ignorant? Even when a teacher offered to show you evidence to the contrary, you would rather wallow in your ignorance. Says a lot about what sort of student you must have been.

ASUU selfish my foot. TETFund (ETF) was ASUU's idea. Today it is what sustains not just universities but also polytechnics. It is what has allowed the construction of scores of facilities used by students around the country . Non-teaching staff are trained and funded from it. All of these based on the struggle of the same ASUU that twits like you label selfish.

What you need to realize is that the baying of people like you is meaningless, apart from being a source of mild annoyance. You can change nothing, froth as you may. Abacha, Babangida, Obasanjo, they all bowed to ASUU. The present government will too, so don't get your bp raised for nothing
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by wellmax(m): 1:13pm On Oct 19, 2020
proffemi:

[s]E pele, Mr. Ignoramus with small English. Internet-savvy bunkum? Geez. Must you wield words bigger than you? For your information, my usage is very apt. Here's one definition: an ignorant or stupid person. Have you not shown yourself to be ignorant? Even when a teacher offered to show you evidence to the contrary, you would rather wallow in your ignorance. Says a lot about what sort of student you must have been.

ASUU selfish my foot. TETFund (ETF) was ASUU's idea. Today it is what sustains not just universities but also polytechnics. It is what has allowed the construction of scores of facilities used by students around the country . Non-teaching staff are trained and funded from it. All of these based on the struggle of the same ASUU that twits like you label selfish.

What you need to realize is that the baying of people like you is meaningless, apart from being a source of mild annoyance. You can change nothing, froth as you may. Abacha, Babangida, Obasanjo, they all bowed to ASUU. The present government will too, so don't get your bp raised for nothing
[/s]

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by luminouz(m): 1:28pm On Oct 19, 2020
wellmax:

Is IPPIS is so golden,why are NASUU,SSANU and others against it?

They kicked against it because it wasn't working.

Your hatred for ASUU is glaringly obvious and I wonder why.

Have a nice day.
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by wellmax(m): 1:38pm On Oct 19, 2020
luminouz:

Is IPPIS is so golden,why are NASUU,SSANU and others against it?

They kicked against it because it wasn't working.

Your hatred for ASUU is glaringly obvious and I wonder why.

Have a nice day.

I bet we have more than 100 associations in the civil service, why is ASUU and co the only ones against it?
Of course becsaue it will expose all double jobs.

Are you not worried that ASUU members are taking jobs at several universities at the same time, thus depriving unemployed qualified Nigerians.

I laugh when one lecturer complained to me about deductions for PAYE under IPPS? You mean you don't want to pay tax?

ASUU are just selfish and self centered. But it doesn't not concern them.
Students time and life are wasted, they will eventually settle with FG and get their pay.

Imagine one idiot saying Abacha, Obasanjo etc bowed to ASUU and this government will eventually bow to them. Useless comment.
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by luminouz(m): 3:07pm On Oct 19, 2020
wellmax:

I bet we have more than 100 associations in the civil service, why is ASUU and co the only ones against it?

Are you not worried that ASUU members are taking jobs at several universities at the same time, thus depriving unemployed qualified Nigerians.

I laugh when one lecturer complained to me about deductions for PAYE under IPPS? You mean you don't want to pay tax?

Students time and life are wasted, they will eventually settle with FG and get their pay.

Imagine one idiot saying Abacha, Obasanjo etc bowed to ASUU and this government will eventually bow to them. Useless comment.

You have a grouse with ASUU. Nothing anyone says would make any difference to you

Have a nice life
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by daphil: 3:07pm On Oct 19, 2020
wellmax:

Seriously, you must be a slow learner! Must you publicly display your ignorance? Have you taken time to know what the agitations are all about? Who told you IPPIS is the main bone of contention. IPPIS is a global problem, not peculiar to them alone. You will need to educate yourself about their main agitation with the government in order for you to make an informed contribution!

I wonder why ASUU is even fighting for the revitalization of the Nigerian universities system instead of fighting for their pockets like medical doctors are doing!

The implication of a comment like yours is that Nigeria is not worth fighting for.
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by maasoap(m): 3:07pm On Oct 19, 2020
proffemi:

I usually avoid posting about IPPIS because the issue is complicated.|

I do want to address the fallacy behind your point above, which is an all too common riposte.
The academic-government compact is one that is not defined by the NIGERIAN FG!!! It is governed by global best practices that have been in place for decades. Why should it shock you that ASUU knows more about these best practices than the FG?

ASUU is telling FG to adopt the payment platform whose integrity is still being subjected to tests ahead of a popular and well accepted platform. That should call for concern!

Yes, an informed employee can educate the employer since the rules are dictated by conventions that are more powerful than this particular employer. Academic staff are not regular civil servants. Why should this be the case in Nigeria?

More like employee dictating to his or her employer
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by maasoap(m): 3:12pm On Oct 19, 2020
Rgade:

It's not your fault. Many of you Nigerians have a warped understanding of the concept of governance.
Zombie citizens, your government fits una well well.

Your ignorance stinks to heaven. FG which happened to be the employer knows exactly what ASUU is hiding and ASUU which an employee knows what its employer (FG) is trying to curb or put a stop to. Employee dictating to its employer, like we don't know how they're exploiting the loopholes in the existing payments system
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by engrjacuzzi: 3:13pm On Oct 19, 2020
the lawmakers are the only set of people never to go on strike. ASUU have gone on strike NPF have gone on strike NLC have gone on strike NMA have gone on strike NEPA have gone on strike
we simply want a better Nigeria

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by daphil: 3:15pm On Oct 19, 2020
maasoap:

ASUU is telling FG to adopt the payment platform whose integrity is still being subjected to tests ahead of a popular and well accepted platform. That should call for concern!

Did I hear you say a popular and well-accepted platform? And oil workers, polytechnics, SSANU, NASU, even the Nigerian Army, etc. who have tasted your palatable soup are threatening to down tools? Seriously, the joke is on you!

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by wellmax(m): 3:20pm On Oct 19, 2020
daphil:

Seriously, you must be a slow learner! Must you publicly display your ignorance? Have you taken time to know what the agitations are all about? Who told you IPPIS is the main bone of contention. IPPIS is a global problem, not peculiar to them alone. You will need to educate yourself about their main agitation with the government in order for you to make an informed contribution!

I wonder why ASUU is even fighting for the revitalization of the Nigerian universities system instead of fighting for their pockets like medical doctors are doing!

The implication of a comment like yours is that Nigeria is not worth fighting for.
Pele oo fast learner. you said a lot of trash without mentioning what ASUU is fighting for.
IPPS is the main issue of contention now, except you want to deceive yourself.
ASUU is fighting for the revitalization of the Nigerian universities system grin grin grin grin
Now you are even accusing Doctors for fighting for their pocket, but ASUU is fighting for the country grin grin grin

Doctors will say the same thing.

Nigeria has one of the worst public servants in the world, but they are quick to blame government.
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by maasoap(m): 3:20pm On Oct 19, 2020
daphil:

Did I hear you say a popular and well-accepted platform? And oil workers, polytechnics, SSANU, NASU, etc. who have tasted your palatable soup are threatening to down tools? Seriously, the joke is on you !

Yeah, that's right. Because the payment system actually blocked the loopholes and did exactly what FG was trying to achieve. Most Nigerians like to cheat the system like underpaying taxes. The joke is on them, they should let us know how the IPPIS is cheating them. All what you will be hearing is noise but no specific grievance
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by daphil: 3:36pm On Oct 19, 2020
wellmax:

Pele oo fast learner. you said a lot of trash without mentioning what ASUU is fighting for.
IPPS is the main issue of contention now, except you want to deceive yourself.
ASUU is fighting for the revitalization of the Nigerian universities system grin grin grin grin
Now you are even accusing Doctors for fighting for their pocket, but ASUU is fighting for the country grin grin grin

Doctors will say the same thing.

Nigeria has one of the worst public servants in the world, but they are quick to blame government.

Well, I don't need to argue with you over this matter. I will rather advice ASUU to fight for their rights and only their rights!

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by daphil: 3:39pm On Oct 19, 2020
maasoap:

Yeah, that's right. Because the payment system actually blocked the loopholes and did exactly what FG was trying to achieve. Most Nigerians like to cheat the system like underpaying taxes. The joke is on them, they should let us know how the IPPIS is cheating them. All what you will be hearing is noise but no specific grievance

Linking your comment above about the integrity of IPPIS, kindly educate the public about the link below.

https://thenationonlineng.net/ex-banker-civil-servants-charged-with-ippis-fraud/

2 Likes

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by proffemi: 3:47pm On Oct 19, 2020
maasoap:

Are you sure you're familiar with the details of this story?
ASUU is 100% in support of government's so-called integrity testing. Neither ASUU, nor even the government have said otherwise. Please read some of Ngige's recent pronouncements on the issue to understand that the issue integrity testing.

Popular? You mean the MULTIPLE government agencies that have opted out? Or the other university unions who initially went in happily that are now on strike because 8 months after, it is still not working?

Mind you, I am not comparing universities and other agencies. Fact of the matter is that university autonomy is a thing, not just in Nigeria, but globally.

What I know for a fact is this: the story of university education in Nigeria has long been that FG either never shows cognizance of known global best practices, or demonstrates the appetite to embrace them. ASUU has had to force the FG to do the right thing in almost every instance. This might be no different. You can term that "dictating" if you wish, but I don't necessarily agree with that characterization. I myself prefer "educating".

1 Like

Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by Jackyz: 3:57pm On Oct 19, 2020
#ENDASUUSTRIKE
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by wellmax(m): 4:03pm On Oct 19, 2020
daphil:

Well, I don't need to argue with you over this matter. I will rather advice ASUU to fight for their rights and only their rights!
You advice ASUU, who you be, who be you. Well as long as it doesn't affect you, schools can remain closed. Standard of education can continue to drop and we can blame Buhari again. Those who have the means can go to private schools and abroad.
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by wellmax(m): 4:04pm On Oct 19, 2020
luminouz:

You have a grouse with ASUU. Nothing anyone says would make any difference to you

Have a nice life
Serious grouse. They remain one of the most useless and selfish unions in Nigeria. But hey which civil servant is responsible in Nigeria. All are the same.
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by daphil: 4:36pm On Oct 19, 2020
wellmax:

You advice ASUU, who you be, who be you. Well as long as it doesn't affect you, schools can remain closed. Standard of education can continue to drop and we can blame Buhari again. Those who have the means can go to private schools and abroad.

Your last sentence vividly capture the mind of the government! Anyway, I leave that for the Nigerians to decide.

Just think about it, why's the standard dropping? You think it's because of their strikes! C'mon, it takes someone who has been exposed to what education is outside Nigeria and what is obtainable in Nigeria to understand the gravity of what's on the ground. Probably you think it's just about dishing out graduates every year and just acquiring certificates!
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by wellmax(m): 4:40pm On Oct 19, 2020
daphil:

Your last sentence vividly capture the mind of the government! Anyway, I leave that for the Nigerians to decide.

Just think about it, why's the standard dropping? You think it's because of their strikes! C'mon, it takes someone who has been exposed to what education is outside Nigeria and what is obtainable in Nigeria to understand the gravity of what's on the ground. Probably you think it's just about dishing out graduates every year and just acquiring certificates!

Dude, frequent strikes by lecturers, pursuit of personal interest by same lecturers are part of the main causes. Almost all FG lecturers take up appointment elsewhere, or engage fully in other businesses, go on strike at will. How will they produce standard graduates. But yes let us keep blaming the FG
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by proffemi: 4:51pm On Oct 19, 2020
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by daphil: 4:57pm On Oct 19, 2020
wellmax:

Dude, frequent strikes by lecturers, pursuit of personal interest by same lecturers are part of the main causes. Almost all FG lecturers take up appointment elsewhere, or engage fully in other businesses, go on strike at will. How will they produce standard graduates. But yes let us keep blaming the FG

Don't worry education will improve with the 2021 Budget.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2020/07/revised-2020-budget-education-and-other-concerns/amp/

Sorry guy, I may not respond to you again. I need to finish the task I have at hand in preparation for the group discussion coming up tomorrow.

When people finally have sense they will demand for what's truly theirs from their rulers!
Re: ASUU To Fg: Why Do You Want To Spend Money On IPPIS When UTAS Is Free? by DonMekino(m): 7:48pm On Oct 19, 2020
someone in govt quarters is milking money through IPPIS, why import software from overseas and come n be preaching local content to us....don't we have competent developers?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Redeemer’s University Expels Actor Macaroni Over His Activities On Social Media / Vice-Principal Calls Out Student Who ‘Disrespected’ Him On Messenger (Photo) / Daycare Centres, Primary Schools Remain Closed – Sani Aliyu, PTF Coordinator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.