Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,635 members, 7,827,355 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:57 AM

Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria (8249 Views)

I Finally Rented A Room After Years Of Suffering.thank God / I Finally Rented An Apartment For Myself. Pics / Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Nobody: 9:15am On Oct 20, 2020
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Nobody: 9:19am On Oct 20, 2020
This guy is high. One bedroom flat in lekki now goes for 1.5 to 2m. Get your facts right.
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by somehow: 9:31am On Oct 20, 2020
Lekki is better looking than these pictures you posted.

The houses in Lekki too are better than what we are seeing in these pictures!

But then, majority of what is in Lekki were put there by private individuals unlike that of the images above.
selemempe:
this is a big lie.
An average 3 bedroom flat in America goes for between 900 to 1200 a month. You can get a studio apartment for 500 a month in a city like Atlanta.

Now the truth is that the average town in America has more infrastructure than lekki, asokoro or wherever else our VIPs live in Nigeria.

Also the poorest people in America who earn minimum wage make up to 1200 a month.

Below are pictures of South Central L.A. Its considered a ghetto. Compare it with Lekki

1 Like

Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by nairaman66(m): 9:39am On Oct 20, 2020
Casper21:
An American average houses are so expensive than houses in Banana island.

An average single worker in USA living in a one room rented apartment pays $2000 monthly. In a year it totals to $24000. That's about #9,000,000 naira in conversion rate of 380.

While in Naija, the most beautiful 3 bedroom ensuite flat in Lekki can be gotten for#600k or 700k yearly. About $1800.

Imagine earning $4k and your rent eats up 50% of Ur income and you then spend extra $1000 for your bills and taxes. see why it's somehow difficult for your friends or family who are abroad to send you Money?

Hope you didn’t smoke the wrong marijuana?
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by selemempe: 9:48am On Oct 20, 2020
somehow:
Lekki is better looking than these pictures you posted.

The houses in Lekki too are better than what we are seeing in these pictures!

But then, majority of what is in Lekki were put there by private individuals unlike that of the images above.
I didn't show any house up close so you can't be sure there are no mansions in south central LA. However I have shown you roads and street lights. And I know they have water and electricity there. Show us Lekki pictures make we compare
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by selemempe: 9:51am On Oct 20, 2020
SegFault:

Bros see these links below, US no even dey amongst top ten:

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_Peace_Index&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjHp4Dj3MLsAhUEhRoKHanZAH0QFjAVegQICRAB&usg=AOvVaw2B3dW5jJP0ADQy6MLSG3VG

https://www.google.com/url?q=https://worldpopulationreview.com/country-rankings/safest-countries-in-the-world&sa=U&ved=2ahUKEwjHp4Dj3MLsAhUEhRoKHanZAH0QFnoECAUQAw&usg=AOvVaw3Dg9IyC9Y7AfSP7SU1kmg-
the US is not among top ten because it's a very very large country. However some states in the US will top that list if they were an independent country on their own.
For instance Hawaii is one of the safest places in the world. But you won't see it there because it's just a state within US

1 Like

Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by davidhobo: 10:00am On Oct 20, 2020
Casper21:

An average single worker in USA living in a one room rented apartment pays $2000 monthly. In a year it totals to $24000. That's about #9,000,000 naira in conversion rate of 380.

While in Naija, the most beautiful 3 bedroom ensuite flat in Lekki can be gotten for#600k or 700k yearly. About $1800.

Imagine earning $4k and your rent eats up 50% of Ur income and you then spend extra $1000 for your bills and taxes. see why it's somehow difficult for your friends or family who are abroad to send you Money?

Oga you dont know anything. For one, its even difficult to generalize as america is like a continetnt, not just a country. And its not even called one room apartment over there Its called studio apartment(your self con) one bed apartment.

Now we have nomenclature out of the way, different cities and different areas of town have different rental values.

A studio apartment in any of the second tier cities like Baltimore, New Jersey,, charleston, Detroit etc costs way way less than 1k usd in the inner cities( that is closer to downtown, but perhaps more notorious) while in the suburbs, further away, and mostly white dominated, it can be $500 or less.

In the tier one cities like new york, LA, frisco, Miami, Boston, a studio apartment can go for as much
1k or 1k5/depending on location. In mahattan, you can even pay 2k or more, but how many manhattans do we have in America?

Summary, is: on average, studio apartments cost around 1k.usd per month in America.

And where can you see 3bedroom.in lekki for 700k..wetin you dey smoke? If you no.holl your 2.5m dont even go near.
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Kobicove(m): 10:19am On Oct 20, 2020
Casper21:

I'm very sure it was in your dream that you got a 3 bedroom flat for 700K in Lekki! undecided
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by BennyDGreat: 10:33am On Oct 20, 2020
somehow:
₦700k for a 3 bedroom flat in Lekki?

You get problem.

Lol I was shocked myself when I saw it. 3 bedroom would be around 3-5 million depending on the quality/ location
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Golan007: 10:41am On Oct 20, 2020
Kekereekun123:
3 bed at ajah is not even 700k. Get your facts right

He means the easily flooded part.
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by somehow: 10:45am On Oct 20, 2020
selemempe:
I didn't show any house up close so you can't be sure there are no mansions in south central LA. However I have shown you roads and street lights. And I know they have water and electricity there. Show us Lekki pictures make we compare

Lekki have good roads and water supply too.

For not so good roads and water issue, look to Ajah.

Google the images, I no get time to dey upload inages
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 20, 2020
Golan007:

He means the easily flooded part.
still not 700k
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Golan007: 10:52am On Oct 20, 2020
Kekereekun123:
still not 700k

What of the extra extra extra flooded part that often requires a canoe?
grin

1 Like

Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by joinnow: 11:01am On Oct 20, 2020
obonujoker:
3 bedroom ensuite flat in lekki, 700k??

Are you ok??

Op is not serious joor

Selfcon is 1.2mlm as at 2012 when my colleague rented
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by joinnow: 11:02am On Oct 20, 2020
Thread suspended

Until Op
Do thorough research
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Shortyy(f): 11:05am On Oct 20, 2020
Nightstalker:

Another drug addict comes to nairaland to open a thread just to type rubbish.

This one had never been outside Nigeria in real life , this one lives in one village in Ekiti and is a mental patient.
You can't even get a flat for 1 million in lekki , and the most flats go for between 2 - 6 million a year in Lekki

The America you visited I have a sister who lives there and works in a tech company her rent isn't even close to $1000 for her home and she commutes by sub 30 minutes to work everyday with ease .

You are sick and a mad man , next time you finish taking drugs and want to comment restrict yourself to commenting on the happenings in your village

Idiot
Jeez why the insults? Couldn't you have corrected him without insults?

1 Like

Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Shortyy(f): 11:06am On Oct 20, 2020
cooooooks:
The only place where you'll rent a one room apartment, i.e, a studio not a one bedroom apartment, for $2,000 is in Manhattan and downtown LA or Hollywood.

In some parts of the USA, rent for a 3 bedroom apartment is less than $1,200. So it depends on where you are.
Hmmm
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Shortyy(f): 11:08am On Oct 20, 2020
Burgerlomo:

You can get s studio apartment for $500 a month depending on the location and also one bedroom apartment for lets say $800 or less also depending on the location.
What is studio apartment?
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Burgerlomo: 11:24am On Oct 20, 2020
Shortyy:

What is studio apartment?

Single room with built in kitchen and toilet.
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Shortyy(f): 11:25am On Oct 20, 2020
Burgerlomo:

Oh
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by seanwilliam(m): 12:25pm On Oct 20, 2020
egopersonified:
As una dey see America as heaven, na so Americans dey see New Zealand as heaven. This life no balance.
that is a very big lie.. an average america believes that no where is better that usa in the world ..
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by seanwilliam(m): 12:37pm On Oct 20, 2020
U still can't compare America neighborhoods to naija..
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 20, 2020
Powerfly:
Wow. Op u see your life?

hin wan form yankee boy he don cast lol
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Openbusiness: 12:41pm On Oct 20, 2020
obonujoker:
3 bedroom ensuite flat in lekki, 700k??

Are you ok??
Kikikiki grin that lie has PhD grin
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Openbusiness: 12:43pm On Oct 20, 2020
Lordswazz:

You're Joking. If you see any 3 bedroom flat for 700k for lekki make you know say na scam dem wan scam you. Who dash you "most beautiful 3 bedroom flat in Lekki 700k." Dem pick the cement? Flat ko, Ensuite Ni.

By the way, you can get decent studio apartments in the US for under $1,000 a month. I wonder where you pulled your Cameroun swamp statistics from.
Probably pulled the statistics from Nairaland Jokes section grin
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Openbusiness: 12:45pm On Oct 20, 2020
Burgerlomo:

correct but you forgot another important description: TINY, very tiny apartment.
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Powerfly(f): 12:45pm On Oct 20, 2020
corike:

Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Powerfly(f): 12:47pm On Oct 20, 2020
corike:
i was shocked when i heard him say 3 bedroom flat 700k. Uncle oo.. How much do u think a 3 bedroom flat cost in my area? U see that kind house for lekki na ghost dey haunt the house.
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by egopersonified(f): 12:50pm On Oct 20, 2020
seanwilliam:
that is a very big lie.. an average america believes that no where is better that usa in the world ..

Please go to foreign websites and research my statement. It is only on nairaland that I see this statement you made. The main reason Americans are not happy about their system is the health care issue where they spend massively despite paying taxes. I have read threads where Americans living outside America stated that their best decision was leaving America, especially with the response of New Zealand to covid 19. This your statement is likened to Nigerians calling Nigeria poverty capital of the world and most corrupt country when they have not researched what is happening elsewhere but are fed daily with just news about Nigeria. I don't have strength to argue that is why I didn't reply the other mentions. Try to read news from other foreign sites to balance your information.
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by seanwilliam(m): 12:54pm On Oct 20, 2020
egopersonified:

Please go to foreign websites and research my statement. It is only on nairaland that I see this statement you made. The main reason Americans are not happy about their system is the health care issue where they spend massively despite paying taxes. I have read threads where Americans living outside America stated that their best decision was leaving America, especially with the response of New Zealand to covid 19. This your statement is likened to Nigerians calling Nigeria poverty capital of the world and most corrupt country when they have not researched what is happening elsewhere but are fed daily with just news about Nigeria. I don't have strength to argue that is why I didn't reply the other mentions. Try to read news from other foreign sites to balance your information.
Do u live in america? Have u been to New Zealand??

1 Like

Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by paul100(m): 1:32pm On Oct 20, 2020
Carchoice:
This guy is high. One bedroom flat in lekki now goes for 1.5 to 2m. Get your facts right.
According to what I saw on google.The "cheapest" three bedroom flat in lekki is 700,000 per annum for rent oooo
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Burgerlomo: 1:40pm On Oct 20, 2020
Openbusiness:

correct but you forgot another important description: TINY, very tiny apartment.

Not all of them are tiny.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What If A Lady Ask About Your Shoe Size? Is There More To It? / I Just Dumped My Girlfriend For This Reason. Now She's Disturbing Me, Wat To Do? / THIS IS The F*cking Reason I'm Angry [Picture]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.