Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,017 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:38 AM

Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria (8234 Views)

I Finally Rented A Room After Years Of Suffering.thank God / I Finally Rented An Apartment For Myself. Pics / Tips For Dating A Nigerian Woman In America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Emmypure: 2:27pm On Oct 20, 2020
Nightstalker:

Another drug addict comes to nairaland to open a thread just to type rubbish.

This one had never been outside Nigeria in real life , this one lives in one village in Ekiti and is a mental patient.
You can't even get a flat for 1 million in lekki , and the most flats go for between 2 - 6 million a year in Lekki

The America you visited I have a sister who lives there and works in a tech company her rent isn't even close to $1000 for her home and she commutes by sub 30 minutes to work everyday with ease .

You are sick and a mad man , next time you finish taking drugs and want to comment restrict yourself to commenting on the happenings in your village

Idiot

remember that it's monthly, while it's yearly in naija
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Nobody: 2:30pm On Oct 20, 2020
You can get decent accommodation in Atlanta for like 800 dollars ,the good thing is you pay monthly and trust me you can earn much more than that working hard ,a poor guy can easily pay it while in naija how many young guys can afford to pay 3million or more per annum to rent a good place in an estate ? In my estate the yearly rent is 2.7mill to 3 mill,bq is 600k or 700k,how many young people really have that kind of cash to pay at once? the ones living in this houses are regarded as rich (oil workers ,Yahoo boys ,trust fund kids etc,so it's relative

1 Like

Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by jesmond3945: 2:43pm On Oct 20, 2020
Casper21:
An American average houses are so expensive than houses in Banana island.

An average single worker in USA living in a one room rented apartment pays $2000 monthly. In a year it totals to $24000. That's about #9,000,000 naira in conversion rate of 380.

While in Naija, the most beautiful 3 bedroom ensuite flat in Lekki can be gotten for#600k or 700k yearly. About $1800.

Imagine earning $4k and your rent eats up 50% of Ur income and you then spend extra $1000 for your bills and taxes. see why it's somehow difficult for your friends or family who are abroad to send you Money?

Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by jUeLiZ: 2:55pm On Oct 20, 2020
op easy na
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Overgrownbaby: 7:39pm On Oct 20, 2020
davidhobo:

Oga you dont know anything. For one, its even difficult to generalize as america is like a continetnt, not just a country. And its not even called one room apartment over there Its called studio apartment(your self con) one bed apartment.

Now we have nomenclature out of the way, different cities and different areas of town have different rental values.

A studio apartment in any of the second tier cities like Baltimore, New Jersey,, charleston, Detroit etc costs way way less than 1k usd in the inner cities( that is closer to downtown, but perhaps more notorious) while in the suburbs, further away, and mostly white dominated, it can be $500 or less.

In the tier one cities like new york, LA, frisco, Miami, Boston, a studio apartment can go for as much
1k or 1k5/depending on location. In mahattan, you can even pay 2k or more, but how many manhattans do we have in America?

Summary, is: on average, studio apartments cost around 1k.usd per month in America.

And where can you see 3bedroom.in lekki for 700k..wetin you dey smoke? If you no.holl your 2.5m dont even go near.
yo take New Jersey out of that list , the only cheap areas in New Jersey , are the oranges , Newark, some parts of Bayonne and Camden ( dominated by blacks ) the rest are $1500-$3k unless your apartment has a rent control ( which most houses don’t have unless old buildings )

1 Like

Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Nobody: 9:33pm On Oct 20, 2020
obonujoker:
3 bedroom ensuite flat in lekki, 700k??

Are you ok??
Be minding him at your own peril embarassed
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Hugo55(m): 1:03am On Oct 21, 2020
In as much as Op information may not be true, I really enjoyed reading this thread. Seems there are more people living in America here with all that information . And not to forget, I learnt new one today studio apartment. cheesy
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by cooooooks(m): 1:16am On Oct 21, 2020
With their $20/hr McDonald jobs.

egopersonified:
As una dey see America as heaven, na so Americans dey see New Zealand as heaven. This life no balance.
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by kunkelhanspeter(m): 8:29am On Oct 21, 2020
obonujoker:
3 bedroom ensuite flat in lekki, 700k??

Are you ok??
Don’t mind the fool
Assuming I see one bedroom flat in lekki for 800k I won’t pay 900k in Ewet housing for two bedroom flat
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Romangalactic(m): 11:23pm On Oct 22, 2020
cooooooks:
The only place where you'll rent a one room apartment, i.e, a studio not a one bedroom apartment, for $2,000 is in Manhattan and downtown LA or Hollywood.

In some parts of the USA, rent for a 3 bedroom apartment is less than $1,200. So it depends on where you are.
Cococandy wont agree wit dis,I can remember one tym she claimed rent iz lyk $5k in NY

4 Likes

Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by phazotron(m): 11:24pm On Oct 22, 2020
Casper21:

An average single worker in USA living in a one room rented apartment pays $2000 monthly. In a year it totals to $24000. That's about #9,000,000 naira in conversion rate of 380.

While in Naija, the most beautiful 3 bedroom ensuite flat in Lekki can be gotten for#600k or 700k yearly. About $1800.

Imagine earning $4k and your rent eats up 50% of Ur income and you then spend extra $1000 for your bills and taxes. see why it's somehow difficult for your friends or family who are abroad to send you Money?

As in

Houses are fragging expensive in the us

Omo to buy good house there if you no get reach $400k u never start
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by cooooooks(m): 11:34pm On Oct 22, 2020
In parts of NY/LA, yes. Even $10k for penthouses.

Romangalactic:

Cococandy wont agree wit dis,I can remember one tym she claimed rent iz lyk $5k in NY

1 Like

Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Nobody: 6:17am On Oct 23, 2020
NY is very expensive. I am living in a good neighborhood in Dallas, the rent here for a 1-2 bedrooms apartment is about $1,000-1,200 USD. I am paying a good size 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms house and on a big land $1,000 a month + house taxes and insurance it makes $1,400 monthly. If you have a good income and a good credit history, you can get the house, specially now because the interest is low. Very convenient because the house price in a good neighborhood usually increases the price and you make money in few years.

1 Like

Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by ivolt: 6:40am On Oct 23, 2020
You get your numbers wrong. Averages can be misleading and rent also depend on the state and city.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Romangalactic(m): 8:03am On Oct 23, 2020
cooooooks:

Sure,bt dese ar nt d average & basic price.
Hw many naijans imigrants can afford 5 or 10k par month rent On wich source of income?cheesy I bliv har point den wz makin it seem lyk 5k iz wat average NYorkers pay for rent.

3 Likes

Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by cooooooks(m): 8:57am On Oct 23, 2020
In some areas, this is the average rent. Think of where celebrities and billionaires stay.

The 'average' person & immigrant definitely does not pay this.

Romangalactic:

Sure,bt dese ar nt d average & basic price.
Hw many naijans imigrants can afford 5 or 10k par month rent On wich source of income?cheesy I bliv har point den wz makin it seem lyk 5k iz wat average NYorkers pay for rent.
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by bogdaddy(m): 10:42am On Oct 23, 2020
Seems you are in New Jersey ?
linearity:
Average is relative in the US....and I don’t know what you mean by ‘one room rented apartment’.

Are you talking about shared sublet rooms or studio apartments or one bedroom apartment?

In any case, you can get a studio or one bedroom apartment in Manhattan for less than $2,000/month and that is where it is more costly.

If you prefer to save money and don’t mind commuting, you can get it for far lesser in any of the other New York City boroughs or if you cross over the Hudson to Newark or any of the cities in Essex County or the other counties sharing boundary with New York City, you can get a decent three bedroom apartment or a whole house for far less.
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by ehinmowo: 11:26am On Oct 23, 2020
Casper21:

This boy no know anything oo. 600k is the price of a room self-contained in Lekki.
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by tonyson010(m): 1:40pm On Oct 23, 2020
J111333:
It all depends on location. 1bed/1bath in Redondo Beach California may cost up to 2k/month or more while it may cost $1500 or less in cities like Carson, Wilmington, Gardena and Inglewood that are less than 10miles apart.

Reality is that if you make saving money a priority in the States, you can save a lot especially when you're single.

Problem is that a lot of Nigerians live beyond their means because they have credit cards available and also borrow so much in funding needless educational degrees.

When the billing statements start coming in the mails, saving money will surely become almost impossible.

Serious ?
Is cost of education much there ? Like doing masters while working ?
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by tonyson010(m): 1:45pm On Oct 23, 2020
SmartKitty:
NY is very expensive. I am living in a good neighborhood in Dallas, the rent here for a 1-2 bedrooms apartment is about $1,000-1,200 USD. I am paying a good size 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms house and on a big land $1,000 a month + house taxes and insurance it makes $1,400 monthly. If you have a good income and a good credit history, you can get the house, specially now because the interest is low. Very convenient because the house price in a good neighborhood usually increases the price and you make money in few years.

But one can find houses with cheaper price in cities close to NY?
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Nobody: 9:53pm On Oct 23, 2020
tonyson010:

But one can find houses with cheaper price in cities close to NY?
Everything close to NY or Washington DC is not so close because of horrible traffic, Maybe you save on rent but spend much more on gas or transportation, time about 2-3 hours to get to your job, not because it's far, it's because you sit in traffic waiting or go 5 miles per hour, too many cars and people. Also many small cities in many states are much cheaper for living yet not so many jobs available and much lower pay jobs over there.
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by NNAMDIII(m): 9:55pm On Oct 23, 2020
You're saying shit! In my house, we pay 400k annually and it's just 2 bedroom flat and u can't compare my side to lekki, 3 bedroom in my side is like 550-600k so 3 bedroom in lekki will be up to 2 million.

Lekki na for rich people
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Nobody: 10:05pm On Oct 23, 2020
cooooooks:
5-10K is not average for Americans, it's very expensive. Average is 1-2,5 K, higher is for rich people. People here know how to count money. Average people, if they can afford to pay 5-10K, they better get a mortgage and buy the house and they will not waste money on the expensive rent. Usually renters are young people just starting out of their parents house, people with bad credit (no banks giving them mortgage), drug addicts, new immigrants, temporary stay when you move to the new city, travelers for work or tourists, etc.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by cooooooks(m): 11:41pm On Oct 23, 2020
You clearly did not read the thread.

I said parts of LA/NY. For ultra rich.

In the abroad, anyone with relatively modest parents buys their homes. Even university students buy their apartments with parents' money.

SmartKitty:

5-10K is not average for Americans, it's very expensive. Average is 1-2,5 K, higher is for rich people. People here know how to count money. Average people, if they can afford to pay 5-10K, they better get a mortgage and buy the house and they will not waste money on the expensive rent. Usually renters are young people just starting out of their parents house, people with bad credit (no banks giving them mortgage), drug addicts, new immigrants, temporary stay when you move to the new city, travelers for work or tourists, etc.
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Nobody: 12:25am On Oct 24, 2020
cooooooks:
You clearly did not read the thread.
I said parts of LA/NY. For ultra rich.
In the abroad, anyone with relatively modest parents buys their homes. Even university students buy their apartments with parents' money.
In America parents have nothing to do with buying the house, very few help their adult children. They just release the adult children to the world. Go, work and buy your own house. As a parent, I live in my own house, I worked for it, retiring I maybe sell the big house and buy a smaller one or I sell everything, live in rental and travel, parents enjoy the life, or move abroad.

Parents money it's parents'. Adult children build their own wealth.
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by cooooooks(m): 12:46am On Oct 24, 2020
Not my experience.

Parents who regularly make $150,000 a year (combined) give their children some money for the downpayment on the house.

Some tie it to things like education or getting married/having kids or staying close to them.

It is not as though the 'kids' can not afford a home. However, a parent adding $10,000 might be the difference between getting a house and your 'dream' home.

SmartKitty:

In America parents have nothing to do with buying the house, very few help their adult children. They just release the adult children to the world. Go, work and buy your own house. As a parent, I live in my own house, I worked for it, retiring I maybe sell the big house and buy a smaller one or I sell everything, live in rental and travel, parents enjoy the life, or move abroad.

Parents money it's parents'. Adult children build their own wealth.
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Nobody: 6:35am On Oct 24, 2020
cooooooks:
Not my experience.

Parents who regularly make $150,000 a year (combined) give their children some money for the downpayment on the house.

Some tie it to things like education or getting married/having kids or staying close to them.

It is not as though the 'kids' can not afford a home. However, a parent adding $10,000 might be the difference between getting a house and your 'dream' home.
VERY FEW HELP. Adult Americans work and build the wealth. People here knows how to make money. Unfortunately, many also spend big and waste too much.
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Nobody: 6:41am On Oct 24, 2020
Casper21:

Guy u smoke shiit? Na old selfcon be that sef for Lekki. Stop posting what u don't know shiit about.
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Nobody: 6:46am On Oct 24, 2020
ehinmowo:

This boy no know anything oo. 600k is the price of a room self-contained in Lekki.
The guy na ode.. Even him Yankee info na error
Re: Most Average Rented Homes In America Vs Nigeria by Nobody: 6:59am On Oct 24, 2020
selemempe:
this is a big lie.
An average 3 bedroom flat in America goes for between 900 to 1200 a month. You can get a studio apartment for 500 a month in a city like Atlanta.

Now the truth is that the average town in America has more infrastructure than lekki, asokoro or wherever else our VIPs live in Nigeria.

Also the poorest people in America who earn minimum wage make up to 1200 a month.

Below are pictures of South Central L.A. Its considered a ghetto. Compare it with Lekki
Honestly where can u compare those pics with. Be like today na shiit smokers day fot NL... u show front of dead projects with old faded walls and a street looking like ghost town then ask us to compare?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Checkout The Swagg Between My Cute Bro And Friends In OBODO OYIBO (photos) / Truth About Most Active Ladies On Romance Section. / Unbelievable! Best Man Grabs Bride Backside. PHOTOS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.