Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,174 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:51 AM

Married People...i Need Advice. How Did U Know She/he Is "The One?" - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Married People...i Need Advice. How Did U Know She/he Is "The One?" (939 Views)

Married People: What Advice Do You Have For Singles? / Indecisive About My Fiancée That Dated People I Know / 13 Clear Signs To Know She Enjoys Having Sex With You. (nauthy Friday 18+) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Married People...i Need Advice. How Did U Know She/he Is "The One?" by Jobola1: 5:50am On Oct 20, 2020
I currently don't live in Nigeria and I have had my fair share of relationships, d last one ended late last year. For the past five months, I have been chatting with this girl from East Africa. We haven't seen for work n Covid related reasons. We r in the same country but different cities.

We chat almost everyday n it can exceed two hours usually. Well, it is my nature to begin to develop feelings for a girl if we chat alot and I developed feelings. I made it known to her that even though I didn't ever see myself in a long distance relationship, I was willing to start one with her. Truth is, the girl is for the keep. She is like someone u want to keep forever. When I asked her out like two months ago, she turned it down citing d fact that her head is not settled. To be fair to her, She had lost someone close to her n it disturbs her even till now.

Before I asked her out, our friendship was tight but she didn't give any clue to suggest she loves me. But after she said no, she has been given me a lot of love. She says it with her mouth n she expresses it in her actions.

To the main point of this thread

I can't do without talking to her. We r not not even dating but I feel demotivated to chat with any girl,
that is the kind of crazy effect she has on me. She also admitted that after we once had a fight, She vowed not to chat with me again. But after like a day or two, she couldn't take it again and had to start chatting back. She is also a big fan of anything Nigerian. She even tries broken english alot. She knows all the musician. She watches nollywood movies a lot more than me.

I once suggested that I am going to try to ask her out a second time. And she replied "you can".

Every body is still hustling but I feel like I want to spend the rest of my life with her. I mean it, and marriage could happen next year if some things work out fine.

To the married folks

How did you feel about your partner before u decided to marry him/her.

I feel like marriage is a strong commitment. Before u make such commitment, you must have felt something strong about a person.

What is that "something strong" that you felt? How did u know that she/he is the one? I just want to know if what I feel is right, and if I am making the right decision.

I know some people might feel she hasn't even said yes, n I am going through this stress. That's because I am not so interested in boyfriend n girlfriend anymore, I wish to settle down, I want more from this one and just playing the game and "seeing how it goes."
Re: Married People...i Need Advice. How Did U Know She/he Is "The One?" by thesicilian: 5:51am On Oct 20, 2020
There's no such thing as "the one". Whatever you feel now about the person will use fade out within a few months or years after marriage. Just find somebody you're most comfortable and compatible with and settle down.

But in your case not this one you're chatting with that you've never met and don't even know if she's married already. There's no substitute for looking into someone's eyes and seeing straight through their bullsh*t.

4 Likes

Re: Married People...i Need Advice. How Did U Know She/he Is "The One?" by LawLab247: 5:59am On Oct 20, 2020
Dunno
Re: Married People...i Need Advice. How Did U Know She/he Is "The One?" by JERRY1925(m): 6:01am On Oct 20, 2020
thesicilian:
There's no such thing as the one

Yeah, according to a friend of mine. He would say, oga go to the market and buy ur trouble and go manage it.
But dispite that, u still have to pray. Watch for compatibility. Check some few characters then decide if u can live with this trouble. Because even u yourself get your issues. So look for someone you can stay with.
If even God carry woman give u, challenge or small problem must they... Reason God done comot hand for the business.

1 Like

Re: Married People...i Need Advice. How Did U Know She/he Is "The One?" by Bola146(f): 6:30am On Oct 20, 2020
grin I'm not married but from what you wrote that your friendship and communication are solid, since the two main good foundation of true love is that, I think you are both good for each other.
Re: Married People...i Need Advice. How Did U Know She/he Is "The One?" by Romanoff(f): 6:41am On Oct 20, 2020
If you're a Christian and you pray before you make major decisions, when you pray about who you want to marry, if you're marrying right, there's this all round peace you'll have.

This peace is not because the person is perfect or flawless, but because Una go dey alright las las.

3 Likes

Re: Married People...i Need Advice. How Did U Know She/he Is "The One?" by DWJOBScom(m): 6:48am On Oct 20, 2020
Romanoff:
If you're a Christian and you pray before you make major decisions, when you pray about who you want to marry, if you're marrying right, there's this all round peace you'll have.

This peace is not because the person is perfect or flawless, but because Una go dey alright las las.

I was going to write it everything you wrote first before you ran to write it first.

It's not fair o

BUT you spoke the truth

1 Like

Re: Married People...i Need Advice. How Did U Know She/he Is "The One?" by Romanoff(f): 7:19am On Oct 20, 2020
DWJOBScom:

I was going to write it everything you wrote first before you ran to write it first.

It's not fair o

BUT you spoke the truth

Na the spirit dey talk.

1 Like

Re: Married People...i Need Advice. How Did U Know She/he Is "The One?" by Nobody: 8:45am On Oct 20, 2020
Jobola1:
I currently don't live in Nigeria and I have had my fair share of relationships, d last one ended late last year. For the past five months, I have been chatting with this girl from East Africa. We haven't seen for work n Covid related reasons. We r in the same country but different cities.

We chat almost everyday n it can exceed two hours usually. Well, it is my nature to begin to develop feelings for a girl if we chat alot and I developed feelings. I made it known to her that even though I didn't ever see myself in a long distance relationship, I was willing to start one with her. Truth is, the girl is for the keep. She is like someone u want to keep forever. When I asked her out like two months ago, she turned it down citing d fact that her head is not settled. To be fair to her, She had lost someone close to her n it disturbs her even till now.

Before I asked her out, our friendship was tight but she didn't give any clue to suggest she loves me. But after she said no, she has been given me a lot of love. She says it with her mouth n she expresses it in her actions.

To the main point of this thread

I can't do without talking to her. We r not not even dating but I feel demotivated to chat with any girl,
that is the kind of crazy effect she has on me. She also admitted that after we once had a fight, She vowed not to chat with me again. But after like a day or two, she couldn't take it again and had to start chatting back. She is also a big fan of anything Nigerian. She even tries broken english alot. She knows all the musician. She watches nollywood movies a lot more than me.

I once suggested that I am going to try to ask her out a second time. And she replied "you can".

Every body is still hustling but I feel like I want to spend the rest of my life with her. I mean it, and marriage could happen next year if some things work out fine.

To the married folks

How did you feel about your partner before u decided to marry him/her.

I feel like marriage is a strong commitment. Before u make such commitment, you must have felt something strong about a person.

What is that "something strong" that you felt? How did u know that she/he is the one? I just want to know if what I feel is right, and if I am making the right decision.

I know some people might feel she hasn't even said yes, n I am going through this stress. That's because I am not so interested in boyfriend n girlfriend anymore, I wish to settle down, I want more from this one and just playing the game and "seeing how it goes."
Go Ahead, As Long As U Are A Man.
Re: Married People...i Need Advice. How Did U Know She/he Is "The One?" by healthbing(f): 8:53am On Oct 20, 2020
Romanoff:

Seconded
Re: Married People...i Need Advice. How Did U Know She/he Is "The One?" by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 20, 2020
Ask Google,,,,,,☹️☹️
Re: Married People...i Need Advice. How Did U Know She/he Is "The One?" by Ken26(m): 9:58am On Oct 20, 2020
Bro dont make a mistake lovin a woman more dan she loves u, dt d advice my grandmother gave me, most of all, marry ur peace of mind, ur long life depends on d kind of wife u got married to, remember all dt glitters ar not Gold, its ur choice

(1) (Reply)

Scandal Scandal......please Help!!! / Benefits Of The Redpill To Young Christians.. / My girlfriend wants to breakup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.