Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,340 members, 7,811,988 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 05:01 AM

I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... - Health (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... (86201 Views)

She Finally Carry Me Go HIV Test - The Result / I Finally Went For A HIV Test First Time In My Entire Life / Sex With Prostitute: My HIV/AIDS Test And Result Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Exodora: 12:35am On Nov 01, 2020
Tell her to do another test but then in a different hospital , she might not be positive .
In 2011, I was very down sick , there was cholera outbreak so went to this stupid hospital ooo.
That was how the foolish doctor proclaimed me HIV positive . The doctor directed me to general hospital were I carried out a test but the result came out negative . I took the result to the hospital the doctor sent me back ,when I got to the general hospital .They sent me back to the hospital again .
The doctor asked me some stupid questions about my life styles which I explained lucky me , I had a boyfriend but then we were not into sex already cause I know that is the easiest way people contract it .The doctor says I must have contracted it through kissing then , I felt so stupid going back to general hospital again and again , so decided not to go again.
To cut the story short am still alive and strong without any drugs since then and my boyfriend is even married with kids.
Last year same hospital proclaimed one man positive and the man has being living in guilt only to carry out another test in a different hospital this year and discovered he was negative . He went to the hospital they told him there must have being a mistake .
So your girlfriend should have another test but then in a different hospital to ascertain if it's same with the first result . Cause hospitals can be careless at time expect she is has being living a reckless life.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by benobyeze(m): 12:36am On Nov 01, 2020
The story is inconclusive. Is the test positive or negative?
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by bennyflipy(m): 12:38am On Nov 01, 2020
frog12:
are you serious?? all dis girls have HIV aids? so we no fit marry any GOOD GIRL again?
wetin be dis?

As in ehn
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by bennyflipy(m): 12:41am On Nov 01, 2020
Lightangel65:

Where all these girls dey come from self, abeg guys no let konji ruin your lives
If them tell you this my cousin girlfriend is positive u no go believe, same with my friend girl then( she's 22) now I think
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by ceejay80s(m): 12:53am On Nov 01, 2020
faithful2911:

emtricitabine/ tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (truvada ).

They won't sell it to you unless you approach them codedly. The drugs are sold codedly because they were actually meant to be free. Go to any big pharmacy and ask to meet the doctor/pharmacist, explain the situation to him even if the drug is not available they will get it for you. The name of drug sex go fear HIV

Goodluck.
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Madas1986(m): 1:05am On Nov 01, 2020
Kingrefreshed:

Prep has a serious severe side effect that can even lead to death. HIV is no more a death sentence! Live a positive life,eat well and take your drugs and Everything being equal your CD4 count can come down to zero and you will be almost as normal as anybody.

Knowledge is key!
some people can throw fat lies hmmm for what they don't know and don't want to know which prep cause dead due to side effects sth that boost immune system Kai
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by frog12: 1:06am On Nov 01, 2020
where una come from? MAROKO?

bennyflipy:

If them tell you this my cousin girlfriend is positive u no go believe, same with my friend girl then( she's 22) now I think
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Madas1986(m): 1:08am On Nov 01, 2020
Madas1986:
some people can throw fat lies hmmm for what they don't know and don't want to know which prep cause dead due to side effects sth that boost immune system Kai
Let chat on whatapp I will explain things to you am a case manager with an NGO mainly concern with HIV work
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Madas1986(m): 1:08am On Nov 01, 2020
Madas1986:

Let chat on whatapp I will explain things to you am a case manager with an NGO mainly concern with HIV work
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Madas1986(m): 1:10am On Nov 01, 2020
abuhusna1:
It's not easy for a man to catch hiv except you run out of luck but a woman that sleeps with hiv + man will get it same day. Our dick hole is so tiny that the virus may find it difficult to penetrate except you have a cut that mix your blood together during the sexual intercourse. This I was told by a doctor and I belief its true but don't ever take chances play safe always
another fat lies
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by bennyflipy(m): 1:17am On Nov 01, 2020
frog12:
where una come from? MAROKO?
KD
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by faithful2911(m): 1:19am On Nov 01, 2020
drdee2:

I'm a doctor, and take it from me...U be complete "Ode".(idiot)
I have met dumb doctors. Thank you.
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by tosinhtml: 1:29am On Nov 01, 2020
Exodora:

To cut the story short am still alive and strong without any drugs since then and my boyfriend is even married with kids.

So you married you BF or he married someone else and he his with kids? Which one undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by obinna58(m): 1:35am On Nov 01, 2020
mosho2good:
��������
DEAR WIFE...

1. If you want your husband to make love to you often, have a good attitude. No matter how sexy you look or dress, your husband will not find you attractive if you have a bad attitude

2. If you want your husband to be eating with you, be pleasant to be around. No matter how tasty your food, it loses taste when being around you is stressful

3. If you want your husband to be opening up to you sensitive and difficult information, learn to keep secrets and not to overreact. A man refrains from sharing too much when he is scared information will be leaked or be misinterpreted

4. If you want your husband to be praying with you, stop acting as if your prayers are more powerful or you are closer to God than him. Allow your husband to pray his kind of way

5. If you want your husband to be taking you out often, stop bringing drama and ruining dates with issues that should be dealt with at home. No man wants to go spend time and money at a venue where he will be emotionally drained

6. If you want your husband to solve the issues in your marriage, stop seeing yourself as the angel and him the devil, stop attacking him or labelling him as "The agent the devil is using to ruin your marriage". See also your fault, show him you are on the same team and seek solutions, not finger pointing

7. If you want your husband to come home early, be peaceful. The wife tends to own the home and so can easily make the husband keep off if she becomes harsh, uninviting and combative

8. If you want your husband to be chatting with you and calling you up, be fun to talk to, make him miss you. If each time he calls you or chats you up it ends up with you starting a fight, reminding him of his wrongs or ordering him around he will avoid communication with you

9. If you want your husband to receive your suggestions and corrections then speak to him with a tone of love. If you come at him shouting, dictating at him or manipulating him he will harden up.

In order to achieve all this at once be intelligent and smart.
You can't give what you don't have.
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by DragonFire433: 1:43am On Nov 01, 2020
superior1:
Your story get as e be

Anyway, I advice you to take a second test to reconfirm you aren’t a biological weapon and disaster

lol

You funny sha........ a biological weapon. cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by DragonFire433: 1:46am On Nov 01, 2020
ManishSmith:
There is no need asking her how she contracted it, you are immune to HIV just continue knacking her till you knack it out of her body... She might become immune too and continue knacking other till we knack it out of this world...

Then we can crown him as Mr HIV knacker and destroyer.
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by olisaEze(m): 1:48am On Nov 01, 2020
mzBEAM:

Shut the fVck up.

Is that your darling daddy below?

cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Why are Nigerians so savage? grin grin
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by EndBuhariNow(m): 1:52am On Nov 01, 2020
Keep Deceiving ur fellow kids with lies
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Nobody: 1:57am On Nov 01, 2020
Sawzer:

Imagine if an HIV patient had sores in his mouth and you use his toothbrush with you have injury in your mouth again. What do you think will happen?
but why will u be sharing toothbrush with another person nau.how much is toothbrush again?

3 Likes

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Nobody: 2:01am On Nov 01, 2020
Exodora:
Tell her to do another test but then in a different hospital , she might not be positive .
In 2011, I was very down sick , there was cholera outbreak so went to this stupid hospital ooo.
That was how the foolish doctor proclaimed me HIV positive . The doctor directed me to general hospital were I carried out a test but the result came out negative . I took the result to the hospital the doctor sent me back ,when I got the general hospital They sent me back to the hospital again .
The doctor ask me some stupid questions about my life styles which I explained , lucky me I had a boyfriend but then we were not into sex already cause I know that is the easeasi way people contract it The doctor says I must have contracted it through kissing , I felt so stupid going back to general hospital again and again , so decided not to go again.
Last year same hospital proclaimed one man positive and the man has being living in guilt only to carry out another test in a different hospital this year and discovered he was negative . He went to the hospital they told him there must have being a mistake .
So your girlfriend should have another test but then in a different hospital to ascertain if it's same with the first result . Cause hospitals can be careless at time expect she is has being living a reckless life.
abeg not everybody who claims to be a doctor is actually a doctor cheesy.Nigeria is so messed up right now that anybody can easily buy fake MBBS degree under any mango or cashew tree in nigeria cheesy.If u really know how messed up naija is then u would to clearify anyone wearing a shirt and tie claiming to be a doctor is a real doctor cheesy.If u have to do any hiv test go to a teaching hospital or govt hospital not private hospital.A colleague of mine in school then died when he went to a certain private hospital to do appendicitis procedure.Only God will save naija with the number of medical quarks swarming all over the place.

4 Likes

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by LikeAking: 2:07am On Nov 01, 2020
Fake story.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by frog12: 2:29am On Nov 01, 2020
the north!

bennyflipy:

KD
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by banio: 3:04am On Nov 01, 2020
Bellotelli:
This is about the first story I'll be posting here, so please pardon my typo and I'll try to make it a short one.

I met this girl about four years ago and we started dating immediately (she was 20). She was a good person but I had no deep emotional feelings for her. She even got a customized Man United Jersey for me.. The first birthday gift I ever had.

Fast forward to December 2018, I decided to break up with her becos I met someone else whom I thought I would settle down with but that relationship turned out be my worst nightmare (story for another day). By January 2020 I decided I've had enough and quitted, then I reached out to my ex and mended things with her cos she never offended me and I didn't want to be lonely.

Our relationship was mainly sexual.. Sometimes without protection.

Fast forward, mid May 2020 she sent me a message asking when last I did an HIV test and I told her since August last year (a lie). I called her immediately and tried to know why she asked and she confessed that she has been diagnosed HIV positive since late last year and she has been battling with her conscience since we came back and started having unprotected sex.

Initially, I was very furious with her and myself. How could I make such a silly mistake?... How could I be so gullible as to trust a girl merely by her looks? She called, messaged and begged that I should forgive her but I told her to give me some space for the time being.

I became so scared of going for a test until last month (September) when I decided to meet her. We spoke at length and I was more traumatized when she told me that she wasn't in any sexual relationship since our break up in 2018... She thought I infected her. I was also confused because aside catarrh I've not treated even malaria since the beginning of this year. In fact since August last year I was only diagnosed with malaria and typhoid.

Conclusively, I decided to go with her to the hospital to conduct the test yesterday October 19, 2020. I prayed for a second chance as i waited anxiously in the Lab reception.

Finally, the doctor called me and told me the test result. Wow.. What a relief, I thank God Almighty for a second chance. I know HIV is not the end of the world, but what I feared the most and for most people out there is the stigma.

AND FOR MY NOW EX... I'll Like to sit down with her in order to know the truth. I want to know how she contracted HIV.

She should go to another Laboratory for a confirmation test. It's possible she is negative
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by alabi484(m): 3:42am On Nov 01, 2020
Bellotelli:
This is about the first story I'll be posting here, so please pardon my typo and I'll try to make it a short one.

I met this girl about four years ago and we started dating immediately (she was 20). She was a good person but I had no deep emotional feelings for her. She even got a customized Man United Jersey for me.. The first birthday gift I ever had.

Fast forward to December 2018, I decided to break up with her becos I met someone else whom I thought I would settle down with but that relationship turned out be my worst nightmare (story for another day). By January 2020 I decided I've had enough and quitted, then I reached out to my ex and mended things with her cos she never offended me and I didn't want to be lonely.

Fast forward, mid May 2020 she sent me a message asking when last I did an HIV test and I told her since August last year (a lie). I called her immediately and tried to know why she asked and she confessed that she has been diagnosed HIV positive since late last year and she has been battling with her conscience since we came back and started having unprotected sex.

Initially, I was very furious with her and myself. How could I make such a silly mistake?... How could I be so gullible as to trust a girl merely by her looks? She called, messaged and begged that I should forgive her but I told her to give me some space for the time being.

I became so scared of going for a test until last month (September) when I decided to meet her. We spoke at length and I was more traumatized when she told me that she wasn't in any sexual relationship since our break up in 2018... She thought I infected her. I was also confused because aside catarrh I've not treated even malaria since the beginning of this year. In fact since August last year I was only diagnosed with malaria and typhoid.

Conclusively, I decided to go with her to the hospital to conduct the test yesterday October 19, 2020. I prayed for a second chance as i waited anxiously in the Lab reception.

Finally, the doctor called me and told me the test result. Wow.. What a relief, I thank God Almighty for a second chance. I know HIV is not the end of the world, but what I feared the most and for most people out there is the stigma.

AND FOR MY NOW EX... I'll Like to sit down with her in order to know the truth. I want to know how she contracted HIV.

Lol... She's most definitely pranking you... A repayment for the suffering you put her through when you went after a new kpekus

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by ceaser: 3:55am On Nov 01, 2020
faithful2911:
Congrats!

I now fvck raw because I'm on Prep since last two months. cool

You can get the drug in pharmacy is just 5k, you can also get the drug for free if you have connections otherwise they only give it to health workers.

Goodluck.

Pre-exposure prophylaxis (or PrEP) is when people at risk for HIV take daily medicine to prevent HIV. PrEP can stop HIV from taking hold and spreading throughout your body. When taken daily, PrEP is highly effective for preventing HIV from sex or injection drug use. PrEP is much less effective when it is not taken consistently.
Studies have shown that PrEP reduces the risk of getting HIV from sex by about 99% when taken daily. Among people who inject drugs, PrEP reduces the risk of getting HIV by at least 74% when taken daily.

emtricitabine/tenofovir (truvada ).

The same drug is also used to prevent HIV.

modified
For those quoting me out of ignorance. There's a difference between PreP and PEP. PreP is 99.9% effective against HIV even couples use it to produce negative babies when one partner is positive.
Also there is a very strong PEP against all bacterial infections.

Oral se.x only carries hypothetical risk(theoretical risk), in reality the risk is almost zero.
Even if you kiss 1000 people you can't contract HIV.

You have a number of controversies up there.

• Oral 53x is much different from french kiss. Maybe not for French kiss, but oral 53x definitely carries risk of contracting not only HIV but also many other viral STIs like, HPV (Oral and Genital warts, Cervical Cancer and Pulmonary cancer), HHV 1 and 2 (Genital herpes and Oral herpes) and of course HIV. The risks are much increased if there is co-existing GUDx (genital ulcer diseases) in the recipient or oral ulcers in the giver (partner giving the oral 53x.). In some cases all it takes to get infected with some of these bugs during 53x is "microabrasions" (tiny, invisible, painless scratches on skin in and around the genital area) a situation which is inevitable during every 53x romp. The virus particles then get settled in their effective environment thru these microabrasions. For your information, use of condomay not prevent against HPV or HHV, this is because the condom does not cover the whole penile shaft or even the t3stes, so genital fluid from a potential positive partner settling on microabrasions in such exposed areas can serve as conduit for infection.

• Have you heard of AMR (Anti-Microbial Resistance)? If you have, then you won't be a proponent of "very strong PEP against all bacterial infections" as you posited above. It is a very dangerous practice to use antimicrobials (antivirals, antibiotics and antifungals) without a physician's prescriotion, the choice of which in itself must have been decided upon by the physician following a proper laboratory evidence of infection, the organism implicated, Antimicrobial sensitivity carried out on the organisms isolated to determine the effectiveness of the antibiotics in question and finally plus or minus strong consideration of the empirical sensitivity pattern of organisms suspected of causing such infections in cases where doing lab tests is a challenge.

Please do not take the term AMR as just a mere mention. It's a real and present danger which we humans currently face and if we keep doing things as before, we may soon hit a situation similar to "pre-antibiotic era" in which most of the antibiotics we see these days will no longer be effective to treat infections. Then something as "common" or "immutable" as typhoid can turn out being a near 100% death sentence for whoever has it. Human activities Viz: the general population, Poor hygiene (infection Prevention and Control), irrational antibiotic use, animal husbandry/rearing, veterinary Doctors, medical doctors and indeed all Health Care Workers are all complicit in this problem of Anti-Microbial Resistance.

Those organisms that cause these infections have developed features and processes in their system to render common antibiotics useless. Sadly there is currently no strong research into development of new antibiotics cos big pharma have diverted researches into more money spinning drugs for chronic illness like DM, HTN etc. We are not likely to get novel type of antibiotics in the horizon within the next 10 years. So what this means is that we are fast running out of choices of antibiotics that work effectively.

You may think that your ampiclox or penicillin still works when you use it, and you may be right. But pray like mad that you do not get infected by the "stubborn" (drug resistant) population of a particular specie of microorganism.

Your persistent use of DT4/TDF exposes your liver to the hepatic side effects of HIV drugs. So there's no need to be kobo wise, naira foolish. Why endanger your system to liver failure (which is more fatal) all because you're using drugs to prevent HIV which is even less deadlier these days? It may also provide a way for whichever HIV subtype you come into contact with to "train" itself on ways to become less susceptible to the drug. After that stage must have been achieved, subsequent copies/offspring that that newly resistant viron produces will acquire that resistant gene from the parent viron. If another HIV positive individual that has hitherto done fine on Emtricitabine/truvada then gets infected with this new population of resistant types, the dude may be in trouble cos his drug will no longer work on this newly acquired resistant viral population. Treatment failure ensues and that's potentially fatal.

I wonder how it's possible to get ART as over the counter drugs, honestly it baffles me. But please try to slow down on it and stop it altogether. What you are doing is secondary prevention (use of drugs to prevent) whereas primary prevention (use of condom barriers, faithful partner, abstinence) which is usually better. This is similar to you going out to meet COVID positive people in the peak of COVID 19 epidemic and saying that wearing face masks, face shields and physical distancing will protect you, wherease the better option would have been for you to outrightly stay home away from the sick people where you won't even have to use any of those masks thingy.

On a lighter note, usually when partners go for test TOGETHER, it is best practice to know each others result. The attending health care worker may even have the two of you together in the office to break the news (positive or negative) after you both must have given your full consent.

You did not see your exe's result, but she knows yours direct from the horse's (doctor's) mouth. What if she is actually negative and she only needs a more effective and more conscionable way to get rid of you. I'll say she succeeded cos now you'll feel sorry for her, she goes on to marry the man of her choice after they both must have passed their HIV tests. Meanwhile you keep looking at them and waiting for years to see the two of them fall ill from a non-existent ailment.

Kingrefreshed:

Prep has a serious severe side effect that can even lead to death. HIV is no more a death sentence! Live a positive life,eat well and take your drugs and Everything being equal your CD4 count can come down to zero and you will be almost as normal as anybody.

Knowledge is key!

I believe you had in mind to type "viral load can come down to zero..."

5 Likes

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by candygist: 4:51am On Nov 01, 2020
Bellotelli:

Your village people did not get you thus time. Congrats
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Alcantara88: 4:58am On Nov 01, 2020
You might be in your window period which might make u test negative . Go for another confirmatory test after 3months and then u can stand akimbo.
Pls don't get it twisted. Am not wishing u a positive result .
cool
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Ishilove: 5:27am On Nov 01, 2020
I met this girl about four years ago and we started dating immediately (she was 20). She was a good person but I had no deep emotional feelings for her.
You see why I don't support all these useless 'dating for dating' sake? It is merely an avenue for iniquity that brings unnecessary drama and risks into our lives.

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 5:28am On Nov 01, 2020
Psych412:
You really dodge your village people grin cheesy
Fakee girl grin
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Judybash93(m): 5:37am On Nov 01, 2020
Go and do the test again
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Sunrise258: 5:38am On Nov 01, 2020
Dude reminds me of the day I did mine. Awaiting result feels like being arrested in Saudi Arabia for drugs. Used pseudonyms & the nurse almost gave me BP with the expression on her face. Thank God for life.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Her Stretch Marks Are Getting Black... Advice Needed Please. / Enlarge your BREAST,HIP,BUTT and VIRGINA TIGHTENING ETC / Python Bites Thai Teenager On His Penis While Sitting On Toilet (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.