Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:24 AM

I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... - Health (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... (86197 Views)

She Finally Carry Me Go HIV Test - The Result / I Finally Went For A HIV Test First Time In My Entire Life / Sex With Prostitute: My HIV/AIDS Test And Result Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by drdee2: 11:18pm On Oct 31, 2020
adetayoonas:

Haba. See lies. The pep or prep has no side effects oo. It can't kill. Why do people just tell lies in unverified stories. Haba. Why this gross misinformation.
Protect yourself. Use PEP after any unprotected sex.

PEP definitely has side effects. I took it for 1 whole month following a needle prick from HIV infected patient. That 1 month was the worst of my life. Some people have had serious adverse reaction to the drugs and we're hospitalised for it. If ur immune system is intact, the meds is harder on u.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by bolousadex: 11:18pm On Oct 31, 2020
faithful2911:
Congrats!

I now fvck raw because I'm on Prep since last two months. cool

You can get the drug in pharmacy is just 5k, you can also get the drug for free if you have connections otherwise they only give it to health workers.

Goodluck.

Stop misleading people. PEP is safe but you can't get a PEP in pharmacy.
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by lomprico(m): 11:19pm On Oct 31, 2020
Bellotelli:
This is about the first story I'll be posting here, so please pardon my typo and I'll try to make it a short one.

I met this girl about four years ago and we started dating immediately (she was 20). She was a good person but I had no deep emotional feelings for her. She even got a customized Man United Jersey for me.. The first birthday gift I ever had.

Fast forward to December 2018, I decided to break up with her becos I met someone else whom I thought I would settle down with but that relationship turned out be my worst nightmare (story for another day). By January 2020 I decided I've had enough and quitted, then I reached out to my ex and mended things with her cos she never offended me and I didn't want to be lonely.

Our relationship was mainly sexual.. Sometimes without protection.

Fast forward, mid May 2020 she sent me a message asking when last I did an HIV test and I told her since August last year (a lie). I called her immediately and tried to know why she asked and she confessed that she has been diagnosed HIV positive since late last year and she has been battling with her conscience since we came back and started having unprotected sex.

Initially, I was very furious with her and myself. How could I make such a silly mistake?... How could I be so gullible as to trust a girl merely by her looks? She called, messaged and begged that I should forgive her but I told her to give me some space for the time being.

I became so scared of going for a test until last month (September) when I decided to meet her. We spoke at length and I was more traumatized when she told me that she wasn't in any sexual relationship since our break up in 2018... She thought I infected her. I was also confused because aside catarrh I've not treated even malaria since the beginning of this year. In fact since August last year I was only diagnosed with malaria and typhoid.

Conclusively, I decided to go with her to the hospital to conduct the test yesterday October 19, 2020. I prayed for a second chance as i waited anxiously in the Lab reception.

Finally, the doctor called me and told me the test result. Wow.. What a relief, I thank God Almighty for a second chance. I know HIV is not the end of the world, but what I feared the most and for most people out there is the stigma.

AND FOR MY NOW EX... I'll Like to sit down with her in order to know the truth. I want to know how she contracted HIV.

dont be so relieved yet, go back for another test after 6 months.
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Misterdhee1(m): 11:21pm On Oct 31, 2020
gr8cany:

I hope the doctor told you about window period,
I'm not been negative to you but to be on a safer side, conduct another test after three months or better still ask that your serum is used for the test, the conventional HIV test of blood on strip is dependent on released retroviral antibodies.
They exist discordant partners it can be that you are free but make your celebration complete by hearkening to this advice
Oga, almost all infected individuals will test positive by 8 weeks. If the guy was positive, the test would have shown positive. It's more likely to have a false positive with hiv tests, than a false negative. Hiv tests are 99.98% accurate at 3 months. Google CDC HIV guidelines for your information.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by drdee2: 11:22pm On Oct 31, 2020
Openbusiness:
Many people aren't even conscious that HIV can also be spread by kissing. Daz why I no dey kiss anybody anyhow. Any girl wey c dis my golden lips kiss muzz consider herself extremely lucky grin

BIG FAT LIE
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Iniobong44(m): 11:22pm On Oct 31, 2020
Yes dear
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by gr8cany: 11:24pm On Oct 31, 2020
faithful2911:
Congrats!

I now fvck raw because I'm on Prep since last two months. cool

You can get the drug in pharmacy is just 5k, you can also get the drug for free if you have connections otherwise they only give it to health workers.

Goodluck.
Pls don't advertise this, prep is associated with it's own risk, hope you know the prep is attenuated HIV virus? which you running from!
Pep is even better taken when you made the mistake already and is been afraid of contracting the virus if your partner is positive.

At best of HIV free life is stay away from unprotected sex
Abstain from sex if you can't use condom
Maintain a faithful partner
And always be conscious of contact with blood or fluid of another person be it direct or through object
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by perryy(m): 11:24pm On Oct 31, 2020
Hiv is a hoax
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by kachimor(m): 11:24pm On Oct 31, 2020
faithful2911:

emtricitabine/ tenofovir disoproxil fumarate (truvada ).

They won't sell it to you unless you approach them codedly. The drugs are sold codedly because they were actually meant to be free. Go to any big pharmacy and ask to meet the doctor/pharmacist, explain the situation to him even if the drug is not available they will get it for you.

Goodluck.

The drugs u mentioned are used to treat HIV and not to prevent HIV
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by zigleary: 11:26pm On Oct 31, 2020
edlion57:
any pharmacy u fit recommend
I can be of help if you need it.
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by temiyato(m): 11:28pm On Oct 31, 2020
Hiv is not contagious via sex. Make ur research and the truth will set u free.
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by gr8cany: 11:29pm On Oct 31, 2020
drdee2:

BIG FAT LIE

How do you mean big fat lie?
Pls be guided HIV can be transmitted during a deep kiss especially if the viral load of the carrier is high

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by zigleary: 11:29pm On Oct 31, 2020
Kingrefreshed:

Prep has a serious severe side effect that can even lead to death. HIV is no more a death sentence! Live a positive life,eat well and take your drugs and Everything being equal your CD4 count can come down to zero and you will be almost as normal as anybody.

Knowledge is key!
No side effects for Pep, it's viral test they do now not cd4 count again.
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by stonecoldcafe: 11:30pm On Oct 31, 2020
Bellotelli:
This is about the first story I'll be posting here, so please pardon my typo and I'll try to make it a short one.

AND FOR MY NOW EX... I'll Like to sit down with her in order to know the truth. I want to know how she contracted HIV.

Try and retake this test after another 3 months just to be super sure. Remember window period...
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Ogbuu101: 11:31pm On Oct 31, 2020
ArticleBeast:

You think hiv is the only disease that can be contracted via unprotected sex
No mind am
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Lexusgs430: 11:32pm On Oct 31, 2020
Bellotelli:

I met this girl about four years ago and we started dating immediately (she was 20). She was a good person but I had no deep emotional feelings for her. She even got a customized Man United Jersey for me.. The first birthday gift I ever had.

Fast forward to December 2018, I decided to break up with her becos I met someone else whom I thought I would settle down with but that relationship turned out be my worst nightmare (story for another day). By January 2020 I decided I've had enough and quitted, then I reached out to my ex and mended things with her cos she never offended me and I didn't want to be lonely.

Fast forward, mid May 2020 she sent me a message asking when last I did an HIV test and I told her since August last year (a lie). I called her immediately and tried to know why she asked and she confessed that she has been diagnosed HIV positive since late last year and she has been battling with her conscience since we came back and started having unprotected sex.

Initially, I was very furious with her and myself. How could I make such a silly mistake?... How could I be so gullible as to trust a girl merely by her looks? She called, messaged and begged that I should forgive her but I told her to give me some space for the time being.

I became so scared of going for a test until last month (September) when I decided to meet her. We spoke at length and I was more traumatized when she told me that she wasn't in any sexual relationship since our break up in 2018... She thought I infected her. I was also confused because aside catarrh I've not treated even malaria since the beginning of this year. In fact since August last year I was only diagnosed with malaria and typhoid.

Conclusively, I decided to go with her to the hospital to conduct the test yesterday October 19, 2020. I prayed for a second chance as i waited anxiously in the Lab reception.

Finally, the doctor called me and told me the test result. Wow.. What a relief, I thank God Almighty for a second chance. I know HIV is not the end of the world, but what I feared the most and for most people out there is the stigma.

How does your sitting down with her, after her situation?.......?
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by pozehnani(f): 11:33pm On Oct 31, 2020
You only went to one lab and you're already jumping. You need to go to two more different labs before you can be sure.

As for your girl, both of you are chronic liars. You lied when she asked you when last you did the test. She too... Who knows if she's lying she that she hasn't had a fling since you guys parted ways.

May God heal her though.
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by backbone503(m): 11:33pm On Oct 31, 2020
Bellotelli:

Go for confirmatory test. However, you're negative probably because her viral load is quite low. She must have been judicious with her antiretroviral medication

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Lightangel65: 11:37pm On Oct 31, 2020
CAPSLOCKED:

SHE KNOWS WHO INFECTED HER. THIS LIE WOULD HAVE STOOD HAD IT BEEN YOU TESTED POSITIVE AS WELL.
FOR HER TO NOT TELL YOU ABOUT THIS SITUATION AND GO ON TO ENGAGE YOU WITHOUT CONTRACEPTIVE IS A CLEAR SIGN OF HER EVIL AND MALICIOUS INTENT. SHE MAY BE CRYING AND APOLOGIZING, BUT SHE DOESN'T LOVE YOU, SHE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOU. SHE'LL DO THAT TO THE NEXT GUY AND MANY OTHER GUYS AND TRY TO CRY HER WAY OUT BECAUSE ALL THEY DO IS ACT STUPID DRAMAS, BUT YOU MUST DO YOURSELF GOOD AND CUT OFF THE DECEPTIVE EVIL CREATURE BEFORE IT CAUSES YOU REAL HARM.

Bro you get it, you never fail to deliver.

She is a wicked bitch i wonder how many more guys she would try and infect. Crocodile tears expose that mofo let other guys know she has HIV.
You can post her pic here too so we able guys would know to avoid her if we jam her

4 Likes 5 Shares

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by gr8cany: 11:37pm On Oct 31, 2020
Misterdhee1:

Oga, almost all infected individuals will test positive by 8 weeks. If the guy was positive, the test would have shown positive. It's more likely to have a false positive with hiv tests, than a false negative. Hiv tests are 99.98% accurate. Google CDC HIV guidelines for your information.
Your submission is so wrong, 99.98%? Jus say the � you meant.
Do you realize that in faces of viral attack, they are periods when everything lies low and internal constitution including the blood all revert all through normal
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by bennyflipy(m): 11:38pm On Oct 31, 2020
my cousin is in the same situation, he proposed to her last December hoping to get married this November, but he discovered she's positive around February this year. He was afraid to do the test, cos he concluded he's positive, but he summoned courage and did the test July and September he came out negative. but the marriage don cast because if family know Na cancel immediately.
My very good friend also dated a girl for 5 years and he knew she was positive, see mind and him dey lash raw. though him dey pressure the girl to dey take her HIV drugs steady
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Lightangel65: 11:39pm On Oct 31, 2020
pozehnani:
You only went to one lab and you're already jumping. You need to go to two more different labs before you can be sure.

As for your girl, both of you are chronic liars. You lied when she asked you when last you did the test. She too... Who knows if she's lying she that she hasn't had a fling since you guys parted ways.

May God heal her though.

And fun fact HIV isn't easily visible in the blood after infection until 6-10months, he should take another test in about 3months time
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by frog12: 11:39pm On Oct 31, 2020
are you serious??
all dis girls have HIV aids? so we no fit marry any GOOD GIRL again?

wetin be dis?

bennyflipy:
my cousin is in the same situation, he proposed to her last December hoping to get married this November, but he discovered she's positive around February this year. He was afraid to do the test, cos he concluded he's positive, but he summoned courage and did the test July and September he came out negative. but the marriage don cast because if family know Na cancel immediately.
My very good friend also dated a girl for 5 years and he knew she was positive, see mind and him dey lash raw. though him dey pressure the girl to dey take her HIV drugs steady

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by sylve11: 11:40pm On Oct 31, 2020
obobs.......... shocked cool
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Lightangel65: 11:40pm On Oct 31, 2020
bennyflipy:

Where all these girls dey come from self, abeg guys no let konji ruin your lives
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by CAPSLOCKED: 11:40pm On Oct 31, 2020
Lightangel65:

You can post her pic here too so we able guys would know to avoid her if we jam her
grin
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by Lightangel65: 11:41pm On Oct 31, 2020
frog12:
are you serious??
all dis girls have HIV aids? so we no fit marry any GOOD GIRL again?

wetin be dis?

HIV test is now a compulsory requirement before dating or marriage

1 Like

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by gr8cany: 11:41pm On Oct 31, 2020
zigleary:

No side effects for Pep, it's viral test they do now not cd4 count again.
Pep is different from prep oga
Stop taking prep and nyashing all around with galadima feel of I'm protected.
It will surprise you o
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by frog12: 11:41pm On Oct 31, 2020
which part of naija be dis?
so HIV dey grow silently amongs girl population

bennyflipy:

2 Likes

Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by fof1: 11:42pm On Oct 31, 2020
Temmylee01:
shoooooooooooooooooooots uptill date i never do test but all my gal I dey force dem do and it has always been negative. dammmnnn

Fear and Lack of Self Confidence. You hv strong Phobia. Go for ur Conf.test my Dr.
Re: I Finally Took The Hiv Test And The Result Is.... by bbscott: 11:42pm On Oct 31, 2020
Take the test again after some times embarassed

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Her Stretch Marks Are Getting Black... Advice Needed Please. / Enlarge your BREAST,HIP,BUTT and VIRGINA TIGHTENING ETC / Python Bites Thai Teenager On His Penis While Sitting On Toilet (Pix, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.