Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,550 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:13 PM

Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest (3110 Views)

Edo, Ondo Polls: INEC To Publicly Display Candidates’ Academic Certificates / Palmatah Mutah, Chibok Girl Graduates In America - Pictures / Policeman Trying To Fire Teargas At Melaye, Saraki, Ben Bruce During Protest (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by olayiwola4u(m): 4:36pm On Oct 20, 2020
I thought I had seen enough until I saw degree certificates being put together like useless papers waiting to be used by pop corn hawkers.

Joblessness is really hitting this country hard. Unemployment, I repeat, unemployment fuelled this ongoing protest more than the agitation for the end of SARS.

God help Nigeria.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by Nobody: 6:08pm On Oct 20, 2020
Nonsense.. Their mates are creating jobs, but they are waiting for the government to spoon-speed them.

President Buhari has made farming lucrative.. They should go and farm. Our economy needs to diversify from oil..

And no one should mention any Fulani nonsense here, as that's the cheap excuse some of our hardworking youth give to abscond from the farm. The agricultural products wey una dey purchase, na people like una farm am.. If them reason like una, we for starve..

So make una come join us for farm. Plenty work dey for una plus it's lucrative. We must diversify our economy together.

#BlueCollarJobisTheAnswer

Nigeria must better.
Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by Pierced(f): 6:10pm On Oct 20, 2020
I fear for what is about to happen...... people are openly defieing the curfew.

Lekki toll is over filled.....Alausa is filled..... there's no movement in Berger.

Lagos people are now protesting with tree branches and matchets......no more placard.

Benin boys are now protesting with matchets and guns.

It's already a revolution in Lagos and Benin.

10 Likes

Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by dokie: 6:36pm On Oct 20, 2020
SilverNorGold:
Nonsense.. Their mates are creating jobs, but they are waiting for the government to spoon-speed them.

President Buhari has made farming lucrative.. They should go and farm. Our economy needs to diversify from oil..

And no one should mention any Fulani nonsense here, as that's the cheap excuse some of our hardworking youth give. The agricultural products wey una dey purchase, na people like una farm am.. If them reason like una, we for starve..

So make una come join us for farm. Plenty work dey for una plus it's lucrative. We must diversify our economy together.

Nigeria must better.

Why you dey talk like this?

If everybody creates a job who will you employ to help you in your own company?

Everyone is wired differently. Some will be entrepreneurs while others will be employed till they retire to their pensions.

A functional society is supposed to make provisions of everyone.

15 Likes

Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by SalamRushdie: 6:38pm On Oct 20, 2020
The negotiation at this point should be with Buhari

1 Like

Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by Nobody: 6:41pm On Oct 20, 2020
SilverNorGold:

And no one should mention any Fulani nonsense here, as that's the cheap excuse some of our hardworking youth give to abscond from the farm. The agricultural products wey una dey purchase, na people like una farm am.. If them reason like una, we for starve..

Nigeria must better.
Which farming did buhari make lucrative ? Have u farmed before ?

11 Likes

Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by Nobody: 6:42pm On Oct 20, 2020
dokie:

Why you dey talk like this?

If everybody creates a job who will you employ to help you in your own company?

Everyone is wired differently. Some will be entrepreneurs while others will be employed till they retire to their pensions.

A functional society is supposed to make provisions of everyone.

My brother, you don't get the point.. No white collar job, and so? Why not get a blue collar job, like farming, which is currently lucrative? Where's the creativity?

If no one employs you, why not, at least, employ yourself?

My brother, this life is survival of the fittest. If they can't think creatively, to at least, put food on their table, then na gbege for them..

Anyway, Nigeria go better.
Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by Nobody: 6:43pm On Oct 20, 2020
Igbochief001:

Which farming did buhari make lucrative ? Have u farmed before ?

My brother, if you read my post, you will know I farm..
Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by Nobody: 6:47pm On Oct 20, 2020
SilverNorGold:

My brother, if you read my post, you will know I farm..
Oga answer the dam question which farming is profitable is it rice? That we yeild 2 tons If those evil birds dont finish your rice while thailand yeild 10 ?

Is it corn we struggle to hit 2 tons per hectare while America hits 12 ?

Tell me which farming did he make profitable

Is it animal farming that cost of corn is at all time high ?

I have lost millions in farming at my age 20s and you are here talking about farming is profitable

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by blacknp(m): 6:52pm On Oct 20, 2020
SilverNorGold:

Nigeria must better.
Same way I asked Jack Dorsey of Twitter, & Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook to produce college degree? They no fit, so why is someone telling me they are brandishing diploma certificates around, waiting for the Federal Government to give me a job?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by Nobody: 6:53pm On Oct 20, 2020
SilverNorGold:

Nigeria must better.
So they'll just pick funds from the gutter and open farm or create businesses??

Even if they succeed in starting one, will the harsh economic reality allow them to sustain it??
Just today I heard on radio that about 50% businesses in Nigeria couldn't mark their 5th anniversary. That to tell you even if they do their part other issue will still frustrate their efforts

7 Likes

Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by blacknp(m): 6:57pm On Oct 20, 2020
Igbochief001:

Oga answer the dam question which farming is profitable is it rice? That we yeild 2 tons If those evil birds dont finish your rice while thailand yeild 10 ?

I have lost millions in farming at my age 20s and you are here talking about farming is profitable
Lazy youths they have millions protesting, & only a handful farming, who do they think will go to the farm for them, so they can eat cheap agricultural products? They should be waiting for Buhari, yet they claim they are the youths?, Useless confused Almijiris.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by vhykeeytor(m): 6:57pm On Oct 20, 2020
SilverNorGold:

Nigeria must better.

You are a bastard for saying farming is lucrative...when fulani herdsmen have laid ambush on our farm roads to kill people. Farming is lucrative and yet the cost of food is skyrocketing even in the north. A bag of beans is now been sold for 38,000 naira and a crate of egg is 1500. May God almighty ruin your life the way Buhari is ruining this country. If you no say Amen. You will die.

5 Likes

Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by blacknp(m): 7:02pm On Oct 20, 2020
vhykeeytor:

You are a bastard for saying farming is lucrative...when fulani herdsmen have laid ambush on our farm roads to kill people. Farming is lucrative and yet the cost of food is skyrocketing even in the north. A bag of beans is now been sold for 38,000 naira and a crate of egg is 1500. May God almighty ruin your life the way Buhari is ruining this country. If you no say Amen. You will die.
Are you a farmer in Abuja? If not what happened to the Governor of your state where the land is located, he is the one that has power over the land pursuant to the Lands Use Act 1978 & The Constitution 1999 as Amended? You are blaming the wrong person, your grouse should be against the Governor, & Local Government, you have to read ordinances well, or you would just be chasing shadows
Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by Nobody: 7:02pm On Oct 20, 2020
Igbochief001:

My brother, people are making millions from farming, you are there publishing fake stories.

Nigeria produces 8 million tons of rice annually, except this year, due to Covid-19 and the flood that destroyed 2 million tons of rice in Northern Nigeria.

The Central Bank of Nigeria even set up $130m initiative, offering farmers having, at least, a hectare of land, loans at a 9% interest rate, which is below the benchmark interest rate of 14%... This has also helped a lot.

Last year, the US Department of Agriculture, World Markets and Trade testified that Nigeria was producing over million tons of rice, which is a great start.

So many farmers have testified, both to local and international outlets, like BBC, that their fortunes have improved tremendously.

I farm, and I can bear witness.

Same with all agricultural products.

Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 20, 2020
blacknp:
Same way I asked Mark Dorsey of Twitter, & Mark Zuckerberg of Facebook to produce college degree? They no fit, so why is someone telling me they are brandishing diploma certificates around, waiting for the Federal Government to give me a job?

My brother, I wonder o.. Don't mind the hardworking youth, waiting for government to spoon-feed them..

Their mates are thinking out creative ways to improve Nigeria, they are busy on the streets, constituting a public nuisance.

Nigeria must better.
Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by Nobody: 7:06pm On Oct 20, 2020
vhykeeytor:

My brother, I forgive you for the insult.

Stay blessed.
Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by History555: 7:09pm On Oct 20, 2020
SilverNorGold:

Nigeria must better.

Nice one. Pls show us you on your farm so that we are sure you are not a 30k bmc

1 Like

Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by Nobody: 7:14pm On Oct 20, 2020
SilverNorGold:

My brother, people are making millions from farming, you are there publishing fake stories.

Nigeria produces 8 million tons of rice annually, except this year, due to Covid-19 and the flood that destroyed 2 million tons of rice in Northern Nigeria.

The Central Bank of Nigeria even set up $130m initiative, offering farmers having, at least, a hectare of land, loans at a 9% interest rate, which is below the benchmark interest rate of 14%... This has also helped a lot.

Last year, the US Department of Agriculture, World Markets and Trade testified that Nigeria was producing over million tons of rice, which is a great start.

So many farmers have testified, both to local and international outlets, like BBC, that their fortunes have improved tremendously.

I farm, and I can bear witness.

Same with all agricultural products.
How much to farm one hectare of rice ...how many tons do u gain ..what's the sale price
..Bros stop saying what u don't know
Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by vhykeeytor(m): 7:15pm On Oct 20, 2020
blacknp:
Are you a farmer in Abuja? If not what happened to the Governor of your state where the land is located, he is the one that has power over the land pursuant to the Lands Use Act 1978 & The Constitution 1999 as Amended? You are blaming the wrong person, your grouse should be against the Governor, & Local Government, you have to read ordinances well, or you would just be chasing shadows

blaming the wrong person...who is the head of all security agencies in Nigeria. Why can't people go to far in peace to make food available and cheaper. I believe you are quoting the wrong person.
Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by jesmond3945: 7:16pm On Oct 20, 2020
SilverNorGold:

Nigeria must better.
please with all the farming why are the prices of food items expensive and beyond the reach of the common man?
Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by vhykeeytor(m): 7:18pm On Oct 20, 2020
SilverNorGold:

My brother, I forgive you for the insult.

Stay blessed.

I am not and will never be your brother...cos you are insensitive to the plight and suffering of the common man. If I am your brother, my pain would be your pain. Why can't the government create jobs for Nigerian youths...and yet Buhari gave his daughter a chair in NNPC board. Are we not equal stakeholder in Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by Nobody: 7:19pm On Oct 20, 2020
Igbochief001:

How much to farm one hectare of rice ...how many tons do u gain ..what's the sale price
..Bros stop saying what u don't know

My brother, I have told you rice is lucrative, with proof. So whether you believe or not is your headache.

If farming is a no no for you, go and learn web development and design. It's another lucrative business. You can also learn blockchain development.

There are millions of things you can do.

God bless Nigeria.
Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 20, 2020
vhykeeytor:

I am not and will never be your brother...cos you are insensitive to the plight and suffering of the common man. If I am your brother, my pain would be your pain. Why can't the government create jobs for Nigerian youths...and yet Buhari gave his daughter a chair in NNPC board. Are we not equal stakeholder in Nigeria.

My brother, you are still my brother, no matter what.

God bless you. cheesy
Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by History555: 7:21pm On Oct 20, 2020
SilverNorGold:

My brother, I have told you rice is lucrative, with proof. So whether you believe or not is your headache.

If farming is a no no for you, go and learn web development and design. It's another lucrative business. You can also learn blockchain development.

God bless Nigeria.

Answer him since you claim to be a farmer or it seems you are a media cow
Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by Nobody: 7:23pm On Oct 20, 2020
jesmond3945:
please with all the farming why are the prices of food items expensive and beyond the reach of the common man?

My brother, demand is far more than supply. Come and join us.
Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by MrALIVE: 7:25pm On Oct 20, 2020
SilverNorGold:

Nigeria must better.
I just read what you wrote and arrived at one conclusion which is that you were probably born with a silver spoon...You know nothing about the challenges faced by entrepreneurs in Nigeria..what has the government done to even make businesses to thrive??

You talk as if you just fell from the moon...in saner climes,government provide basic amenities,and make favourable economic policies that will make small businesses to grow.....has buhari done any of This??
Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by jesmond3945: 7:26pm On Oct 20, 2020
SilverNorGold:

My brother, demand is far more than supply. Come and join us.
then meet the demand, you don't need me to join you. There are other areas of the economy I am of use to you.
Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by Nobody: 7:32pm On Oct 20, 2020
History555:

Answer him since you claim to be a farmer or it seems you are a media cow

My brother, I have already told him I make money from farming. If you don't believe, that's your business.

Anyway, you can start small.

Nigeria must better.
Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by Nobody: 7:33pm On Oct 20, 2020
jesmond3945:
then meet the demand, you don't need me to join you. There are other areas of the economy I am of use to you.

My brother, we need more hands to meet all the demands..

Join us..

God bless Nigeria. cheesy
Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 20, 2020
SilverNorGold:

God bless Nigeria.
Which prof did u bring newspaper ? ... business is numbers shoe me the numbers let's see if it's adds up

U spend 300k to farm one hactares of rice and sales it at 330k ..that's if no bird attack your farm ..but 60% of the time birds attack ...what do u know about rice farming

Have u farmed rice before ? I have and lost millions so shut up

U are using 1800 seeds and expect it to be profitable ..smh
Re: Graduates In Isolo Publicly Display Their Certificates During Protest by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 20, 2020
MrALIVE:
I just read what you wrote and arrived at one conclusion which is that you were probably born with a silver spoon...You know nothing about the challenges faced by entrepreneurs in Nigeria..what has the government done to even make businesses to thrive??

You talk as if you just fell from the moon...in saner climes,government provide basic amenities,and make favourable economic policies that will make small businesses to grow.....has buhari done any of This??

My brother, I was born without a spoon. I make my money through entrepreneurship, check my signature for a sample.

I am not depending on the government, and you shouldn't.

God bless Nigeria.

(1) (2) (Reply)

BREAKING!!! Residents On The Run As Boko Haram Terrorists Overrun RANN / We Have Not Issued Any Programme Of Events - Enugu Inauguration Committee / Rare Picture Of David And Goliath.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.