Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,800 members, 7,817,312 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:00 AM

Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate (61011 Views)

Our Officers, Not Involved In The Shooting At A Lagos Filling Station - DSS / Sanwo-olu Visits Scene Of Abule Ado Explosions, Orders Investigation / Lagos Government Orders Traders, Drivers Out Of Marina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by legba1(m): 2:17am On Oct 21, 2020
azmanaty2:

Snakes. That's how u folks behave.. after murdering people, ur idiot governor is coming to claim ignorance and sympathise with you. Typical trait of a yoruba man

I know where your type is from.... We will push o ly oduduwa agenda and Wil neva be stampeded into helping you actualize your cause... Iam done talking to u
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by capitalzero: 2:20am On Oct 21, 2020
Mycoin:
While you block the road and threaten to end the Nation, and now hackers abroad have supported you by hacking official government accounts, please note that as you, without a leader, bring down the Government, there is a very organized and tireless Boko Haram waiting to take over as much as they can.

We have been fighting them as a Nation for 11 years and Buhari has not been President all through this time.

Also remember that the Niger Delta militants that have gone into the Amnesty programme or are in hiding can also easily come out to take over Oil facilities as you "End Nigeria" without a leadership.

Am I saying you should stop protesting? No oh, Yoruba people say you can only wake someone that is asleep up, not someone that is pretending to be sleeping. I know your protest is not done with sincerity so why will I appeal to you to stop it? As long as they are still playing music, as long as there are still girls to exchange number with, as long as you can snap yourself and post on social, as long as you can use it to show off, and as long as you do not have enough sense and sincerity to know that problems are solved painstakingly not with quick fix, I really don't think anything outside these can stop you.

I am just documenting this your "struggle" so that when we all begin to suffer the real suffering we will be able to remember how it started. So that you don't change the story.

For documentation purpose here are SOME of the things the government has done yet you insist on shutting down the country,

1. Ban SARS patrol

2. Supported the protest as the right of the protesters

3. Arrested some of the Police men who harrass protesters.

4. Set up a Presidential Panel that has now indicted tens of SARS operatives and recommended others for dismissal.

5. Ban SARS.

6. Set up a replacement for SARS and invited celebrities to their training to ensure everything is done well.

7. Promised that no SARS operative will be among the new team.

8. Began the process of putting SARS operatives through medical test.

9. Met with stakeholders and civil society on how they can monitor all the promises being made.

10. Released arrested protesters with warning to Policemen to allow protesters protest.

11. The President gave a National address, the IGP gave a live press conference and have aired several meetings with leaders of the youths.

12. Setting up of Judicial Panel of Inquiry in all 36 States with PUBLIC HEARINGS!

13. Each State has been ordered to set up a Victim Support Fund to be funded by the Federal Government to compensate families of victims.

And this list is by no means exhaustive. But nothing will take you off the streets if there is music, beer and women.

And that means they should shoot at unarmed young people at night? That is senseless killing
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by omoharry(f): 2:23am On Oct 21, 2020
Mycoin:
While you block the road and threaten to end the Nation, and now hackers abroad have supported you by hacking official government accounts, please note that as you, without a leader, bring down the Government, there is a very organized and tireless Boko Haram waiting to take over as much as they can.

We have been fighting them as a Nation for 11 years and Buhari has not been President all through this time.

Also remember that the Niger Delta militants that have gone into the Amnesty programme or are in hiding can also easily come out to take over Oil facilities as you "End Nigeria" without a leadership.

Am I saying you should stop protesting? No oh, Yoruba people say you can only wake someone that is asleep up, not someone that is pretending to be sleeping. I know your protest is not done with sincerity so why will I appeal to you to stop it? As long as they are still playing music, as long as there are still girls to exchange number with, as long as you can snap yourself and post on social, as long as you can use it to show off, and as long as you do not have enough sense and sincerity to know that problems are solved painstakingly not with quick fix, I really don't think anything outside these can stop you.

I am just documenting this your "struggle" so that when we all begin to suffer the real suffering we will be able to remember how it started. So that you don't change the story.

For documentation purpose here are SOME of the things the government has done yet you insist on shutting down the country,

1. Ban SARS patrol

2. Supported the protest as the right of the protesters

3. Arrested some of the Police men who harrass protesters.

4. Set up a Presidential Panel that has now indicted tens of SARS operatives and recommended others for dismissal.

5. Ban SARS.

6. Set up a replacement for SARS and invited celebrities to their training to ensure everything is done well.

7. Promised that no SARS operative will be among the new team.

8. Began the process of putting SARS operatives through medical test.

9. Met with stakeholders and civil society on how they can monitor all the promises being made.

10. Released arrested protesters with warning to Policemen to allow protesters protest.

11. The President gave a National address, the IGP gave a live press conference and have aired several meetings with leaders of the youths.

12. Setting up of Judicial Panel of Inquiry in all 36 States with PUBLIC HEARINGS!

13. Each State has been ordered to set up a Victim Support Fund to be funded by the Federal Government to compensate families of victims.

And this list is by no means exhaustive. But nothing will take you off the streets if there is music, beer and women.
You are a cow..Did you hear me. That is what you are ..

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 2:25am On Oct 21, 2020
alsudan:
The Lagos State Government feigning ignorance and pushing it back to the FG is just so Nigerian.

The ICC must immediately place a bounty on Buhari the war criminal.
Lol...Bounty my foot
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by ikorodureporta: 2:29am On Oct 21, 2020
clown
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by BeLookingIDIOT(m): 2:29am On Oct 21, 2020
plessis:
My Yoruba brothers and my fellow southern brothers.

Can we now see what the Igbos warned about the fulanis?

There is a reason they were chased out of Algeria and central African republic by the indigenous people.

Time to come together.

Time to break Nigeria.

No going back.
The commander of the army unit that shot at protesters was your Southern brother,but of course you useless ipob will still use this to promote your tribal hatred.
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by plessis: 2:35am On Oct 21, 2020
[s]
BeLookingIDIOT:

The commander of the army unit that shot at protesters was your Southern brother,but of course you useless ipob will still use this to promote your tribal hatred.
[/s]
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by Brushless: 2:42am On Oct 21, 2020
Maxymilliano:

https://twitter.com/followlasg/status/1318654644218961920?s=19
Sanwoolu is dim-witted, or he pretend to be. The government that assemble the CCTV also removed it and also switch off the light, just before or for the massacre and now you are probing the same massacre.
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by Nobody: 3:23am On Oct 21, 2020
plessis:

You are a supporter of this satanic administration.

God will give you your reward even if its in the next life.

Leave that demon
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by Folzye(m): 3:34am On Oct 21, 2020
People are being killed because they asked for things to become better, Terrorists are treated with honour and dignity..... No More to be said, indeed #There was a country.
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by tegrianonigltd(m): 3:57am On Oct 21, 2020
sodiqapril:
There's no where in the world where switching off the camera precedes a good deed..you brought technicians to uninstall CCTV.. switched off the lights, brought in sophisticated military vehicles into the state all within 24 hours, killed people and tried to go with their corpses ., As if that wasn't enough you blocked ambulance from getting to the scene...all because we're asking for our right to live freely in our country... I know sanwoolu is to be blamed but the grand commander of the army is buhari.. ladies and gentlemen, good people of Nigeria buhari just unlocked a new level of cold-heartedness...dead rat griller , if you play any politics card with the blood of innocent people evil will follow you all through your life

And his generations to come
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by Nobody: 4:04am On Oct 21, 2020
sodiqapril:
There's no where in the world where switching off the camera precedes a good deed..you brought technicians to uninstall CCTV.. switched off the lights, brought in sophisticated military vehicles into the state all within 24 hours, killed people and tried to go with their corpses ., As if that wasn't enough you blocked ambulance from getting to the scene...all because we're asking for our right to live freely in our country... I know sanwoolu is to be blamed but the grand commander of the army is buhari.. ladies and gentlemen, good people of Nigeria buhari just unlocked a new level of cold-heartedness...dead rat griller , if you play any politics card with the blood of innocent people evil will follow you all through your life

What happened is already in him.

He said, " Dogs and Baboons will soak in blood "..

" Nigerian youths are lazy. "

Nigerian youths who excel as the best in academics and career when they are outside Nigeria.

The bunch of destiny killers walking around in Nigeria's corridor of power, their end is in sight.
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by streetfabulous: 4:11am On Oct 21, 2020
SmartMugu:

Will you just shut the f..k up? Who the f..k are you? Who is paying you for this thrash? What are you even talking about? The president that refused to address his nation before the protest got this big, now ure telling him to address them now after they have massacred innocent protesters? What do you want him to say? It was a mistake?

Was he not at one point a protester too? Did he get killed. Put yourself in other people's shoes, if your son or daughter was among those that just got massacred tonight, is your next line of action going to be for them to address the nation? For them to order investigations that will take over 10 years to complete? The president and vice president kids
are safe in aso rock,, protected by the same unknown soldiers that killed other people's children in Lekki tonight.

If those bullets killed the president and vice presidents kids, do you think they will want to wait for one stupid investigation from a mule they collectively orchestrated to get in office? Do you think the president will wait to address the nation before he bursts into tears over his dead kids? Every human feel pains, if he can't take the pains other parents absorb, then he shouldn't cause them more pain. No life is more equal than the other. What investigation is needed? Everything is on social media. Who doesn't know delay tactics?

People were complaining about the random killings by the SARS arm of the police and they sent the army to kill some more. Dont you see its their evil agenda unfolding? They already moved all the Power bases to the north. The rest of the country can now only fight back with stones and clubs, the sophisticated weapons are in their hands already, and your entire family isn't worth more than a cow to them. Wake up, fool!

I knew Sanwo-Olu was an asslicker all along. He licked Tinubus ass to get in power, in return, Tinubu licked Buhari's ass to stay relevant and position himself for the next election, and now Sanwo'Olu is busy licking two asses - Buhari and Tinubu's asses must taste good to him for him to stay in power. No wonder his mouth looks somehow. And yall still blame Abode for refusing to lick Tinubu's ass? If he did like Sanwo did, then he had to be professional asslicker.

Sanwo's name is ruined in the eyes of Lagosians from what just happened tonight, and nobody will listen to that fool anymore because he's been bought just like his godfather, Tinubu.

Pls dont come here with those nonsense grandfathers say. You should be wiser now and even know you might be their next body count. They can't face hard targets like boko-haram, the soft targets they prefer are the peaceful Lagosians that were only expressing their constitutional rights. Is that too difficult for even a fool to know the real agenda?

Its history repeating itself again, this time its Tinubu and the pawn, Sanwo putting Lagos in this shape because of their selfish agendas.
Relax young man before you loose guard and lose your mind .You seem to have a bitter and frustrated heart but I am sorry I can't help you with that.You can't tell anyone to shut up. You are also a potential tyrant/dictator when you want everyone else to shut up because you don't agree with them. You are also a clear reflection of the kind of leadership we are suffering from today with leaders who think everyone else including yourself is talking trash. Infact, what exactly is your point? You have not proffered any solution to the current crises. What exactly are your expectations ? You talked about their agenda/plan but show some intelligence and tell us what you want or how we can make progress. You can just express yourself or even disagree without insulting Yourself. cheesy I don't resent you my friend and of course you are entitled to your opinion as a Nigerian just as well as I am also, but we need more solutions than complains right now. God bless you.
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by streetfabulous: 5:06am On Oct 21, 2020
Roozzaay:

How much were you paid to be doing all these? Or you are just heartless?
Paid?? You folks are very strange cheesy cheesy When you always think only in terms of money you will always misinterpret people and will never have a balanced opinion . What you just read is the opinion of a Nigerian like you trying to suggest a way forward. I don't claim that my suggestion is the best but I also have a responsibility to at least offer one. So, what do you want ? What is your own suggestion on the way forward ? Do you want us to protest forever with no strategy to actualize what we set out to achieve ? The current protest started spontaneously without coordination because everyone was fed up. People on their own marched out without enticement to demand reforms. So we have started well but It is time to evolve into an organized movement. We are still divided even as protesters with all manner of demands including very ridiculous ones. It is time to coordinate into an effective movement so as to achieve what we set out for in the first place else we might lose focus and govt will easily dismantle the whole thing . We have started well and we must finish well so that the time spent and lives lost will not be in vain. Give your own opinion with reasons on the way forward.
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by Skmoda360(m): 5:26am On Oct 21, 2020
streetfabulous:
--Mr President should please address the nation as a matter of urgency.
--State Govs and state commissioners of police should go to the different protest sites in their states, address the protesters, negotiate a date and venue for a town hall meeting, urge protesters to organize themselves and appoint spokesmen/women as well as document all their demands.
--Our dear protesters, please it is time to get organised. If we ask questions then we must allow the govt to answer.The goal is not to protest and fight forever.Infact it may be more effective to step back, assess the impact so far and restrategize for a more effective protest.
--Please organize this movement, get spokesmen/women, make it easy for our leaders to come out and negotiate by fixing a date and venue for town hall meetings, let's discuss and document all demands and prepare to talk. By organising the movement, we can avoid hijacking and infiltration by thugs.
--In the town hall meeting, the spokespersons will articulate the demands, the govt will consider them and highlight what is possible and where they may have challenges. The goal is to reach a consensus between the govt and protesters. Finally a working document should be drafted with appropriate timelines.
--The state governors should then have a meeting with the Federal government, harmonize the demands from the various state town hall meetings and put modalities in motion for TRANSPARENT implementation.
--If possible,the youths can even adopt a vision that will leverage on the current solidarity to forge a massive political alliance in form of a party that will decide who will lead this nation in future. But, to achieve this we must organize ourselves at a national level and come together.
Which president? Is it the dead one or what.....you better don't vex people with your pointless statement mcheeeew...can they listen?
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by neyorlmogzy(m): 5:48am On Oct 21, 2020
Abeyjide:
wickedness
may God punish him and those that are waiting for him to address...as a matter of fact, make he just dey hide, cos we dey find am
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by sylve11: 5:54am On Oct 21, 2020
sodiqapril:

correct! cool
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by TheRareGem1(f): 6:09am On Oct 21, 2020
Let's not forget that Guy, Osinbajo na VP, VP no control para or military, they only take orders from President or Chief of staff .... VP can't not even hire or fire employees. Osinbajo acted as president was why we demand so much from him ...

We need constitutional review
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by Emmasnoop(m): 6:10am On Oct 21, 2020
Ogun killed you and your family.
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by QuotaSystem: 6:14am On Oct 21, 2020
tonididdy:
I'm speechless

But let it be know, these Armies deployed to kill in the South and West will never do this to their northern brothers

Was it Chinese soldiers that attacked the Shiites in Zaria when they also decided to block roads and confront the Army?

Some of you just open your mouths to release premium ignorance.
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by Kirigidi(m): 6:31am On Oct 21, 2020
plessis:
My Yoruba brothers and my fellow southern brothers.

Can we now see what the Igbos warned about the fulanis?

There is a reason they were chased out of Algeria and central African republic by the indigenous people.

Time to come together.

Time to break Nigeria.

No going back.
There is a reason why Buhari is flooding the security forces with massive recruitment of Northern Muslims. The purpose is to dominate and suppress any southern agitation. Will you tell me those soldiers sent to Lekki consist of Southerners or Christians? I doubt! But one thing the Hausa/Fulani jihadists/Islamists failed to realize is that if their satanic agenda continue, and Southerners and Christians are pushed to pick up arms, that will mark the irreversible end/disintegration of Nigeria.
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by chatinent: 6:44am On Oct 21, 2020
Man's government has failed.

That man must be lynched.
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by Yeyenairaland(m): 6:49am On Oct 21, 2020
You say investigation?

Sanwolu I have nothing much to say to you because a SLAVE have nothing on the MASTER.

What exactly are you investigating when the whole world saw when your slave master came and removed every CCTV and off the lights in lekki toll gate and send his killers on peaceful protestors.

TINUBU is more worried that his source of income is being affected and that's why he's taken any measure to reclaim it.

One single man will pocket the whole income of a state but the SLAVES in the WASTE will always come here to claim Lagos State while the owner is taking everything that's due him and none of the SLAVES can dare question him.

I weep!
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by ejimatic: 7:00am On Oct 21, 2020
Maxymilliano:

. Nigeria is bleeding now with the blood of innocent souls Sanwoolu, PMB and Chief of Army Staff shed last night .Instead of giving protection to the protesters by deploying security officers to Leki for their safety you all brought soldiers to the place .They switched off the light and CCTV and started killing our youths.All the actors in the killing will shed tears in their lives.All their children will die before them one by one.Their generation will perish untimely. As Abacha died suddenly that will be their lot in life..May the blood of innocent souls torment them forever.. Nigeria is bleeding with Lagos massacre.

1 Like

Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by Clothingonline9(m): 7:13am On Oct 21, 2020
To my own best understanding and knowledge Sanwo-Olu hv no choice Dan to follow orders from above he knew d operation will be carry out at toll gate tonight dats y he quickly impose curfew so ppl can go home to help prevent dat but his d Governor of d state his d one ppl will blame not withstanding his still a monster but d Main blood suckers and Monster are not in power Dy are just giving ppl orders dat in power...
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by AuwalYusuf812(m): 7:18am On Oct 21, 2020
Investigation ke, okay I rest my comment
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by gbemishile: 7:22am On Oct 21, 2020
So u guys think the governor and thebpresident never spoke behind closed doors.
Please who is still following the governor on Twitter?
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by omotomki: 7:23am On Oct 21, 2020
Sensible advice,the truth is that some protesters don't want solutions to the problem.i advice Mr president to a dress the nation, call on the international body to assure the youth of a solution.the police should hold on with ,stop the formation of swat until the ground is clear and there is reform in the police .the youth should be allowed to protest and also the protesters should allow people to go about their duty peacefully.there should be room for negotiations, people should bring solutions and not things that will destroy the country

streetfabulous:
--Mr President should please address the nation as a matter of urgency.

--State Govs and state commissioners of police should go to the different protest sites in their states, address the protesters, negotiate a date and venue for a town hall meeting, urge protesters to organize themselves and appoint spokesmen/women as well as document all their demands.
--Our dear protesters, please it is time to get organised. If we ask questions then we must allow the govt to answer.The goal is not to protest and fight forever.Infact it may be more effective to step back, assess the impact so far and restrategize for a more effective protest.
--Please organize this movement, get spokesmen/women, make it easy for our leaders to come out and negotiate by fixing a date and venue for town hall meetings, let's discuss and document all demands and prepare to talk. By organising the movement, we can avoid hijacking and infiltration by thugs.
--In the town hall meeting, the spokespersons will articulate the demands, the govt will consider them and highlight what is possible and where they may have challenges. The goal is to reach a consensus between the govt and protesters. Finally a working document should be drafted with appropriate timelines.
--The state governors should then have a meeting with the Federal government, harmonize the demands from the various state town hall meetings and put modalities in motion for TRANSPARENT implementation.
--If possible,the youths can even adopt a vision that will leverage on the current solidarity to forge a massive political alliance in form of a party that will decide who will lead this nation in future. But, to achieve this we must organize ourselves at a national level and come together.
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by FrozenDisalnd: 7:26am On Oct 21, 2020
Maxymilliano:

What kind of rubbish investigation.. stupid Gov't acting like if you don't know.. this is your hand work las las Kamar go catch all of whonna
Re: Lagos Government Orders Investigation Into The Shooting At Lekki Toll Gate by Niceman12(m): 7:53am On Oct 21, 2020
tonididdy:
I'm speechless

But let it be know, these Armies deployed to kill in the South and West will never do this to their northern brothers

Is this one hausa or fulani?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

El-Rufai Visits Man Attacked In Kaduna By Muslim Youths For Not Fasting / Atiku Dasuki's House Sealed By The EFCC - Pictured / Female Soldier, Blessing Ene, Dies (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.