Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,767 members, 7,817,115 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:18 AM

Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters (85908 Views)

Obi And Tinubu Supporters Plan Rival Rallies At Lekki Tollgate On October 1st / Minutes Before The Lekki Tollgate Shooting On Tuesday / Security Agents Reportedly Lay Siege On Saraki, Ekweremadu’s Residences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by Nobody: 12:12am On Oct 21, 2020
Basher8583:

Look deep within yourself and ask if you are a good leader yourself.

And old course mate of mine and the faculties students Union leader stole the faculties students association fees to abscond to UK. Now he is also screaming bad leadership. Imagine.

Anyway there's nothing wrong with the leadership. Its all about us the followers.

Why do we conform in other developed countries but behave lawless in our own country?
Lets blame ourselves.

You are a fool...Which right thinking Country Shoots n kills it's citizens for defying a Curfew!!

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by Beautyaddy: 12:13am On Oct 21, 2020
[quote author=Pharmmaqp post=95145904]See someone that sent Goodluck Jonathan to restore peace at Mali cry[/quo

Lol!...Are you minding the Heartless Blood sucking Buhari? angry
Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by shogsman(m): 12:14am On Oct 21, 2020
Buhari and his cohorts will never know peace,I've been trying to reach a friend that was in Lekki toll gate now, his number isn't going
Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by Rebuke: 12:14am On Oct 21, 2020
Incognito403:

If dem born you well, go Lekki toll gate.

Your body go hear am. Deaf and dumb pikin.

Do yhu know where I am now? Don't worry, yhu will regret supporting evil.
Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by HBB1(m): 12:16am On Oct 21, 2020
phineas:

Protests will not achieve institutional change.

Protests can be part of the steps but only to raise awareness after which the real work must start.

Get off the streets and make sure the real work starts.Get Lagos to pass laws and draft guidelines against police brutality.

Will they stay on the streets till that happens.Will we go on the streets for every systemic change we want?

It's time for step 2.engage the Senate,engage HOR.draft laws.ensure guidelines are drafted

Don't burn the city,don't cause anarchy.thats no longer peaceful protests.Thats not right

And PS for you personally, work on your manners.Thats the place for you to start

Alaye, Park well!

Go and engage the Senate and draft laws!

You have NO understanding of how life works.

I won't waste my energy on you!

Oshi!
Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by Incognito403: 12:17am On Oct 21, 2020
Rebuke:

Do yhu know where I am now? Don't worry, yhu will regret supporting evil.

You're already regretting supporting evil!!

angry
Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by jaxxy(m): 12:23am On Oct 21, 2020
hakeem4:
Anarchy you want and anarchy the youths shall give!

Why would armed soldiers be shooting in the street with live ammunition’s? What happened to rubber bullets ??

At least 90% of us witnessed the Hong Kong protest and we saw how peaceful it was.

Belarus is on day 72 protest. Ordinary 12 days protest. Buhari doesn’t want us to rest.

Modified, I’m not in support of totally blocking the roads. But why bring live ammunition’s to kill unarmed people why

Why can’t you flog them off the streets

They army has no business whatsoever with protesters talkless of peaceful and orderly protesters at lekki. My God. This people can not be forgiven. They must All PAY!!!!

3 Likes

Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by olmoRoc: 12:24am On Oct 21, 2020
hakeem4:

Why would armed soldiers be shooting in the street with live ammunition’s? What happened to rubber bullets ??

At least 90% of us witnessed the Hong Kong protest and we saw how peaceful it was.

Belarus is on day 72 protest. Ordinary 12 days protest. Buhari doesn’t want us to rest.

Modified, I’m not in support of totally blocking the roads. But why bring live ammunition’s to kill unarmed people why

But why flog them off the streets? You don't flog or shoot people for exercising their constitutional rights. Yes, the same way it's the people's constitutional duty to vote, it's also their duty to protests again bad governance.

The civil way will always come, no matter what anyone does. When the people are tired of the thieves who have been running the country and mortgaging their future and that of their generations to come, they'll take up civil disobedience. That's what blocking the streets is.

IBB tried the same tactics in the 80s, but in his case, he sent out riot policemen, not soldiers.

To all who voted for buhari in 2015 because that vulture who thinks he can become president in 2023 promoted him as an agent of change, shame on you. And to those who still voted for him again in 2019, you deserve whatever you get.
Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by isaiahethan: 12:27am On Oct 21, 2020
Maxymilliano:
Masterminded by Nigeria government to cover up the genocide they committed to her citizens. ...

#endbadgovernacenow

We move!

BREAKING: The @guardian, one of the largest media companies in UK has called on #EndSARS protesters to send them videos clips explaining the protest.

Send to them via WhatsApp on +447775118171.

Let's flood them clips. ✊�✊�
#EndSWAT #SideWithNigeria
#EndBadGovernanceinNIGERIA
Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by cronsberg: 12:36am On Oct 21, 2020
When the masses become afraid of government, you have tyranny. but when government becomes afraid of the masses, you have freedom. Thomas Jefferson

It is enshrined as a fundamental human right on every human, the right to revolt, and express dissatisfaction with the way he is ruled. Revolt, rebellion, revolution still remains a constitutional right in most democratic countries. The American constitution even allowed citizens to carry firearms to literally defend themselves
against government tyranny. It also encourages citizens to change government forcefully if necessary. that is how powerful normal citizens actually are in true democratic societies. I cannot elect you and you turn around and have more power and rights than me.
Also observe something. No single country on Earth has ever changed for the better without going through a revolution of some kind. From Russia to France to China to America etc this is our own time too

1 Like

Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by jelel6: 12:39am On Oct 21, 2020
hakeem4:

Look at the societies you made example of; Belarus, Hong Kong; they are all light years ahead of us. Do you sincerely in your heart, think ours here is anything similar to theirs with the turn of events recently?

Besides, they in Hong Kong never got their demands and I don't think the Chinese government will ever listen to them. Here, we had this very same Lagos state governor protesting with the youths and traveling to Abuja to table their demands to the President and FG.

The IGP did the unthinkable (officially) by disbanding the squad. For Fuckss sake, what's are people still doing on the streets?

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by omoharry(f): 12:40am On Oct 21, 2020
Offpoint1:

How long have you been an idiot? Kindly forward the answers to my mail.
That was well said. A very good answer for a fool & an idiot
Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by NumbEmotions(m): 12:41am On Oct 21, 2020
Hillarie:
No!!!!
This has really gotten out of hand. Shooting live ammunitions isn't the proper way to disperse protesters at all.
But there are two sides to a coin...

Fvck the other side
Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by BrightAmos33: 12:42am On Oct 21, 2020
Before this week runs out, everyone that is involved in this killings will have many reasons to shed tear over their loved ones..
HEBREWS 9:7 Everyone must die once, and after that be judged by God.
Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by hakeem4(m): 12:43am On Oct 21, 2020
jelel6:

Look at the societies you made example of; Belarus, Hong Kong; they are all light years ahead of us. Do you sincerely in your heart, think ours here is anything similar to theirs with the turn of events recently?

Besides, they in Hong Kong never got their demands and I don't think the Chinese government will ever listen to them. Here, we had this very same Lagos state governor protesting with the youths and traveling to Abuja to table their demands to the President and FG.

The IGP did the unthinkable (officially) by disbanding the squad. For Fuckss sake, what's are people still doing on the streets?
I was never in support of them locking the streets. But killing people is uncalled for now.
Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by Basher8583: 12:45am On Oct 21, 2020
DemonInvoker:

You are a fool...Which right thinking Country Shoots n kills it's citizens for defying a Curfew!!

You are a bigger f00l
Which right citizens free criminals from jail and burn down police stations
Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by Adakintroy: 12:47am On Oct 21, 2020
VaselineCrew:

Yes, you kinda are in support of the killings, if not, why are you writing these long justifications?

I guess you don't know of other ways to disperse a crowd.

You were the ones who killed those poor men with your stupidity. You could not state your agendas clear. From end sars to revolution. Nobody knew what you all were gunning for. You just led young men to their early graves with no clear intentions. Was it about ending sars?. Was it about a revolution. Which one?

Next time wait till election or protest peacefully or compell your representatives to impeach.either way follow laid down democratic institutionalize procese

Don't go and block public road and be costing the government millions and call it "peacefull" protest

You will be gunned down like game bulks and no one will feel sorry for you.

We get over things fast. No one will miss you.
Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by smalldoctor: 12:50am On Oct 21, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
Im in support of the protest but I blame the protesters for remaining at the toll gate even when a curfew was declared.

I had expected they will retreat and regroup at the expiration of the curfew.

Whatever happens to anyone, I have no pity for them.

Nonsense
yo must be mad, that give them the endiocity to open trigger on own citizen
Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by Daum: 12:52am On Oct 21, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
Im in support of the protest but I blame the protesters for remaining at the toll gate even when a curfew was declared.

I had expected they will retreat and regroup at the expiration of the curfew.

Whatever happens to anyone, I have no pity for them.

Nonsense

God punish you.
Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by jelel6: 1:00am On Oct 21, 2020
hakeem4:
I was never in support of them locking the streets. But killing people is uncalled for now.

I believe you and agree with you. That is where a sensible man applies reason and WISDOM. I'm saddened by the turn of events but I'm not surprised. It was always going to come to this as long as people remained on the streets. We have to admit to ourselves that we as a people don't know when to STOP.

The protests started peacefully and in my opinion, achieved it's initially objectives easily without much bickering from the government. It made no sense for people to demand for what is already theirs. It makes no sense now.
Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by placeofallure(f): 1:03am On Oct 21, 2020
fatymore:
All enablers of violence will never know peace.

This isn't funny..

Toll gates money more precious than lives.

Is that the only protest ground

Anybody justifying these killings shall not know peace

As I am crying now, with my heart completely shattered for Nigeria and her future, I join you to say a resounding Aaaaaaamen!

1 Like

Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by melzabull(f): 1:07am On Oct 21, 2020
hakeem4:

yoruba man, did you ask all these questions when same insentivity was meeted out on IPOB peaceful protesters? I bet my left nipple that you were one of those hailing the army each time they killed unarmed IPOB members

Good morning! Ututu oma! ekaro'o!
Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by melzabull(f): 1:09am On Oct 21, 2020
ajebuter:
This marks the beginning of the end of
political and economic dynasty for certain individuals..

And whatever scanty achievement attributed to Sanwoolu has been forever destroyed and obliterated with this act of genocide and crime against humanity..

History will forever speak ill of him, his administration and godfather (s)

Either way, it shall not end well..

Be safe everybody..
he is following the advice and instructions from his godfather, Tinubu
Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by hakeem4(m): 1:11am On Oct 21, 2020
melzabull:
yoruba man, did you ask all these questions when same insentivity was meeted out on IPOB peaceful protesters? I bet my left nipple that you were one of those hailing the army each time they killed unarmed IPOB members

Good morning! Ututu oma! ekaro'o!
I never supported killing of ipob or shiite. So just don’t jump into conclusions
Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by melzabull(f): 1:19am On Oct 21, 2020
hakeem4:
I never supported killing of ipob or shiite. So just don’t jump into conclusions
Ok if you say so, fine.

I only called you out cos i know yorubas are hypocrites and how a lot of your people jubilate each time the useless nigerian army unleashes terror on unarmed IPOB protesters in the East
Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by InvertedHammer: 1:20am On Oct 21, 2020
fatymore:
All enablers of violence will never know peace.

This isn't funny..

Toll gates money more precious than lives.

Is that the only protest ground?

Anybody justifying these killings shall not know peace
/
Remember that it was all fun and dandy when it happened to IPOB.

Many here supported the killing of unarmed civilizians protesting peacefully. So why the sudden change of heart?

\
Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by hakeem4(m): 1:23am On Oct 21, 2020
melzabull:
Ok if you say so, fine.

I only called you out cos i know yorubas are hypocrites and how a lot of your people jubilate each time the useless nigerian army unleashes terror on unarmed IPOB protesters in the East
to be honest I don’t jubilate when I see people dying. It’s just a few tribal bigots who do that

1 Like

Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by IkwereNgwaSon: 1:31am On Oct 21, 2020
Visman:
stop hiding under ILoveDemMANNA come out and defend ur darling daddy.

I've already called the fool out. Soon we will get him.
Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by Nobody: 1:58am On Oct 21, 2020
Edopesin:
The legit protesters should go home and save yourselves, the army have a justifiable reason to use excess force to stop this lawlessness being perpetuated by the hoodlums under the guise of EndSARS protesters

1. The protest in Lekki was peaceful. There was absolutely no reason to open fire.

2. What happened to rubber bullets?
Riot police could be deployed to every hot spot where hoodlums are attacking to stop them. Tear gas, water canons and rubber bullets will stop the hoodlums.

See?

There are better ways to respond without killing the people.
Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by adebwalex(m): 2:23am On Oct 21, 2020
Africonji:
Imagine. This is the anarchy the protesters had planned from the beginning. The government must not give in to them. They were warned ahead of time to vacate the protest sites but rather they chose to be unfortunate. Miscreants must not be allowed to hold the rest of the state hostage under the false pretext of a protest.
I tire for them ooooo. Burning banks a and stealing peoples earn business properties...What a lawless country and the politician want this to happen by setting the country ablaze.. We the youth have fallen for their tactic completely..
Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by marv1: 2:37am On Oct 21, 2020
Bihari the jihadist , His commander Berutai , The gov of Lagos state Sanwo Olu must answer to the crime they have committed against humanity.
The blood of the dead must visit vengeance on them and family .
Re: Lekki Tollgate On Fire After Secuity Agents Reportedly Kill EndSARS Protesters by marv1: 2:38am On Oct 21, 2020
Bihari the jihadist , His commander Burutai , The gov of Lagos state Sanwo Olu must answer to the crime they have committed against humanity.
The blood of the dead must visit vengeance on them and family .

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Joshua Dariye Sentenced To 14 Years Imprisonment, Cries In Court (Photos) / Hauwa Suntai Danba & Ahmed Jarman: Pre-Wedding Photos Of Ex-Taraba Governor Wife / Throwback Photo Of Akpabio And Joi Nunieh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.