Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:51 AM

No Death Recorded In Lekki Shootings —sanwo-olu - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Death Recorded In Lekki Shootings —sanwo-olu (1150 Views)

Obi’s Borehole Commissiong: No Death, Trauma Nor Injury - Mahdi Shehu. / Lekki Shootings: Sanwo-olu Must Appear Before Panel, #endsars Lawyer Insists / Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Death Recorded In Lekki Shootings —sanwo-olu by hucknall: 11:39am On Oct 21, 2020
Published October 21, 2020

Lagos State Governor, Babajide Sanwo-Olu, says no death was recorded in Tuesday night attack in the Lekki toll gate area of Lagos State.

The governor made this known in a live broadcast on Wednesday morning, saying two critically wounded victims had been operated on and were in stable condition while others with “mild to moderate” cases are still receiving treatments at various hospitals in the area.

Sanwo-Olu, who admitted that soldiers opened fire on #EndSARS protesters at the Lekki toll gate area last night in a bid to disperse them, said he is currently engaging the leadership of the Nigerian Army on the development.

He noted that as a governor of the state, the control of military forces was not under his purview.

Sanwo-Olu said, “For clarity, it is imperative to explain that no sitting governor controls the rules of engagement of the military. I have, nonetheless, ordered an investigation into the rules of engagement adopted by men of the Nigerian Army that were deployed to the Lekki toll gate last night.

“This is with a view to take this up with higher commands of the Nigerian Army and to seek the intervention of Mr President in his capacity to as the Commander-In-Chief to unravel the sequence of events that happened yesterday (Tuesday) night.

“Fellow Lagosians, whilst we pray for the swift recovery of the injured, we have not recorded any fatality as against the widespread circulation on social media.”

“Myself and the leadership of the ministry of health have been going round. Indeed, we went round the hospitals last night. We went round mortuaries last night to see and to monitor for ourselves what has happened and to look and identified the injured protesters.

“We personally visited the hospitals that took in these patients. 10 patients at the General Hospital in Lagos, 11 patients were at the two locations of the Reddington Hospitals both in Lekki and Victoria Island,” he said, adding others sets were at various hospitals in the Lekki area.

“I want to expressly say that over the night, two of them had to go through surgery and I am happy to say that they are all stable and they are recovering very well. Quite a number of others are just mild to moderate states.

“Indeed, three of them had been discharged this morning and I am told that additional three to four will be discharged anytime from now.”
Re: No Death Recorded In Lekki Shootings —sanwo-olu by hucknall: 11:40am On Oct 21, 2020
Re: No Death Recorded In Lekki Shootings —sanwo-olu by freshMallam1122: 11:41am On Oct 21, 2020
God punish your papa

1 Like

Re: No Death Recorded In Lekki Shootings —sanwo-olu by setobaba: 11:41am On Oct 21, 2020
Fine we all no you reading their scripts, it’s written all over your face you ain’t even happy while saying that out

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Death Recorded In Lekki Shootings —sanwo-olu by Mokason28: 11:42am On Oct 21, 2020
This is the time for Igbos to support President Mohammed Buhari... I call on IGBO’s to pray for Buhari...

He is doing well grin

1 Like

Re: No Death Recorded In Lekki Shootings —sanwo-olu by Imortal001: 11:43am On Oct 21, 2020
The judgement of God is waiting all of us!

1 Like

Re: No Death Recorded In Lekki Shootings —sanwo-olu by herzern(m): 11:43am On Oct 21, 2020
If this is true then whoever handled the "Massacre propaganda" did a damn good job.

Though I doubt it.
Re: No Death Recorded In Lekki Shootings —sanwo-olu by hisgrace090: 11:44am On Oct 21, 2020
Why not when you guys sees the peoples lives as nothing.

1 Like

Re: No Death Recorded In Lekki Shootings —sanwo-olu by Omoluabi16(m): 11:46am On Oct 21, 2020
How can he even say this? ? ? ? is he afraid of abuja man up! grow some balls!. What will it take for these people to do the right thing??

1 Like

Re: No Death Recorded In Lekki Shootings —sanwo-olu by loveth360(f): 11:47am On Oct 21, 2020
What Nigeria army does is shoot and carry.

They did it to Ipob members.

1 Like

Re: No Death Recorded In Lekki Shootings —sanwo-olu by Nobody: 11:48am On Oct 21, 2020
Despite video evidence, this ba5tard is still lying shocked imaging such effrontery angry

Wallahi, ko ni dafu Sanwo Olu, Buhari, Buratai and Tinubu....600 yrs of suffering for them!!

2 Likes

Re: No Death Recorded In Lekki Shootings —sanwo-olu by Felyyaks(f): 11:52am On Oct 21, 2020
Why does my instinct tells me otherwise, From all the videos I've seen there were lifeless bodies

1 Like

Re: No Death Recorded In Lekki Shootings —sanwo-olu by LibertyRep: 11:59am On Oct 21, 2020
Ok
Re: No Death Recorded In Lekki Shootings —sanwo-olu by deboysben(m): 12:00pm On Oct 21, 2020
Useless man

May you cry a painful cry before the end of this year for this lies.

1 Like

Re: No Death Recorded In Lekki Shootings —sanwo-olu by LibertyRep: 12:01pm On Oct 21, 2020
SanwoOlu is caught in a web spurned by forces greater than him.
How he extricate himself from this mess is what I don't know.

Do I pity him? Hell no!

1 Like

Re: No Death Recorded In Lekki Shootings —sanwo-olu by capitalzero: 12:01pm On Oct 21, 2020
loveth360:
What Nigeria army does is shoot and carry.

They did it to Ipob members.

You get it. Reason for blackout before shooting!!!
Re: No Death Recorded In Lekki Shootings —sanwo-olu by Aflix(m): 12:02pm On Oct 21, 2020
Huuumm .....the new theme song for this protest should be commander in chief by demi lovato
Re: No Death Recorded In Lekki Shootings —sanwo-olu by CodeTemplar: 12:17pm On Oct 21, 2020
hmmm....
Re: No Death Recorded In Lekki Shootings —sanwo-olu by penplus: 12:17pm On Oct 21, 2020
setobaba:
Fine we all no you reading their scripts, it’s written all over your face you ain’t even happy while saying that out

Exactly. The man is in a tight spot
Re: No Death Recorded In Lekki Shootings —sanwo-olu by smileyoo: 1:22pm On Oct 21, 2020
the governor is lying.
why is he afraid of saying the truth ?
how can a trained soldier, shoot into a crowd without killing anybody, but they only sustained injuries ?
Re: No Death Recorded In Lekki Shootings —sanwo-olu by Guestlander: 1:23pm On Oct 21, 2020
Sanwo Olu lied. The fact that some people shot at the protesters is enough crime on it own.
Re: No Death Recorded In Lekki Shootings —sanwo-olu by Donedeal1(m): 1:25pm On Oct 21, 2020
Better late than never, but you can do better by visit and update.
Re: No Death Recorded In Lekki Shootings —sanwo-olu by Donedeal1(m): 1:28pm On Oct 21, 2020
What?

(1) (Reply)

Endsars (aka Endpolice Brutality) Is Nothing But A Scam. A Big Fat Lie. / Abians On Ground Please Tell Us The Situation Of Things concerning this report. / Buhari Government better than Obasanjo government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.