Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,237 members, 7,836,141 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:25 PM

President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) (69083 Views)

Video Of President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests / Full Text: President Buhari's Address On COVID-19 Lockdown On 27th April, 2020 / Full Text: President Buhari's Address On Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by vikkogg: 8:32pm On Oct 22, 2020
This man is an idiot. He acknowledged the NPF officers that lost their lives during line of duty but he failed to acknowledge the peaceful protesters who got killed security operatives during the peaceful protest. Foolish man! Heartless!!
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Schoolshoe: 8:37pm On Oct 22, 2020
Egoat:

We good pah bro.
Gone and settled.
� that's my niggie.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by streetfabulous: 8:37pm On Oct 22, 2020
My annoyance is that we never learn. Close to 2023 we will start fighting and insulting ourselves because of tribe, religion or party. Then on election day, some eligible voters will be sleeping at home and refuse to come out and vote, some will come out and collect peanuts and vote anyhow, some will not even bother to register for voters card sef. Is it impossible for all youths to remain united as we were during the protest and form a massive coalition of youths in millions that will either endorse or sponsor who we want for election? If we continue to talk cheap, play hide/seek behind cheap keyboards
and elect sweet talking political jobbers, then we will continue like this for 600 yrs till we get sense.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Aromaticshnnap(m): 8:37pm On Oct 22, 2020
Where did Nigerians get it wrong? Are these the words of a supposed father figure? Wait oh, this man never take these things happening seriously!

Is this the long awaited speech or should we expect another?

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by incogni2o: 8:53pm On Oct 22, 2020
LadyJasper:

How can you expect Osibanjo to resign? The money is good na. Lol
Oh! I get shocked
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by mrdipye(m): 8:56pm On Oct 22, 2020
Wtf is this??
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by scantee(m): 9:01pm On Oct 22, 2020
Not surprise at all, it was expected...

There was really a country.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by samwillyco1(m): 9:04pm On Oct 22, 2020
I remembered something, during our days in primary school, every morning one person will be called out by the teacher to read a reader for the rest of the class to follow and that is what Nigerians have been getting from him.
Very soon he would even stop reading for NIGERIANS but sitting beside the reader grin grin grin.
PMB was even threatening the international community to mind there business or elsegrin grin grin
But wait oo, the writer is heartless for not including lakki massacre but included the palace of Oba of Lagos, this people are mean grin grin grin

My fellow citizens, please it is better to live as a fool than to die in the hands of this heartless people untimely. Since the POLICE and ARMY that we are even fighting for also have turned against us started killing us, let's leave them BOKO Haram Boys will settle their matter as usual.

Let's stay calm and do the needful come 2023, that would be the best option
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by JordanMichael(m): 9:19pm On Oct 22, 2020
Oh Nigeria!! where do we go from here?
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Casemiro(m): 9:20pm On Oct 22, 2020
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

Buharia didn't even sounded like an odogwu at all
The should have given him mushin weed
B4 the speech
All I could hear was traders moni, market Moni, agro moni and Npower moni (like w.t.f are we asking for types of moni or what)
Baba even did as if nothing happened in lekki,
Was taking about oba (as a Lagos indigene, am not in support of destroying oba stuff) buh he bleeped up full-time, Even the biblical Joseph that store food for seven years didn't store (perishables) up to they stuff I saw there..
Buh what do I know
And in BTW I didn't hear anything new from the unsophisticated broadcast
Just the same crap (maybe it was even recorded with Tiktok)

don't mind them.

When was the last time the president of Nigeria held a press briefing?

Why didn't they allow journalists from different agencies to ask him questions after the speech?

tiktok government
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 22, 2020
Biodun556:

It's a flag that signifies commander in chief.

The colours their represent the army, the navy, airforce and the police.

Big ups bro. Thanks and God bless you

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by MrPV: 9:34pm On Oct 22, 2020
The WORST president in the history of Nigeria.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Cmeo(m): 9:55pm On Oct 22, 2020
Wack speak mixed with facts
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:06pm On Oct 22, 2020
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

Buharia didn't even sounded like an odogwu at all
The should have given him mushin weed
B4 the speech
All I could hear was traders moni, market Moni, agro moni and Npower moni (like w.t.f are we asking for types of moni or what)
Baba even did as if nothing happened in lekki,
Was taking about oba (as a Lagos indigene, am not in support of destroying oba stuff) buh he bleeped up full-time, Even the biblical Joseph that store food for seven years didn't store (perishables) up to they stuff I saw there..
Buh what do I know
And in BTW I didn't hear anything new from the unsophisticated broadcast
Just the same crap (maybe it was even recorded with Tiktok)
At least you now know types of money.
grin grin grin
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by MISSCONGENIALITY(f): 10:13pm On Oct 22, 2020
MorataFC:
He mentioned policemen who died on duty during the protest but what of those who were killed by police or the military men?
Those one no be human?
Those ones are not Nigerians. The person that wrote the speech came back from the Sun. He has no idea what's going on in the country.
I can't blame the mannequin. Na wetin them write give am na wetin him go read..
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by yemi1504: 11:17pm On Oct 22, 2020
Drabeey:
Even if it is pre-recorded ....

Say something like this, then do wetin dey your mind.

1. Address the nation with the other 2,3 and 4th Nigeria citizens standing behind me while I say...

"Fellow Nigerians, esp Nigerian youths, it is with great regrets and sudden sense of call to responsibilities that we stand before you today. Not only as the leaders of this nation but also as fathers who understands the plights of their children... "

" We kneel before you today (they all go on their kneels) not to ask for forgiveness but to ask that you all calm down and allow us listen to your demands. The loggerheads are uncalled for. I blame out part for allowing your peaceful protest degenerate to this extent. Please cease your vexation and let's see to how we can make a round table discussion to MOVE OUR COUNTRY FORWARD.

2. I Mohammadu Buhari (parody) have ordered the closure of all police stations and colleges.
I have ordered the IG to summon all Nigeria Police personnel to a 2weeks intensive education on modern policing. They are also to undergo psychiatry tests and I have also ordered an independent televised coverage of the whole process.

To this effect, I have ordered the leadership of Nigerian Army and Civil Defense to maintain peace and order in our country.

We are determined to put a full stop to police brutality. Not only that, we have set up a panel to discipline all erring police personnel. I assure you they will all be brought to book.
More however is that any officer who fail to report for this process shall be tried and whereabouts leaked to the public. I assure you that we are about to see the new face of police services to the public.

We understand how promising your future looks. We are ready to work with your leadership to bring out the best of you.

I hereby implore you to show us how democratic you all are by selecting leaders to represent your interest.

3. I lieu to the above statement, we will support your leadership to organise a national conference meeting where every of your demands be tendered and scrutinised. I assure you that we shall not influence this process and will work with them to grant every of your demands

I implore you to understand why we need to cease been at loggerheads for the benefit of our dear nation.

Fellow Nigerians, the last few weeks have been bloody and I pray we never experience these sad occurrences again in Nigeria.....

#spit undecided

Drabeey was Here

Now, that is emotional intelligence at work and the kind of speech, the President should have made. Sincerely, his speech writers should be sacked and new ones that can douse tensions like these which crop up from time to time in a democracy hired. I rest my case.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by yemi1504: 11:21pm On Oct 22, 2020
2mch:

He did and he’s not brave enough to admit.

Whether he does or not, his case is already with the ICC and a petition is in the works too being signed. Just a matter of time!
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by yemi1504: 11:25pm On Oct 22, 2020
Johnnysixtus:
Who do us like this?

Na we na but majorly sponsored and brought to you courtesy of senseless ab0kis up N0rth, Yeroba Muzl1ms and Tiffnubu slaves SMH.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by johnisaola(m): 11:26pm On Oct 22, 2020
Finnese001:
You call this a presidential speech angry

even my illiterate grandmother can do better undecided
your illiterate mother and father unko can they do it better too?
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by johnisaola(m): 11:30pm On Oct 22, 2020
GeneralOjukwu:
angry

FACTS:

Buhari is a useless leader.

EndSARS had noble intentions at the start but it eventually was hijacked by anti Yoruba interests.

If you're Yoruba and you supported destroying your homeland, shame on you for your naivety.
Buhari and your useless father who is more useless among theme please
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by yemi1504: 11:30pm On Oct 22, 2020
Mrattih:
Am still asking, which country owns that other flag behind BUHARI? Answer please.

That is the Armed Forces flag sir, remember he is also the commander in chief of the Armed Forces.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by GeneralOjukwu: 11:34pm On Oct 22, 2020
johnisaola:

Buhari and johnsisaola's useless homosexual father who is more useless among theme please
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Finnese001: 11:36pm On Oct 22, 2020
johnisaola:
your illiterate mother and father unko can they do it better too?

Birds of the same feather
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Maxwellisaac: 11:52pm On Oct 22, 2020
He mentioned lives lost

He paid tribute to all police personnel who tragically lost their lives

He paid tribute to all youths whose lives were lost in the protest

He address the endsarz protests and emergent demands raised.

He mentioned his plans and various initiatives raised to alleviate poverty

Although in his address, he did not speak on lekki's massacre in particular, but I think the address encompasses all that turned out.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by TruthinAction: 11:56pm On Oct 22, 2020
We have entered one chance. God please deliver us from this heartless and deceitful government. Forgive us our sins and give us a reasonable leader.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by softsoul22(m): 12:24am On Oct 23, 2020
WhatCanIsay:
Nigeria as a country has no president, it's obvious to us all. What we have there is something it's only function is to retain power in the North, not just the North but for the Fulani.

What is there in the speech? The major evil, the Lekki ordeal has been wiped from his memory.

This country can never be the same. And for those rejoicing that they have power... You will witness the slipperiness of power.

Evil can never conquer good. It's matter of time.
Edited broadcast
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Waterway: 1:23am On Oct 23, 2020
We the people need to do our due diligence to examine those who contest for office and know they have the capacity to run the office. They must be relevant to the vision we seek as a nation. They must have leadership qualities of bringing people together and have been tested. Buhari and most of our senators, members of house of reps, commissioners, LG chairman, councilors are not representing or accountable to their constituents. Today and last wk highlights all of the above and the disconnect that is created by lack of accountability to the people they represent and the sense of impunity of all these so called “elected” inexperienced officers. These group of the “privileged” earn too much in salary, perks and embezzlement to feel the angst of poverty in the land today. While other nations are putting money in the pocket of their citizens , our so- called leaders are increasing fuel price and electricity tarriff. Now they have seen that the line between hunger and hopelessness in Nigeria is very thin. What people needed were palliatives not extortion from all arms of govt. Sense of solidarity will be reduction in salary of all of above offices and used as COVID 19 palliatives across the 36states. Rather than a protest , I bet we would have witnessed a more patriotic country/ Nigerians feeling a sense of belonging and ownership in our great nation.

Yes the govt has deliberately side-stepped the meaning of the #EndSARS protest. #EndSARS is an indignant response to the repugnant sense of indifference by a callous political elites of today (PDP/APC/APGA) . They have dismissed the youths for too long and created an economy that works for the elite and not the rest of us. They created and have been guardians of a nation where dreams die! Cost of running a biz in Nija is amongst the highest in the world. If they cared to listen to the eloquent speech of Aisha Yesuf and the many placards carried by the protesters, they will realize that it is about citizenship, police brutality & extortion, equal opportunity and security, education, infrastructures, corruption and yes it a protest to reduce of salary of those in office to be commensurable to any other civil servants. The sacrifice has to start from the top before Asking the people to do theirs Vis-a-Vis increase fuel price and tariffs. When is senate going to convene to make it a punishable offense for police to take money/bribes on the roads and be dismissed from the NPF? When are we going to make the NPF a professional force....increasing pay scale of NPF does not stop extortion at roadblocks! Wake up Senators!

We need to avoid the usual trap of tribal or religious distractions or the tricks of our aged politicians. We need to stop the protest and give 6months and if no visible policy changes to address the issues then don’t burn your neighborhood but rather take the protest to the government offices—- a sit-in peaceful,protest in all houses of assembly across the country and all govt office in Abuja. All schools should be forced to closed and all students /youths mandated to show up. Yes, it is a fight for our future and we all have a stake in this fight. Hopefully we will have a police force that will join the youths in solidarity as we all demand better leadership and accountability in govt.
Let them/political class be the aggressors but take the protest to them on a neutral ground —- federal and state buildings. God Bless Nija
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Michaelota: 4:14am On Oct 23, 2020
Papa bubu, go and resign,drop the fake mask and off to daura. Let the youth take over the affairs. We don't need a leader that is older than the country itself. Thank u Sir
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by WhyteAboki: 5:59am On Oct 23, 2020
Pls this is another campaign talk. Nobody engages this government any more . Our engagements are on the street and mind u u did not mention any 5 demand slated by the youth and nobody signed any demand with you as our demand is to better the system starting from #endsars through , reduction of salaries of our legislators, lopsided appointments/promotion/implementation of civil service salaries/accountability by the various stratas of gov./
#END NEPA CHARGES#DSTV CHARGES#FUEL PUMP PRICE#MOBILE NETWORK CHARGES(MTN,GLO,9MOBILE ETC.

CHAI DIS GOV. BAD.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by WhyteAboki: 6:13am On Oct 23, 2020
#DIS GOV. BADOOH.

IS ONLY IN THIS COUNTRY THAT SMBODY WILL JOIN THE ARMY POLICE OR CIVIL DEFENSE, WITH A PARTICULAR SALARY OF SAY 64K AS LEVEL 7 AS A BACHELOR, AFTER 10YRS AND AFTER WRITING SEVERAL PROMOTION EXAMS NO PROMOTION OR IF ONE IS GIVING OUT OF STRUGGLE SALARY IMPLEMENTATION BECOMES HEADACHE.
IN THAT SAME WORK HE STARTED AS A BACHELOR WITH 64K, HE PAYS RENT IN ONE ROOM, AFTER SOME YRS HE MARRIES, GAVE BIRTH TO 3 CHILDREN,NO PROMOTION OR SALARY IMPLEMENTATION, D CHILDREN START SCHOOL WITH SAME 64K, ENTER 2 ROOMS SAME 64K, BUY CAR, UNIVERSITY MONEY SAME 64K.
GOV. INCREASE NEPA SAME 64K DSTV, RECHARGE CARD/DATA/FOOD STUFF AND TRANSPORTATION INCREASE SAME 64K.

ABEG OGA MAKE UNA LOOK INTO THE MATTER ABI UNA WANT SEND DEM ROBBERY.?
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Iyremafunwa: 7:12am On Oct 23, 2020
:-
How did we get ourselves to this point.

Am
Disappeared Mr president.

Ur speech is not worth it at all.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Nobody: 7:41am On Oct 23, 2020
yemi1504:

That is the Armed Forces flag sir, remember he is also the commander in chief of the Armed Forces.

Thank you sir. God bless you. We learn everyday.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Nlc's Planned Strike Suffer Major Setback / Ganduje's Supporters Destroy Emir Of Kano's Portrait At Government House. Photos / What Buhari Told Atiku, Others At Signing Of Second Peace Accord

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.