Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,931 members, 7,814,161 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:06 AM

President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) (69024 Views)

Video Of President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests / Full Text: President Buhari's Address On COVID-19 Lockdown On 27th April, 2020 / Full Text: President Buhari's Address On Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by CoolAmbience(m): 8:08pm On Oct 22, 2020
LibertyRep:
Thank you OP

I'll read the transcript instead as I barely hear what he says.

Pa Buhari is old and tired and should be allowed to have his deserved rest.

You just got served the transcript...

Have you got any other worry apart from his accent?

I am not surprised that you now prefer a common transcript to a live speech that you all wanted so badly as though your lives depended on it.

Una matter eh....
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by mustafaa: 8:08pm On Oct 22, 2020
WhatCanIsay:
Nigeria as a country has no president, it's obvious to us all. What we have there is something it's only function is to retain power in the North, not just the North but for the Fulani.

What is there in the speech? The major evil, the Lekki ordeal has been wiped from his memory.

This country can never be the same. And for those rejoicing that they have power... You will witness the slipperiness of power.

Evil can never conquer good. It's matter of time.

May God forgive you.

He said nothing about Lekki Toll Gate because nothing happened. Although, people were injured and one died at Reddington hospital
I implore you to watch the videos again, this time slowly with careful observation. You were sold emotions and outrages.

45 hrs later, people who were wrongly tagged dead have come out to deny it. But No family has come out to cry or ask for their missing wards

78 people dead, dead just like that with no identities. No name, no corpse. Nothing! Just some ill covered pictures and videos. If 78 people were killed, dem born Dj Switch? She won't be that calm live streaming the scene.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by GeneralOjukwu: 8:09pm On Oct 22, 2020
ezixt:

These destructions are going on all over the nation, what are you saying bro? This is not the time to play tribal games. It is such an insensitive thing to do at this moment.
You are probably an agent paid to fan the flames of tribalism, pitch southerners against southerners, and then water down the true cause of the protest.

I pray others will see through your craftiness and wickedness.

You're the wicked one and not particularly intelligent.

Jailbreaks and releasing criminals aren't evil acts.

How is it tribalism?

Quote me with sense next time.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Nchenches: 8:10pm On Oct 22, 2020
Presidency; listen, citizens did not just start protesting only because of SARS.

Nigeria’s political culture and structure of fraud that gave rise to SARS made citizens to rise up.

Change the political structure and culture of fraud in the political system.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by ukeleh: 8:10pm On Oct 22, 2020
He just came to sound warning to citizens, that was not address to calm tension.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by smileyoo: 8:10pm On Oct 22, 2020
sadly, this govt have finally succeeded in arm-twisting the #endsars protesters, by fully employing the services of thugs to infiltrate the protesters and pollute their noble intentions, there by giving this govt reasons to use excessive force on the genuine protesters, while allowing the vicious thugs to go scot-free despite the mayhem they exhibited against innocent citizens.
this is a rogue govt, that's ready to waste lives, just to stay in power, while doing nothing positive with the power to benefit the masses. it will be a miracle for nigeria to survive this regime without much damage.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by jelel6: 8:11pm On Oct 22, 2020
The speech was more or less what I expected. For those wondering how we got here, read the written speech if you can't understand his accent. Forget trivialities for once.

For those of you who did read the speech, from point 1 to 7, do you consider the actions (or inaction) of the government as those of a party in a dispute who wanted the situation to degenerate to this?
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Testate(m): 8:12pm On Oct 22, 2020
Justkatty:
Truly speaking....the only thing I heard was tradermoni.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You even try. Me i did not hear anything grin
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Mystery9(m): 8:12pm On Oct 22, 2020
OBJECTIVES

(1). Which of this moni is not among the moni mentioned by PMB?
(a) Farmer moni (b) Sars moni (c) Market moni (d) Trader moni.

(2). PMB was fair in his live speech broadcast to Nigerians on 22nd October, 2020.
(a) True (b) False
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Pellahblaze(m): 8:13pm On Oct 22, 2020
This man still never get the message of the youth he go shock am
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by potbelly(m): 8:14pm On Oct 22, 2020
I swear...
Skankamola:

There is blood on the streets baba de talk npower and tradermoni. Nothing about lekki massacre, no body is suspended, igp still dey office. We are on our own.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Web2020: 8:14pm On Oct 22, 2020
This life is a misery! One can just be lucky or unlucky as a result of the country they are from.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by victons(m): 8:15pm On Oct 22, 2020
GeneralOjukwu:
angry

FACTS:

Buhari is a useless leader.

EndSARS had noble intentions at the start but it eventually was hijacked by anti Yoruba interests.

If you're Yoruba and you supported destroying your homeland, shame on you for your naivety.
You still wanna go tribal?
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Web2020: 8:15pm On Oct 22, 2020
I wish to call on the West (Yorubas) and the East(Igbos) to at this point ensued what so ever is their differences and work together fir a United South. It is crystal clear that nothing good can ever come from the North. Let take our destiny in our hands people
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Akanoaaa(m): 8:16pm On Oct 22, 2020
Confirmedzombie:
Very fantastic and amazing speech. I am sure that the well meaning Nigerians are impressed with this speech.

Indeed PMB is a leader sent by God to salvage his children.

God bless you Baba.

We the Nigerian youths are solidly behind you, not the illitrates who cant read but comment out of hate.

May God heal out land.

Insha Allah
Amin

You will die a painful death Insha Allah, what happened to those youths will happen to every members of your family.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Schoolshoe: 8:18pm On Oct 22, 2020
Egoat:
This mannequin only wasted 13 minutes of our lives.
I just hope no international body watched the address.
I felt embarrassed watching the recorded nonsense.
you call an old man mannequin? Even said he did nonsense? That man can born you o. grin
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Commentor: 8:19pm On Oct 22, 2020
incogni2o:
He likely ordered the killings.

I don't even get why People are talking only about Lekki.

What about the other Killings.

It's osibanjo that I'm highly dissapointed in.

He should have resigned if He is truely a Man of integrity.

We definitely have a Terrorist as a Pressident if He did.

Peter Obi's Ezu river killings come to mind.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by jelel6: 8:19pm On Oct 22, 2020
CoolAmbience:

You just got served the transcript...

Have you got any other worry apart from his accent?

I am not surprised that you now prefer a common transcript to a live speech that you all wanted so badly as though your lives depended on it.

Una matter eh....

You'd shake your head in unbelieve when you see that 90% of the commenters are more interested in his accent rather than what the contents actually says.

If a heavily accented Scottish man speaks the language to this people do they think they'll comprehend anything? A people mostly concerned about trivialities.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by BGSM: 8:19pm On Oct 22, 2020
May God bless you my President you have spoken well.

Now that he has spoken, what are you still expecting from him? He should bring his head for you the way you are killing yourselves through cultism by counting scores? He should step down so that the blood sucking politicians sponsoring you can get their? You people lack coordination and proper understanding of what you are doing. My President has spoken, go back with your normal businesses with what is left after all damages.
Mind you all that all damaged properties ll be replaced with our tax in their care.
Real hardship and suffering loading.
Las las una go get sense.
God bless Nigerians, God bless Nigeria
Wishing you all the best, most especially my Lagos people.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Nobody: 8:20pm On Oct 22, 2020
"To lift 100 million Nigerians out of poverty in the next 10 years"

The above comment was first made in 2019 during his swearing in. 2020 he is still planning the lifting process for the next 10years.

Just like his 150 cows that have refused to die or give birth, 10years will never count down.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Egoat(m): 8:20pm On Oct 22, 2020
Schoolshoe:
you call an old man mannequin? Even said he did nonsense? That man can born you o. grin
My guy, Buhari can't born me.
An animal can't give birth to a human I swear.
That mannequin na even compliment sef, Allah.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Arabs999: 8:22pm On Oct 22, 2020
Soljaboi44:
angry

From the his speech, I'm not sure if he's aware of the Lekki Toll Gate Shooting. angry

Infact, this speech is photoshopped too... We can never be deceived.

BTW, Am I the only one that don't clearly understand Buhari’s English
Nna that speech was prepared before the Lekki Toll Gate Shooting...
Jubrin has nothing to offer..
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Schoolshoe: 8:23pm On Oct 22, 2020
Egoat:

My guy, Buhari can't born me.
An animal can't give birth to a human I swear.
That mannequin na even compliment sef, Allah.
suffery nah. cheesy

Shey we good? smiley
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by 8x324: 8:24pm On Oct 22, 2020
[s]
Commentor:

Peter Obi's Ezu river killings come to mind.
[/s]
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by doctorbrainy(f): 8:24pm On Oct 22, 2020
LibertyRep:
Thank you OP

I'll read the transcript instead as I barely hear what he says.

Pa Buhari is old and tired and should be allowed to have his deserved rest.
If he is old let him go and rest. There are alot of young people who will do better.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by authority2006(m): 8:25pm On Oct 22, 2020
All Buhari must address us crew, can we now have peace? Will you stop the killings and burnings of properties now?
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by authority2006(m): 8:27pm On Oct 22, 2020
Eastlink:
Buhari and his DSS as far as I’m concerned have a hand in the destruction of lives and properties currently happening in the south.

I’ve watched this movie before and can never be deceived.

Are you the spokesperson for the murderers and arsonists rampaging the south?
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Egoat(m): 8:28pm On Oct 22, 2020
Schoolshoe:
suffery nah. cheesy

Shey we good? smiley
We good pah bro.
Gone and settled.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by CoolAmbience(m): 8:28pm On Oct 22, 2020
jelel6:

You'd shake your head in unbelieve when you see that 90% of the commenters are more interested in his accent rather than what the contents actually says.

If a heavily accented Scottish man speaks the language to this people do they think they'll comprehend anything? A people mostly concerned about trivialities.

These people are obviously irredeemable.

Triviality... that's the word. They feast on it day and night.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by authority2006(m): 8:30pm On Oct 22, 2020
MorataFC:
He mentioned policemen who died on duty during the protest but what of those who were killed by police or the military men?
Those one no be human?

And who are those who were killed by the military? We're still waiting for their names.
Secondly, all those who were killed by the police were part of those who made attempts on various police stations.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Lufthansa: 8:30pm On Oct 22, 2020
I thought I am the only one who noticed that. He was however quick paying tributes to policemen who lost their lives.

Those whom he deployed the soldiers to kill.
Mekudi:
How did we get here
He didn't even pay Tribute to the youths that lost their life in police brutality

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Buhari Names Train Stations After Prominent Nigerians. See Full List. / Governor Zulum Visits President Buhari In Aso Rock This Afternoon / Landlord Ejects Friday Opurum, Traffic Warden Awarded By Governor Wike

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.