Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,963 members, 7,825,016 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) (69056 Views)

Video Of President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests / Full Text: President Buhari's Address On COVID-19 Lockdown On 27th April, 2020 / Full Text: President Buhari's Address On Coronavirus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by ekerintee: 7:55pm On Oct 22, 2020
The ones hiding and blaming other people . Enemies of Nigeria .they know themselves ,causing havoc in lagos .pointing havoc and blaming the fulanis .Very soon the truth will come out

teacherbim:
*There are 4 sets of people protesting in Nigeria.*

1. *The hardworking Nigerians who are tired of police brutality & bad governance.*

2. *The thieves, yahooboys & kidnappers who want SARS to end so that they could have more freedom to operate.*

3. *The Biafrans who want the protests to escalate into a revolution so that Nigeria will come to an end.*

4. *Politicians who failed in the last election who wants the present government to fail, #OppositionParty*

*Keep your eyes open whenever you’re out protesting, make sure you’re always with like minded people, so that the fate of the sinners does not descend upon the righteous.*
Copied

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by omosuper(m): 7:55pm On Oct 22, 2020
Web2020:
This Buhari speech shows that he is in support of the killing of those young protesters. Very sad to have this kind of president.
Northerners don't give a Bleep about what's happening in the South.I always preserve my R.I.P whenever Boko boys suyarize them too. They tag our heroes as the criminals killed by the Nigerian army.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by ogene007: 7:56pm On Oct 22, 2020
#USELESSSPEECH

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by noble87(m): 7:56pm On Oct 22, 2020
OMG I am ashamed of this country called Nigeria, this man called Buhari the president didn't say anything meaningful to this doctored broadcast, he never mentioned lekki masacare,good governance we were asking for that is to tell you that the government does not care about it's citizen.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by jelel6: 7:56pm On Oct 22, 2020
sidonlook:
Thank you president General Muhamadu Buhari.

I am disappointed in the speech. He came telling us things we already know.
If he has achieved so much , why is there so much poverty in the land and so much joblessness in the country.
His speech is also insultive to the international community , that they should say what they know.

His speech was like his usual speeches in the past.

He claimed right and unnecessarily legal.

I feel he did not give enough regard to the youth struggle and the president 's handlers are a bunch of disappointment .

I am disappointed

Yes, his speech was made considering the international attention the situation has degenerated to.

You seem interested in making sense of his position so I'll urge you to read the speech again up to the first 7 point. If the government was truly uninterested in the ENDSARS protests, they wouldn't have conceded that far.

From the 8th point, all he did was to highlight one of our deep rooted problems as a people: NOT KNOWING WHEN TO STOP. We always indulge in anything even if it ends bringing everything down in the long run.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by britiko: 7:56pm On Oct 22, 2020
So sad, Nigeria leaders are irredeemable, vote them out!!

This is no leadership. This is dictatorship.

No remorse whatsoever and no mention of the #lekki massacre victims, Not even a minute of silence observed but he acknowledged the dead police officers. He just threatened the youths and succeeded in fueling the anger of the masses.

How did we get here in d first place?

I hope this incident will remind the youths to use their power wisely when voting.

Shallom!
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by BOYLOVABLE1(m): 7:57pm On Oct 22, 2020
Baba nor even know Watin dey sup for our land shocked shocked
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by meditator(m): 7:57pm On Oct 22, 2020
olujastro:
A campaign speech instead of addressing the various incidents across Nigeria, particularly the #LekkiMassacre
Buhari and his advisers who wrote this speech are not just brainless, they are brilliantly stupid.

Indeed there is a new sex style called Buhari, in which you just stay on top and do nothing.
I think you are the stupid one here. You guys have been clamouring for him to address d Nation, he has done that now and u are making a big deal out of it. Which Lekki Massacre ? Oga stop spreading lies.

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by mascot87(m): 7:57pm On Oct 22, 2020
ivolt:

I am not talking about liking or hating Trump.

Trump has never made a memorable speech.
He doesn't even have basic command of English.

Do you know that some millions still like Buhari?
Does that mean he is a great speech maker and an intellect?

Millions of Americans feel motivated with Trump's speech
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by ArewaHero(m): 7:57pm On Oct 22, 2020
Enudapan:
Nah eh! No qualms
This is so unsophisticated

Buharia didn't even sounded like an odogwu at all
The should have given him mushin weed
B4 the speech
All I could hear was traders moni, market Moni, agro moni and Npower moni (like w.t.f are we asking for types of moni or what)
Baba even did as if nothing happened in lekki,
Was taking about oba (as a Lagos indigene, am not in support of destroying oba stuff) buh he bleeped up full-time, Even the biblical Joseph that store food for seven years didn't store (perishables) up to they stuff I saw there..
Buh what do I know
And in BTW I didn't hear anything new from the unsophisticated broadcast
Just the same crap
Oga go create your own script and broadcast am
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by meditator(m): 7:58pm On Oct 22, 2020
Mekudi:
How did we get here
He didn't even pay Tribute to the youths that lost their life in police brutality
What is dead will never die again. RIP to those that died before the protest
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Mikepascal(m): 7:58pm On Oct 22, 2020
He didn't say anything about #lekkitollgate
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by LordviccoDaGuru(m): 7:58pm On Oct 22, 2020
Great
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Omengboji: 7:59pm On Oct 22, 2020
Buhari, what do u think are the demands of the youths? U were expected to spell them out first before before any useless follow up. NLC president who accepted palliatives instead of fuel reduction should immediately be removed. U think we didn't know u gave him money. Big salaries of u and ur executives should have a structure inline with IPPIS. I HATE CHEATERS. endsars, reform police. Since 1960 till date our police kept on getting worse. U have issues and report to police, u will be asked to pay a negotiable mobilization fee , open file for N2000 still on going at NSUKKA police command. U need to understand what these whole endsars mean. Upon how long it took u and ur script writer before u address us yet u didn't ask what these whole thing is all about. Shame on u. Tinubu and co should remain where they are cos they put us into this mess.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by prixm: 7:59pm On Oct 22, 2020
Since there is no direct condemnation of the shooting and killings of the protesters at the Lekki protest grounds by soldiers of the Nigeria Army, one can infer that they are either following the president's order or he is well in support of their action. Very unfortunately!
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Omezif(m): 8:00pm On Oct 22, 2020
What does he know in this old age, he always be advised by his incompetence cabinet.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by meditator(m): 8:00pm On Oct 22, 2020
Mikepascal:
He didn't say anything about #lekkitollgate
Because it wasn't necessary
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by heysquare(m): 8:01pm On Oct 22, 2020
This man just dey fresh! The more they curse him the more he becomes healthy and fresh! Buhari you're too much! Your God na numero Uno! Eni Olorun o pa, Oba Kan o le pa!

1 Like

Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by MisterPedro(m): 8:01pm On Oct 22, 2020
ivolt:

Does Lekki protesters lives matter more than others?

While I believe the dullard speech is empty, your criticisms are invalid too.
You expect a speech about the Lekki incident where no lives was lost when
real and confirmed victims have not even been acknowledged.

And don't tell me about the fake "massacre" video circulating.
Lagos governor has been searching for those who died from the shooting but found none.

It seems common sense eluded this one you have the mind to call those videos fake when people in and out of the country see it's authenticity
And why wouldn't the government deny nobody died it's not the first time they lied to simple minded people like you.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Femuel(m): 8:01pm On Oct 22, 2020
Nigerians made the greatest mistake in history,the day Muhammadu Buhari was voted as the Nigerian president.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Nobody: 8:01pm On Oct 22, 2020
potbelly:
Who understood what this man said?

He left me confused...

WTF does emPower have to do with #endsars.

Problem dey o
There is blood on the streets baba de talk npower and tradermoni. Nothing about lekki massacre, no body is suspended, igp still dey office. We are on our own.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by renheart(m): 8:01pm On Oct 22, 2020
The script has been written for him to read to Nigerians. I don't see any meaningful impact of these speech as touching the ongoing protest. All what he had said is meaningless as far these write up is concern.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by incogni2o: 8:01pm On Oct 22, 2020
Jack500:

Keep quiet! Resign so that your father can be VP abi? I don't know what his resignation will do for u

APC robot,

You are a Robot.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by smsinnigeria(m): 8:03pm On Oct 22, 2020
Almost like October 1st and June 12 speeches. He can't do without marketing his failed administration.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by ezixt: 8:03pm On Oct 22, 2020
GeneralOjukwu:
angry

FACTS:

Buhari is a useless leader.

EndSARS had noble intentions at the start but it eventually was hijacked by anti Yoruba interests.

If you're Yoruba and you supported destroying your homeland, shame on you for your naivety.

These destructions are going on all over the nation, what are you saying bro? This is not the time to play tribal games. It is such an insensitive thing to do at this moment.
You are probably an agent paid to fan the flames of tribalism, pitch southerners against southerners, and then water down the true cause of the protest.

I pray others will see through your craftiness and wickedness.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Lapex(m): 8:03pm On Oct 22, 2020
renheart:
The script has been written for him to read to Nigerians. I don't see any meaningful impact of these speech as touching the ongoing protest. All what he had said is meaningless as far these write up is concern.
olujastro:
A campaign speech instead of addressing the various incidents across Nigeria, particularly the #LekkiMassacre
Buhari and his advisers who wrote this speech are not just brainless, they are brilliantly stupid.

Indeed there is a new sex style called Buhari, in which you just stay on top and do nothing.
I cant finish laughing
I will surely try it.
noble87:
OMG I am ashamed of this country called Nigeria, this man called Buhari the president didn't say anything meaningful to this doctored broadcast, he never mentioned lekki masacare,good governance we were asking for that is to tell you that the government does not care about it's citizen.
olujastro:

I cant finish laughing
I will surely try it.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Benega9(m): 8:04pm On Oct 22, 2020
He Don Read His Own Nu....tomorrow Sha tells
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by LadyJasper: 8:05pm On Oct 22, 2020
incogni2o:
He likely ordered the killings.

I don't even get why People are talking only about Lekki.

What about the other Killings.

It's osibanjo that I'm highly dissapointed in.

He should have resigned if He is truely a Man of integrity.

We definitely have a Terrorist as a Pressident if He did.
How can you expect Osibanjo to resign? The money is good na. Lol
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Breakinglimit: 8:06pm On Oct 22, 2020
There was INDEED A COUNTRY. After waiting for almost three weeks, this all our AM NOT AWARE president said as a national address. He should have kept mute. No mention of the Lekki toll gate massacre. No mention of the sponsored Empty and stupid address, the first paragraph shows he is obviously not aware of anything. Nigeria doesn't have a president� on the peaceful protesters.
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by Nelsen08(m): 8:06pm On Oct 22, 2020
Nemere2020:

https://www.facebook.com/1452287068399764/posts/2410664315895363/

God punish Buhari and his entire generations. it can never be well with him. his inaction is a deliberate ploy to annihilate the youth of southern part of Nigeria while working towards achieving Northern agenda.
Thunder fire Buhari
Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by BlackFlamefromP: 8:06pm On Oct 22, 2020
I was even expecting the president to declare a state of emergency.

Sentiment is the root of evil in this world. When people make noice about 'Lekki massacre'. They forget that the so called protesters who gathered at lekki toll gate that night committed an offence in the first place by defying a curfew that was imposed by Lagos State Governor to prevent the general break down of law and order.

All those protesters at lekki toll gate ought to have been in jail by now if the government wanted to be ruthless. They are to be held responsible for whatever happened to them because they had no business coming out in the first place since there was curfew in place.

We must never encourage lawlessness in any form as nothing good can come out of it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Buhari's Address On EndSARS Protests (Full Text) by tobito33(m): 8:07pm On Oct 22, 2020
Na soo

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Kogi Governorship Election Official Results From LGAs - Premium Times / Ganduje's Supporters Destroy Emir Of Kano's Portrait At Government House. Photos / Drama As Obaseki Pull Down Edo Assembly Roof Over Impeachment Scare (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.