Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,830 members, 7,820,911 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:17 AM

Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) - Crime (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) (85063 Views)

Deborah Samuel: Aftermath Of The Sokoto Student's Lynching (Graphic Photo) / Lekki Shootings: We Hid Behind Barricades To Escape, Say Eyewitnesses / One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Nigeriabiafra80: 2:17pm On Oct 23, 2020
Proudlyngwa:

Mention government sponsored hoodlums that did what they were accused of
Apo we saw how government suv picks and drop stick wielding thugs off in the street
We watch captured thugs confess after being beaten
We saw same group setting cars ablaze at apo
Lagos ,we were able to identify some thugs,they have not been arrested by now
We have names and pictorial evidence
Yet government are still adamant to go after them,why?
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by olumide4christ: 2:19pm On Oct 23, 2020
Oizee:
are you in a security system? How can you think all dat destruction from the start was d work of d genuine protesters?

Good...I like how you have gone further to qualify protesters as genuine....meaning that there were also fake protesters with ulterior motives. Those are the ones who in addition to the list of atrocities that I mentioned have vandalized shops, shopping Malls, ATMs, banks, etc while chanting #EndSars.
The government also sponsored these fake protesters (thugs) to destroy shopping Malls, banks, ATMs, an Oba's palace, Governor Sanwo-Olu's own mother's house, BRT buses owned by government, NPA building, police stations, owned by government!!...to what aim and motive? Who insures the banks against money theft? Is it not the same government through the NDIC that would bear the brunt of paying for the insurance?
Please give us a break! This is not Hollywood or Nollywood!

These vandals aligned themselves with the protesters chanting#Endsars..but for ulterior motives...short and simple!

My Uber driver told me of his colleague whose car windscreen was smashed by protesters gathering at a spot while carrying a passenger in a trip...the guy is at a loss on what to tell the owner of the car. I don't know what that poor guy will say when he sees what you wrote up there.

You people have always tried to paint all the protesters as saints whereas the protesters were the ones who shutdown the whole of Lagos, infringing on the rights of other citizens to free movement, causing blockades, preventing children from going to school, preventing sick people from getting to the hospital, preventing others from going to work and business to make a living..and so on.

How saintly and holy is that kind of behavior, if I may ask? What you are trying to tell us is that if the protesters became leaders of this country, they would trample on our fundamental human rights just like the politicians they are protesting against.
Would that not be like moving from frying pan to fire?
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 23, 2020
olumide4christ:

Peaceful protesters that disobey a curfew order...are those peaceful protesters?
You will never win the case against the government in a law court.
If government said there was a curfew but you were still protesting when the curfew was on, if you are shot at, I tell you that you can no longer cling to your right to protest!
Go and Google the meaning of curfew, state of emergency and also Google the limits of your right to protest.
Your fellow Nigerians in Egypt started EndSars protests over there, they were arrested because it's illegal in Egypt to protest. They have been begging Abike Dabiri of Nigerians in Diaspora Commission to intervene and effect their release.
You have right to protest but it's subject to the laws of the land where you find yourself. No individual is bigger than the country or it's constitution.
That's what Falz and co should have told you people, but they preferred to play to the gallery or perhaps they don't even know.
God bless you. I've asked this question time and time again, yet no one could proffer solution. What is the rationale of a protest after a curfew has been declared? People keep shouting peaceful protesters were killed, yet no one ever mentioned they violated the constitution of Nigeria. They are all shouting ICC ICC... ICC will do nothing when you deliberately violated the laws governing your country. The stupid celebrities who every minutes flaunt their wealths to the youths and make dem feel inferior piloted this pillage, they should be held accountable.
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by olumide4christ: 2:23pm On Oct 23, 2020
franciskaine:
God bless you. I've asked this question time and time again, yet no one could proffer solution. What is the rationale of a protest after a curfew has been declared? People keep shouting peaceful protesters were killed, yet no one ever mentioned they violated the constitution of Nigeria. They are all shouting ICC ICC... ICC will do nothing when you deliberately violated the laws governing your country. The stupid celebrities who every minutes flaunt their wealths to the youths and make dem feel inferior piloted this pillage, they should be held accountable.

Very true, sir!
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Nobody: 2:25pm On Oct 23, 2020
olumide4christ:

Not true.. this your narrative has become very stale..
they had already started burning down police stations, attacking our beloved unarmed RRS men, extorting motorists and commuters, since last week, before the shootings. Are you not in Nigeria?
If you are not, please use Google!
don't mind people who chose to lie rather than say the truth. The curfew was declared in Lagos after 3 police stations were burnt down, and 2 police officers killed. The Lekki shooting was never a reason for the brigandage, it was a planned act of pillage by the large miscreants in Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by lastempero: 2:32pm On Oct 23, 2020
Everyone here can pretend about the whole situation but what do you expect in the poverty capital of the world, people are hungry and when they have opportunity to unleash their anger,it's always like this thats why we should speak out against evil in any way we can. The highly place are really lucky that this whole scene was not started by thugs,it would have been more bloodier

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by marv1: 2:43pm On Oct 23, 2020
PMB , Buratai and Sanwo olu should be blamed .
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by stormborn28(m): 2:50pm On Oct 23, 2020
doggedfighter:
Will they still collect tolls there?
everybody is on the run, you are talking about collecting tolls grin grin grin grin
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by gloriana(f): 2:51pm On Oct 23, 2020
SpicyMimi:
It’s quite unfortunate!

You think you just attacked the government? How many of these politicians use public transports?
You have rendered many jobless and some of these traders and shop owners might be suicidal now.

Wisdom you lack.
freedom and justice always come with a price. Though u may not win every battle, u will be justified if u try
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Alennsar(f): 2:53pm On Oct 23, 2020
SpicyMimi:
It’s quite unfortunate!

You think you just attacked the government? How many of these politicians use public transports?
You have rendered many jobless and some of these traders and shop owners might be suicidal now.

Wisdom you lack.

Same thing happened here in Abuja four days ago. Many taxi was burnt, motor bike and others. There was a man who happens to be a car dealer, ten of his cars was burnt that day.
May God help us

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by stormborn28(m): 2:56pm On Oct 23, 2020
franciskaine:
so any time people want to protest, the next thing is to declare curfew right? Then tell me the right people have in the constitution
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by gloriana(f): 2:57pm On Oct 23, 2020
olumide4christ:

Good...I like how you have gone further to qualify protesters as genuine....meaning that there were also fake protesters with ulterior motives. Those are the ones who in addition to the list of atrocities that I mentioned have vandalized shops, shopping Malls, ATMs, banks, etc while chanting #EndSars.
The government also sponsored these fake protesters (thugs) to destroy shopping Malls, banks, ATMs, an Oba's palace, Governor Sanwo-Olu's own mother's house, BRT buses owned by government, NPA building, police stations, owned by government!!...to what aim and motive? Who insures the banks against money theft? Is it not the same government through the NDIC that would bear the brunt of paying for the insurance?

These vandals aligned themselves with the protesters chanting#Endsars..but for ulterior motives...short and simple!

My Uber driver told me of his colleague whose car windscreen was smashed by protesters gathering at a spot while carrying a passenger in a trip...the guy is at a loss on what to tell the owner of the car. I don't know what that poor guy will say when he sees what you wrote up there.

You people have always tried to paint all the protesters as saints whereas the protesters were the ones who shutdown the whole of Lagos, infringing on the rights of other citizens to free movement, causing blockades, preventing children from going to school, preventing sick people from getting to the hospital, preventing others from going to work and business to make a living..and so on.

How saintly and holy is that kind of behavior, if I may ask? What you are trying to tell us is that if the protesters became leaders of this country, they would trample on our fundamental human rights just like the politicians they are protesting against.
I fail to see ur point
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by dasparrow: 2:58pm On Oct 23, 2020
sucess001:
We were one of the poorest countries before this...imagine how much poorer we have become. Some of you instigating violence and saying burn it all. You think you won't be affected?

Think again.

Further job losses

There were hardly any jobs to begin with. If they were, many Nigerian youths wouldn't be so angry. If there were jobs available or soft loans to start businesses with, we won't have so many unemployed youths, many who are poor and have turned into hoodlums because there is no way out of their poverty.

In Nigeria, no matter how smart you are, no matter how innovative you are, no matter how educated you are, if you don't have the right connections, you won't find a job in Nigeria. Nepotism is the order of the day and that is very unfortunate.
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by sofiscatedmoron: 2:59pm On Oct 23, 2020
CoderX:
I support shoot on sight for any criminal found burning properties and looting. angry
Those are the ones who ruined everything.

The government too must be held responsible cos we all saw their tactics when they started deploying thugs, there is evidence for this. They escalated things by killing their own people.

People like Nnamdi Kanu and Adamu Garba must also be brought to book for inciting violence through tribalism!

But for now the burning and looting must be stopped cos criminals are on the loose already.
I agree with u,
Your fathers must be brought to nook for inciting violence through tribalism to

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Earnonline7: 3:03pm On Oct 23, 2020
really
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Iceberg3: 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2020
[s]
CoderX:
I support shoot on sight for any criminal found burning properties and looting. angry

The government too must be held responsible cos we all saw their tactics when they started deploying thugs, there is evidence for this. They escalated things by killing their own people.

People like Nnamdi Kanu and Adamu Garba must also be brought to book for inciting violence through tribalism!

But for now the burning and looting must be stopped cos criminals are on the loose already.[/s]

You are a big ....@40
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Pesuzok(m): 3:11pm On Oct 23, 2020
maynia:

There are enormous videos, look for it yourself.

Are you not even bothered about the one I showed you? Why should government sponsor thugs to destroy government properties?

You also want ogun video, COW? cheesy
The government did really bad by hiring thugs to disrupt peaceful protest, shame on them.

But we also know that hoodlums were the ones that looted these shops and were not government sponsored.

Let's call a spade a spade
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by ahiboilandgas: 3:15pm On Oct 23, 2020
Lilymax:

Ignited?? TF are u talking about? Hold the responsible people and lock up
The Chairman of non-profit organisation, Anap Foundation, Atedo Peterside, has advised social media influencers in the country to be cautious in their engagement with their followers.

He was reacting to the #EndSARS protests against police brutality in the last two weeks majorly championed by social media influencers.
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by amiskurie(m): 3:17pm On Oct 23, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
where is davido and his cohorts come and see what u ignited
I a fan of Davido but I think we need to close our borders and arrest all the celebrities and bloggers who ignite violence. They need to face the music.
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Nobody: 3:18pm On Oct 23, 2020
Pesuzok:

The government did really bad by hiring thugs to disrupt peaceful protest, shame on them.

But we also know that hoodlums were the ones that looted these shops and were not government sponsored.

Let's call a spade a spade

How did you differentiate between the government sponsored thugs and hoodlums?
And how did you know it was hoodlums and not government sponsored thugs?
Have you forgotten those sponsored thugs also destroyed, maim and hurt citizen?

Those mayhem were caused by government sponsored thug
yes there are enormous proofs

Everybody knows that except northerners

Check

https://twitter.com/bertram_hill1/status/1318248049492299776?s=19
https://twitter.com/I_Am_Ilemona/status/1318569415072489473?s=19
https://twitter.com/rosemaryfelix81/status/1318584904800665607?s=19
https://twitter.com/voteandstay/status/1318618551016620033?s=19
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Oizee(f): 3:19pm On Oct 23, 2020
olumide4christ:

I completely agreed with you, I never disputed the fact that some thugs were also in the street in d name of protesting. I have said it that, anyone caught destroying in d name of protest should be dealt with seriously.
Everything u wrote up there seems u were really in support of what d Army did.
Cutting the head off is never a treatment for headache.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by felzokugo(m): 3:20pm On Oct 23, 2020
Edopesin:

You mean you want the looting to go on with no one to stop them? I pray if you go looting you will be unfortunate to meet law enforcement so that the prayers of store owners will be answered
i tot u have sense...na empty skull i dey react to.
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by gloriana(f): 3:20pm On Oct 23, 2020
franciskaine:
please I'd like to know, according to our constitution, what's d penalty for violating a curfew. Just in case it has been changed. N leave d celebrities out of this, they r like every other citizen. Its not their fault that u have not made it yet. If they didn't come out n things didn't go bad, u will still criticize them tomorrow for not coming out
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by JBoss25(m): 3:23pm On Oct 23, 2020
CoderX:

But for now the burning and looting must be stopped cos criminals are on the loose already.
shoot on sight cheesy fem comes to mind
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by JBoss25(m): 3:24pm On Oct 23, 2020
Iceberg3:
[s]

You are a big ....@40
oga stop all this keyboard rant and go and beat him
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Nobody: 3:25pm On Oct 23, 2020
JBoss25:
shoot on sight cheesy fem comes to mind
lol
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by 360clips: 3:31pm On Oct 23, 2020
They had it coming! People are so angry and frustrated! Imagine not being able to feed for days! Do you know how angry someone can be! And when Covid came, people that where surviving on the streets to just eat a 1square meal! What was left for them? Nothing! This Nigerian government is an abomination! They're Absolutely evil! They care for nobody by themselves! Absolute wicked monsters! Then the police and SARS are now killing young boys all because theyre doing good! Is it a fvucking crime to drive a good clean ride?! Then the useless politicians fvucking the whole country up, you see them hailing them and protecting this stupid theives! This is an accumulation of angry and frustration being poured out! When they imposed the lockdown for many weeks, do you know how people where suffering! People that where surviving on the streets to just feed, even the ones selling igbo to just feed. Wtf do they do? The government didn't even help with food and basic essentials to survive. They just locked the whole place down! This is what spiked all this anger! Do you know the anger it takes to loot a whole shoprite like that?! That's what caused this!
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by olumide4christ: 3:32pm On Oct 23, 2020
gloriana:
I fail to see ur point

No wahala...you can move on to the next post then.

Happy weekend!
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 23, 2020
stormborn28:
so any time people want to protest, the next thing is to declare curfew right? Then tell me the right people have in the constitution
curfew was declared because 3 police stations were burnt down. This was even B4 the Lekki episode.
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by dasparrow: 3:53pm On Oct 23, 2020
friday2011:

In as much as I strongly condemn this acts of vandalism, I want you to know that every struggles come with negative effects.

As exposed and western as the Americans are, we see the amount of looting and lawlessness that came with there own police brutality against blacks earlier in the year.

Please note this:
What the people in government are doing to you is much more worse than the looting you are seeing in lagos and other parts of the country...

Most of our parents in there 50s 60s and 70s regretted not speaking up in there own time... Now that the current crop of youths have woken up and asking for good governance, accountability, equal rights and justice for all, all you could do is blame them for the violence and looting that came after which most sane nigerians know that it was sponsored by elements in government.

May God Almighty give us understanding and may our own kids not ask us "dad, mum, why did you allow things to get this bad"

I agree with most of what you wrote. However, know that some of our parents did speak up and were attacked by the Nigerian military government of the day. Remember Fela Kuti's mom? She was an activist back in her day. Guess what happened to her? Nigerian government sent thousands of military personnel to her home where she resided and she was thrown out of a second-floor window. The injuries Mrs Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti sustained from that military attack is what eventually led to her death on April 13, 1978. She was buried May 5, 1978 in Abeokuta.

Remember Ken Saro Wiwa? He was another Nigerian activist from the Niger Delta region. He led a peaceful protest for the environmental and human rights of the Ogoni people because Shell and other multinational oil companies had destroyed Ogoniland with oil spills and the Nigerian government ruled by Northern Nigerians never cared. Guess what happened to him? The Nigerian military government under General Sani Abacha executed Ken Saro Wiwa on November 10, 1995 along with his 8 co-defendants. They were hanged. The Nigerian military government took over Ogoniland and subjected the indigenous populace there to mass arrest, rape and execution while Nigerian military looted and burnt down Ogoni villages.

See pictures of Mrs Funmilayo Ransome-Kuti, Ken Saro Wiwa and Ogoniland below.

These are just 2 of many Nigerians of our parents and grandparents generation who wanted better for Nigeria and Nigerians and lost their lives in the process because the Nigerian government are mostly sell outs who collaborate with western world government leaders to keep Nigerians and indeed Africans in a continuous state of abject poverty.

There is a reason why Nigerian government got rid of history from Nigeria's educational curriculum to keep younger generation of Nigerians in the dark about Nigeria's sordid past.

The fact of the matter is, Nigerian government has always used it's military to kill it's citizens. That is why I am not surprised that Nigerian military killed peaceful protesters at Lekki toll gate on Tuesday of this week. History always has a way of repeating itself when we don't learn from the mistakes of the past.

Let us never claim that our parents or grandparents generation did nothing to try and better Nigeria. Some of them did and lost their lives trying. Thank you.

Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by stormborn28(m): 3:59pm On Oct 23, 2020
franciskaine:
curfew was declared because 3 police stations were burnt down. This was even B4 the Lekki episode.
and the soldiers now used Brut force... Do you know that if the soldiers hadnt acted otherwise, the damage done wouldn't have taken place ....moreover lekki wasn't a flash point at that time
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by dasparrow: 4:24pm On Oct 23, 2020
I strongly condemn looting but Nigerians must understand that it is no longer business as usual. It is time we Nigerians hold our leaders accountable. Don't think you can escape to the western world because the time has come when even the western world many of you want to escape to is no longer safe for the African. Racism, white supremacy and fascism is becoming the order of the day there.

If we don't change Nigeria now, it will eventually implode from within. For those of you with mansions and walls as high as the wall of Jericho surrounding your property, don't ever think you are safe. When you live in a society where a greater number of the population are dirt poor, know that a time will come when the dirt poor will feast on you who are wealthy because you are outnumbered by them.

What you see happening today in Nigeria is an outcry from the poor who are stuck living in a country that has made upward mobility practically impossible. War is imminent in Nigeria if people cannot find a way to earn a living and feed themselves and their families.

Your politicians are in partnership with the Europeans, Americans, Asians and Arabs to keep you Nigerians impoverished but many of you sadly don't see it that way. You don't realize that the West does not want to see a prosperous Nigeria or Africa and are at work diligently with your leaders to keep you in a perpetual state of hopelesssness and abject poverty.

Time is ticking. If you don't turn your country around, you will have no country to call your own someday. You will be refugees in other people's lands where you will be treated with disdain and forever reminded that you are a foreigner even if you hold citizenship for that particular country.

Create the country of your dreams now or live to regret it later. The choice is yours.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Woman Who Set Husband Ablaze Commits Suicide / 2 Men handle Lady’s Breasts, Lure Her Into Sex Romp / Friends Of Jennifer Ugadu Mourn Her, After She Was Raped To Death (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.