Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,728 members, 7,816,994 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:28 PM

Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) (85023 Views)

Deborah Samuel: Aftermath Of The Sokoto Student's Lynching (Graphic Photo) / Lekki Shootings: We Hid Behind Barricades To Escape, Say Eyewitnesses / One shot dead as protesters burn police van in front of Lekki Shoprite (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Charly68: 11:51am On Oct 23, 2020
Lagosians have caused serious headache for their Governor.. he is going through stress already..in any case he seems to be a master of emergency situation with the way he handled Corrona virus breakout. His master too has run for his life. Desperate guys were ready to bring down the roof on him and that he knew and flew away. The dust will soon set and Nigeria shall be great again. Let Abuja politicians shine their eyes and stop their oppression..no room for nonsense anymore. Able youths God bless you and R.IP to those who paid supreme price to liberate the land.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by felzokugo(m): 11:52am On Oct 23, 2020
Edopesin:
Where is the military? This is no protest
Hmmmm?? Millitary again...u dey think well so?
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Oluwaseun2020(m): 11:56am On Oct 23, 2020
DisLifeSha:
Aftermath of destroying yourself
wetin concern you? na your property? ??
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Nobody: 11:56am On Oct 23, 2020
I really dont understand what Osibanjo and the senate are doing there?? why is he not speaking up, why is he afraid to die when he will go down in history as the person that saved Nigeria, if he knows Buhari is not alive as a human being , why dont he escalate the issue to the international commitee for buhari to be impeached,

i think why he's not saying anything is because he feels he was not put there by the people but by political connection.
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Edopesin: 11:56am On Oct 23, 2020
GeneralShepherd:

You fail to understand the theory of social contract. When the social contract fails. Everything is off the best

Truck load of trash talk

No matter what you say you cannot justify the looting and destruction of government property

We cannot blame the government for their unfair treatment and still blame them for the destruction of public properties that is completely our doing

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 23, 2020
xolocious:
Things fall apart...

IN SOME CASES IT IS NECCESARY FOR THINGS TO FALL APART SO THINGS CAN FALL IN LINE.
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Oizee(f): 11:59am On Oct 23, 2020
CoderX:

So what should happen now? The looting and destruction should be allowed to continue? If it affects you your eye will clear oo. Criminals and ex-convicts are on the loose, that's a clear cut indication that insecurity may be an issue soon...
I have said it countless times, anyone caught in the street misbehaving right now should be thoroughly dealt with. I only quote dat guy based on what he said, hoodlums were attacking protesters initially, Army shot on the unarmed protesters and hoodlums took advantage of d situation to wreck havoc everywhere in d name of being angry.
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Edopesin: 11:59am On Oct 23, 2020
felzokugo:
Hmmmm?? Millitary again...u dey think well so?

You mean you want the looting to go on with no one to stop them? I pray if you go looting you will be unfortunate to meet law enforcement so that the prayers of store owners will be answered
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by olumide4christ: 12:01pm On Oct 23, 2020
maynia:

Which curfew?
The curfew that was shifted to 9pm, soldiers were already shooting before 7pm.
And why is it that they only shot at lekki?, Was it the only place they defy the so called 'curfew'?

Those mayhem were caused by government sponsored thug
yes there are enormous proofs

Everybody knows that except northerners

Check

https://twitter.com/bertram_hill1/status/1318248049492299776?s=19
https://twitter.com/I_Am_Ilemona/status/1318569415072489473?s=19
https://twitter.com/rosemaryfelix81/status/1318584904800665607?s=19

So your only evidences are from the same Twitter that was used to start this mess...the same Twitter that has been used as a medium for a lot of fake news in the last few days...some of which the people that initially posted them have gone to delete the posts after discovering that they were no true.
It's government sponsored thugs that went to destroy NPA building, where one of my pastor works. He sent me pictures yesterday of the carnage...it's government that did that to itself. Government attacked its own police men, destroyed it's own police stations, destroyed it's own toll plaza where it makes a hell of a lot of money from... should I go on?
I know you people watch a lot of movies but sorry, your government sponsored thugs narrative has gone stale since Wednesday. You and the entire protest are just being used as pawns in a very large chess game which is bigger than you can ever fathom. Deal with it. My pastor who works in NPA also said something along that line besides things flying all over social media.

Don't worry, by the time Twitter has been used to complete the carnage, you and all those who love to use it will deactivate your account. I will never base my conclusions and opinions on what comes out of Twitter. Twitter has proved to us that it's even more powerful than a US guided missile. Never Again!

A word is enough for the wise!

BTW...I'm Olumide, not a Northerner, not a Bigot!

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Oizee(f): 12:02pm On Oct 23, 2020
olumide4christ:

Not true.. this your narrative has become very stale..
they had already started burning down police stations, attacking our beloved unarmed RRS men, extorting motorists and commuters, since last week, before the shootings. Are you not in Nigeria?
If you are not, please use Google!
are you in a security system? How can you think all dat destruction from the start was d work of d genuine protesters?
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by masui(m): 12:04pm On Oct 23, 2020
agbojm:
Sometimes things need to fall Apart before they fall in place

Sense will never depart from you.

No pain. No gain
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by BigBrother9ja: 12:05pm On Oct 23, 2020
agbojm:
Sometimes things need to fall Apart before they fall in place
Because e never touch u abi?
Smh

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Queseda: 12:07pm On Oct 23, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
Why has Protests stopped?

This is the right time to aggressively push the #EndSARS campaign.
grin grin grin grin
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 23, 2020
olumide4christ:
[s][/s]

So your only evidences are from the same Twitter that was used to start this mess...the same Twitter that has been used as a medium for a lot of fake news in the last few days...some of which the people that initially posted them have gone to delete the posts after discovering that they were no true.
It's government sponsored thugs that went to destroy NPA building, where one of my pastor works. He sent me pictures yesterday of the carnage...it's government that did that to itself. Government attacked its own police men, destroyed it's own police stations, destroyed it's own toll plaza where it makes a hell of a lot of money from... should I go on?
I know you people watch a lot of movies but sorry, your government sponsored thugs narrative has gone stale since Wednesday. You and the entire protest are just being used as pawns in a very large chess game which is bigger than you can ever fathom. Deal with it. My pastor who works in NPA also said something along that line besides things flying all over social media.
Don't worry, by the time Twitter has been used to complete the carnage, you and all those who love to use it will deactivate your account. I will never base my conclusions and opinions on what comes out of Twitter. Twitter has proved to us that it's even more powerful than a US guided missile. Never Again!

A word is enough for the wise!

BTW...I'm Olumide, not a Northerner, not a Bigot!

Those mayhem were caused by government sponsored thug
yes there are enormous proofs

Everybody knows that except northerners

Check

https://twitter.com/bertram_hill1/status/1318248049492299776?s=19
https://twitter.com/I_Am_Ilemona/status/1318569415072489473?s=19
https://twitter.com/rosemaryfelix81/status/1318584904800665607?s=19
https://twitter.com/voteandstay/status/1318618551016620033?s=19

If you are purposely lying may your children die a more gruesome DEATH

Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by djon78(m): 12:09pm On Oct 23, 2020
ezegold4we:
The Yoruba region Lost both The battle and the war when they Left their region and oppositional influence and aligned with the fulanis,

Today, the most educated and sophisticated region is becoming a national joke and sacrificial Lamb ,

You people are really enjoying your fake change, This is Just the beginning, the next place the cabals Will destroy is 3rd main land bridge, The battle for 2023 has Just begun.

Honestly I was shocked with what transpired in Lagos
I was shocked beyond disbelief

Lagos that used to stand out from the pack
Just went to the dogs

Foreign investors will be terribly scared
A place that's known for relative peace
It's very heart breaking

2 Likes

Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by masui(m): 12:10pm On Oct 23, 2020
shocked shocked shocked

The once beautiful Lekki toll gate.

This uprising has brought out the beast in us.

Warsaw was even beautiful than this after Hitler's invasion
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Nobody: 12:10pm On Oct 23, 2020
[s]
CoderX:
I support shoot on sight for any criminal found burning properties and looting. angry
Those are the ones who ruined everything.

The government too must be held responsible cos we all saw their tactics when they started deploying thugs, there is evidence for this. They escalated things by killing their own people.

People like Nnamdi Kanu and Adamu Garba must also be brought to book for inciting violence through tribalism!

But for now the burning and looting must be stopped cos criminals are on the loose already.
[/s]

You belong in the 16th century.
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Angrymode: 12:10pm On Oct 23, 2020
CoderX:
I support shoot on sight for any criminal found burning properties and looting. angry

The government too must be held responsible cos we all saw their tactics when they started deploying thugs, there is evidence for this. They escalated things by killing their own people.

People like Nnamdi Kanu and Adamu Garba must also be brought to book for inciting violence through tribalism!

But for now the burning and looting must be stopped cos criminals are on the loose already.

It's from shooting looters and criminals being shot on sight that will lead to shooting innocent people like you on sight too. Be supporting brutality and fatality all in the name of handling criminality.

No one deserves to be shot on sight without given a chance to surrender. You need reforming just like our wayward police system.

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Bgetto: 12:10pm On Oct 23, 2020
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Bgetto: 12:12pm On Oct 23, 2020
djon78:

Honestly I was shocked with what transpired in Lagos
I was shocked beyond disbelief

Lagos that used to stand out from the pack
Just went to the dogs

Foreign investors will be terribly scared
A place that's known for relative peace
It's very heart breaking

Blg lies https://www.facebook.com/100044151353070/posts/227089452106098
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Nickymezor(f): 12:13pm On Oct 23, 2020
Its well.. Ozoemena.
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Horus(m): 12:14pm On Oct 23, 2020
CoderX:

I don't know, but anyone who joins in looting should be shot to death.

What about politicians looters in the government?
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Queseda: 12:15pm On Oct 23, 2020
Franzinni:
Hahaha they said I was a Fulani buharist haha

This was why I was wailing on nairaland but they came for my head ...brandished me all sort of names

For my love for my people o .. Now see the lekki..

People who were shouting burn it all down are now looking for police to help them kill the useless thieving thugs

They are even suggesting "head shot" haha the very same people that called me name are asking that "youth" should be given head shot for taking the opportunity afforded them by the revolution.

This is what happens when we let emotions lead !!

I don't know we still have sensible youths like you. You're very much on point

1 Like

Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by ibedun: 12:17pm On Oct 23, 2020
pooozeee:
I need a licensed pistol for personal protection

What do you need the license for?
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by piagetskinner(m): 12:22pm On Oct 23, 2020
Thugs had to disrupt the legitimacy of things we were asking from government.. it’s just so sad, one doesn’t even know where to start repairing Nigeria from.

Bastard thugs had to loot innocent people’s shops and Cart away with their sweat and blood.. it will never be well with them

Army no see those people to scatter their brains oo.. na innocent protesters in lekki they could open fire on.
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by tegrianonigltd(m): 12:23pm On Oct 23, 2020
CoderX:

The monsters they made, they are not criminals
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by ibedun: 12:23pm On Oct 23, 2020
Eriokanmi:
What a balanced comment. Ko ni baje fun e

Looting started after the shooting and hijacked by another group of youths called hoodlums who were not among the peaceful protesters. I've watched several viral videos earlier on, in which some hoodlums dared the police or army to shoot and they'd retaliate. I thought it was a joke, then it happened. One of them even said if dem shoot tar, we go retaliate with tar, tar, tar and if dem shoot tartartar, we go retaliate with gboooarrr and it happened. Our government is our worst enemies always playing hide and seek game to achieve their selfish gains. Why deploy hoodlums to attack peaceful protesters who aren't even after you? They'd not talk about this but about the aftermath. The gullible people who are in support of them too would not give them good advice instead, they'd come to social media after it all happened to do useless damage control to fools like them who would believe them, hook, line and sinker. I pray lootong and shootings stop and our government would give way for dialogue. Strong head no dey rule any country successfully ooh. Had they seen for dialogue, all these nonsense wouldn't have happened. They used force on them. This is very wrong

Know what I’ll like to do to you? tar tar tar tar!!!!
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Horus(m): 12:24pm On Oct 23, 2020
CoderX:

So what should happen now? The looting and destruction should be allowed to continue? If it affects you your eye will clear oo. Criminals and ex-convicts are on the loose, that's a clear cut indication that insecurity may be an issue soon...

The looting by corrupt politicians create more destruction for the evonomy, and should not be allowed to continue #EndCorruption
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by macjireh: 12:24pm On Oct 23, 2020
Officialgarri:
At least two vans of armed mobile police should be staged at every major location.

If hoodlums come around, warn them off with a PAS grant them safe and unhindered passage but if they do otherwise , engage them and kill about 5 of them.

If this happens in two major places, they will be forced to retreat.
so u still advocate more killings after wat has happened,,, d only tin dat will calm D's country is for buhari to step down while a transitional government is set up to finish d rest of d administration...nobody wants buhari again
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by Eriokanmi: 12:25pm On Oct 23, 2020
ibedun:

Know what I’ll like to do to you? tar tar tar tar!!!!
for your mind grin
Re: Aftermath Of Lekki Shootings & Looting: Lekki Becomes A Shadow Of Itself (Video) by OmoManU: 12:26pm On Oct 23, 2020
doggedfighter:
Will they still collect tolls there?

that's only you people's concern, sheybi it's the progress of lagos and the Yoruba race that is making you people sad, una see anything, lagos will rise again and rise better

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Woman Who Set Husband Ablaze Commits Suicide / Friends Of Jennifer Ugadu Mourn Her, After She Was Raped To Death (Photos) / 2 Men handle Lady’s Breasts, Lure Her Into Sex Romp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.