Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:49 AM

Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test (21710 Views)

Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari Sacked Two Ministers To Cover Up Failures / Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Eight Years Is A Passing Phase; Nigerians Should Endure / Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari’s Comments Confirm Fraud In 2019 Polls (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by prejohn234: 7:50am On Oct 23, 2020
I knew from day one that he didn't have anything to say concerning Lekki killings and genocide. They delayed him to prepare sweet statement for him to read to the citizens.
I am not surprised, he is the leader of Fulani herdsmen, who does not value human lives.
As a soldier, they were trained to respect national flag and national anthem of the country anywhere they were. What do you see instead at Lekki, the protesters were singing the national anthem as well as holding the national flag but they defy this and shelling the unarmed youths with bullets killing many of them.
Can we say these killers were soldiers or Fulani herdsmen in soldiers uniform arranged by powers to be in Nigeria?
Who send for them and where were they kept around the location?
This is an issue I expect Mr president to think about and addressed.
Mr president need to face the trial along with all the security chiefs
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Kenny9857(m): 7:52am On Oct 23, 2020
JudasNaCarrot:
Since he is not a Nigerian, what do you expect.

See the difference.....
Wetin those zombie go tell you be say baba don dey chop wella na that make him look fresh for that new pic
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Essence20(m): 7:54am On Oct 23, 2020
seunlayi:
Very sad that we have allow ourselves to be pushed this backward.

Below is what Jonathan and others said less than 6 years ago. Can those that disagreed with me and tongue lashed me read this again to refresh their memories.

Goodluck Jonathan on Friday during a rally in Enugu said that the All Progressives Congress candidate, Gen. Muhammadu Buhari (retd), cannot remember his own mobile phone number.

Jonathan, whose unscripted address was mostly a response to previous statements made by Buhari, accused the APC presidential candidate of deceiving Nigerians by promising to revive the economy without explaining how he would achieve the feat.

The President wondered how Buhari would develop the country’s economy, a feat he could not achieve while he was in office as head of state between 1983 and 1985.

“Is it now that Buhari cannot even remember his own phone number that he can change the economy of the country.” Jonathan asked.

The Peoples Democratic Party presidential candidate said that although he did not like to “go personal during campaigns,” “sometimes circumstances demand that certain things must be said.”

Jonathan said that Buhari belonged to the medieval age, adding that he (the APC candidate) intended to run the Federal Government as a medieval king.

He said, “We cannot run the government as if we are in the medieval age; we cannot run a government where somebody said he would throw people into jail.

“You are not a medieval king – a medieval king can throw you into jail but we have to follow the rule of law because we cannot go back to the old days.”

Jonathan, however, read the speech made by Gen. Ibrahim Babangida (rtd.) after overthrowing Buhari’s regime through a military coup on August 27, 1985 to justify his claim that the APC candidate does not keep his promises.

Babangida, in the portions of the address read by Jonathan, justified Buhari’s overthrow by pointing out that the latter did not live up to the promises he made to Nigerians when he ousted a democratically elected civilian government headed by Alhaji Shehu Shagari in a military coup.

Noting that Buhari “deceived Nigerians” from 1983 to 1985, Jonathan quoted Babangida as saying, “The initial objectives of Buhari’s intervention were betrayed as there was a general deterioration of standard of living in the country.”

The PDP candidate also pointed out that Babangida accused Buhari of being “too rigid in his attitude to national issues” and “became alienated from the people” in the course of his stay in power.

He, therefore, challenged Buhari to tell Nigerians how he intends to revive the economy.

Jonathan said, “They are telling young Nigerians that they are going to change the economy but they have not told us how they want to manage the economy more than us.

“If they say they want to change agriculture, they should tell us the weak links in the agriculture value chain and what they want to do about it.

“I said in Lagos that I want to work with young people, not to deceive people.

“I am not going to run the government based on my habits, I am going to run the government according to global best practices.”

Jonathan also insisted that he was committed to the campaign against corruption.

“There is no government that has fought corruption more than we do,” he said, noting that some previous administrations pretended to be fighting corruption while oppressing their enemies.

He recalled that Buhari jailed some prominent Igbo politicians while in office as head of state, including former Vice-President Alex Ekwueme and former governor of old Anambra State, Chief Jim Nwobodo.

Stressing that Buhari jailed politicians on trumped up charges, Jonathan said, “You can no longer carry people and put them in prison for 301 years.”

The President equally accused Buhari of having a wrong idea of corruption.

According to him, Buhari believes that every wealthy Nigerian is corrupt.

He said, “If a Nigerian businessman has a private jet, then you are corrupt but if a South African has a private jet then you commend him.

“If you have a good house, then you are corrupt, if you have a good car then you are corrupt – that is his definition of corruption.”

Jonathan accused his opponent of making spurious claims against him.

The President said, “They are saying that government is corrupt but they are not telling us what they are going to do to stop corruption. Let them go back to their consultants to coach them, then I will listen to them.

“They should tell us how they are going to manage the economy better than we do.

“They are saying we stole foreign reserves, nobody can steal foreign reserves – spurious allegations.”

He also reiterated his claim that Buhari did not equip the military while he was the head of state.

Jonathan said that he had done more than his predecessors to shore up the country’s defence.

“For 30 years, we had only one frigate, now we have four additional frigates,” he said.

In the same vein, he pointed out that Buhari did not find any woman worthy enough for appointment when he was the military head of state.

The President asked Nigerians to assess him and Buhari by looking at how they performed during their respective periods in office.

He said, “They have deceived us before and they want to deceive us again.

“Go and find out whether these people are deceiving you or are telling you the truth.

“People are assessing me because I have run this country for some years – they have run this country for two years.

“They came with promises but immediately they came in, what they did was to jail Jim Nwobodo for 201 years

Nairaland 2015

http://www.punchng.com/news/buhari-cant-remember-his-phone-number-jonathan/
GEJ obviously saw it coming but we were blinded by quest for an illusionary 'change'

1 Like

Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Fcwilly: 7:55am On Oct 23, 2020
It's only the president that's looking younger since 2015, go check fashola, check all the 36 state govenogors even Garba sheu they are looking older than before, but PMB look 25yrs younger.
who will tell me what I don't know ? please.
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Nobody: 7:55am On Oct 23, 2020
dukeprince50:
PDP wouldn't have done any better, they were there for 16yrs, yet they ended up destroying the system.
Today we are reaping the dividend of what they set up for 16yrs, In a country where u have to be connected to get 30k job but do not need connection when they need ur votes.
PDP are the last people who I want to see criticizing Buhari.
the youths better make use of this new found love in 2023 and reform the system, both APC and PDP are evil.

lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique seun

Polithiefcians and Policemen needs to be taught very bitter lessons. They are the major oppressors of the common man. While the former use their position to oppress, the latter use gun to oppress. If revolution starts now, none of them will be spared to live. They have now result to begging. Shameless cowards.
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Kenny9857(m): 7:57am On Oct 23, 2020
sammirano:

You people are too blind to see the truth. Because maybe you are deluded. If a govt is bad, get your pvc and do the needful in the next election. Not resorting to senseless activities. Use your brain if you have any.
Did I just hear you say PVC ?
In a country where snatching of ballots boxes are legal
Where buying of votes are something celebrated ?
Can't you yourself that has brain think deep too ? I don't care if buhari speak or not but are you not tired of defending all these old failures ?
Mind you, I already have my PVC since and I'm waiting for the time to come okay ?
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by mnwogu(m): 7:58am On Oct 23, 2020
dukeprince50:
PDP wouldn't have done any better, they were there for 16yrs, yet they ended up destroying the system.
Today we are reaping the dividend of what they set up for 16yrs, In a country where u have to be connected to get 30k job but do not need connection when they need ur votes.
the youths better make use of this new found love in 2023 and reform the system, both APC and PDP are evil.

Keep bleeping.
How much was a bag of rice during the era PDP destroyed the economy?
How much was the prices of all staple foods?
How much was the price of a litre of fuel?
Oga, I am not a PDP or APC person. I am for good governance. But if the thrash u just posted up there is how u reason, then u are too far from waking up to realities.
Keep blaming PDP. Nonesense...
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by nograv: 7:58am On Oct 23, 2020
Pr0cter:
My remark to those who have been paid to do damage control in order to deny the killings done by the government.

It shall never be well with your generation. Many of you are doing this because you had no family members that were killed during the Lekki peaceful protest.

This current situation in Nigeria had taught me never to believe or trust anyone especially the media, politicians, religious leaders and others.

Nairaland that I use to have much prestige for has been compromised and perhaps paid to cover the ills of our terrible government.

All I know is that the APC government must go. Inclusive of all old and corrupt politicians.

Sanwo Olu would loose if he runs for second term. Definitely.

Yorubas are my brothers and sisters
Igbos are my brothers and sister
Hausas are my brothers and sisters
Nigerians are my brothers and sisters
Muslims are my brothers and sisters
Christians are my brothers and sisters
Traditional worshipers are my brothers and sisters

Well said, I too have been disappointed by this forum.. So many govt posters spreading fake news trying to divide southern posters..

A real shame... I have hate only for the Northern political elite who has ruled us so badly that we have come to this point..

1 Like

Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by courage9(m): 7:59am On Oct 23, 2020
Buhari himself is aware but he has no other choice because he is currently incapacitated....

This government is doomed......
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Teejay13(m): 8:01am On Oct 23, 2020
The president speech has a gross deficiency - oladimeji (PDP Member)

A speech coming after scores of life have been lost already.

Oga buhari seriously you are not helping matters in this country at all at all.
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by brainhgeek(m): 8:01am On Oct 23, 2020
If any youth still believes Buhari has him/her in mind, it was you Jesus saw before saying 'it is finished'.
I remember when Yusuf Buhari had a bike accident. Abuja stood still that day. Now, the sons and daughters of common men are massacred and Buhari shows no empathy.
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Phosphate: 8:03am On Oct 23, 2020
Very depressing. I wasted my time watching it
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Nobody: 8:08am On Oct 23, 2020
dukeprince50:

Polithiefcians and Police.men needs to be taught very bitter lessons. They are the major oppressors of the common man. While the former use their position to oppress, the latter use gun to oppress. If revolution starts now, none of them will be spared to live. They have now result to begging. Shameless cowards.
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Shadysen: 8:08am On Oct 23, 2020
sammirano:
Who needs empathy Buhari has demonstrated true leadership by exerting his position which is extremely needed in this time. When you give Nigerians 1 inch, they will take a yard. I commend the president.
Ass licker.
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 23, 2020
dukeprince50:

I love your peace... I wonder why people are blind to ills of 1999 to 2015... Apc o pdp o All na Criminals...
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 23, 2020
dukeprince50:

Polithiefcians and Police.men needs to be taught very bitter lessons. They are the major oppressors of the common man. While the former use their position to oppress, the latter use gun to oppress. If revolution starts now, none of them will be spar.ed to live. They have now result to begging. Shameless cowards.
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by ShoeShineGuy: 8:11am On Oct 23, 2020
dukeprince50:

Leave them and let them be politicising everything without having a clear focus that none of either APC or PDP has benefited this country. It has been the same set of people crossing Parties like you do while crossing two couches of the same moving train!

1 Like

Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Nobody: 8:14am On Oct 23, 2020
another inciting comment.... if you have nothing to say, keep mute
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Nobody: 8:15am On Oct 23, 2020
dukeprince50:

Polithiefcians and Police.men needs to be taught very bitter lessons. They are the major oppressors of the common man. While the former use their position to oppress, the latter use gun to oppress. If revolution starts now, none of them will be spar.ed to live. They have now result to begging. Shameless cowards.
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Shadysen: 8:18am On Oct 23, 2020
Kingdemu:
One of the downsides of free speech is that it allows every fool with means to disrespect the president and even propagate cheap lies & propaganda to heat up an already tense situation.
You just choose to be a tool
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Holaomoakin(m): 8:18am On Oct 23, 2020
¢
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Holaomoakin(m): 8:19am On Oct 23, 2020
Make the writing of your own speech an act! Nigerians would still listen although you are an opposition.
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Shadysen: 8:21am On Oct 23, 2020
� walker.
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by iramure(m): 8:26am On Oct 23, 2020
Donspicey:

Ok we wont take PDP serious.....But wat of APC,should we take dem serious
bad politicians are in both parties. I will never support any. Both pdp and apc should be rejected come 2023

1 Like

Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Nobody: 8:28am On Oct 23, 2020
Alwaysachick:
A very heartless and brutal dictator. He ordered them, no doubt.
DOES PEOPLE IN LAGOS REALLY A REAL HUMAN BEING SIMPLY BECAUSE SANWO OLU AND TINUBU WHO IS NOT A LAGOSIAN CARRIED OUT THE ATROCITIE
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Nobody: 8:32am On Oct 23, 2020
FAKE INDIGENOUS YOUTH OF LAGOS FAILED TO TELL TINUBU THAT IS NOT A LAGOSIAN he is doing damage to the city of lagos IF YOU KNOW_ U KNOW
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Ategberoson(m): 8:35am On Oct 23, 2020
Nigerians and misplace priority

you want him to talk as if his talk will wake the dead, renovated the properties destroy now he talk you're still blabbing

he talk like a baby, he talk this, he talk that

we need general brain reform before asking Reformation in all our system because Buhari is just like average Nigerians
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by bahaushe1: 8:37am On Oct 23, 2020
PDP should please stay out of this crisis. We want peace please.

We all know Buhari has nothing to offer but let's get rid of him through the most appropriate means: election.
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by orisa37: 8:45am On Oct 23, 2020
He talked like UAO. Unidentified Alien Object.
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by Fearlez: 8:50am On Oct 23, 2020
dukeprince50:
All they know is criticize each other cos either they want power or remain in power. All we want is equity, if we cant get that, at least let us have equality. until we have this, i cant listen to these mannequins we have as leaders

lalasticlala mynd44 Dominique seun.
Nigeria has never had it this bad since living memory. Not even during the civil war were people this miserable.

I don't care about APC or PDP. But Buhari is a divine curse to Nigeria.
Re: Kola Ologbondiyan: Buhari's Speech Was Depressing And Failed Empathy Test by HAccord: 8:52am On Oct 23, 2020
madridguy:
No be by too much talk, na point we need and the koko be say baba ti soro soke. No more Endsars protest nationwide.

Long life Sai Baba

You dey craze!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Court Dismisses FIRS’ Suit Seeking To Stop Rivers Gov’t From Collecting VAT / Ahead Of APC, PDP Primaries: Naira Crashes Further As Aspirants Mop Up Dollars / NLC Rallies Unions Ahead Of 2-Day Nationwide Protest (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.