Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,752 members, 7,817,082 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:53 AM

Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers - Crime (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers (68490 Views)

New Year Fire: Angry Mob Attacks Fire Fighters In Onitsha For Late Arrival / Nigerian Couple Who Enslaved Woman In UK Flee After Mob Attacks Their Home -pics / Mob Attacks 3 Robbery Suspects In Benue (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by persius555(m): 8:59am On Oct 23, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

But when elections come they line up behind the broom and the umbrella

The sad thing about nigerians is that we have been hearing about how nigerians are suffering underthis democratic dispensation, yet when offered a chance to throw out the elites, they take their 500 naira and vote for the same old same old.

And how does s burning down police stations bring about change, other than to attraxt the harsh arm of the same oppreasors?

Go and form a party that will kick out apc. Do the hard work please.For our sakes

You couldn't have said it any better. The youths should get their PVC ready. Join or create parties that share your ideology.
Resist the temptations of taking cash from votes from these oppressors. Defend your vote. Fight for the electoral bill to be passed.

Your PVC and your phone is your tool to resist the oppressors. It was done in Edo. It can be replicated all over the country.

The country belongs to all of us and not politicians alone

6 Likes

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by blacknp(m): 8:59am On Oct 23, 2020
PhiliptheArab:

On the other hand if bubu had been up and doing since 2015, this wont be happening

Leave apc and PDP alone
What should President Buhari have done Almijiri? come to your state to create jobs for you, or encourage you to take advantage of the comparative advantage your state has? Where is the Governor, & elected representatives of your state? Are you not aware The Federal Republic of Nigeria practices a democratic system of Government of The Federal, States, & Local Government?

2 Likes

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Asquare84(m): 9:00am On Oct 23, 2020
Jobless youths

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 23, 2020
EagleNest:
Please violence will not help us. The endsars protest was going in the right order until Tuesday night debacle.
What about edo? This madness was bound to happen so stop with all this crap about Tuesday night, when hoodlums join you for a peaceful protest do you expect the protest to remain peaceful, we failed woefully and I advise all who want to make these our leaders sit up or get out to swallow the Hard Rock and choose leaders of our cause so that we can fight these idiots, we've lost for now.

1 Like

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Nobody: 9:00am On Oct 23, 2020
God help us !

1 Share

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Emilokoiyawon: 9:00am On Oct 23, 2020
Nigerian MUST transition to REGIONALISM ASAP. Let people be able to look at their leaders directly in the eye. Not some idiot hiding in Aso Rock without any meaningful response to the pains of the average Nigerian.

1 Like

Emarc16:

So would this destruction bring the better Nigeria and change we pray for? Las las na me and u go suffer am. The hoodlums won't go to asorock to destroy but visit the homes of the poor masses to unleash more mayhem... let's celebrate till it gets your door step.

It won't.

But it could have been prevented. If sars reform had started right from day one.

As a leader your job is to prevent problems from growing. Or from even starting in the first place
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by MummyIMadeIt: 9:00am On Oct 23, 2020
Kingdemu:
Its no more a secret that a Rebellious group in Southeast called IPOB are tooling for war against other tribes and against some Igbos who don't believe in their Struggle.

Don't ask me how I knew, the Recorded Audio call has gone viral that even a new born baby knows about it.

So my question goes:

1. Why are igbo Political Leaders quiet about it, are they yet to listen to that 15mins Audio call?

2. What about C A N (Christians Associations of Nigeria) why are they quiet, knowing that igbo youths are massively out for blood, are the Excos of (C A N) still writing their speech?

3. Why has Atiku and the PDP decided to ignore that horrible Audio? Have they not listened to it yet? Was Nnamdi Kanu speaking French in the Recorded Audio call? Because as far as I know, Kanu spoke English all through the Audio.

4. Why is no one tagging the UN, US, UK, ICPC, ECOWAS for their intervention?

While I await answers to these daring questions, I would like to let the Ohaneze Ndigbo know that Igbos are sitting on a time bomb ticking to blow in seconds.

Question: Who owns most Plazas and Business empires in Kano, Kaduna, Lagos, Abuja, Sokoto, Plateau, etc?

Answer: Igbos

Questions: Who owns most Estates, Companies and Private properties in Lagos and Abuja?

Question: Who will cry when Yorubas or Hausas decide to retaliate or defend themselves?

You want to destroy Tinubu and other Southwest Politicians but people like Theodore Orji, James Ibori, Diezani, Patience Jonathan, Peter Obi, Okezie Ikpeazu and many other igbo Politicians are dealing with us severely, they are toiling with our future.

Yet, your Problem is Tinubu and Lagos, same Lagos you run to, for Assylum just to be safe from your wicked Governors in the poverty ravaged Southeast? Is this not madness?

When are you going to attack your mishevious Politicians and deal with Leaders there in the Southeast?

Wisdom is far from you... Next time verify your source of info before letting open your polluted mind and loose tongue.

IPOB aint invovled!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by madridguy(m): 9:00am On Oct 23, 2020
How can I have the recorded audio call ?

Kingdemu:
Its no more a secret that a Rebellious group in Southeast called IPOB are tooling for war against other tribes and against some Igbos who don't believe in their Struggle.

Don't ask me how I knew, the Recorded Audio call has gone viral that even a new born baby knows about it.

So my question goes:

1. Why are igbo Political Leaders quiet about it, are they yet to listen to that 15mins Audio call?

2. What about C A N (Christians Associations of Nigeria) why are they quiet, knowing that igbo youths are massively out for blood, are the Excos of (C A N) still writing their speech?

3. Why has Atiku and the PDP decided to ignore that horrible Audio? Have they not listened to it yet? Was Nnamdi Kanu speaking French in the Recorded Audio call? Because as far as I know, Kanu spoke English all through the Audio.

While I await answers to these daring questions, I would like to let the Ohaneze Ndigbo know that Igbos are sitting on a time bomb ticking to blow in seconds.

Question: Who owns most Plazas and Business empires in Kano, Kaduna, Lagos, Abuja, Sokoto, Plateau, etc?

Questions: Who owns most Estates, Companies and Private properties in Lagos and Abuja?

Question: Who will cry when Yorubas or Hausas decide to retaliate or defend themselves?

You want to destroy Tinubu and other Southwest Politicians but people like Theodore Orji, James Ibori, Diezani, Patience Jonathan, Peter Obi, Okezie Ikpeazu and many other igbo Politicians are dealing with us severely, they are toiling with our future.

Yet, your Problem is Tinubu and Lagos, same Lagos you run to, for Assylum just to be safe from your wicked Governors in the poverty ravaged Southeast? Is this not madness?

When are you going to attack your mishevious Politicians and deal with Leaders there in the Southeast?

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by richfriendsng: 9:01am On Oct 23, 2020
Peace is what we are praying for.

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Neddstark: 9:02am On Oct 23, 2020
BonaMagnate:
People have been pushed so hard against the wall; for years their groans and pains only appeared to be signs of the politicians and security forces thinking they're mini-gods. Now its the clouds that have been building up have given up it's waters.

Please stop. Right now, we need peace.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by homosapien(m): 9:02am On Oct 23, 2020
rainerboy1010:
Mehn.... This is a Shame

The Nigerian police is not equip to manage mass protest

In France Police were seen controlling this kind of things well

But here any small thing the Army is deployed .......

Equip the police and train them to handle mass action

Not to tell them to make only return for ogas at the top at junction collecting #50 from motories

These is the actual problem, not equipment whatsoever to work with, you give them Ak 47 and u go to sleep.

Am really disappointed in Lagos state government on how they make mockery of their internal security.

Despite the Lagos state security trust funds, all thru could get is Hilux and few tank's.

Will it be too much for Lagos state to equip RRS with the following

:. Active Denial Systems (ADS): Essentially an open-air microwave oven, this weapon projects beams of radiation to heat the skin of its targets to 130 degrees, forcing them to flee.

:. Net guns: Traditionally used to capture wildlife, guns that shoot and ensnare people in nets have also been adopted by some police forces to catch targets as a form of riot control.

: sleep gases made up of the anesthesia fentanyl were used in 2002 by Russia on Chechen rebels in Moscow.

: Water canons: First used for riot control in Germany in the 1930s, water canons were also used widely in the United States in the 1960s but have since fallen out of favor.

Among others, any of the above method Wii do s good job without been lethal.

2 Likes

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by ignis: 9:02am On Oct 23, 2020
Emotionss:
[color=#006600][/color]

Unfortunately what is happening in oyibo has turned tribalistic. And the army is one sided.

It's always like that...
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by dangotesmummy: 9:03am On Oct 23, 2020
BonaMagnate:
People have been pushed so hard against the wall; for years their groans and pains only appeared to be signs of the politicians and security forces thinking they're mini-gods. Now its the clouds that have been building up have given up it's waters.
you're not seeing the handwritings on the wall.the Nigerian oligarchy Aren't ready to reduce their excesses.they want to continue feeding fat on the backs of the people and if the people dare protest, they're ready to annihilate nigeria through various means- hoodlums/political thugs and miscreants that call themselves soildiers, herdsmen and the notorious bh
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 23, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:
Nigerian MUST transition to REGIONALISM ASAP. Let people be able to look at their leaders directly in the eye. Not some idiot hiding in Aso Rock without any meaningful response to the pains of the average Nigerian.

Regionalism, so that big tribes can oppress small tribes.

We have states for a reason, and it wasnt just because Gowon wanted to steal Ojukwu's thunder in 1967. And then there is the fact Gowon was from a minority tribe too.

Infact we would have had more states if the Constitution didn't make it so hard

1 Like

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Nobody: 9:03am On Oct 23, 2020
October 21st, national holiday for me and "Green" "Red" and "Green" is the flag that would be hoisted
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by czarr(m): 9:04am On Oct 23, 2020
Kingdemu:

So my question goes:

you said we igbos, and then you said your poverty ravaged south east... Do you see that you writing exposed you that you are not from the south east, you are just a paid agent face your tribe.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Nobody: 9:05am On Oct 23, 2020
Matrimonous:

Once it's stop it may never restart in your life time. It's not easy making this happen.
If it never happens again you were all wasting your time then, do you think it's easy to revolutionise the system, ehn. Look at South Africa, how many years did it take them to take down apartheid, the ANC and PAC fought for more than six decades, sometimes it felt like they had won only to find themselves losing, but did they give up, no! Look at where South Africa is today, I don't support this madness that happened in the name of a protest but still, we can still move on, that is if you all don't have courage.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by CleanDesignss(m): 9:05am On Oct 23, 2020
I think it is time for this. Thugs and criminal elements are now using opportunity to commit crimes which is not the reason for the protest.

1 Like

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 23, 2020
blacknp:
What should President Buhari have done Almijiri? come to your state to create jobs for you, or encourage you to take advantage of the comparative advantage your state has? Where is the Governor, & elected representatives of your state? Are you not aware The Federal Republic of Nigeria practices a democratic system of Government of The Federal, States, & Local Government?

Made reforming the police a priority from june 2015 for a start.

That is a problem solved,and an opportunity for his enemies ended.

Sars and its issues have been a slow growing bomb for years.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Shadysen: 9:06am On Oct 23, 2020
Rivers has taken over.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Nobody: 9:06am On Oct 23, 2020
Kingdemu:

So my question goes:

Dangerous and mischievous posts should not be allowed here. Owner of this forum has a duty to ensure that his platform is not used to promote hate.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Ogegod87: 9:06am On Oct 23, 2020
ignis:
They just want to involve IPOB

They are trying hard to divide the United youths.

#unitedwemove
#unityandstrength
#endbadgovernance
#NewNigeria
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Abokinaram: 9:06am On Oct 23, 2020
Just sported this, how can both nta and channels logo appear on one station. Nigerian youth have suffered

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Nobody: 9:07am On Oct 23, 2020
EyezofGod120:
angry let stop this for now like a month and watch the government,, if dem no do wetin we want then we move to abuja and destroy anything, abuja is the main target

Polithiefcians and Policemen need to be taught very bitter lessons. They are the major oppressors of the common man. While the former use their position to oppress, the latter use gun to oppress. If revolution starts now, none of them will be spared to live. But they have now result to subtle begging. Shameless cowards.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by roszilman: 9:07am On Oct 23, 2020
stanliwise:
I am also beginning to suspect thugs and maybe opposing political parties are hijacking this situation. People of the vicinity shouldn’t fall into the trap of civil wars, instead they should find those responsible for the attack and deal with them. Our government has failed us but we can’t fail ourselves. We can let anti people and Babarian’s overtake our homes and streets. If hoodlums wants to help out let them attack the government properties and assets

Just Imagine the most insane and crackhead speech the president made. Having almost no depth nor breadth.
are the ones in lagos, ogun, osun Igbos... Hypocritical pussys. When they shoot the easterners in the name of doing python dance while arresting MNK in umahia, u hates where happy, now they've done crododile smiles in lekki. U gullible people of hates will neva learn dat fulani does not give a Bleep abt any other tribes... U're disgrace to south

2 Likes

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Emilokoiyawon: 9:07am On Oct 23, 2020
PhiliptheArab:
Regionalism, so that big tribes can oppress small tribes.We have states for a reason, and it wasnt just because Gowon wanted to steal Ojukwu's thunder in 1967. And then there is the fact Gowon was from a minority tribe too.Infact we would have had more states if the Constitution didn't make it so hard

Regionalism is far better than this current stupid structure. Why should a Yoruba man/woman, an Igbo man/woman, Ijaw man/woman etc. have to go all the way to Abuja to demands for his/her right as a Nigerian? There is too much power at the center. This is not workable, abeg.
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by Depressed101: 9:07am On Oct 23, 2020
ignis:
They just want to involve IPOB
don't mind those confusionists
Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by imexg(m): 9:08am On Oct 23, 2020
please let us remain in peace

Re: Troops Take Over Oyigbo As Fresh Mob Attacks Hit Rivers by vince49: 9:08am On Oct 23, 2020
Judybash93:
Things will get better only after getting worse. This will put a level of fear in the government for the main time.

put fear in a government. really do u reason before posting this rubbish.

Buhari is being silent and don't mistake it as a sign of weakness.

1 Like 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Agege Unrest: Awawa Boys Steal From Residents / Yahoo Boys "Praying" For Blessings At Shrine in Uromi Edo State (pic And Vid) / EFCC Arrests Yahoo Boy, Michael Jackson Aka 'Ella' In Lagos With Pot Of Juju

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.