Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded (15020 Views)

Emir Of Ilorin: Trending Video Of Protest In The Palace Was Not In Ilorin / What If It Was Nigeria That Was Invaded How Will Our Resistance Be? / 'See How Hurricane Atiku Invaded Katsina, Buhari's State' - Dele Momodu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by Staro: 11:20am On Oct 23, 2020
For those who wants to fly the tribal kite ... sorry, it won't fly
Those who are scratching the surfaces of anything to robe the igbos in, it wont work.

As the Yorùbá Nation continues to witness rampage on the Streets of Lagos, they are wondering what is going on. The troubling targeted arsons of some places in Lagos has been making everyone to wonder.

There has been many theories to explain who were the people behind the burning down of the assets belonging to the APC Leader, Alhaji Bola Tinubu and the palace of Oba Akiolu of Lagos.

But this was the undercurrent that investigation has revealed.

Currently, there is an on-going silent war of supremacy in NURTW in Lagos State. It is between the supporters of the notorious M. C. Oluomo and Kunle Poly for the leadership of the Union.

There has been a feeling among the Lagos indigenes involved in the Union that they are being shortchanged in all things under the auspices of Bola Ahmed Tinubu. His reported penchant to allegedly back foreigners against the interest of indigenes repeatedly was said to be infuriating.

Kunle Poly, an Ìsàlè-Èkó indigene was believed to have lost the leadership of NURTW to M. C. Oluomo because members of the Union were reportedly arm-twisted by Tinubu.

Tinubu was said to have initially preferred remaining neutral and allow the members make their choice of their own volition. But Seyi Tinubu had reportedly intervened on behalf of M. C. Oluomo and forced the hand of Bola Tinubu. Seyi's reason was that Oluomo has been loyal and had to be rewarded.

The supporters of Kunle Poly have not been happy about this situation.

Sources noted that Oluomo had actually shown magnanimity to Kunle Poly and was working together with him. But his (Kunle's) supporters were not assuaged. They were not satisfied.

It was these supporters who were determined to punish Tinubu for his role in installing M. C. Oluomo. Their grouse with Oba Akiolu of Lagos was that he (Akiolu) was seen as a traitor to the Ìsàlè - Èkó interests and was always supporting anything Tinubu did, no matter how hurtful such action was to their interests and fortunes.

The man who was seen in the video clip that went viral, carrying the Staff of Office of Oba Akiolu, is named Samson, an Ìsàlè-Èkó indigene. He is well known in the area and that was why nobody was bold enough to challenge him.

Samson who has been a vociferous supporter of Kunle Poly, is also the Lord of Manor at Oluwole where he supervises "owó ilè" collection. He is not an unknown quantity.

The invasion and looting of Oba Akiolu's palace seemed strongly connected to his roles in this mess. The invaders only used the current crisis as cover.

It could not be established if this had any connection with the attacks on Bola Tinubu owned companies/establishments in Lagos.

©️ Rèmí Oyèyemí

71 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by babakelove: 11:29am On Oct 23, 2020
well analysed.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by ellapius(f): 11:30am On Oct 23, 2020
na wa oooooooooo

3 Likes

Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by nairavsdollars(f): 11:32am On Oct 23, 2020
The Akiolu man is too political, asslicking Tinubu

73 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by NaijaRoyalty(m): 11:32am On Oct 23, 2020
Making sense now

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by IamWonderful: 11:34am On Oct 23, 2020
Baby factory people finding reasons which were not.

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by SLAP44: 11:35am On Oct 23, 2020
This guy has inside knowledge

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by Danzakidakura(m): 11:40am On Oct 23, 2020
IamWonderful:
Baby factory people finding reasons which were not.
you are really wonderful, Sanu

14 Likes

Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by judgementyard(m): 11:42am On Oct 23, 2020
Ok,so those of you clamouring that the igbo's are to be blamed should hide their heads in shame.

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by capitalzero: 11:44am On Oct 23, 2020
Staro:
Those who are scratching the surfaces of anything to robe the igbos in, it wont work.

As the Yorùbá Nation continues to witness rampage on the Streets of Lagos, they are wondering what is going on. The troubling targeted arsons of some places in Lagos has been making everyone to wonder.

There has been many theories to explain who were the people behind the burning down of the assets belonging to the APC Leader, Alhaji Bola Tinubu and the palace of Oba Akiolu of Lagos.

Currently, there is an on-going silent war of supremacy in NURTW in Lagos State. It is between the supporters of the notorious M. C. Oluomo and Kunle Poly for the leadership of the Union.

There has been a feeling among the Lagos indigenes involved in the Union that they are being shortchanged in all things under the auspices of Bola Ahmed Tinubu. His reported penchant to allegedly back foreigners against the interest of indigenes repeatedly was said to be infuriating.

Kunle Poly, an Ìsàlè-Èkó indigene was believed to have lost the leadership of NURTW to M. C. Oluomo because members of the Union were reportedly arm-twisted by Tinubu.

Tinubu was said to have initially preferred remaining neutral and allow the members make their choice of their own volition. But Seyi Tinubu had reportedly intervened on behalf of M. C. Oluomo and forced the hand of Bola Tinubu. Seyi's reason was that Oluomo has been loyal and had to be rewarded.

Sources noted that Oluomo had actually shown magnanimity to Kunle Poly and was working together with him. But his (Kunle's) supporters were not assuaged. They were not satisfied.

It was these supporters who were determined to punish Tinubu for his role in installing M. C. Oluomo. Their grouse with Oba Akiolu of Lagos was that he (Akiolu) was seen as a traitor to the Ìsàlè - Èkó interests and was always supporting anything Tinubu did, no matter how hurtful such action was to their interests and fortunes.

The man who was seen in the video clip that went viral, carrying the Staff of Office of Oba Akiolu, is named Samson, an Ìsàlè-Èkó indigene. He is well known in the area and that was why nobody was bold enough to challenge him.

Samson who has been a vociferous supporter of Kunle Poly, is also the Lord of Manor at Oluwole where he supervises "owó ilè" collection. He is not an unknown quantity.

The invasion and looting of Oba Akiolu's palace seemed strongly connected to his roles in this mess. The invaders only used the current crisis as cover.

It could not be established if this had any connection with the attacks on Bola Tinubu owned companies/establishments in Lagos.

©️ Rèmí Oyèyemí

Nothing but truth!!!

65 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by iddonla: 11:46am On Oct 23, 2020
hmnn
Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by Nigeriabiafra80: 11:47am On Oct 23, 2020
Our children didn’t even allow us to finish our protest
They are already enjoying Nigeria of their dream

49 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by Firstorderwizard(m): 11:49am On Oct 23, 2020
I think this thread is photoshopped even op himself is photoshopped too according to Zombie miscreants

25 Likes

Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by kaludestiny10(m): 11:50am On Oct 23, 2020
Thanks op for this your wonderful revelation.

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by chidexleo: 11:58am On Oct 23, 2020
That's the reason a royal father should not be a politician

47 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by SalamRushdie: 12:03pm On Oct 23, 2020
Now this makes sense , because the attacks seemed to coordinated on Tinubus interest to pass for Endsars protest .But I still believe the Abuja cabal had infiltrated Kunle poly faction of NURTW ..Now it's clear why Primero Busses were targeted

43 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by datola: 12:05pm On Oct 23, 2020
judgementyard:
Ok,so those of you clamouring that the igbo's are to be blamed should hide their heads in shame.

Who are those accusing Igbos

Don't be so gaulible because of opinion of a stupid person who might even be another tribe just to cause trubles.

I think it is high time Igbos and Yoruba thought!

19 Likes

Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by HAccord: 12:33pm On Oct 23, 2020
So Samson omo Isale Eko, a popular NURTW thug invaded Oba's palace but scoundrels and mongrels like lipscomb, omenka, Legendhero, flokii, emilokoiyawon and other bastards were pointing rotten fingers to the Easterners so as to scape-goat them and get them killed in a tribal fracas.

These bastards I mentioned above do not deserve the air they breath, I'll pay good money to see them captured and have the bones in their bodies broken one after the other. Cursed be them and their generations.

75 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by 2020Experience(m): 12:34pm On Oct 23, 2020
This is too deep.

#EndBadGovernance!!!

#RestructureNigeriaNow!!!

5 Likes

Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by LimAnc(m): 12:51pm On Oct 23, 2020
I just the observe

1 Like

Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by abumeinben(m): 1:04pm On Oct 23, 2020
That oba own too much....even up to disrespecting Ooni of Ife.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by Depressed101: 1:08pm On Oct 23, 2020
Staro:

©️ Rèmí Oyèyemí
very good analysis and informative bro..

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by HAccord: 1:13pm On Oct 23, 2020
Lipscomb:
Guy mind your speech I have never accuse any tribe for masterminding the invasion of Oba palace.

You are a bastard son of a thousand fathers, you are salivating to see Igbo blood spilled. You are wasting fresh air for normal beings. Go and die already and save humanity some fresh air.

42 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by Lipscomb(m): 1:15pm On Oct 23, 2020
Nawah oo.
HAccord:

You are bastard son of a thousand fathers, you are salivating to see Igbo blood spilled. You are wasting fresh air for normal beings. Go and die already and save humanity some fresh air.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by Asquare84(m): 1:15pm On Oct 23, 2020
Jobless youths
Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by Goddys(m): 1:22pm On Oct 23, 2020
Let them keep assuming it is Igbo people. Igbo people are peaceful and well to do. It pains my heart when people are tribalistic when our common enemy are wicked politicians that are destroying our collective future.

I rather be without a tribe than have my children suffer this mess going on.

10 Likes

Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by baliyubla: 1:24pm On Oct 23, 2020
This is nothing but the truth, but Kunle Poly didn’t do it alone, looks like he had serious help from a northern Governor who is at daggers with Tinubu and that’s why the thugs had little or no resistance while they attacked Tinubu and his loyalists, reason why Tinubu had to run for his life. Man would have been butchered.

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by odubayor(m): 1:27pm On Oct 23, 2020
The hausa man is my brother. The hausa woman is my sister. The igbo man is my brother. The igbo woman is my sister. The yoruba man is my brother. The yoruba woman is my sister.
We have a common enemy: It is the people dividing us.
Write this on your page too. We stand together

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by id911(m): 1:29pm On Oct 23, 2020
Op has an inside knowledge. And to add to that, MC Oluomo didn't win the election. He lost woefully. After Seyi Tinubu prevailed on his father to intervene, Tinubu had to call Abuja and influenced the current President of the NURTW, Alhaji Tajudeen Ibikunle Baruwa to cancel the NURTW elections in Lagos. Oluomo, who didn't win the election was appointed acting Lagos NURTW Chairman and subsequently, a substantive Chairman by Baruwa which infuriated Kunle's supporters. Oba of Lagos kept quiet and subtly endorsed Tinubu's undemocratic move.

59 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by SLAP44: 1:37pm On Oct 23, 2020
odubayor:
The hausa man is my brother. The hausa woman is my sister. The igbo man is my brother. The igbo woman is my sister. The yoruba man is my brother. The yoruba woman is my sister.
We have a common enemy: It is the people dividing us.
Write this on your page too. We stand together

I agree that the yoruba man is my brother, but I doubt if the hausa fulani is my brother. I am not sure.

4 Likes

Re: Reason Oba Of Lagos' Palace Was Invaded by odubayor(m): 1:41pm On Oct 23, 2020
SLAP44:

I agree that the yoruba man is my brother, but I doubt if the hausa fulani is my brother. I am not sure.

Apart from the bad eggs we are all one Nigeria we should not differ with tribes me as from today my name is bello kelechi iyanuoluwa the hausa people wish you could meet some of the good ones

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Magu: Buhari Approves Judicial Panel Of Enquiry Over Allegations / Latin-American Drug Cartels Fund Boko-Haram, Ansaru - Report / State Of Federal Roads In Lagos-case Study: Tin Can Road

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.