Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,714 members, 7,824,023 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 08:39 PM

Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" (25376 Views)

The APC National Women Leader Dr Betta Edu Shines At Ekiti APC Campaign / Okorocha Erected Another Statue For Buhari - See Picture And Reactions / Joe Igbokwe Described 2019 Election With A Statue Of APC Beating PDP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by premiumswizz: 3:53pm On Oct 23, 2020
And this retarded commissioner is supposed to be a youth.
Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by wellmax(m): 3:54pm On Oct 23, 2020
CheGuevara102:

E pain am!

Kiddo. School will soon resume, your life can become busy again.
Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by CheGuevara102: 3:57pm On Oct 23, 2020
wellmax:

Kiddo. School will soon resume, your life can become busy again.

Show some respect. Your dad and I are age mates.
Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by CheGuevara102: 3:58pm On Oct 23, 2020
Adegboladedayo:

Please tell us how many people died and their names....Bcs this is era of fake news, urgently waiting for your feedback.

You can ask babajide Sanwaolu.
Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by CheGuevara102: 4:00pm On Oct 23, 2020
yusufu16:

Do you know how many people were killed and number of properties destroyed as result of this FAKE massacre? Please be objective when arguing. Don't bring sentiment.

This is beyond your level of understanding.

Oga, I never spoke about massacre, I only confirmed what Babajide Sanwaolu said.
Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by NGpatriot: 4:01pm On Oct 23, 2020
Don't you first have to give us a list and the names of the dead people in Lekki that you want to give status to?

All the fake news Lekki massacre people miraculously resurrected already to call you liars that they are in fact not dead, nearly all of them were not even anywhere in Lekki or engaged in any protest.

Yes, we need to end police brutality and even structural change in Nigeria, but divisive rhetorics, fake news and information warfare creates more problem, it incite and destroy communities.

Lekki toll road created jobs for Nigerian youths, it built schools, roads, bridges, hospitals, it created government social programs and policies than Nigerian youths are today benefiting from.

The destroyed and burn down business employed thousands of Nigerian youths that you ignorantly misinform with your unguided and foolish utterances.

I don't see any reason why you can not clear up some bush in Cross River state to erect statue and immortalize your imaginary Lekki dead people.
Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by authority2006(m): 4:04pm On Oct 23, 2020
CheGuevara102:

2 people have been identified by the Lagos State government and you're here still asking stupid question .

I'm not responsible for your frustrated life now. Hasn't it turned out to be audio massacre? Just put more effort, may be you will discover another two
Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by yusufu16: 4:05pm On Oct 23, 2020
CheGuevara102:

2 people have been identified by the Lagos State government and you're here still asking stupid question.

So 4 soldiers fired a lethal AK47 directly at peacefully protesters and only 2 people died?
Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by illuminaty(m): 4:06pm On Oct 23, 2020
Oshigun:

See, how is this not an insult to Lagosians? Cross Rivers State health commissioner putting her nose where it does not belong to be saying the toll gates in Lekki Lagos should be permanently brought down and replaced with Statues of #EndSARS protestors.

How about she mind the business of her State and get on with her job? How many Lagosians are telling Edo, Cross Rivers or Enugu folks what to do in their States?

Some people just have boundary issues and cannot even see they are overstepping their mark.
....Nobi Lagos led by jagaban himself been dey over step boundary for Edo State say make dem vote the APC pastor?
Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by CheGuevara102: 4:07pm On Oct 23, 2020
authority2006:

I'm not responsible for your frustrated life now. Hasn't it turned out to be audio massacre? Just put more effort, may be you will discover another two

I don't understand how you guys think. So to you life is no more precious until there's a massacre. You guys are very heartless, the 2 people that died are no longer humans to you lots abi? I don't blame You, everything to you guys must be politicised.
Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by yusufu16: 4:08pm On Oct 23, 2020
CheGuevara102:

Oga, I never spoke about massacre, I only confirmed what Babajide Sanwaolu said.

And did he tell you it's as a result of gunshot. He said they are yet to confirm what killed them
Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by CheGuevara102: 4:09pm On Oct 23, 2020
yusufu16:

So 4 soldiers fired a lethal AK47 directly at peacefully protesters and only 2 people died?

Guy, the Lagos State government visited some of the youths who sustained bullet injuries at Reddinton hospital and it was shown on Tv.
Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by CheGuevara102: 4:10pm On Oct 23, 2020
yusufu16:

And did he tell you it's as a result of gunshot. He said they are yet to confirm what killed them

How's it that hard for you to read and comprehend.
Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by yusufu16: 4:11pm On Oct 23, 2020
CheGuevara102:

Guy, the Lagos State government visited some of the youths who sustained bullet injuries at Reddinton hospital and it was shown on Tv.

It's not true. Go and verify your source.
Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by authority2006(m): 4:12pm On Oct 23, 2020
CheGuevara102:

I don't understand how you guys think. So to you life is no more precious until there's a massacre. You guys are very heartless, the 2 people that died are no longer humans to you lots abi? I don't blame You, everything to you guys must be politicised.

A single life lost is still a loss. But you are boiling over dead issue. Do you even have an idea how people are dying unnatural deaths daily in Nigeria?
The fake news of Lekki massacre and the damage it caused is what we're talking about here. Now you're just trying to turn the matter on its head

1 Like

Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by CheGuevara102: 4:13pm On Oct 23, 2020
yusufu16:

It's not true. Go and verify your source.

Okay, I rest my case Yusufu 16.
Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by shevy878: 4:16pm On Oct 23, 2020
okiki20593:
:Rochas will be smiling now Ah swear

Why ?
Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by CheGuevara102: 4:17pm On Oct 23, 2020
authority2006:

A single life lost is still a loss. But you are boiling over dead issue. Do you even have an idea how people are dying unnatural deaths daily in Nigeria?
The fake news of Lekki massacre and the damage it caused is what we're talking about here. Now you're just trying to turn the matter on its head

Which one is fake news? Who carried out the fake news? Who ordered Soldiers to shoot at peaceful protestants at Lekki Toll Gate When there were hotspots in Oirile, Ajegunle and Ijora? Who ordered Seyi Tinubu to switch off the lights at the toll gate at lekki even when the lights there are not supposed to be off?

These are questions begging for answer.
Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by geokay777(m): 4:17pm On Oct 23, 2020
benjackugo:
Cross River State Health Commissioner, Dr. Betta Edu has suggested that the Lekki Toll Gate should be permanently brought down and be replaced with a statue of the #EndSARS protesters who reportedly lost their lives on Tuesday, October 20, IgbereTV reports.

According to her, the victims' names should be written in bold letters so that they can forever be remembered as heroes who died for a better Nigeria.

She wrote in a tweet:

https://twitter.com/edu_betta/status/1319304353052766209?s=19
Mere distraction to cover up for her non-performance in her state. They are coming for you soon.
Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by olisaEze(m): 4:22pm On Oct 23, 2020
Oshigun:

See, how is this not an insult to Lagosians? Cross Rivers State health commissioner putting her nose where it does not belong to be saying the toll gates in Lekki Lagos should be permanently brought down and replaced with Statues of #EndSARS protestors.

How about she mind the business of her State and get on with her job? How many Lagosians are telling Edo, Cross Rivers or Enugu folks what to do in their States?

Some people just have boundary issues and cannot even see they are overstepping their mark.

I’m with you here. If she needs to immortalize anyone nothing is stopping her from proposing statues to her Governor in Calabar. Abi did they not also protest there?
Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by PDSI(m): 4:23pm On Oct 23, 2020
CheGuevara102:

You have the mentality of a slave. I don't blame You, it's very difficult for one to emancipate his or her self from mental slavery after years of mental oppression. They build empires for themselves and their sons and great grand sons while leaving you with peanuts. For your info, I'm referring to all Nigerian politicians, from the East, west, North and South. Take a look at a whole Oba of Lagos State that kept bags of grains meant for palliatives for the people in his house and you're here supporting them.

Now you're more liberal in your words. I am only pointing the little they did to at least make Lagos a bit better than other state. But for you they did nothing. I am different I rightly say they are not saints and condemned their corrupt acts. I am not beclouded by hate and I have seen the good bad and ugly aspect of this state.
Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by Edeyoung: 4:28pm On Oct 23, 2020
[quote author=Sheuns post=95248920]

Go comot am. Carry ur ipob wahala go. We no want more troubles[/quote

Am edo so what are u saying

I go comot am wetin happen
Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by Edeyoung: 4:28pm On Oct 23, 2020
Sheuns:

Go comot am. Carry ur ipob wahala go. We no want more troubles

Am edo wetin happen
Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by Arizonaguy(m): 4:29pm On Oct 23, 2020
Edeyoung:
What is war, what is suffering,is suffering now better than war of freedom, i hear people say calm down, have we not be calming down since, what did they do, are we going back home and sleep like there was never a shootout at lekki,

Are we going home once again like nothing is happening, are we also going back to thesame corrupt economy were southern nigeria are starving and police are hunting youngsters, why not kill all us so our sufferings will end once and for all, i cant go back to the former nigeria not when there was a lekki massacre

The government have sent their thugs on the street to cause confusion, and hate on protesters
So they can come out in the open and claim the good guy.... For us, that's is their tatics

We need a courageous leader now, the government is winning and fearless

If they are not giving us our freedom then let them kill us atleast we fought against our oppressor and not suffer like coward in a free world. sad sad sad

Godbless Southern nigeria
Godbess igbos, yorubas edo, ijaw, urhobos calabar and every Southern tribe
God bless Nnamdi kanu, niger delta avengers, and opc

#Buharimustgo
Comrade it's better we retreat now and keep the fire burning in our heart
The day of reckoning for every bad politician is fast approaching
Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by CheGuevara102: 4:29pm On Oct 23, 2020
PDSI:

Now you're more liberal in your words. I am only pointing the little they did to at least make Lagos a bit better than other state. But for you they did nothing. I am different I rightly say they are not saints and condemned their corrupt acts. I am not beclouded by hate and I have seen the good bad and ugly aspect of this state.

I am not against the people, I'm against the crooked politicians that are using the youths to advance their selfish political ambitions.

The same way I condemn Tinubu, is the same way I condemn that exconvict, Orji Kalu because there are all rogues. Why should I be praising and defending corrupt politicians?

Do you think these carnage is only happening in Lagos state, go to Onitsha and Enugu and see the level of destruction of properties both private and public then you'll know that there's no ethnic colouration to this crises.
Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by MrNipplesLover(m): 4:35pm On Oct 23, 2020
emperor863:

[s]You see the way an illiterate reasons. Lekki toll gates would be back because a company used or partially used its funds to construct that road.

They must their money back. If not happy, relocate to your village where you don't have to pay tolls.[/s]

1 Like

Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by Tosyn007(m): 4:43pm On Oct 23, 2020
Mumu
Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by michoim(m): 4:53pm On Oct 23, 2020
See the contribution of an empty-head PDP commissioner
Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by ikechukwu150: 4:59pm On Oct 23, 2020
SLAP44:
Rochas will be smiling now cheesy
This one weak me..

1 Like

Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by kumulus(m): 5:21pm On Oct 23, 2020
The people demands justice not statues....damn statues!!!

-Lloyd
Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by SmartPolician: 5:24pm On Oct 23, 2020
Oshigun:

Ogbeni, the country is one.

Whatever affects A also affects B.

Today, it's Lagos

Tomorrow, it could be Cross River.

Yes, it's the same Fulani-controlled and -dominated military we are talking about.

Those victims have to be immortalized because they were national heros

It's even veryyyyyyyy embarrassing that senseless soldiers shot at unarmed protesters, waving the flags of the same country they swore to protect.

Which sensible armed man does that?

I know you are an APC minion, but don't give me the impression that you are a teller at the plaza so you are worried your job is threatened.
Re: Dr. Betta Edu: "Build A Statue For Everyone Killed At Lekki Toll Gate" by DECENCY3: 5:28pm On Oct 23, 2020
It has just started happening in Cross River, people are running Helter skelter for safety. The Governor's office has just been visited. Who knows what will happen next.

Let her keep the advice and dialogue with the youths/hoodlums to avoid what is happening in other states.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

FFK To Arsonists: "Burning Sunday Igboho's House At 3am Proves You Are Cowards" / Guber Election: Peter Obi And His Wife Cast Their Vote (photos) / Peter Obi Campaigns In Various Markets In Anambra (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.