Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,279 members, 7,815,474 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses (67830 Views)

Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex / Naira Scarcity: Commercial Sex Workers Count Losses, Decry Low Patronage / Water Entered Shops At The Jankara Market, Lagos, Damaged Goods. PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Nobody: 7:25pm On Oct 23, 2020
These are never protesters.
These are terrorist in disguise whose plan are to undo what the youths are planning.
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Slurity(m): 7:35pm On Oct 23, 2020
if you ever support endsars even after the goverment has disbanded the police then blame yourself for all these live and property lost.

3 Likes

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Emilokoiyawon: 8:10pm On Oct 23, 2020
ModestGal:
APC thugs

The same APC thugs that burnt down Tinubu's properties? Common sense u an no get.

2 Likes

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 23, 2020
IamD18:
An average Nigerian is corrupt and a criminal.

Know this and know peace.

Like they said "those waiting to steal are more than those stealing". The youth will do worse.

2 Likes

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by WillTop: 8:43pm On Oct 23, 2020
Nigeria seriously need population control, so many irresponsible people giving births to thugs
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by ModestGal(f): 9:07pm On Oct 23, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:

The same APC thugs that burnt down Tinubu's properties? Common sense u an no get.
Lol. My intelligence is higher than that of yourself and your sponsor. Im referring to your brain and that of the idiots that payed you to spew thrashes on NL, and invoke Ethnic war, divide and rule tactics.
Listen carefully, the best people in the position to burn those houses are the owners because they want to play victims and attract public sympathies which they are currently attracting from dumb Nigerian old fools, and senseless youths that have collected bribes.

We understand you and your sponsors gimmicks, we are the woke generation, your games will not work on us. We have watched too many movies, read so many books, studied psychology, studied history, philosophy to play into your nonsense.

Again, you have failed

1 Like

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by olumide4christ: 9:17pm On Oct 23, 2020
seunmsg:
So sad. It is the height of wickedness to break into other people’s properties and loot their means of livelihood. We are not different from the leaders we criticize. Majority of the protesters would steal far more than the current crop of leaders if they find their way into public office. Our young people really needs to do better.

Very true!
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by olumide4christ: 9:22pm On Oct 23, 2020
Rugaria:
The police failed this society in so many ways! They re paid to secure lives and property and not to start check points to collect toles. In moments like this, the police should never have collapsed totally! The disappearance of the police was deliberate and should be investigated. It was as if the police wanted to use such actions to teach the people some rare lessons forgetting that not everyone was even in support of the mass actions! This should be investigated!

We have seen many countries that witnessed such uprisings, the police did their job, arresting hoodlums while protecting both properties and civil protesters. But here, it seems like protests have been criminalized. Once you say no and match, you become the new enemy of the state... If the policeman can not stand firm and enforce the law during jumpy periods, such characters should not be in the police force! The Nigerian Police Force failed woefully yet again.. period!

Oga..what Police do you want to come and do their job, after Nigerians have rendered them an endangered species within the last 3-4 days?

After protesters and hoodlums attacked the renowned helpful unarmed RRS police men at Yaba, started burning down police stations...you still want them to come and protect the people?

Una go wait oo!
The nation has now seen that it cannot survive without police, despite the negative elements among them.
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by jayaim: 9:23pm On Oct 23, 2020
See the advantages of online business ba. If ur business Is not online, or ur business is not automated then u still backwards
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Slynation(m): 9:25pm On Oct 23, 2020
Chai.... This is really bad, it's quite unfortunate
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by m140(m): 9:25pm On Oct 23, 2020
IamD18:
An average Nigerian is corrupt and a criminal.

Know this and know peace.
Smiles, most are just like are leaders cus the fund ain't getting to so many na why we dey complain. Most dont really care
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by olumide4christ: 9:25pm On Oct 23, 2020
sammysneh:
The government should assist them in anyway possible

Government??

Government too has its own share of repairs and rebuilding to do now..abi una no see the burnt government buildings, burnt BRT buses, burnt toll plaza, etc?
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Slynation(m): 9:26pm On Oct 23, 2020
jayaim:
See the advantages of online business ba. If ur business Is not online, or ur business is not automated then u still backwards
And who told you some of them don't display their goods online as well...
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by m140(m): 9:27pm On Oct 23, 2020
seunmsg:
So sad. It is the height of wickedness to break into other people’s properties and loot their means of livelihood. We are not different from the leaders we criticize. Majority of the protesters would steal far more than the current crop of leaders if they find their way into public office. Our young people really needs to do better.
That's why I dont really take the protest to serious, because most of us dont want a real change but a cheap one
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Rugaria: 9:27pm On Oct 23, 2020
olumide4christ:

Oga..what Police do you want to come and do their job, after Nigerians have rendered them an endangered species within the last 3-4 days?

After protesters and hoodlums attacked the renowned helpful unarmed RRS police men at Yaba, started burning down police stations...you still want them to come and protect the people?

Una go wait oo!
The nation has now seen that it cannot survive without police, despite the negative elements among them.
Nobody said the nation can survive without police oga... What we said is that the nation can survive without POLICE BRUTALITY...And I think that is self evident..
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by olumide4christ: 9:28pm On Oct 23, 2020
EhisChelsea1:

It’s disheartening. In Benin on Tuesday, when Customs office was broken into, and people were helping themselves to all sort of goods. I told my friend, I can’t do this. Yes, it belongs to government but it doesn’t change the fact that this is looting. It is wrong and my conscience won’t allow me...

Right in my presence, my guy carried two bags of rice, some plastic chairs and a car battery. People were packing things with wheelbarrow, keke napep among others. Few were able to move cars... saying, “na our share of govt money”

That was when I realize that Nigeria go change for the better na future impossible tense... the mindset of the average Nigerian is messed up

Thank God for your resolve, sir! A thousand people like you in our country can change things for the better!
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by m140(m): 9:29pm On Oct 23, 2020
Cocobongo:
Bob Marley will say" emancipate you're self from mental slavery, non but us can free our minds "
The government is not our problem
We are the enemy of ourselves....
The religious leaders will never tell you this....
Very right my brother
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by olumide4christ: 9:29pm On Oct 23, 2020
Healthquest:
I don't want to call u a fool, but I'm sure u ve watched video where ur fellow protesters pursued police out of d community and even kill some of dem?
They maim and declare dem unwanted...
Dats how protest bcom in Nigeria, since all of us r mad ,let's count our loss and see who will die first

Please loud it out to him...I have responded to him too!

What nonsense!
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by olumide4christ: 9:31pm On Oct 23, 2020
Basicend:
We are the ones that chased away the police and law enforcement agents around us.

In fact we were clapping for the thugs to burn down their stations and equipments and cars.

Army and police had to hide because the people have joined forces with the thugs, and further killings will escalate the situation.

We don't think of multiplier and consequences, we were craving for revolution without weighing the costs.

I was shouting stop destroying things, they didn't hear, even after govt said they have disbanded SARS.

We are in it together now, I believe God likes Nigeria a lot that's why we always escape what have destroyed completely other countries.

Weigh you decisions youths, aggression and energy is not everything.

You are so correct! We tell them sotay them no hear!

Typical Nigerian strong-headedness!
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by m140(m): 9:43pm On Oct 23, 2020
EhisChelsea1:

It’s disheartening. In Benin on Tuesday, when Customs office was broken into, and people were helping themselves to all sort of goods. I told my friend, I can’t do this. Yes, it belongs to government but it doesn’t change the fact that this is looting. It is wrong and my conscience won’t allow me...

Right in my presence, my guy carried two bags of rice, some plastic chairs and a car battery. People were packing things with wheelbarrow, keke napep among others. Few were able to move cars... saying, “na our share of govt money”

That was when I realize that Nigeria go change for the better na future impossible tense... the mindset of the average Nigerian is messed up
That's just it
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by olumide4christ: 9:45pm On Oct 23, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

The police you go about killing, maiming, burning their stations, carting away their rifles and jubilating their death should come out and protect you at this time?

Is your own life more important than theirs or how much do you pay them? Go and give guns to the protesters to protect your for now o cos I don't see the police working soon.

People don't have a glimpse of what is to come. The police are at their all time low and morale is dead. Even if they are killing in front of a station, they wouldn't intervene. This December period would be free for all and criminals will have a field day.

By the way, give me examples of countries where police are being killed by the people they are to preserve their lives and properties and they still go ahead to do their job.

God bless you! Police men are human beings too..but some Nigerians seem to think that they are sub-humans or animals.

SMH!

1 Like

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by olumide4christ: 9:57pm On Oct 23, 2020
Greatzeus:

The genuine protest stopped after SARS was disbanded, everything that came after was nothing but show of hatred for Buhari,Tinubu and LASG.

I totally agree with you!
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by olumide4christ: 10:16pm On Oct 23, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

There is nothing in the world Sanwo Olu did not do as a leader. He danced, joined protest, flew to Abuja on the behalf of protesters, set up committee. There was absolutely nothing this guy didn't do.

Eventually, protesters turned hoodlums and started setting stations on fire, robbing, extorting and carting away guns. Even if they aren't protesters, the protest was giving them the field day. He declared curfew to bring the situation under control but some idiots who thought his gestures at the beginning was wickness decided to dare the law. They smelled it that night. And guess what! They lost everything.

Sanwo Olu guy is never to be blamed for anything. Hold your influencers responsible.

Thanks for hitting it so hard on him!

Let's give Governor Sanwo-Olu a break! The man did his best for Lagos. Unfortunately, a lot of Nigerians are grossly ungrateful lots!

Imagine them attacking his mother's house! What a shame! What a disappointment!

1 Like

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Officialgarri: 10:23pm On Oct 23, 2020
Brandonx:

Why should I do that?
Wanted to credit you for making so much sense
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by olumide4christ: 10:33pm On Oct 23, 2020
FuckOsuPigs:

So, Buhari looted their shops? Why are we like this? Y'all think anarchy breeds anything good? Hear this, after this, those people will start visiting private residences of wealthy people whether they are associated to government or not. That's what we call class conflict. The have-nots see the haves as their source of problem even when the latter worked legimately hard for their wealth.

When we were shouting for the madness to stop, y'all called us names and glaring and grunting like someone wey dey popoo for toilet.

Now ya'll can see the outcome. That's what anarchy breeds.

When Tinubu's properties and businesses were being touched, y'all hailed them and saying it serves Tinubu right. What is good for Greece is also good for Uganda.

Very true!

Did they call you Slave or Fulani slave or Paid government agent because of your comments that were unacceptable to them? grin grin grin

They have started calling me Slave today. cheesy cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by victorian(f): 10:37pm On Oct 23, 2020
I already knew it Wil end up like this.

I've watched several protest through the past years and it's always an avenue to loot people's business and properties and spill innocent blood everywhere.

If Nigerians refuse to learn and change their ways, well there is nothing I can say again, than to look and watch from a safe side.

Nigerians we hail thee!

1 Like

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by olumide4christ: 10:43pm On Oct 23, 2020
ThreeBlackBird:

I'm not celebrating and even if the curfew was 9pm, we all know protesters were never leaving before then. Would you have rather preferred the shooting at 9pm. Let me be sure if you condemn the act or the time it was perpetrated.

People like you got us into this mess and will pay dearly for it. This time, not to the government, but the peaceful people you cheer while they perpetrate crimes and cart away guns. You think you're helping Nigeria but you are part of the problem.

There is no where in the world where you can vouch for the sanity and sanctity of all protesters so spare me the emotional blackmail. I joined the protests actively for days before I couldn't take the nuisance of some of us who later joined again. They smoked even among the crowd and drank alcohol and fought. I knew it wouldn't be long before the real beast in these people is let out. I stopped going majorly because I'm allergic to smoke and almost everywhere you turned, someone was smoking. We shutdown OYSG House.

At that point, we got the government but some idiots kept pushing their luck too far and I don't want to believe you're one of them. Emotions were running and suddenly, we thought our fathers who fought but not this long and loud are fools. I was begging and engaging my colleagues and those I could that we needed to negotiate. These idiots no gree, they lost it and weren't sure what they were fighting for anymore.

Thugs hijacked the protest and I was 100% happy Sanwo Olu declared a curfew. I was all in for sanity and dialogue. You want to prove to me that all those at Lekki were non-violent people but before dawn, everywhere was on fire even as you calm soldier shoot through the night. Give us list of our heroes who died there so that we can immortalize them but no one could provide.

Don't ever tell me protesters don't get violent. When the attack police stations, they are hoodlums, when they are killed there, they are peaceful protesters. Just don't get me trigger on many things we did wrong. I'm done with the movement. We are not ready. The people aiming for destabilization far outnumber those who want a change. I'm fvcking done.

Brother, you said it all.. you said it all!

Well done! Acknowledgement of the truth is the best way to move forward in life!

You are well-cultured...much unlike many of our youths. God will help you to continue on that path in Jesus name, Amen!

1 Like

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by otokx(m): 11:33pm On Oct 23, 2020
Very sad, all their investment, perhaps uninsured, going forward that mall ought to be protected by a squad of soldiers 24/7 specially paid for by all the shop owners, this is what lots of businesses in Port Harcourt do, any looter, herdsmen, etc that goes there by mistake will wake up in the after world.

2 Likes

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by VULCAN(m): 1:27am On Oct 24, 2020
And you know this because you were there?

Rubbish.

BMC paid tool like you

Mschew

blackpanda:
Stop blaming faceless hoodlums, the so called protesters did this
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Brandonx(m): 6:05am On Oct 24, 2020
Officialgarri:

Wanted to credit you for making so much sense
Oh thanks but I'll pass !
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by blackpanda: 6:42am On Oct 24, 2020
VULCAN:
And you know this because you were there?

Rubbish.

BMC paid tool like you

Mschew

You are only deceiving yourself
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Alennsar(f): 9:31am On Oct 24, 2020
samunaka:

you people took Buhari for granted because he quickly succumb to your demand and proscribed SARS, you were thinking that you can intimidate him to resign, all of you are living in fool's paradise
I told my neighbors the same thing but it seems they are not ready to understand. Take zakizaki case as an example, despite the protest, death and so much prosecution yet the president refused to grant their requests but the youths got their answers in less than a week but they are not satisfied. I hope the regret and pain will not be shared by the innocent peoples later on.

Any Muslim supporting this should know that it is unslamic and they should repent immediately. We are asked to pray for our leaders and ask God to help them succeed in leading us.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Is POS Business Profitable? / Highest Paid MD/CEOs In Nigeria In 2021 (Photos) / Bet9ja’s Website Hacked By Russian Blackcat Group, LASG Responds

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.