Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,157 members, 7,815,031 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:36 AM

Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses (67826 Views)

Traders Count Losses As Police Demolish Computer Village POWA Complex / Naira Scarcity: Commercial Sex Workers Count Losses, Decry Low Patronage / Water Entered Shops At The Jankara Market, Lagos, Damaged Goods. PHOTOS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Healthquest: 3:03pm On Oct 23, 2020
Rugaria:
The police failed this society in so many ways! They re paid to secure lives and property and not to start check points to collect toles. In moments like this, the police should never have collapsed totally! The disappearance of the police was deliberate and should be investigated. It was as if the police wanted to use such actions to teach the people some rare lessons forgetting that not everyone was even in support of the mass actions! This should be investigated!

We have seen many countries that witnessed such uprisings, the police did their job, arresting hoodlums while protecting both properties and civil protesters. But here, it seems like protests have been criminalized. Once you say no and match, you become the new enemy of the state... If the policeman can not stand firm and enforce the law during jumpy periods, such characters should not be in the police force! The Nigerian Police Force failed woefully yet again.. period!
I don't want to call u a fool, but I'm sure u ve watched video where ur fellow protesters pursued police out of d community and even kill some of dem?
They maim and declare dem unwanted...
Dats how protest bcom in Nigeria, since all of us r mad ,let's count our loss and see who will die first

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by twilliamx(m): 3:03pm On Oct 23, 2020
Hungry bastards just use hunger come scatter Lagos for us..

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by RosyIsBlessed: 3:03pm On Oct 23, 2020
sad

May the God of Justice visit them all with vengeance. In their abundance of loot they will remain in want and tattered till they seize to exist in this world. Amen.

If you undo your fellow civilian struggling to live just like you, what then were you fighting the government for?

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by abc115: 3:03pm On Oct 23, 2020
EndSars Peaceful Protesters

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by supereagle(m): 3:03pm On Oct 23, 2020
Wickedness.
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Karleb(m): 3:03pm On Oct 23, 2020
This is bad!
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by blacknp(m): 3:03pm On Oct 23, 2020
IamD18:
An average Nigerian is corrupt and a criminal.

Know this and know peace.
I knew when I returned back home from the diaspora that Nigeria is a bigot nation, now I am at peace with myself, I laughed when I heard sars protest, just another name to target baba in Abuja.

4 Likes

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by ejimatic: 3:04pm On Oct 23, 2020
Cutezt:
It wasn’t a pleasant sight to witness as shop owners cried to God after seeing their shop raided by the thugs.

Some of the women could barely stand on their feet as they were left shocked seeing their years of hard work taken away from them in one day. According to a media report, the thugs have broken into every store to steal valuable items worth billions of Naira.

The mall was not spared in their raid as it has most goodies they wanted. A quick look into the mall sees all items carted away with nothing left behind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nRwwOsN0nQ
. Looting of shops belonging yo innocent citizens is an act of theft .Endsars protest is not synonymous to looting and theft.Whoever is arrested in this ignominious act must be ready to face consequences...
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by SmartyPants(m): 3:04pm On Oct 23, 2020
Rugaria:
The police failed this society in so many ways! They re paid to secure lives and property and not to start check points to collect toles. In moments like this, the police should never have collapsed totally! The disappearance of the police was deliberate and should be investigated. It was as if the police wanted to use such actions to teach the people some rare lessons forgetting that not everyone was even in support of the mass actions! This should be investigated!

We have seen many countries that witnessed such uprisings, the police did their job, arresting hoodlums while protecting both properties and civil protesters. But here, it seems like protests have been criminalized. Once you say no and match, you become the new enemy of the state... If the policeman can not stand firm and enforce the law during jumpy periods, such characters should not be in the police force! The Nigerian Police Force failed woefully yet again.. period!

Police that are being assaulted and killed? You expect them not to take up a defensive posture?

7 Likes

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by abc115: 3:04pm On Oct 23, 2020
mrkings84:
Wetin concern endsars protests concern shops vandalism??

Nigerians are wicked!!!

1 Like

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Naijaepic: 3:05pm On Oct 23, 2020
Did you meant those police, the masses are eager to kill at first sights. This platform is littered with policemen who are victims of masses attacks in the last few days.

A policeman head was on display on one of this thread.

Everything is muddled up.

Rugaria:

5 Likes

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by reiddecuti: 3:05pm On Oct 23, 2020
Clothingonline9:

The leaders are Nigerian they are product of the system if you power tomorrow it doesn’t change anything bring obama to rule this current Nigeria it’s same result u will see
The system is the cause.

Check my signature and tell me if am wrong.
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Basicend: 3:06pm On Oct 23, 2020
We are the ones that chased away the police and law enforcement agents around us.

In fact we were clapping for the thugs to burn down their stations and equipments and cars.

Army and police had to hide because the people have joined forces with the thugs, and further killings will escalate the situation.

We don't think of multiplier and consequences, we were craving for revolution without weighing the costs.

I was shouting stop destroying things, they didn't hear, even after govt said they have disbanded SARS.

We are in it together now, I believe God likes Nigeria a lot that's why we always escape what have destroyed completely other countries.

Weigh you decisions youths, aggression and energy is not everything.

8 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Omoslim26: 3:06pm On Oct 23, 2020
This is really heart breaking and shameful

2 Likes

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by olatuns2017: 3:06pm On Oct 23, 2020
Cutezt:
It wasn’t a pleasant sight to witness as shop owners cried to God after seeing their shop raided by the thugs.

Some of the women could barely stand on their feet as they were left shocked seeing their years of hard work taken away from them in one day. According to a media report, the thugs have broken into every store to steal valuable items worth billions of Naira.

The mall was not spared in their raid as it has most goodies they wanted. A quick look into the mall sees all items carted away with nothing left behind.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nRwwOsN0nQ

NAIRALAND YOU GUYS TOO HAVE RESPONSIBILITY TO REDUCE TENSION IN THE LAND

https://punchng.com/endsars-peterside-cautions-social-media-influencers/
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Merciful71(m): 3:06pm On Oct 23, 2020
UDUJ:

Please don't say this. I have a neighbour whose live savings was put into her shop in the Lekki mall that was looted. She lost everything. She now has to start from square one and mind you she might not get back to the level she was before. So your goods can be replaced statement has some holes in it.

Looting of private investments is a huge no no. And I support the police shooting looters.
she can start again, she won't take anything out of this world in the first place.
Igbo too care for material perishing possession
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Humanace: 3:06pm On Oct 23, 2020
His is GRA Ikeja ...people running as thugs loot computer village please help ..happening right now ...please help make this front page so the appropriate authorities can go there

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by 042rebel: 3:06pm On Oct 23, 2020
People that fueled this whole saga with fake news and hate are all coming around to shed crocodile tears. Nigerian youths are presently worse than the leaders we are fighting.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Godpikin4real(f): 3:06pm On Oct 23, 2020
[size=8pt][/size]So sowie abt d loss, the good Lord shall replenish all uve lost.
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by abc115: 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2020
blacknp:
I knew when I returned back home from the diaspora that Nigeria is a bigot nation, now I am at peace with myself, I laughed when I heard sars protest, just another name to target baba in Abuja.

2 Likes

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by UDUJ(m): 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2020
Rugaria:

Same poorly paid police you guys have been killing and burning their police stations during the protests?

4 Likes

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Nobody: 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2020
Rugaria:

The police you go about killing, maiming, burning their stations, carting away their rifles and jubilating their death should come out and protect you at this time?

Is your own life more important than theirs or how much do you pay them? Go and give guns to the protesters to protect your for now o cos I don't see the police working soon.

People don't have a glimpse of what is to come. The police are at their all time low and morale is dead. Even if they are killing in front of a station, they wouldn't intervene. This December period would be free for all and criminals will have a field day.

By the way, give me examples of countries where police are being killed by the people they are to preserve their lives and properties and they still go ahead to do their job.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by mechanics(m): 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2020
This is wickedness and uncalled for, people who worked day and night to build their investment, some thugs just came over night and loot everything, this is wrong, God will surely fight for them.

2 Likes

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by geezynoni: 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2020
Anything you do today, remember there is tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by dalongjnr: 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2020
PraiselyPraise:
I sympathize with them. It's well. Had there been Buhari daft government took the protest seriously and tackled squarely, it wouldn't have aggravated to what it has become. .
Can you suggests how he could have handled the situation after dissolution of SAR?

5 Likes

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by eclement700(m): 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2020
IamD18:
An average Nigerian is corrupt and a criminal.

Know this and know peace.

Well, An Agbero sees all other people as Agberos too
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by bluefilm: 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2020
The #EndSARS movement get luck say dem no get any identified leader/s.

That's a very smart move by them.

If not eh, those their leaders go don buy serious market by now.

2 Likes

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by lekki1444: 3:07pm On Oct 23, 2020
HELLO GUYS I AM IN THE LEKKI AREA AND MY GAS HAS FINISHED SO I AM ASKING IS THERE STILL LOCKDOWN ?BECAUSE I WANT TO GOOUT AND BUY GAS. THANKS
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Basicend: 3:08pm On Oct 23, 2020
sammysneh:
The government should assist them in anyway possible

Hmm, you are returning everything back on the head of the govt again abi?

Govt said we have ended SARS, give us time to do reform, we say no. Obey curfew we say no.

Hmm, it is well.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by hammer3: 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2020
GOD PUNISH THOSE OWNERS CRYING.

Y DONT DEY GO AND SET THEIR STOMACH FOR ARMY TO SHOOT.

WE CRY OVER THE PEOPLE WE LOST AND NOT BLOODY STINKING SHOP FULL OF RUBBISH.

EVERYTHING IN THAT SHOP CAN BE REPLACED BUT WE CANNOT REPLACE LIFE.
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by UDUJ(m): 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2020
Merciful71:

she can start again, she won't take anything out of this world in the first place.
Igbo too care for material perishing possession

What brings the igbo statement there now? Why must we always be silly and tribalistic when making comments? I am from Edo state by the way.

Your post just exposed your level of IQ. Shame.
Re: Owners Of Looted Shops At Surulere Mall Cry As They Count Losses by Musaspp(m): 3:09pm On Oct 23, 2020
TOO BAD...! I AM SHORT OF WORDS.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Is POS Business Profitable? / Highest Paid MD/CEOs In Nigeria In 2021 (Photos) / Betonmarkets Alerts: Season 3

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.