Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:49 AM

EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting (79022 Views)

'Simon Ekpa Is Chiefly Known For Spreading Fake News' - Wikipedia (Photo) / Red Flags: We Should Run Away From These Candidates - EiE Nigeria / NBC Sanctions AIT, Channels, Arise Over Lekki Shooting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Toks2008(m): 8:16pm On Oct 23, 2020
olumide4christ:

Another angle to this matter that many have glossed over is that- why were protesters still lurking around the protest grounds when the government had already declared a curfew??
Do protesters still have the right to protest during a government declared curfew? What are the terms and conditions of a curfew or state of emergency? Are we as citizens free to do as we like during a curfew?

If those protesters had simply obeyed a government directive for people to go home to observe a curfew, all this killings or denial of killings wouldn't have taken place at all.

Unfortunately, most people are only talking of shooting but are silent on disobedience to the law.

Two wrongs never make a right. In law, we were taught that he who comes to equity must come with clean hands.

This is the reason why I say to those who are calling for ICC to intervene that if this matter at all goes to any court, the families of the victims may likely lose the case because when it comes to law, the constitution and constituted authority takes precedence over personal rights. A government imposed curfew or state of emergency will always take precedence over personal rights to movement.

What are you saying?

Which crazy curfew? A curfew that was announced at 11:49a.m to start by 4p.m does that make sense?

Then it was latter shifted to 9p.m. The point you all are missing is that it is an international criminal act to use live ammunition on unarmed protesters.

1 Like

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Emilokoiyawon: 8:22pm On Oct 23, 2020
wonder233:
There was no massacre at lekki

PLEASE loud it. Fake massacre. I have always wondered why Nigeria is backwards? 100% emotion. 0% logic. This is the reason why the YOUTHS are completely USELESS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by doctorbj4real(m): 8:38pm On Oct 23, 2020
*“He has said the CCTV footage is intact. We apologise for the error. EIE is adjudged one of the credible organizations in Nigeria that other global bodies rely on for its positions on Nigerian affairs.*

Looking forward to viewing the CCTV footage that's claimed to be intact...

1 Like

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by richie240: 9:04pm On Oct 23, 2020
Emilokoiyawon:

PLEASE loud it. Fake massacre. I have always wondered why Nigeria is backwards? 100% emotion. 0% logic. This is the reason why the YOUTHS are completely USELESS.
That's what u get when u mix a decent cause with ipobic implementation: u get chaos!

Next time our ignorant sophistico 'freedom fighters' will borrow themselves brain to let sleeping dogz lie!

Let everyone dey their dey.
Nothing like 'pan-nigerianism' again. The time for that son pass tey-tey, but na only we Yoruba's still dey carry am for head!

The ideology of, for instance, the Igbo's is 'Biafra over Nigeria'.
They will choose Biafra over Nigeria any day any time, and if what has bn coming out of that camp towards d Yoruba's over d past 5 yrs is to be considered, then it was a most foolish decision to form a 'coalition' with d same ipob yuuts DT have bn consistent in cursing them and their leaders.

Is it the same ipob yuuts consistently praying for the destruction of d 'zoo' by any means that they now joined forces with to salvage that same 'zoo'?

I hope they'll learn from ds experience that any collaboration (esp political) with these individuals will end up lopsided and yield nothing but premium tears.

They underestimate the loyalty of their eastern friends/coworkers/neighbors etc to d biafric cause!

Every Igbo man have a common ground when it comes to Biafra; THEY WANT IT!
Its only the method of actualizing it that they differ.

I hope we yorubas (esp d sofisticos) amongst us better recognize this fact and 'cast their nets' wisely next time!

1 Like

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by TruthinAction: 9:28pm On Oct 23, 2020
They should immediately release the footage of the cctv cameras on Lekki Tollgate since they claim it's intact.

Who switched off the light at the Tollgate?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by luluman: 10:09pm On Oct 23, 2020
sapientia:
Sanwo Olu have Apologised for removing the CCTV

How are they apologising for reporting it?
When did he apologize? OLODO CCTV is intact.
Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by luluman: 10:11pm On Oct 23, 2020
thebosstrevor1:

They are heros of Nigeria.

Those that want Nigeria to get destroyed are angry.

God pass them. Nigeria remains stronger forever.
Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by 27Pushing30: 10:36pm On Oct 23, 2020
Na only illiterates dey reason dem jare

Just ignore The buffoons
richie240:

Those guys like quoting bogus figures, ehn!
That was how they said 3m died in d biafran war grin cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by olumide4christ: 11:11pm On Oct 23, 2020
UrekaTruths:

Yes if you lying that nobody died, you and your children will die a more gruesome DEATH by the grace of the lost souls you are lying against, aseee!!

tongue

Please show me where I stated that nobody died or perhaps you are quoting the wrong person?

I am waiting for you.
Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by ofwest47(m): 12:34am On Oct 24, 2020
All that happened in Leki and entire Lgos area is ethnicity ,tribal sentiments and political sentiments. If not for tribal sentiments and ethnicity how could the Oba's palace , a Yoruba Oba, could be destroyed and Oba's staff could be removed; the Oba's crown could as well been stolen but for quick access prevention.
Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by mrkevwee(m): 12:40am On Oct 24, 2020
i find it impossible to believe that some pple are saying that there was no massacre on Tuesday. we literally watched someone died on IG live. Someone I know is no where to be found till now.
please if u really think Nothing happened at lekki pls share ur theory with meaningful fact let's hear u out.

but if u are doing this because u were paid or sth may it not be well with ur generation

1 Like

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by escapefromusa(f): 12:43am On Oct 24, 2020
CoachEmmanuel98:

Instagram live videos can’t be edited or photoshopped.

Several RTMP services can stream edited videos on Instagram LIVE. Why are Nigerians so uninformed?

I rarely use IG but I know it's possible with RTMP... I googled it .. lo and behold
1. Instafeed.me
2. Yellowduck.tv

The poverty several Nigerians suffer from started with a lack of information, not bad governance.
Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by SoBright101: 1:09am On Oct 24, 2020
The fact that it's your people that's spreading this propaganda is an indication that you people masterminded the attacks not the Igbos

ekerintee:
Exactly the truth ,I knew it was a Well coordinated attack ,hidding and blaming the fulanis.very soon the real truth will come out .they claim to be friends but enemies in disguise

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by SoBright101: 1:13am On Oct 24, 2020
You are wasting your time educating that guy.

Beware southerners. This is the time to know and understand the true identity of those who cause tribalism on here, they are paid agents, they are neither from east or west. They have more than twenty accounts, they would create tribal topics and make tribal comments with another accounts to cause chaos between southerners. Though, they have no conscience but you can try to educate them or better ignore them. They are easy to identify, use your head brothers.

Also Be aware that tactics and plans has been deployed to cover up the massacre since all their efforts to break southern unity were not fruitful. They have created a lot of Facebook and Twitter accounts with Yoruba or Igbo names for this purpose, one of them is to post pictures or video of people who debunked being killed, those pictures were scripted and earlier been circulated for this purpose. They would discredit real occurrence and give it another title and narratives. Beware of the propaganda

Cantonese:

Very irresponsible and unguarded comment.
Why have you chosen the Igbos for your nonsense remark? Are we talking about just one section of the nation losing their people or the entire nation lamenting losses well orchestrated by your brother Yoruba man, Yemi Adamolekun?

How many Yorubas own electronics shops in Lagos? If not for your myopia you'll find that those who have suffered the greatest economic loss are the Igbos. Maybe you did not see the thugs carting away fridges, a/cs, standing gas cookers, laptops, etc from shops across Lagos. Maybe you do not know that a lot of these business people took out loans to stock their shops. For those who do not hold insurance, will you get out finances to them?

While you are waiting there in your room for people to open threads, why not get enough airtime to make calls and find out what's going on? You cannot hear of the uncountable people who have lost their lives because of your shortsightedness and inability to ask questions.

Yemi Adamolekun is an Igbo name...right? Maybe you did not read how he apologized for sending the wrong information that led to the destruction.

To slap you dey hungry me. Your head like walnut.
Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Hazlett1988: 1:16am On Oct 24, 2020
Commentor:
IPOB, shebi you lost your brothers and sisters at the toll plaza.

Why not display their details?

Liars incorporated.

Almost 3 days and no one has opened a thread to say this is my brother or sister I lost.

God would punish all of you.
You are an idiot for letting this fools to enter into your head and making you hate your fellow Nigerians all in the name of tribalism,we all saw the evident and DJ switch herself has some prove of that,the government has paid all the media houses telling them to fake the news apologize to the government itself so they will twist your brain,no wonder at the end of the day you all vote the wrong person to lead you,ask yourself this question, what have you achieved since all this useless politician has been leading us?why am I even talking,I'm sure you are one of the paid agents going to online news to mislead people,wether you like it or not a day is coming when all Nigerians will say enough is enough for bad government and kill all the old useless fool politician misleading you and others cos I'm not part of it but remember something whatever you do think about your generation because no matter the outcome you are still a Nigeria and your kids or grandkids or families or generation will all rip your tribalism and put you and your generation into trouble,stupid fucking fool,I swear if you quote me trust me I will easily track you down and make ur life miserable.Fucking fool
Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Ginalex(f): 1:52am On Oct 24, 2020
alfredilly:

You are a rotten soul for coming up with propaganda against people. I have never change my moniker and I could go for days on Nairaland without posting. This Igbo people have mastered the game of deception.
Bastard. The souls of the innocent lives lost crying out to God for justice will visit every single one of you for lying against the dead. From your masters down to all of you here, not one of you shall escape the wrath of God.
Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Dantsito: 1:59am On Oct 24, 2020
Arrant nonsense.
Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Ginalex(f): 2:00am On Oct 24, 2020
dominique:
It's been over 72 hours and we've been yet to get the identities of the casualties of this so-called massacre. Apart those that got injured, did anybody die of GSW on that fateful night? We want a better Nigeria but not we won't achieve it with lies and propaganda. Let's verify the authenticity of any information before passing it on social media.
May the fate of the innocent lives lost during the massacre befall you for trying to insinuate that no one died... Stupid mod cry... How much were you paid to lie against the dead? You will never escape God's wrath for trying to cover up the ills of this evil government
Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by dominique(f): 4:56am On Oct 24, 2020
Ginalex:
[s]May the fate of the innocent lives lost during the massacre befall you for trying to insinuate that no one died... Stupid mod cry... How much were you paid to lie against the dead? You will never escape God's wrath for trying to cover up the ills of this evil government[/s]

Some of us process information before reacting, that's why we were given brains to think. Sadly yours is just is just gathering cobwebs.

3 days and counting, we're still yet to see one person that got shot in this so-called massacre, does that look normal to you? Give us one name of a person that got shot on that Tuesday night. Not the ones that got injured by the resulting stampede o, or the one that layer died in the hospital.

Since you badly want to have plenty casualties from a so-called massacre so you can continue to justify the mayhem and destruction that followed, I can only hope it's you and yours that will be make up such casualties so that we can all take arms and continue destroying the country.

You want a new country yet you're peddling false inform and pushing mindless people into anarchy. How are you different from the government you criticize so much?

Fact check
Was there a shooting on Tuesday night? - Yes
Did anybody die from the gunshots- Probably not, the army can't keep this kind of thing hidden for this long.
Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Abdulhakeem7(m): 7:38am On Oct 24, 2020
sapientia:

You are a bloody liar, he never said CCTV, he said vehicles scanner.
Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by ThatFairGuy1: 7:41am On Oct 24, 2020
sapientia:

Where? Give us link to the news or share with us.
If you are not able to, you're an agent of destruction and destabilization.
Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by kayalla(f): 8:39am On Oct 24, 2020
CoachEmmanuel98:

I watched the live video of DJSWITCH on Tuesday night....I heard multiple gunshots and saw dead people on the ground....I stand to be corrected...Instagram live videos can’t be edited or photoshopped.

Thousands of people around the world saw the video too.

The evidence is in the public hands already.

People still doubting need to verify for themselves.

I know is hard to believe our own government could do this to us.

But this is the truth.

We would all believe this soon

to be honest, I started getting confused, how can someone say there was no shooting and no one died when there were/are multiple live videos.
we re either threatened or bribed to hide the truth.
Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Jesusgirl92(f): 10:14am On Oct 24, 2020
dominique:

Some of us process information before reacting, that's why we were given brains to think. Sadly yours is just is just gathering cobwebs.

3 days and counting, we're still yet to see one person that got shot in this so-called massacre, does that look normal to you? Give us one name of a person that got shot on that Tuesday night. Not the ones that got injured by the resulting stampede o, or the one that layer died in the hospital.

Since you badly want to have plenty casualties from a so-called massacre so you can continue to justify the mayhem and destruction that followed, I can only hope it's you and yours that will be make up such casualties so that we can all take arms and continue destroying the country.

You want a new country yet you're peddling false inform and pushing mindless people into anarchy. How are you different from the government you criticize so much?

Fact check
Was there a shooting on Tuesday night? - Yes
Did anybody die from the gunshots- Probably not, the army can't keep this kind of thing hidden for this long.

For this lie you tell against the dead who fought for the good of this country, may the same calamity befall you. You'll cry for help and no one would listen. You'll say the truth and no one will believe you. You and every single person trying to coverup this wickedness will never escape God's wrath. It's better for you to remain silent than open your mouth and attract curses to your generation unborn. Be wise Dominique. Don't let your stupidity get you in trouble because of a few thousands of worthless naira notes.
Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by Zeroenochone(m): 11:22am On Oct 24, 2020
mascot87:

Stop the lie. They didn't remove any CCTV at toll gate and sanwo didn't apologize for that.

They said the cameras that were removed are licence plate readers not CCTV
Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by KelvinCoaster(m): 12:59pm On Oct 24, 2020
[quote author=dominique post=95268539]

Dominique, i love this response! People prefer to follow the band wagon.

1 Like

Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by KelvinCoaster(m): 1:05pm On Oct 24, 2020
Jesusgirl92:
For this lie you tell against the dead who fought for the good of this country, may the same calamity befall you. You'll cry for help and no one would listen. You'll say the truth and no one will believe you. You and every single person trying to coverup this wickedness will never escape God's wrath. It's better for you to remain silent than open your mouth and attract curses to your generation unborn. Be wise Dominique. Don't let your stupidity get you in trouble because of a few thousands of worthless naira notes.
Because Dominique didn't say what you wish to hear.You are so bittered.
#LazyNigerianYouth
Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by NGpatriot: 1:32pm On Oct 24, 2020
Babzrockman:
Sanwo is a responsible leader.. the guy man is trying politics apart

He beats my expectation hands down. He's a leader, he's hand s own and he's a great crisi manager.

I'm very impressed.
Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by NGpatriot: 1:38pm On Oct 24, 2020
stevenosa:

The fact that someone has not showed up does not mean that there was no casualties. The people the governor visited at various hospital who are they? Ogun kill all those who are still denying that some people lost their lives at Lekki.

Are we supposed to take your word for it that there are casualties even though you don't have any proof that there are?

The governor visited wounded people, not dead people.

DJ switch took wounded people to the hospital, not dead people.

We did not see 1 single dead protester in all the fake internet videos.

A massacre is the killing of a large number of people at the same time in a violent and cruel way

https://www.collinsdictionary.com/us/dictionary/english/massacre

This is the meaning of massacre so show us he large amount of murdered and dead people.
Re: EIE, Apologises For Spreading Fake News Over Lekki Shooting by PHOTSEE(m): 7:50pm On Oct 24, 2020
JoeEeL:
HAHAHAHA. YOU GUYS SHOULD SEE THE CREATOR OF THIS THREAD O.

FIND HIS NAME IN THE LIST OF PAID E-THUGS AND MISCREANTS HERE:

BABA DEY WORK HARD FOR HIN PAY. NA REAL HUSTLER HIN BE O cheesy

dangwarai
uptimum123
SilverNorGld
yarimo
omenka
helinues
myBraine
OZOnNengiTeory
Edusouls
festacman
Miracle2020
Onlyonebhari
Confirmedzombie
georgakins
Arrewa

ILuvdemManna
OZOnNengiTheory
Gidicars..
Kilonshele
AnanSek
Franzinni
Okoroawusa
Antoeni
PLS EXIST THIS THREAD FOR THE COWS BETTER THREAD A HEAD

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Chibok Girls ‘Sighted’ At Sambisa Forest, Six Years After / Dino Melaye With TY Danjuma In 2004 (Throwback Photo) / Governors Agree To Pay N22,500 As Minimum Wage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.