Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,200 members, 7,829,293 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina (95252 Views)

You Didn’t Speak Like A Man Of God, Garba Shehu Attacks Kukah / Victor Uwajeh: US War College Confirms Buhari Didn’t Submit Any Credentials / I Didn’t Speak On Nnamdi Kanu’s Whereabout In Minna – Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by placeofallure(f): 10:57pm On Oct 23, 2020
Femi Adesina, if you are the adviser on Media and Publicity and you could come up with this silly excuse, then you and your hood are nincompoops!

This is an issue that is giving a lot of Nigerians heartbreak!
That night people couldn't sleep!
That night people were sending prayers through WhatsApp fora in several groups.
That night I cried myself to sleep!
I knew nobody on the protest ground but those videos on Twitter, Damn!
That night was more than a nightmare and the president didn't deem it fit to say a word of consolation to the bereaved families!!
If many of us who are not related to them could feel so bad, how much more the concerned families!

This government is evil, everything it stands for is evil, all the curses people are pronouncing on them will come to pass. I watched Aremu Afolayan's 18 minute video, the perpetrators and their generation will pay. They will surely get their comeuppance! Evil monsters parading as humans.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by abbey621(m): 10:58pm On Oct 23, 2020
Jorgenvava:

Thank God DJ Switch has finally made a video about what happened that night. For those who didn't watch it, she mentioned two forces; the Nigerian army and the police force. The Nigerian army came first, and when they left, the police force (SARS) continued. Perhaps, reason why there was an increase in the death toll and why the army also denies it.

Now, you may be wondering why DJ Switch and others took the bodies to the soldiers. Let me tell you what happened.

According to Brigadier General Francis Omata, who was alleged as the person who gave his soldiers, the command to kill unarmed protesters at the Lekki Toll Gate, he didn't do it.

Francis said he was not the one who gave the order. It was Lt. Col S.O Bello of the 65 Battalion Bonny Camp.

Why his name is being spread about is because when he heard the plot, he rushed to the scene 39 minutes later to pull back his boys.

He had to announce his name to prevent them from shooting him. This was how people got his name and thought he led them. Here is the link below to read this information:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.withinnigeria.com/2020/10/21/brigadier-francis-omata-clears-the-air-on-lekkimassacre-names-officer-who-led-the-operation/amp/

Yes, the Nigerian Army under the command of LT. Col S.O Bello, gave the command to kill unarmed protesters. Who sent Bello?

Now, the reason why DJ Switch trusted the army enough to lay the bodies at their feet was because of Omata. She thought she could trust him, since he came to stop his boys. So for those wondering, I hope you have your answers.

Now, in her statement, she said the SARS police came later. You know they are still disgruntled about their dissolution and took out their anger on the protesters. They've been killing before, it's not a new thing.

The bulk of the killing, the probable 63 dead youths were killed by SARS, the same people this protest is all about.

And...

They are silencing people from speaking the truth.

I found this out when someone made a post of one of the victims and how he was killed. When I got back to check the post, I didn't see it. I asked the lady, she said they told her to take it down.

Who are they?

Now, let's look at a time line of event since the Lekki Massacre:

Sanwo-Olu wrote;

"This is the toughest night of our lives as forces beyond our direct control have moved to make dark notes in our history, but we will face it and come out stronger." This was by 7:43 10/20/20.

Meanwhile the shooting continued until the next morning. Forces beyond our Governors control stopped him from directing the ones under his control to stop the shooting.

We also heard the military was looking for the survivors of the shooting to kill them off.

This was after Sanwo-Olu wrote,

"There are currently 10 patients at the Gen. Hospital, 11 at Reddington, and 4 at Vedic; with mild to moderate levels of injuries while 2 are receiving intensive medical care."

I believe he made this statement as a means of informing the military where the survivors are since making phone calls might leave trails when investigations begin.

Reno Omokri tweeted on 17th,

"I just got privilege information that there is division in the military about how to handle EndSARS protesters, with Burutai pushing for a Shiite scenario, similarly to the Zaria massacre."

This was on 17th October, 2020. The Lekki massacre happened 20th October, 2020 with the military and SARS hiding dead bodies so they can easily twist the story.

Do you know what these guys are doing?

They want to discredit the Lekki story and they are winning!

These people maimed the Nigerian Youths that went out to protest for a better life, they killed them, and threatened their family to keep quiet.

They are monsters!

There's no need to argue with you, obviously you're a good storyteller but answer one thing....63 youths died. 63 people with families, how come we can't see just 10 of those families crying out tothe media, to the people to say their son/daughter was killed at Lekki? Surely not all of them could be silenced! Surely not all of them could be so calm?

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by spafu(m): 10:59pm On Oct 23, 2020
madridguy:
“The Defence Headquarters issued a statement to say that it was investigating the matter. Lagos State Governor has also set up a probe panel to investigate what really happened.

“So, the President couldn’t have said anything because it would be premature and presumptuous while investigation is ongoing. It is after investigation has been concluded that he can speak on the matter.”

A brilliant decision by Sai Baba.
Your case is beyond redemption.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by odedele: 11:03pm On Oct 23, 2020
Blabbermouth:

Such a coincidence that your moniker was registered just yesterday.

How much did they pay you?

Its 5k courtesy apc e-slave

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by freeborn02: 11:04pm On Oct 23, 2020
madridguy:
“The Defence Headquarters issued a statement to say that it was investigating the matter. Lagos State Governor has also set up a probe panel to investigate what really happened.

“So, the President couldn’t have said anything because it would be premature and presumptuous while investigation is ongoing. It is after investigation has been concluded that he can speak on the matter.”

Brilliant decision or coverup for a miss?

Stop being clever by half

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 23, 2020
Focktot:
Gosh!

Keep your sub story for those idiots that love to hear your brain dead conspiracies

I have already pointed out the flaws in your brain dead conspiracies

Thank you.

It's simple, non of your lies, and the lies of fellow agents will be left to fly.

I see you are trying to get at my emotions so I can say things that will get me banned.

Lol, you don't know who you are up against.
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by OmoBaale1(m): 11:07pm On Oct 23, 2020
Emmanuelhector:
Medicine after death
This Femi Adesina na omo ale jatijati.
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by odedele: 11:08pm On Oct 23, 2020
Emiron:

Ode u no get any sense at all why dem off lekki tollgate light � light way dem no Dey off why dat exact time I say una no get sense at all at this your age

Its order from above
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by Jorgenvava: 11:08pm On Oct 23, 2020
abbey621:

There's no need to argue with you, obviously you're a good storyteller but answer one thing....63 youths died. 63 people with families, how come we can't see just 10 of those families crying out tothe media, to the people to say their son/daughter was killed at Lekki? Surely not all of them could be silenced! Surely not all of them could be so calm?

Probable;

likely to happen or be the case.

You must have seen where I added probable. 77-78 people were said to die. 15 were said to die earlier on, meaning the Nigerian Army might have killed them. All these figures are still under probability. But there is no denying that NIGERIAN YOUTHS DIED.

Don't tell me you didn't see those mother's crying over the death of their sons. I saw two. One sent a message to his mother before it happened. Go to Instagram and Twitter, social media does not end on Nairaland!

Most are yet to conclude their children died, while others have been threatened.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by Mathewa(m): 11:08pm On Oct 23, 2020
F4CK u Mr president
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by Temysteve(m): 11:08pm On Oct 23, 2020
Focktot:
But he mentioned the Oba of Lagos staff stolen after the shooting?

I thought you claimed you were smart.
dat was after his speechless speech. Oponu
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by ridbell01(m): 11:09pm On Oct 23, 2020
Yamiriflathead:
They all wanted buhari to respond based on the reckless videos making rounds claiming 100s of people died in the massacre.
A massacre happened and there were no blood stains anywhere, no hospital reported that the dead bodies are been preserved in their morgues, no identities yet, the massacred protesters don't have a family, no obituaries, no funerals yet? Those who were alleged to have died have come out to debunked the fake NEWs.
Even if the army seized the bodies of those they killed(which is a lie), the families have not kom out to decry their missing members? Even the protest organizers don't know those who died. Even those who made live Instagram videos were caught posting fake pictures.. in this era where everyone has access to Android phones, nobody has authentic pictures of those who were massacred in lekki.
A thorough investigation needs to be carried out on this matter and people made to face the full wrath of the law

Falz, DJ switch, Aisha yesufu, wailers... We demand to know the identities of those massacred... Oh, even falz posted fake pictures
don't worry by the Special Grace Of Almighty You will personally experience what those at Lekki tollgate experienced, you will soon experience what those in Zamfara experiencing daily and those in southern Kaduna

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by Focktot: 11:10pm On Oct 23, 2020
Temysteve:
dat was after his speechless speech. Oponu
No sir it was during the speech.

Go and listen but carefully this time.
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by freeborn02: 11:11pm On Oct 23, 2020
Yamiriflathead:
They all wanted buhari to respond based on the reckless videos making rounds claiming 100s of people died in the massacre.
A massacre happened and there were no blood stains anywhere, no hospital reported that the dead bodies are been preserved in their morgues, no identities yet, the massacred protesters don't have a family, no obituaries, no funerals yet? Those who were alleged to have died have come out to debunked the fake NEWs.
Even if the army seized the bodies of those they killed(which is a lie), the families have not kom out to decry their missing members? Even the protest organizers don't know those who died. Even those who made live Instagram videos were caught posting fake pictures.. in this era where everyone has access to Android phones, nobody has authentic pictures of those who were massacred in lekki.
A thorough investigation needs to be carried out on this matter and people made to face the full wrath of the law

Falz, DJ switch, Aisha yesufu, wailers... We demand to know the identities of those massacred... Oh, even falz posted fake pictures

Eye witness report has it that the soldiers carried the bodies away
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by AnanseK(m): 11:12pm On Oct 23, 2020
DontBullshitMe:
The Nation newspaper will call it Lekki shootings.
Punch Newspaper will call it Lekki massacre.
Everybody pushing their own agenda.

And some will call it Lekki deceit and misinformation
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by Parliament360(m): 11:13pm On Oct 23, 2020
We aren't children ooo. As far as am concerned, what Mr President said yesterday was absolutely jargon. We were waiting for him to even say sorry to ppl that loss their lives and even though they are are still investigating, he should say that the soldiers will be brought to book when after investigating.
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by AnanseK(m): 11:14pm On Oct 23, 2020
freeborn02:

Eye witness report has it that the soldiers carried the bodies away

Whose bodies? Can you list the names of the missing persons? Where are their relatives?

Can the relatives come forward so that the Nation can mourn with them?
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by DragonFire433: 11:14pm On Oct 23, 2020
Femi Adesina

Shame on you and your useless President
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by AnanseK(m): 11:15pm On Oct 23, 2020
ridbell01:
don't worry by the Special Grace Of Almighty You will personally experience what those at Lekki tollgate experienced, you will soon experience what those in Zamfara experiencing daily and those in southern Kaduna

You have not answered the questions.
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by CID11: 11:17pm On Oct 23, 2020
abbey621:

People are grieving. When time comes, you will see them
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by 6digitscomrade: 11:18pm On Oct 23, 2020
saaphiere:

https://thenationonlineng.net/why-buhari-didnt-speak-on-lekki-shootings-by-presidency/
lol d only premature I see here is u and the life u lead... I know u will come back and say shit in 30yrs claiming elder statesmen because u can hoodwink the gullibles but people like me will be around to slap life out of u and put u of ur miserable life that u will have then... femi u disgust me !!!
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by Upton: 11:18pm On Oct 23, 2020
Yamiriflathead:

I wouldn't be surprised if it were folks like you who have allowed themselves to be tools in the hands of politicians that pushed the falsehood. The NYSC dude was obviously a lie, everyone knows NYSC has been on hold for sometime due to Covid and someone couldn't have been killed wearing his NYSC uniform at Lekki toll gate but I wouldn't be surprised if people who were sponsored to attack peaceful protesters in Abuja and Lagos are the same people that propagated the fake pictures and fake story claiming over 70 people were killed just to discredit the fact that what happened at Lekki toll happened. What saddens me here is that so many people who think like you are on Nairaland liking and sharing your comments
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by freeborn02: 11:20pm On Oct 23, 2020
AnanseK:

Whose bodies? Can you list the names of the missing persons? Where are their relatives?

Can the relatives come forward so that the Nation can mourn with them?

Maybe you want to tell us why sanwo Olu agreed that 2 persons died and some injured. He even went to hospital to visit the injured.

Stop covering up up wickedness.

The wickedness you cover up will visit your home if you are not careful.

Even if they have paid you to behave like a useful idiot, you should tread carefully. It can bounce back on you and your entire family.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by Alfredah01: 11:21pm On Oct 23, 2020
tesppidd:
The president actually expressed sadness and sympathy over the deaths recorded.

Why did he have to mention the Lekki victims specially?
Are they better than those that died in other places during the protests or the law enforcement agents that were hacked to death all over the coutry?.

No doubt u most be one of those hired touts that #1500 to disrupt the peaceful protest and if the country. Hope your children children will not partake the the benefits of those who fought for it and lose their lives.
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by ridbell01(m): 11:21pm On Oct 23, 2020
AnanseK:

You have not answered the questions.
say Ameen I will answer your question
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by Incognito403: 11:22pm On Oct 23, 2020
XXXXTENTACION:
Nothing buhari says will change anything undecided

Paid urchin sighted! angry
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by Nickymezor(f): 11:23pm On Oct 23, 2020
Foolish speech being conveyed by foolish man undecided
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by lexy2014: 11:23pm On Oct 23, 2020
madridguy:

I am not a fan of buhari giving speech because I no he won't say anything useful. But u saying him not talking about d lekki incident a brilliant decision, is like someone who failed but is looking for something to make him happy in his failure.

D president didn't say anything on d lekki incident not because of d reasons given above. If those were d reasons, he would have said them in his speech. Truth of d matter is that d lekki incident is a plan by d govt that went absolutely wrong.

The presidents handlers don't have d words to use to exonerate themselves or d president hence they didn't bother adding it to his speech since they no that buhari is either oblivious of what's happened or he doesn't have d cerebral capacity to give an explanation as to what happened.

Femi Adesinas statement is actually an afterthought which gives credence to d fact that d speech buhari read was hurriedly put together leaving out vital details like this new excuse of army& Lagos State investigation. It's funny that some of u still take this govt serious as if it gives u succour from pain or as if it is an elixir

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by Jostoman: 11:25pm On Oct 23, 2020
jerseyboy:
We know na. Buhari is not aware
this man called adesina will not end well by the grace of God.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by babsthegreat: 11:25pm On Oct 23, 2020
As a president is he not aware stop giving excuses for a big lapse on his side.That why we are not moving forward
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by Johnwick64: 11:28pm On Oct 23, 2020
Yamiriflathead:

how sure are you that the government are not preventing those post of people crying out for their lost from showing up... how do you know the Operation crocodile smile of the army involves adding a small amount of fake news so as to make the real one looks fake..u need just a lil amount of oil to stain clean water..it seems you don't know the government and the media have the power to make you see what they want you to believe..they are criminal Mastermind and strategist
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by tegrianonigltd(m): 11:29pm On Oct 23, 2020
Yamiriflathead:

In an internet age you liars still can't give us the identities of those who died instead you chose to derail the bone of contention with irrelevancies... This is day 3 bruv, you should all be ashamed of yourselves. I spit on your bald head

Spit on your unrepentant and emotionless soul, with the people injured on bullet wounds, you still spit, peoples fathers, sons, daughters and mothers, you are pathetic, where did the blood on the flag come from you freaking idiot.

I am not talking about who died, why would the military be there, a place where there have been no violence, common, there are patient with bullet wounds at the hospital that was shown, how did the bullet enter, they shoot themselves, these men are old warriors, they know how to fight, coup plotters, they fought war, they know the game, listen to Fela music, listen to that edo man that talked about nadeco june 12, they know how to clean their mess, old warriors, social media is just their problem, if not it’s in the newspaper we would have seen it. Don’t support evil, at all, why military go dey there, i was there live, I saw the gun shots. For my mind, I Dey ask myself, Who send me come back Nigeria, I heard gun shots, life, I ran so I don’t know if anyone died, but why would the military be there and shoot around harmless protesters, WHY

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Checkout President Buhari's Victory Laugh! (Video, Photos) / Asiwaju Is Coming- Channels TV / Adigun Ibadan Sacked By Seyi Makinde For Posting False Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.