Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,315 members, 7,836,368 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina (95268 Views)

You Didn’t Speak Like A Man Of God, Garba Shehu Attacks Kukah / Victor Uwajeh: US War College Confirms Buhari Didn’t Submit Any Credentials / I Didn’t Speak On Nnamdi Kanu’s Whereabout In Minna – Kalu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by XXXXTENTACION: 11:31pm On Oct 23, 2020
Incognito403:

Paid urchin sighted! angry
Hey bro whats the meaning of urchin
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by Toscarel: 11:32pm On Oct 23, 2020
Yamiriflathead:
They all wanted buhari to respond based on the reckless videos making rounds claiming 100s of people died in the massacre.
A massacre happened and there were no blood stains anywhere, no hospital reported that the dead bodies are been preserved in their morgues, no identities yet, the massacred protesters don't have a family, no obituaries, no funerals yet? Those who were alleged to have died have come out to debunked the fake NEWs.
Even if the army seized the bodies of those they killed(which is a lie), the families have not kom out to decry their missing members? Even the protest organizers don't know those who died. Even those who made live Instagram videos were caught posting fake pictures.. in this era where everyone has access to Android phones, nobody has authentic pictures of those who were massacred in lekki.
A thorough investigation needs to be carried out on this matter and people made to face the full wrath of the law

Falz, DJ switch, Aisha yesufu, wailers... We demand to know the identities of those massacred... Oh, even falz posted fake pictures

You would have done a better job typing thrash for him than the presidency below

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by abbey621(m): 11:34pm On Oct 23, 2020
Jorgenvava:

Probable;

likely to happen or be the case.

You must have seen where I added probable. 77-78 people were said to die. 15 were said to die earlier on, meaning the Nigerian Army might have killed them. All these figures are still under probability. But there is no denying that NIGERIAN YOUTHS DIED.

Don't tell me you didn't see those mother's crying over the death of their sons. I saw two. One sent a message to his mother before it happened. Go to Instagram and Twitter, social media does not end on Nairaland!

Most are yet to conclude their children died, while others have been threatened.

I am yet to see any from Lekki shooting. Do you realize people get killed daily in Lagos? If you know the name of the person that was killed say it and I'll have my people verify it, we need facts not probability. If it was a massacre like it is being reported surely more families would cry out? This is very mportant in order for us to be taken seriously by the international community, please let's report facts!

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by TempleHouse: 11:35pm On Oct 23, 2020
DUMBEST OF ALL TIME !!!
SHOCKING !!!
HEARTBREAKING !!!
CLUELESS !!!
PATHETIC !!!

I WISH I CAN UNREAD !!!
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 23, 2020
Yamiriflathead:
They all wanted buhari to respond based on the reckless videos making rounds claiming 100s of people died in the massacre.
A massacre happened and there were no blood stains anywhere, no hospital reported that the dead bodies are been preserved in their morgues, no identities yet, the massacred protesters don't have a family, no obituaries, no funerals yet? Those who were alleged to have died have come out to debunked the fake NEWs.
Even if the army seized the bodies of those they killed(which is a lie), the families have not kom out to decry their missing members? Even the protest organizers don't know those who died. Even those who made live Instagram videos were caught posting fake pictures.. in this era where everyone has access to Android phones, nobody has authentic pictures of those who were massacred in lekki.
A thorough investigation needs to be carried out on this matter and people made to face the full wrath of the law

Falz, DJ switch, Aisha yesufu, wailers... We demand to know the identities of those massacred... Oh, even falz posted fake pictures

Sannu da aiki let’s talk about the boy killed in Kano was he a spirit too?

Look don’t take us for fools. While I’m sure the numbers were exaggerated let’s not pretend people weren’t shot, who shot them? What business did any military member have to be at a civil protest? Is that not the work of the police? If military were there why would there be live rounds? Who is the officer that was there? What is his history of performance? Nothing starts today. We have seen this game before.

Go and tell your big ogas they are the problem of the north. Keep putting useless dishonest people in positions of responsibility so the rest of the country can keep targeting honest northerners going about their lives. You know them, we too we know them. The ones that think govt work is to be sharing money not to actually know how to work. God judge all of you in this life and the next. When you go and marry that new wife with money you stole and you carry govt car like your father’s gado. Be building big house with the money of the people. Let God be judging all of you.
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by ridbell01(m): 11:36pm On Oct 23, 2020
AnanseK:

You have not answered the questions.
say Ameen first I will answer your question
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by Coronavirus1: 11:40pm On Oct 23, 2020
Why he did not speak because Buhari is not the one speaking
No shadow no lips moving si he is fake

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by Jorgenvava: 11:41pm On Oct 23, 2020
abbey621:

I am yet to see any from Lekki shooting. Do you realize people get killed daily in Lagos? If you know the name of the person that was killed say it and I'll have my people verify it, we need facts not probability. If it was a massacre like it is being reported surely more families would cry out? This is very mportant in order for us to be taken seriously by the international community, please let's report facts!

Your people? Who are your people? If your people are yet to find any dead victim, then I'm pretty sure you are one of those gathering and destroying evidence.

I know how long it took me to find out the real story of one of the victims, people told different stories. I searched, I read different posts of people to arrive at the truth.

Go and do the same if you're concerned, and stop looking for cheap evidence.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by ostechno(m): 11:42pm On Oct 23, 2020
Yamiriflathead:

This guy get tetanus for head, all this hausa buhari supporters. You should know that there would always be fake among the real
If you were at lekki that night, you wouldn't be saying this.
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by Okuda(m): 11:46pm On Oct 23, 2020
madridguy:
“The Defence Headquarters issued a statement to say that it was investigating the matter. Lagos State Governor has also set up a probe panel to investigate what really happened.

“So, the President couldn’t have said anything because it would be premature and presumptuous while investigation is ongoing. It is after investigation has been concluded that he can speak on the matter.”

A brilliant decision by Sai Baba.

if the commander in cheif did not order the shootings, then who did? does he not have conscience to assure the peope that whatever haopened there would be looked at an the people involved brougt to book? what is good about him not saying anything on that particular incident?
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by Nobody: 11:46pm On Oct 23, 2020
But he didn't need investigation to speak on injured/dead police officers?
Buhari's team full of daft individuals
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by bularuz(m): 11:46pm On Oct 23, 2020
Please where is MURIC
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by abbey621(m): 11:46pm On Oct 23, 2020
Jorgenvava:

Your people? Who are your people? If your people are yet to find any dead victim, then I'm pretty sure you are one of those gathering and destroying evidence.

I know how long it took me to find out the real story of one of the victims, people told different stories. I searched, I read different posts of people to arrive at the truth.

Go and do the same if you're concerned, and stop looking for cheap evidence.

You see how you failed? You spoke as if you had facts and when pressed you got defensive, this is called bullshit.....I'm calling your bluff! My people are part of NGOs with the aim of helping spread the truth across social media and the world at large. If you had facts, it shouldn't be a problem sharing those facts, should it? We all want the truth, don't we? Perhaps you have another agenda shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by Okuda(m): 11:47pm On Oct 23, 2020
abbey621:

did you watch a live video from djswitch? if nor stfu!
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by bettyharry101: 11:49pm On Oct 23, 2020
Does concern himself with anything before, except for matters that concern his kinsmen ?
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by Jorgenvava: 11:49pm On Oct 23, 2020
abbey621:

You see how you failed? You spoke as if you had facts and when pressed you got defensive, this is called bullshit.....I'm calling your bluff! My people are part of NGOs with the aim of helping spread the truth across social media and the world at large. If you had facts, it shouldn't be a problem sharing those facts, should it? We all want the truth, don't we? Perhaps you have another agenda shocked shocked

I got defensive by telling you and your people to make your research if you are really interested? You must be a joker and I feel bad wasting my time replying you.

Quick reminder: NGOs are doing underground research. They are not on Nairaland looking for people who are getting defensive. Get to work!
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by temblor1(m): 11:53pm On Oct 23, 2020
madridguy:
“The Defence Headquarters issued a statement to say that it was investigating the matter. Lagos State Governor has also set up a probe panel to investigate what really happened.

“So, the President couldn’t have said anything because it would be premature and presumptuous while investigation is ongoing. It is after investigation has been concluded that he can speak on the matter.”

A brilliant decision by Sai Baba.
All who liked your post are psychos.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by abbey621(m): 11:56pm On Oct 23, 2020
Okuda:

did you watch a live video from djswitch? if nor stfu!

Yet she couldn't name the victims! All she said was circcumstantial and I'm not even going to argue. If people died, we desevre to know the names, the families would cry out, until sombody explains this, Get the f**k out!
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by abbey621(m): 11:57pm On Oct 23, 2020
Jorgenvava:

I got defensive by telling you and your people to make your research if you are really interested? You must be a joker and I feel bad wasting my time replying you.

Quick reminder: NGOs are doing underground research. They are not on Nairaland looking for people who are getting defensive. Get to work!

We can only operate on the information people provide, people like you with the proper research and effort. So sir, oblige us with your knowledge or shut the f*ck up!
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by AnanseK(m): 11:59pm On Oct 23, 2020
Fake News: Nigerians in Diaspora seek withdrawal of statements by the UN, US```

October 23, 2020

The Nigerians in Diaspora Monitoring Group (NDMG), Ohio, United States, have called on the United Nation, United States, United Kingdom and other nations to withdraw their statements that appeared to taunt the Nigerian government over the Lekki tollgate shooting.

With overwhelming evidence now rubbishing supposed massacre in Lagos state, the NDMG said it is logical for the international community to apologise to the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government.

The Nigerians in Diaspora Monitoring Group made this known in a statement signed by its President, Erasmus Kuti on Friday.

Like the rest of the world, the NDMG admitted that it reacted with disgust over the alleged shooting of peaceful #EndSARS protesters by the Nigerian Army.

However, it said that sentiment changed after the actual picture of the incident surfaced.

According to the group, the peddlers of the fake news carefully “planned, selected, manipulated and curated the photographs and videos that were used to mislead key decision-makers across the globe.”

While mourning lives lost in the violence that erupted afterwards, the NDMG said all actors in the ugly saga must be held to book.

The group said the country has been the hapless victim of fake news, hence the need for nations to withdraw their earlier statements.

*Read the full statement below*

The Nigerians in Diaspora Monitoring Group, Ohio Chapter – United States condemns in its totality the use of fake news by protesters to discredit the Federal Government of Nigeria and Nigerians over the so-called Lekki Massacre, which emerging evidence are now disproving.

Like other distraught people and organizations worldwide, NDMG-Ohio had expressed its outrage on the night of Tuesday, October 20, 2020, when the so-called massacre took place because it had believed that the Nigerian Army fired into the protesters.

We have however found out upon further probing that we were sold a lie, especially after the Governor of Lagos state confirmed that there was no death resulting from the incident.

We had, with trepidation, expected to be confronted with images of a killing field by the dawn of the following day, but all that was available to see were the recirculated videos of soldiers shooting into the air.

When pressed for further evidence, the people we contacted redirected us to photographs that turned out to be that of an actor carrying a female draped in Nigeria flag and that of another actor in the National Youth Service Corps uniform.

Some of the other images turned out to be those of accidents victims that were unconnected with the shooting.

The bottom fell out for us when some of the people we have tallied as killed at the Lekki Toll Gate turned up alive and refuting news of their demise as the handiwork of evil-minded people.

Furthermore, the NGO that championed the story about the removal of CCTV camera before the attack, EiE through its leader, Yemi Adamoleku has recanted and now admitted that what was removed from the Lekki Toll Plaza before the pandemonium was license plate verification cameras that the operators of the facility took away for safekeeping when they got words that the protesters had concluded to vandalize the structure the following day.

Even the electricity outage that triggered the pandemonium has now been flagged as potential sabotage carried out by criminally minded people among the protesters while questions are now being asked if some people within the protest shot into the crowds since the soldiers were only seen firing into the air.

We find it appalling that the entire world was thrown into a Federal Government of Nigeria-hating hysteria because of a well-coordinated campaign of fake news.

Those who ran this attack of fake news did not do it as an afterthought, but they had carefully planned, selected, manipulated and curated the photographs and videos that were used to mislead key decision-makers across the globe.

They had also positioned celebrities and activists that were commissioned to trend the misleading multimedia.

Unfortunately, major partners of Nigeria – United States, United Kingdom, Canada, the United Nations amongst others have announced decisions based on the lies amplified by the fake news.

It is sadder still that old ethnic wounds were reopened in the aftermath of the Lekki incident, leading to an orgy of arson that targeted the property and business interests of certain persons.

Our thoughts are with families who lost loved ones and those that have sustained injuries since the #EndSARS protests began.

We believe that no human life should be wrongly lost on account of any incident, not even when the person is guilty of what is erroneously called ‘capital crime’; we also fully identify with the legitimate demand for an end to police brutality and had expressed our support for same.

But all actors in this ugly saga must hold those who instigated and promoted violence to account irrespective of what excuse they hide under.

Side by side with addressing the demands of the protesters, authorities should hold those that engaged in arson or caused the loss of life to account in addition to punishing any errant soldier or police caught abusing people’s rights.

We, therefore, demand that the Federal Government works with the Lagos State government to unravel what transpired at Lekki Toll Gate on October 20, 2020, because it was the night some criminals almost left us without a country.

NDMG-Ohio further calls on the United Nations, United States, United Kingdom, Canada and all international partners to withdraw their earlier statements that criminalize the government and people of Nigeria as there was no massacre at Lekki Toll Plaza or any other location in Nigeria.

The country has rather been the hapless victim of fake news.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by Sircarma99: 12:01am On Oct 24, 2020
Super story
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by BRIGHTRIVERS(m): 12:01am On Oct 24, 2020
Fellow Nigerians we need to catch the man writing speech for Buhari. He needs mass beating
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by Odey2(m): 12:02am On Oct 24, 2020
Kindly donate to take care of medical bills of victims and assist the families of those the lost their love ones in the protest.

https://paystack.com/pay/jndl0-imx2
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by Dodger8(m): 12:05am On Oct 24, 2020
Who is Lt Col S.O Bello of Bonny Camp and what was his role in the Lekki Massacre?
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by starz100: 12:08am On Oct 24, 2020
No, they should have investigated the whole protests before he address the nation. Investigation my foot
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by ofwest47(m): 12:16am On Oct 24, 2020
Massacre shooting was there any blood stain seen on the social media. All distructions lootings are tribal sentiments and political sentiments.
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by ruffDiamond: 12:19am On Oct 24, 2020
yoruba!?!ha!but why??my people, I say why?everything no suppose be eye service na!like femi like Reuben, all in for the money!!no principle, no scruples, no sh1t!rest in peace Dele Giwa,the last Truth'bender'!!! :Dyoruba!?!ha!but why??my people, I say why?everything no suppose be eye service na!like femi like Reuben, all in for the money!!no principle, no scruples, no sh1t!rest in peace Dele Giwa,the last Truth'bender'!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by hush15: 12:20am On Oct 24, 2020
Yamiriflathead:

Well, It is back to politicizing as usual. Everything that happening, the killings, the thuggery and destruction of properties to you likes are mirage, continue but I say today, anything good will be far from those that see this as fake happening. This homes and lives will be in disarray also.
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by afroxyz: 12:22am On Oct 24, 2020
So Nigerian army went there to fire warning shots and come back . Una no serious.
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by Nobody: 12:23am On Oct 24, 2020
Buhari the murderer.
Re: Why Buhari Didn’t Speak On Lekki Shootings - Femi Adesina by afroxyz: 12:24am On Oct 24, 2020
[s]
AnanseK:
Fake News: Nigerians in Diaspora seek withdrawal of statements by the UN, US```

October 23, 2020

The Nigerians in Diaspora Monitoring Group (NDMG), Ohio, United States, have called on the United Nation, United States, United Kingdom and other nations to withdraw their statements that appeared to taunt the Nigerian government over the Lekki tollgate shooting.

With overwhelming evidence now rubbishing supposed massacre in Lagos state, the NDMG said it is logical for the international community to apologise to the President Muhammadu Buhari-led government.

The Nigerians in Diaspora Monitoring Group made this known in a statement signed by its President, Erasmus Kuti on Friday.

Like the rest of the world, the NDMG admitted that it reacted with disgust over the alleged shooting of peaceful #EndSARS protesters by the Nigerian Army.

However, it said that sentiment changed after the actual picture of the incident surfaced.

According to the group, the peddlers of the fake news carefully “planned, selected, manipulated and curated the photographs and videos that were used to mislead key decision-makers across the globe.”

While mourning lives lost in the violence that erupted afterwards, the NDMG said all actors in the ugly saga must be held to book.

The group said the country has been the hapless victim of fake news, hence the need for nations to withdraw their earlier statements.

*Read the full statement below*

The Nigerians in Diaspora Monitoring Group, Ohio Chapter – United States condemns in its totality the use of fake news by protesters to discredit the Federal Government of Nigeria and Nigerians over the so-called Lekki Massacre, which emerging evidence are now disproving.

Like other distraught people and organizations worldwide, NDMG-Ohio had expressed its outrage on the night of Tuesday, October 20, 2020, when the so-called massacre took place because it had believed that the Nigerian Army fired into the protesters.

We have however found out upon further probing that we were sold a lie, especially after the Governor of Lagos state confirmed that there was no death resulting from the incident.

We had, with trepidation, expected to be confronted with images of a killing field by the dawn of the following day, but all that was available to see were the recirculated videos of soldiers shooting into the air.

When pressed for further evidence, the people we contacted redirected us to photographs that turned out to be that of an actor carrying a female draped in Nigeria flag and that of another actor in the National Youth Service Corps uniform.

Some of the other images turned out to be those of accidents victims that were unconnected with the shooting.

The bottom fell out for us when some of the people we have tallied as killed at the Lekki Toll Gate turned up alive and refuting news of their demise as the handiwork of evil-minded people.

Furthermore, the NGO that championed the story about the removal of CCTV camera before the attack, EiE through its leader, Yemi Adamoleku has recanted and now admitted that what was removed from the Lekki Toll Plaza before the pandemonium was license plate verification cameras that the operators of the facility took away for safekeeping when they got words that the protesters had concluded to vandalize the structure the following day.

Even the electricity outage that triggered the pandemonium has now been flagged as potential sabotage carried out by criminally minded people among the protesters while questions are now being asked if some people within the protest shot into the crowds since the soldiers were only seen firing into the air.

We find it appalling that the entire world was thrown into a Federal Government of Nigeria-hating hysteria because of a well-coordinated campaign of fake news.

Those who ran this attack of fake news did not do it as an afterthought, but they had carefully planned, selected, manipulated and curated the photographs and videos that were used to mislead key decision-makers across the globe.

They had also positioned celebrities and activists that were commissioned to trend the misleading multimedia.

Unfortunately, major partners of Nigeria – United States, United Kingdom, Canada, the United Nations amongst others have announced decisions based on the lies amplified by the fake news.

It is sadder still that old ethnic wounds were reopened in the aftermath of the Lekki incident, leading to an orgy of arson that targeted the property and business interests of certain persons.

Our thoughts are with families who lost loved ones and those that have sustained injuries since the #EndSARS protests began.

We believe that no human life should be wrongly lost on account of any incident, not even when the person is guilty of what is erroneously called ‘capital crime’; we also fully identify with the legitimate demand for an end to police brutality and had expressed our support for same.

But all actors in this ugly saga must hold those who instigated and promoted violence to account irrespective of what excuse they hide under.

Side by side with addressing the demands of the protesters, authorities should hold those that engaged in arson or caused the loss of life to account in addition to punishing any errant soldier or police caught abusing people’s rights.

We, therefore, demand that the Federal Government works with the Lagos State government to unravel what transpired at Lekki Toll Gate on October 20, 2020, because it was the night some criminals almost left us without a country.

NDMG-Ohio further calls on the United Nations, United States, United Kingdom, Canada and all international partners to withdraw their earlier statements that criminalize the government and people of Nigeria as there was no massacre at Lekki Toll Plaza or any other location in Nigeria.

The country has rather been the hapless victim of fake news.
[s][/s]

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

Checkout President Buhari's Victory Laugh! (Video, Photos) / Asiwaju Is Coming- Channels TV / Adigun Ibadan Sacked By Seyi Makinde For Posting False Information

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.