Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:49 PM

I Went Out After The Destruction In Lagos (pics, Video) - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Went Out After The Destruction In Lagos (pics, Video) (56914 Views)

Lai Mohammed: Twitter, Liable For #endsars Destruction In Nigeria / ‘No Tear Gas, No Helmet’ — Senior Police Officers Tell IGP How #EndSARS Went Out / Massive EndSARS Damage And Destruction In Lagos. Pictures. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Went Out After The Destruction In Lagos (pics, Video) by lucky4west: 8:48am On Oct 27, 2020
nawah ooh scrap bizness go boom now...its sad because the protesters/hoodlums has played into the hands of the govt, now politicians will have more opportunity to steal from the bogus estimate of trillion....
Re: I Went Out After The Destruction In Lagos (pics, Video) by Excel3298: 12:44pm On Oct 27, 2020
Pierced:
As in...... Lagos was really destroyed.

All LASTMA and VIO offices were burnt
Lagos State high court was burnt down.
TVC was burnt down.
The Nation newspaper was burnt down.
Shop rite in lekki and surulere were looted.
17 police station were burnt down.
Oba of Lagos palace burnt and staff of office stolen.
And many more I can't remember.

The people these things really taught a lesson are sanwo-olu and tinubu.....the next time they are to take action they will think of the consequences of their actions.

Seh Tinubu dey enter BRT abi him dey shop for shoprite ?? Nah we we go suffer am.... And it has started. Check ur timeline.
Re: I Went Out After The Destruction In Lagos (pics, Video) by CookieBrown: 3:36pm On Oct 27, 2020
BreconHills:

And the hundreds of thousands with lost livelihoods, the businesses that employ them, the loans they have outstanding? What lesson did all this teach them?

Do you think the thugs destroyed and looted those buildings because of Tinubu and Sanwo-Olu? They looted it because they could, not because of your political sophistry and if order had not been re-established, they would have continued until they reached your house.

Government policy has been poor, too many people are unemployed while a few become fantastically rich but this is not any single persons doing. It is the result of a system that goes all the way back to the slave trade era. If you keep fighting individuals, the system will continue to prosper because its strength is diverting you from itself to its beneficiaries.

The rise of the black and yellow buses will reign supreme with high fares. The same hoodlums who destroyed the BRT and the so called danfo operators have what in common? Oh well.

Try to have some empathy for the ordinary Nigerian. The wiping out of a few zeroes from the filthy rich is not enough justification for the wiping out of people whose only crime is to have set up a business in Nigeria instead of exporting the proceeds to Dubai.

Well spoken indeed. It's amazing how the mind of the average Nigerian functions. BRT buses and station burnt down. How will people go about their daily business? These are the same people who'll complain about transportation and blame the government. The BRT we see today took over 40 years to achieve due to one corrupt government after the next. Now it's all gone. How will the state government replace these things? How many Lagosian pay tax? Stores and business looted as well as employees losing jobs, how will they recover?

The main problem of Nigeria is the Nigerians. You cannot have the type of government in Nigeria without the mindset of Nigerians. Who elect them into office? Who sells votes? Who rigs votes? Who steals from the employer? Who destroyed Lagos recently? Nigerians!

1 Like

Re: I Went Out After The Destruction In Lagos (pics, Video) by BreconHills(m): 5:18pm On Oct 27, 2020
CookieBrown:

Well spoken indeed. It's amazing how the mind of the average Nigerian functions. BRT buses and station burnt down. How will people go about their daily business? These are the same people who'll complain about transportation and blame the government. The BRT we see today took over 40 years to achieve due to one corrupt government after the next. Now it's all gone. How will the state government replace these things? How many Lagosian pay tax? Stores and business looted as well as employees losing jobs, how will they recover?

The main problem of Nigeria is the Nigerians. You cannot have the type of government in Nigeria without the mindset of Nigerians. Who elect them into office? Who sells votes? Who rigs votes? Who steals from the employer? Who destroyed Lagos recently? Nigerians!

Excellent point. The enemy is us..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Police In Igando Used Drone To Track Movement Of Militants, Lagos. PICS / The Moment Peter Obi Forgot All He Crammed For The CNN Interview! / Policy Documents: Moment Buhari's Ministers-Designates Picked One Bag Each (Pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.