Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,267 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:49 AM

Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! (13559 Views)

Teebillz In His Car On Lekki Toll Bridge - Drewbaba.com / Jim Iyke And His Son Lie On The Bed (photo) / Jim Iyke Vs Iyanya,who Rocked The Boss Look Better - [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by koolchicco: 10:45pm On Mar 09, 2011
Nollywood Star actor , James Ikechukwu Asomugha popularly known as Jim lyke was arrested and ordered out of his car for going against laid down rules. The actor whic was driving an automobile with tinted Glasses was accosted by men of the Nigerian Police and Federal Road Safety Corps. The law enforcement agents said he failed to comply with the Nigerian Government rule that those with tinted Glasses in Cars should remove them by February 28 2011 across the Country.
Obviously embarrassed by the whole development, Jim Iyke has no choice than to let the law enforcement agents have their way unlike in films where he would have had his way.
Jim Iyke is one of Nigeria’s most popular faces in movies. He is known to have played several gangster roles in movies.Jim Iyke’s profile is also on the increase as far as the most fashionable male nollywood star is concerned. Well travelled and connected, Jim Iyke is also a ladies man any day.In the past, the media has linked him to Steph Nora Okere and Rita Dominic and several others.

http://www.ghanamma.com/2011/03/09/exclusivejim-iyke-arrested-in-abuja-forced-to-remove-tinted-glasses-of-his-car/
[img]http://nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L0ppbS1JeWtlLUFycmVzc3RlZDUuanBnfDYwMA==[/img][img]http://nigeriafilms.com/image.aspx?img=Y29udGVudC9jb250ZW50L05BSUpBLU5PTExZV09PRC1TVEFSLUpJTS1JWUtFLUFSUkVTU1RFRC0yQW5vdGplLmJtcHw2MDA=[/img]
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by mamagee3(f): 2:10am On Mar 10, 2011
It doesn't surprise me that the Nigerian Police would arrest someone over tinted glasses

when they are robbers and criminals roaming over the streets of the country.

I can bet he was arrested in a plot to get money from him because there's no law in the world that's against tinted glasses.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by koolchicco: 8:36am On Mar 10, 2011
mama-gee:

It doesn't surprise me that the Nigerian Police would arrest someone over tinted glasses

I can bet he was arrested in a plot to get money from him because there's no law in the world that's against tinted glasses.

Mamagee, If the law says no more cars with tinted windows, then abide by the rules. Simple.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by Nobody: 10:00am On Mar 10, 2011
What an exaggerated report. Arrested? More likely he was stopped, and ordered to remove the tints (or they were removed on the spot). As far as I'm aware, "arrest" would mean Jim Iyke was removed, taken to the police station, possibly charged and bailed.

Why do Nigerian reporters go over the top in their "news"?
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by MeGaStReEt: 10:07am On Mar 10, 2011
I hope they didnt hurt him sha
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by sayso: 11:50am On Mar 10, 2011
flog am welu welu
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by zignor(m): 11:54am On Mar 10, 2011
Siena:

What an exaggerated report. Arrested? More likely he was stopped, and ordered to remove the tints (or they were removed on the spot). As far as I'm aware, "arrest" would mean Jim Iyke was removed, taken to the police station, possibly charged and bailed.

Why do Nigerian reporters go over the top in their "news"?

correct observation
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by omo9ja1(m): 11:58am On Mar 10, 2011
me I know see any tinted glass all I see from the picture is a convertible car lol smiley
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by LesbianBoy(m): 11:58am On Mar 10, 2011
sayso:

flog am welu welu

HATERS THEY WOULD SOON START YARNING TRASH  angry angry tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue they didnt not flog him and let it pain u well well, tongue tongue tongue tongue highest he would pay fine! thats all beside not everyone heard the news it took my silblings to inform me about the new development for me to remove mine i didnt hear when they gave the annoucement!!!!!!!!

so get a life hater!!!!!!!!
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by sheyee(m): 12:04pm On Mar 10, 2011
sayso:

flog am welu welu

Na wa for u, For wat he legally acquired, just dey open mouth dey talk rubbish
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by 9ce(m): 12:12pm On Mar 10, 2011
koolchicco:

Mamagee, If the law says no more cars with tinted windows, then abide by the rules. Simple.
Mama-Gee you are right, but do you know with this tinted glasses, its much easier for hoodlums to commit crime.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by Limaoscar: 12:16pm On Mar 10, 2011
Is this not a SCENE from one of them Nigeriawood movies grin grin grin
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by cosby(m): 12:38pm On Mar 10, 2011
, the Law that was said to be passed and effected from Feb,2011, what about people that already has a permit for the tinted? are we meant to still go and remove our tinted glass? pls. i need responses. thanks
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by amicdan(m): 12:44pm On Mar 10, 2011
Limaoscar:

lol grin grin grin
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by hardbody: 12:46pm On Mar 10, 2011
All these crap about tinted glasses. it has been helpful to me as those boyz on the bridge do not know either the occupant or what i am carrying (in terms of Luga), but now, they are going to expose my invincibility and i have become open to attack in the traffic. I am begining to have a rethink about my continued stay in this country ooo. Can't they just be serious for once and devise more ingenious ways of detecting crimes and criminals?  
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by slap1(m): 12:57pm On Mar 10, 2011
Laws are made to be obeyed, so I say, let the law prevail. However, we'd all be better off if other laws are similarly enforced.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by Nobody: 12:57pm On Mar 10, 2011
Hmmn. . . Nigeria police don dey pull weight lol
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 10, 2011
law are meant to be obey, everyone should obey the law, no one is above the law
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by Nobody: 1:20pm On Mar 10, 2011
omo9ja1:

me I know see any tinted glass all I see from the picture is a convertible car  lol smiley

ditto
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by lysaa(f): 1:26pm On Mar 10, 2011
Limaoscar:

ohh but seriously, i think so too. The shots are too close to believe they're real.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by BluMalam(m): 1:38pm On Mar 10, 2011
This law is seriously being enforced. My tint has been stripped twice now, wheneva I see the forces, I wind down asap. Coincidentally, I made up my mind to finally strip 'em myself today. The cops offered me an explanation in which they cited kidnapping and recent security issues.
Apparently, even the IGP is not exempted
cosby:

, the Law that was said to be passed and effected from Feb,2011, what about people that already has a permit for the tinted? are we meant to still go and remove our tinted glass? pls. i need responses. thanks

Yup. All permits have been cancelled.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by babaowo: 1:40pm On Mar 10, 2011
@Cosby all tinted permit had expired by d new law because of security reason,but Nigeria law only affect oppositions .
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by turboman(m): 1:41pm On Mar 10, 2011
9ce:

Mama-Gee you are right, but do you know with this tinted glasses, its much easier for hoodlums to commit crime.

I agree with you; Same way all the hoodlums in power from Aso Rock down to to LGA chairmen use tinted vehicles. I hope this law applies to them too
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by Dsense(m): 1:43pm On Mar 10, 2011
I can believe this guy is going through all this grin . . . . . .

Nigerian corps are just  . ,  .  lipsrsealed . . .Honestly I agreed with mama G on this . . . .We have so many offences out there but we still after tints glasses . . . . .So disappointingundecided undecided undecided
I wouldn't blame Jim for having a tinted glasses,Cause we all understand the situation in the country,Nollywood star like Jim is vulnerable to attacks anywhere from anybody on the street . . .And as we all know there is no security in the country!!! . . . .It's still funny though grin
I don't like the guy anyway but the fact must be admitted.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by Nanecs: 1:46pm On Mar 10, 2011
cosby:

Sorry sir but you are also affected. The press release says whether you have permit or not excluding factory fitted tinted glasses.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by Nobody: 1:48pm On Mar 10, 2011
cosby:

All tinted permits stand revoked with the exception of factory fitted glasses. The trouble is that our jobless and overzealous police force wouldn't know the difference.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by campella(m): 2:10pm On Mar 10, 2011
slap1:

Laws are made to be obeyed, so I say, let the law prevail. However, we'd all be better off if other laws are similarly enforced.

@Slap 1, i agree wit you completely. But just give these guys 2 months from now, they will all grow fat with the new law
Na money making venture be this now. shocked shocked shocked

hardbody:

All these crap about tinted glasses. it has been helpful to me as those boyz on the bridge do not know either the occupant or what i am carrying (in terms of Luga), but now, they are going to expose my invincibility and i have become open to attack in the traffic. I am begining to have a rethink about my continued stay in this country ooo. Can't they just be serious for once and devise more ingenious ways of detecting crimes and criminals?  

What do you mean
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by amefi(m): 2:21pm On Mar 10, 2011
mama-gee:

There isnt such global law against tinted glasses, but dont take d fact that bc d world is a global village, n begin to assume wot is obtainable in US shud b in Uk or Nigeria. There is always variation in Govt legislations from country to country as it seems fit for the pipo being governed by such legislations. For examples, Abortions, Gay marriages and so on in America n UK have their legislations to suit the pipo therein. I doubt if there is any in Nigeria that goes in agreement with that of Uk or America.
As a matter of fact, i have read this particular acticle some weeks ago on NL that the FRN has banned the  use of tinted glasses. I dont live in Nigeria, and i'm conscious of that since it has been banned. I see no reason why Jim SHOULD GO AGAINST SUCH, EVEN BEING A STAR SHUD BE THE MAJOR REASON HE SHUD ABIDE BY IT CUS HE IS SEEN AS A ROLE MODEL TO MANY BOTH IN NIGERIA N OVERSEAS. Cheers.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by Ikwikwikwi(m): 2:24pm On Mar 10, 2011
the police should refund all payments made out to them in respect of the tinted glass. what is wrong with tinted glass, they should be ready to fight the public. These fools collected money as permit for the glasses, and now they cancelled the permits. I need my refund or we meet in court.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Banky W And Joke Silver With Aisha Buhari [PICS] / Seun Kuti Recounts How His Family Suffered In The Hands Of Nigerian Soldiers / Lagos Chief Coroner Directs Inquest Into Mohbad’s Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.