Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,066 members, 7,821,671 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:35 PM

Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! - Celebrities (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! (13569 Views)

Teebillz In His Car On Lekki Toll Bridge - Drewbaba.com / Jim Iyke And His Son Lie On The Bed (photo) / Jim Iyke Vs Iyanya,who Rocked The Boss Look Better - [PHOTOS] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by koolchicco: 11:40pm On Mar 10, 2011
deluxecad:

lol, Jim Iyke, i luv dat dude. i luv d way he kicks arses. hehe

Only in da movies. grin undecided
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by Usanga02(m): 12:11am On Mar 11, 2011
hahahahah e 4 show small muscle na mey dey beat am, Tank God say e no dey wit chick dey 4 f**k am up big tym
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by BabaEleko(m): 1:46am On Mar 11, 2011
Nice ride btw
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by mamagee3(f): 1:55am On Mar 11, 2011
koolchicco:

Only in da movies. grin undecided
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by Nobody: 3:04am On Mar 11, 2011
amefi:

Ogugua88, hw u doin? I luv your pintchure. Who is dat guy wt u? He looks like one Ghanaian actor. I hail ooooooooo.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by mamagee3(f): 3:20am On Mar 11, 2011
koolchicco:

That's the probs. There has to be a way out though. undecided
grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by Nobody: 4:29am On Mar 11, 2011
Black people and their jealousy. No group of blacks are as jealous as those who belong to the police force
whether it is in Africa, the caribbean, latin America or the States. Black cops hate to see other blacks shine and
will pull you over just for smiling at their bitter arses  angry and they love using brutal force.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by lagcity(m): 5:02am On Mar 11, 2011
MzD@rkSkin:

Black people and their jealousy. No group of blacks are as jealous as those who belong to the police force
whether it is in Africa, the caribbean, latin America or the States. Black cops hate to see other blacks shine and
will pull you over just for smiling at their bitter arses angry and they love using brutal force.

true talk
Usanga02:

hahahahah e 4 show small muscle na mey dey beat am, Tank God say e no dey wit chick dey 4 be intimate with am up big tym
show muscle ke? have u ever heard of accidental discharge?

norrisman:

Not being vain but why the hell is he driving a Crossfire?

i swear that's what came to my mind first. but u know those guys are not as rich as they shld be. shame on movie pirates.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by FabulousE1: 7:55am On Mar 11, 2011
MY PEOPLE ON NAIRALAND, PLEASE IS THERE ANY CAR THAT HAS OR EVER BEEN MANUFACTURED IN NIGERIA, THE TINTING OF VEHICLE GLASS IS NOT FROM NIGERIA,IT IS THE MAKING OF MANUFACTURERES OR INITIAL USERS FROM EUROPE,AMERICA OR DIASPORA. WHAT IS THIS FEDERAL GOVERNMENT 'S CRAZE ON TINTED GLASS. IS THAT THE CHECKMATE OF CRIME IN THE COUNTRY. OUR POLICE IS TRYING TO DIVERT THEIR PRIORITIES TO TINTED GLASS INSTEAD OF PROTECTION AND CHECK-MATING CRIME. ABEG, MR PRESIDENT AND I.G OF POLICE, PRIOTIZE THE DUTIES OF THE NIGERIA POLICE.

WHAT IS ROAD-SAFETY MATTER ON TINTED GLASS. ( NA WAHOOOOOOOOOOOOO) OUR UNIFORM BOYS NO NO THEIR WORKS AGAIN. CHINEKE GOD, HEELEPP US !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by Nobody: 8:41am On Mar 11, 2011
By this law, the NPF has opened another "office" to replace the outlawed Check points. Car owners beware!!

I still dey laugh oooooooooo cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by lastapostle2(m): 9:52am On Mar 11, 2011
Nigeria is a sick country with irresponsible rulers as leaders. Why enact and enforce a law where u dont have an assembly plant for automobile not to talk of manufacturing. 80% of the vehicles driven in nigeria are all tokunbos and the puzzle is how do u sanely regulate the tinted glass on this vehicles even when the are other nations specification.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by victorazy(m): 10:01am On Mar 11, 2011
this is serious that i have to remove mine by myself
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by bknight: 10:11am On Mar 11, 2011
its in this? he's nt d only one, a whole lot of dudes cant go out freely cos of that cheesy (quite annoying) some people are let off the hook if its factory tint. so he's either not got the approach manner to prevent the embarrassment of its not factory tint and not registered.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by lightheart(m): 10:31am On Mar 11, 2011
wot culd hv gotten d police and safety corps 2geda on such a road if not a scene from a nollywood flick??
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by Tokotaya: 11:13am On Mar 11, 2011
Hey people, what of photochromic glasses? There is a difference. Tinted glasses make it impossible for you to see inside however hard you try. For photochromic, you can see inside the vehicle when you come close. When you are far off you cannot see who is inside clearly. Also at night at check point once you put on the inner light, people can see you from outside. Photochromic glasses are factory-fitted on most luxury cars, esp American Spec. Does the law cover photochromic glasses as well? I sure hope it does not, even though, I doubt if the police know the difference.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by Abayomin70(m): 11:53am On Mar 11, 2011
wats d big in usin tinted glass nigeria police no get work to do all
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by Ben13: 12:55pm On Mar 11, 2011
So, since when has Nigerian Police and Road saftey started working on highways with photographers? Or are they just using a public face to prove that no one should go against the new law?

cos these pictures look like they are acting a movie or modeling.

Whatever. . . It's not real. undecided
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by iBlogNaija: 1:30pm On Mar 11, 2011
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by Pappij: 2:29pm On Mar 11, 2011
Factory fitted tints are exempted from this, not that police can tell the diffierence though.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by coded777: 3:00pm On Mar 11, 2011
Ben-10:

So, since when has Nigerian Police and Road saftey started working on highways with photographers? Or are they just using a public face to prove that no one should go against the new law?

cos these pictures look like they are acting a movie or modeling.

Whatever. . . It's not real. undecided

Good obseravation there !! cheesy
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by vislabraye(m): 6:10pm On Mar 11, 2011
Whats the big deal. Should he be left alone because he's a celebrity? Do you know how cops in Yankee treat their celebrities. Someone is saying na bad belle. What does the law say? And the fact that he was stopped, was he molested?? Make una think before una post.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by ideylaff: 7:27pm On Mar 11, 2011
Quote from: ideylaff on Yesterday at 06:22:50 PM

Hmmmmm I like @ mama-gee oooooo. dan she kewl and fine,

What does that mean?

@ mama-gee  I was only appreciating your beauty cos I saw a picture of you. God bless the day you were born. if you do not have a Boyfriend yet, I pray God sends you the divine one that will lead to a happy marriage and if you are married. congrats to you hubby, He his a lucky man. Wish both of you many more year of happiness and bliss. AMEN

kewl means COOL kiss

I must have pressed  lipsrsealed instead of  kiss

also meant to type damn she fine not "dan"

No vex, ma sista,
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by obowunmi(m): 7:39pm On Mar 11, 2011
^^^^^ mama-gee is single and searching. wink wink
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by nnalove(m): 9:58pm On Mar 11, 2011
But the HE 'GOAT' dis obey the rules and regulation guiding d motorist in dy country. If witout being told suppose to no d period nig is into. And dat is wy d president want to use any available means to culte d situation. "ELECTION"[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by andyprez(m): 11:45pm On Mar 11, 2011
All this na initial grah- grah. Tell me about the enforced law on tinted glass in september, that's if you'll remember it by then. *hisses*
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by eleshin(m): 11:53pm On Mar 11, 2011
i tot police r nt meant to arrest defaulters but to remove it at spot.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by londoner: 12:52am On Mar 12, 2011
Its good that laws/ordinances are being enforced, on ALL.

It starts with these seemingly insignificant exercises to create a people who are re-educated to obey the law.

Nigerians often need to be forced to obey, otherwise they simply look for a way round, to do what they know should not be done.

I saw this on the news a few days ago, they were making people remove the tint or removing it themselves on the spot. This is good, same with the ordinance about wearing helmets on okada.

This originated from the preferred use of blacked out windows in kidnapping. This is a logical step after gathering such knowledge after all.

If we are going to move away from lawlessness, rules must be introduced and enforced time and time again.
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by tosinaded(m): 9:40am On Mar 12, 2011
some people just post out of ignorance and their myopic points of view!
a law is a law and should be obeyed!
why blame he police?

a friend of mine, parted wiv 12k to mobile police last sunday cos of tinted windows!
disobey the laws at ur own expense. . . . . dem go just dey use u catch trips for road!
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by RichDad1(m): 12:43pm On Mar 12, 2011
misplaced priorities.Since factory fitted are exempted,criminals only need to get one and start business as usual chikenna.as for me i have been stopped twice after the initial bragging they ask me to drive to the station and i told them what the IGP said that "the tint should be removed on the spot" after so many stories i was asked to leave and removed it myself, lol
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by RichDad1(m): 12:46pm On Mar 12, 2011
tosinaded@:

a friend of mine, parted wiv 12k to mobile police last sunday cos of tinted windows!
disobey the laws at your own expense. . . . . dem go just dey use u catch trips for road!
really? Well, i think that ur friend dont work for money, are you sure itsonly because of tinted glass?
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by lastpage: 3:49pm On Mar 12, 2011
Okay, lets have a deep breath and lets leave "Iyke" alone for now! grin

From the look of things: Factory-fitted window Tints are exempt from this law.
Someone asked a brilliant question back then: How do we convince our illeterate and trigger (egunje) happy Cops that "this tint is factory fitted"?
Again, even if it is obvious (l think it should be obvious because the factory-tinted ones are actually "inside" the glass itself an not "pasted on it" like the Ladipo types! You cant peel the factory-tinted ones off!
So, lets assume the "Ohhh-Ceee" is aware that it is part-and-parcel of the glass => factory-fitted, what next?

1.) He could insist you should remove it or get arrested immediately.
2.) He could insist that the FGN directive did not exempt anyone or any type of window (factory-fitted or not)

HOW DO WE GO ABOUT OVERCOMING THESE KIND OF POSITION?

For 1.), l dont have any "brilliant" idea. I hope someone will come up with one!

For 2.): I will suggest you get a copy ofthe directive and keep in your car. Show it to the damn Cop and hope he can read. Then hope further he can understand simple english! Hop further again that he is not drunk of "kai-kai/Shekpee", otherwise, 'something' fit happen o! angry

Reminds me of a few years ago, l got a copy of the IGP directive that says "Policemen SHOULD NOT ask for or check vehicle particulars". its the remit of VIO's and FRSC. I kept the Newspaper publication in my car.
One day, somewhere along Agege, to drop my cousin at the NYSC camp around there, l ws stopped by these three "officers" who wanted to check vehicle particulars.
I told them its not their duty and they simply went "ballistic"! I brought out the IGP Newspaper publication and showed them!
Their leader read it and "squeezed it" together and then put his foot on it! l was boiling mad!

I still insisted l would not show them my particulars even though my "papers are ALWAYS IN ORDER" (l just detest any thing that will bring me in direct contact with a policeman).
They then proceed to call a Towing Van to tow my car to their station!

I asked their Leader (after cramming his number and that of their vehicle grin ) if he is intentionally defying the order of his IGP and whether is willing to tell the IGP so?
I pulled out my phone and made a call to the Police PRO at Abuja, within his hearing as l put it on speaker-phone (dont do these in one obscure corner or at night o! They will simply shoot you! One nearly shot me along Benin-Oore road, around 7pm, for the same thing)! angry

Before l could finish the narration to the officer on the other side, THEY JUST DISAPPEARED like GHOST! shocked shocked shocked

I hope this will be of use to someone with the "factory-approved TINT"? wink wink
Cheers
Re: Exclusive: Jim Iyke Arrested In Abuja Over Tinted Glasses Of His Car! by favouredjb(f): 9:30pm On Mar 12, 2011
he was stopped not arrested

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nicki Minaj Performs On Stage Without Panties / Emma Ugoli To Undergo Kidney Transplant / Princess Agunbiade Award Laptops To Best Students In Spelling Bee (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.