Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,321 members, 7,811,948 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:49 AM

Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar (60627 Views)

Florence Ita-Giwa Decamps To APC With Governor Ayade / Florence Ita Giwa Celebrates Her 75th Birthday Today / Florence Ita Giwa Celebrates Her 74th Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by muchroom(m): 1:36am On Oct 26, 2020
Well done. Thanks
DECENCY3:

The youths of calabar young boys and girls please forgive we the elders. We have offended you people for long but I plead that you guys forgive us. I am kneeling down in an Efik land to plead that the politicians be forgiven. The last time I knelt down was when I was ordained in the church.

I am happy that all the places you people went to, you did not kill anybody. Please let there be no killing in the land of the Efiks no more shedding of blood. Let's Maintain our position as the most calm state, no shedding of blood. Let there be no problem in the land again.

Please bring back the old Calabar, the Canaan city, the calm environment, etc.

She starts crying they said your highness please don't cry and she said please allow me to cry, this thing is not an easy thing. Youths please forgive the elders and politicians we know we have wronged you people.

I have tried abeg na there I sabi reach
Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by Nobody: 1:42am On Oct 26, 2020
ceaser:
They have not learnt their lesson.

They still refer to 'emselves as "big people" instead of seeing 'emselves as public servants put there to SERVE the youths she is begging.

She should be gentle and humble, not refering to her colleagues and herself as "big people"

Big people my foot.

Besides the video is dark, we couldn't see her face well. So how are we sure it's her apologising and not someone else she has paid to do that for her?

The video appeared fake, doctored and photoshopped (in Nigerian Army spokesman's voice)
If you understand Efik language and expressions then you'll know she did not mean any pride . In translation from Efik language ,the expression means the elites ,leaders ,or elders of the society. She expressed sincere apology which the OP did not capture in English .

1 Like

Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by Nobody: 2:06am On Oct 26, 2020
Emanodimo:

That woman has overstay as a senator from Akwa Ibom since my secondary schools day haba... Wetin....E dey pain me ohh...
She hasn't been senator since 2003 and she's from Calabar,Cross river .
Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by Nobody: 2:08am On Oct 26, 2020
ike95:
I love the word miscreants or hoodlums cuz they make politicians think straight in this country.
grin grin
Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by ddeola: 3:25am On Oct 26, 2020
Nonesense, who be d big people undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by Kuginzi: 5:15am On Oct 26, 2020
blazepascal:
no o im a thug >:
I have never meet an honest person like u before.
Keep it up. May God provide another Job for u.
Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by Incognito403: 5:35am On Oct 26, 2020
pyyxxaro:
We go soon inform those rascals say palliatives de ur house

2mins everywhere bust
Hoodlum sighted
Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by Stepcy: 5:46am On Oct 26, 2020
Nditor edidia afia iso
Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by Eteka1(m): 6:25am On Oct 26, 2020
DECENCY3:

The youths of calabar young boys and girls please forgive we the elders. We have offended you people for long but I plead that you guys forgive us. I am kneeling down in an Efik land to plead that the politicians be forgiven. The last time I knelt down was when I was ordained in the church.

I am happy that all the places you people went to, you did not kill anybody. Please let there be no killing in the land of the Efiks no more shedding of blood. Let's Maintain our position as the most calm state, no shedding of blood. Let there be no problem in the land again.

She starts crying they said your highness please don't cry and she said please allow me to cry, this thing is not an easy thing. Youths please forgive the elders and politicians we know we have wronged you people.

you have tried but you are not totally correct e.g she said last time she knelt down was when the Obong of Calabar ordained her as Obonganwan. You wrongly said church.
Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by placeofallure(f): 7:18am On Oct 26, 2020
dangotesmummy:
Mama ode ikunle okin sheywa

Awiwiwiwi afofofofo
. empower the youths,no
Provide scholarship no
Provide jobs no
Raise decent standards of living no
Make food cheap and accessible,no

Now you no fit rest

Yoruba ti sotan.woni Omo tobako - a child you refuse to train/empower
Agbele tobakota-Will destroy all your legacies and valuable or whatever you think is dear to you

And that is why some miscreants will have the effonterty to desecrate the obas palace because they have Zero knowledge of customs, traditions, social values, basic decency, respect for culture and the elders so they definitely will not see anything wrong stealing the staff of office

The children you refused to empower and allowed to stay hungry will be the Same children that will grow up as adults to give you unrest and destroy all your accumulations

Continue kneeling down,shebi esope oroyin ope.ema wa alright

You have said it all. This woman and her gang back in the days were all over the place partying, doing tummy tucks and liposuction despite their age. She belonged to the same hood as the late Stella Obasanjo, Grace Egbagbe and co. Awon mama oni gba. Your kneeling has no meaning.
Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by Ebenezar2O21: 9:04am On Oct 26, 2020
muchroom:
Can someone help translate the language please?
send me data make I watch am first then translate am for you.
I be Calabar boy
Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by Ebenezar2O21: 9:06am On Oct 26, 2020
JONSYN7154:

Interpretation pls.
wetin our children go chop
Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by moyosore32: 9:07am On Oct 26, 2020
when she now kneel down nko, wetin that one kon mean mk she swerve go front no be among dem she sef don dey for close to 2decades now
Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by Ebenezar2O21: 9:08am On Oct 26, 2020
DECENCY3:

why you no translate everything?
where are you from?
Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by Ebenezar2O21: 9:09am On Oct 26, 2020
Onlydaughter:
Mbok ku yerisit, nĂ² nyi emem!!!
adiaha cheesy abadie?
Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by Ebenezar2O21: 9:13am On Oct 26, 2020
Dansuqi:

Odiok ono ete to ye eka fo..afo adi idat.ishie
ete yak edi usuk usuk mbok
Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by Ebenezar2O21: 9:14am On Oct 26, 2020
Eriokanmi:
lol. I no curse you oo. But if this one na curse, back to sender
lol if I translate am give you you go cry
Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by frog12: 9:33am On Oct 26, 2020
this WOMAN is the WORST. she sold her PEOPLE'S land for POSITION !!!
Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by Blackking98(m): 9:37am On Oct 26, 2020
Sonoyom:
Nditor edi dia nso?
Eyeneka mbok bip anye oo
Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by dangotesmummy: 9:47am On Oct 26, 2020
placeofallure:

You have said it all. This woman and her gang back in the days were all over the place partying, doing tummy tucks and liposuction despite their age. She belonged to the same hood as the late Stella Obasanjo, Grace Egbagbe and co. Awon mama oni gba. Your kneeling has no meaning.

exactly.i remember ovation magazine and city people.awon "big girls of South south".every Saturday Na them dey wear the latest lace, jewelry and gele.nobody is even saying don't go to parties.if you like sef go to owanmbe from Monday to Sunday,I don't give a Fok but at least take tennagers off the streets,they should be in school and not joining cult, gangs and learning how to vandalise,all the hungry children going to pick food from dustbin you form "e no consain me" now these same children that watched you lavish in wealth and rubbed it in their face without giving them education,jobs and food have now grown up to be a terror.oya Na wear gele dey go party now,enter your car go and show off.

I don't understand why Nigerian leaders Cannot think.now the chips are down you're now kneeling down.you never begin cry.

You had the opportunity to be a mother to these vulnerable children and youths,you were busy doing langba langba Kiri.now not even your money or security details can keep you because they're all compromised

She's now kneeling down to The children and youths she had the opportunity to empower that she didn't.meanwhile there are still many old fools like her that will never have sense

She will go to Church for Thanksgiving and be doing show off,carry ring pack full for fingers,carry 50bangles wear full hand and be showing off in encomium.a notable politician and socialite went to tinubus sons wedding wearing a 2 million Naira necklace Yen Yen Yen Yen Yen....

Etiri nkankan

They'll be doing audio scholarships claiming that they sponsored poor rural children to school meanwhile they'll divert the scholarships to their friends and cronies children and people that can kiss their ass very well.asiko Toma sunkun oyitide.radarada

2 Likes

Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by frog12: 9:53am On Oct 26, 2020
all these PEOPLE were governors or leaders and till date, they've NOT achieved ANYTHING ON GROUND !!!!

Angelfrost:
I'm sure she didn't try this stunt in front of a crowd of rampaging youths...

No need begging for forgiveness! There will be none to give!!!... Just return every dime you stole, you ROGUE!!! Same with every one of your fellow evil elders who took over from the military in 1999.

You useless elders destroyed this nation with your greed, selfishness, and wickedness!!! You all stole money meant to make life meaningful for your countrymen, for what?!! Just to secure the futures of several lineages unborn!!! None of you will go unpunished!!!

Dimeji Bankole
Good luck Jonathan
Ike Ekweremadu
Femi Fani-Kayode
Bola Tinubu
Raji Fashola
Umar Na'Abba
The entire Igbinedion dynasty
James Ibori
...Just to mention a few!!!

Begging will not suffice ma!!! Repent, Restitute, and go fvck yourself!!! Mtchewww!!!
Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by Angelfrost(m): 11:01am On Oct 26, 2020
frog12:
all these PEOPLE were governors or leaders and till date, they've NOT achieved ANYTHING ON GROUND !!!!

My point exactly!!!... Every last one of them should be hunted and hounded like common criminals that they are till they pay back in full!
Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by Eriokanmi: 12:13pm On Oct 26, 2020
Ebenezar2O21:
lol if I translate am give you you go cry
I do not need you to translate it cos I did not curse the guy. He called me a south-easterner because I did not take sides with his party . I now asked him to prove it saying in yoruba that...or else, he's a shameless being. If his response is a curse, it will backfire on him. The language you do not understand cant hurt you in anyway and if you did not curse someone and he cursed you in return, it's a waste of energy.

2 Likes

Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by muchroom(m): 12:56pm On Oct 26, 2020
Lmao. You do well. DECENCY3 has done that already.
Ebenezar2O21:
send me data make I watch am first then translate am for you.
I be Calabar boy
Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by Computerilitrate: 1:59pm On Oct 26, 2020
Eriokanmi:
I do not need you to translate it cos I did not curse the guy. He called me a south-easterner because I did not take sides with his party . I now asked him to prove it saying in yoruba that...or else, he's a shameless being. If his response is a curse, it will backfire on him. The language you do not understand cant hurt you in anyway and if you did not curse someone and he cursed you in return, it's a waste of energy.
he cursed your parents embarassed
Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by Sonoyom(m): 2:03pm On Oct 26, 2020
Blackking98:
Eyeneka mbok bip anye oo
That woman problem too much.
Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by Blackking98(m): 2:15pm On Oct 26, 2020
Sonoyom:

That woman problem too much.
Make she rest before ndito reason am
Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by Sonoyom(m): 2:19pm On Oct 26, 2020
Blackking98:
Make she rest before ndito reason am
No joy i swear.

1 Like

Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by Eriokanmi: 3:20pm On Oct 26, 2020
Computerilitrate:
he cursed your parents embarassed
Like I said, in the earlier post, I won't curse him back if that was what he meant because I didn't curse him in the first place. Ive transated what I said in yoruba in English. All I know for certain is, if what he said was a curse, it would back fire on him, except I did same to him.
Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by SweetDipBenny(m): 5:30pm On Oct 26, 2020
Start workin dats d only way
Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by DECENCY3: 5:50pm On Oct 26, 2020
Eteka1:
you have tried but you are not totally correct e.g she said last time she knelt down was when the Obong of Calabar ordained her as Obonganwan. You wrongly said church.

You're correct I guess I didn't hear well but when I later heard it well, I forgot to correct. Apologies.

1 Like

Re: Senator Florence Ita-Giwa Kneels Down To Beg Youths In Calabar by Emanodimo(m): 11:36pm On Oct 29, 2020
SOEJON:
She hasn't been senator since 2003 and she's from Calabar,Cross river .

I don't understand... U mean she has been senator since when?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Hushpuppi: Abba Kyari's Story On CNN / How Talle Mai Ruwa Was Burnt To Death In Bauchi For Blasphemy - Residents / Criticize President Buhari: Don't Insult Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.