Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,927 members, 7,821,247 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 10:22 AM

Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) (6917 Views)

List Of Casualties Of Lekki Tollgate Shooting - Judicial Panel / Anthony Okechukwu Died In An Accident Not Lekki Tollgate Shooting - Brother / Minutes Before The Lekki Tollgate Shooting On Tuesday (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by Chapii: 12:44pm On Oct 25, 2020
Eriokanmi:
Stop confusing yourself. Visit Google for help. Its free. The extension was until 9pm
when was the extension announced?
Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by Neddstark: 12:44pm On Oct 25, 2020
So sorry madam. It is quite sad what happened happened.
Please youths, obey the law of the Land. Just like you will not block the roads or do arson in America, don't do the same in your own country. It doesnt always end well.

Eriokanmi:
I doubt if you followed the story. The protesters did nothing wrong. They didn't bear arms. They were peaceful.

True, but lets be unbiased. The protesters should have left that spot after blocking it for 12 days. Government pleaded. President spoke. Judicial centers were inaugurated in various states. They should have listened. The blockade was becoming a problem for transportation. Elsewhere in Lagos, violent protesters using the endsars movement were burning police stations. It was getting out of hands The shooting wasn't fair but they really should have left the roads.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by Omoluabi16(m): 12:47pm On Oct 25, 2020
Killing people's children, stealing their corpses and denying it ever happened to please the obvious culprit in ABUJA. I pity sanwo olu and tinubu. When karma comes for their generation, they won't know what hit them.

3 Likes

Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by Omoluabi16(m): 12:50pm On Oct 25, 2020
Neddstark:
Please youths, obey the law of the Land. Just like you will not block the roads or do arson in America, don't do the same in your own country. It doesnt always end well.

True, but lets be unbiased. The protesters should have left that spot after blocking it for 12 days. Government pleaded. President spoke. Judicial centers were inaugurated in various states. They should have listened. The blockade was becoming a problem for transportation. Elsewhere in Lagos, violent protesters using the endsars movement were burning police stations. It was getting out of hands The shooting wasn't fair but they really should have left the roads.
Abi. The government too were slow. They should have used nuclear weapons on them since they were blocking the road.

5 Likes

Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by juman(m): 12:53pm On Oct 25, 2020
Senseless, directionless protest.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by Lagoon0: 12:56pm On Oct 25, 2020
Chapii:
It was extended way beyond 4pm. I heard of the extension around 6pm. Those guys had phones. They knew police stations are burning and yet they remained on the street.
Was police station burning at lekki? Lekki epe is different Lagos entirely most irrelevant things happening in general Lagos don't get to those side. Why did the military not go to protect the police stations?

4 Likes

Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by Eriokanmi: 12:56pm On Oct 25, 2020
Neddstark:

Government had always pleaded, set up panels of inquiries in the past without any results. The youths wanted results. They block roads too in protests in America. American protests are always bloody sef. But our guys had always conducted themselves peacefully and in an organised manner. They created alternative routes to lekki toll gate which would lead you to ligali ayorinde. I passed there twice. There are several ways of making the government feel your pain in any protest one of them is occupying a public facility which is the toll gate. A similar scenario was seen against George Floyd killings recently all over America.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by Lagoon0: 12:56pm On Oct 25, 2020
juman:
Senseless, directionless protest.
How is the protest senseless and government not senseless?

4 Likes

Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by bettyharry101: 12:58pm On Oct 25, 2020
Chapii:
The curfew was for 4pm not 9pm. It was extended for those stuck in traffic to get home. You are entitled to your opinion, while we condemn acts of impunity by our leaders we must not destroy our country.
oga it was extended to 9pm. I remember I was panicking becos the announcement came after people had gone to work ,I was thinking and horrified if I would be able to beat the traffic before 4pm until it was announce that it has been extended to 9pm. .Google is available to you , go back and the Lagos state govt annoucement regarding the Curfew.
The soldiers were wrong to have fired life bullet at peaceful protest and also guilty of enforcing the curfew 3hrs before the actual time of the curfew .Live were lost & people injured by gun shot ..we are humans & we should condemn this act ...

7 Likes

Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by Chapii: 12:58pm On Oct 25, 2020
Lagoon0:

Was police station burning at lekki? Lekki epe is different Lagos entirely most irrelevant things happening in general Lagos don't get to those side. Why did the military not go to protect the police stations?
self deceit
Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by capitalzero: 12:59pm On Oct 25, 2020
stephenduru:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_b6juhCCjg

A lady who lost her son in Lekki toll gate shooting has come out to speak out.According to her, she lost her son Anthony in the unfortunate incident.

It should be recalled that Nigerian army said that the video of the incident was photoshopped. However,DJ Switch insisted that many lost their lives in the incident.

Watch video in the link above

cc; Lalasticlala, mynd44

Source: http://www.trezzyhelm.com/2020/10/lady-who-lost-her-son-in-lekki-tollgate.html?m=1

This is just the beginning. Horrific stories of lekki massacre would soon come out. Wicked politicians and deluded supporters!!!

3 Likes

Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by Shortyy(f): 1:01pm On Oct 25, 2020
Chapii:
Madam, we sympathise with you but you should have taught your son what curfew means. It means the security situation is beyond control so everyone should go home.
This was all worked out by the state gov't and the army. Army attack, state gov't condemns, army denies. There was no massacre but I know if 2 or 3 persons don't go down, that crowd will not disperse. Protesters have been on the streets for over 10 days but when police stations started burning and police being killed coupled with other security breakdown, the gov't had to act. Generally, this is the effect of voting bad leaders, so in the next elections our youths should not be used to rig these leaders into office again. The incompetence of Buhari is nationwide, the North are even suffering more. Now we have seen the incompetence of Sanwo Olu and the greed of Tinubu.

Such a biased write up.

3 Likes

Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by Lagoon0: 1:01pm On Oct 25, 2020
Chapii:
I They wanted to obey the curfew they would not be there. If you watch one of the live videos from the incident, the guy said the "rich guys" already left that place. So Those that were there at that time were only ignorant. I sympathise with them but until our society gets better we have to keep managing.
Look at the nonsense you just typed!
First of all you guys said only fraudster are in support of the protest. Now you're saying the rich are not ignorant , its the poor that are ignorant and those are the people who's life was wasted!
People like you are asslickers , thats the major reason corrupt policians still have followers till today. Your mind set have been revealed (^_^)

6 Likes

Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by Tyriq: 1:02pm On Oct 25, 2020
Chapii:
It was extended way beyond 4pm. I heard of the extension around 6pm. Those guys had phones. They knew police stations are burning and yet they remained on the street.
Be reasonable bro, police stations were burning yet the government did not send the army there but chose to invade peaceful protesters.

3 Likes

Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by Lagoon0: 1:03pm On Oct 25, 2020
Chapii:
self deceit
I'm from epe I know what I'm saying. So don't just talk anyhow.

2 Likes

Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by Chapii: 1:03pm On Oct 25, 2020
bettyharry101:
oga it was extended to 9pm. I remember I was panicking becos the announcement came after people had gone to work ,I was thinking and horrified if I would able to beat the traffic before 4pm until it was announce that it has been extended to 9pm .Goifke is your friend go back and the the Lagos state govt annoucement regarding the Curfew. The soldiers were wrong to have fired life bullet at peaceful protest and also guilty of enforcing the curfew 3hrs before the actual time of the curfew .Live were lost & people injured by gun shot ..we are humans & we should condemn this act ...
blocking major highways for days is not peaceful protest. A flight from US had to go back etc. The only deaths that breaks my heart is that of innocent police men. That is why I like Buhari's speech. He spoke of police men that have lost their lives and not people disturbing public peace.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by istina: 1:03pm On Oct 25, 2020
Chapii:
Madam, we sympathise with you but you should have taught your son what curfew means. It means the security situation is beyond control so everyone should go home.
This was all worked out by the state gov't and the army. Army attack, state gov't condemns, army denies. There was no massacre but I know if 2 or 3 persons don't go down, that crowd will not disperse. Protesters have been on the streets for over 10 days but when police stations started burning and police being killed coupled with other security breakdown, the gov't had to act. Generally, this is the effect of voting bad leaders, so in the next elections our youths should not be used to rig these leaders into office again. The incompetence of Buhari is nationwide, the North are even suffering more. Now we have seen the incompetence of Sanwo Olu and the greed of Tinubu.

I will not curse you but will only pray for you that may you not use ur own hands to bury ur children

4 Likes

Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by istina: 1:05pm On Oct 25, 2020
Chapii:
blocking major highways for days is not peaceful protest. A flight from US had to go back etc. The only deaths that breaks my heart is that of innocent police men. That is why I like Buhari's speech. He spoke of police men that have lost their lives and not people disturbing public peace.

U r just looking for cheap publicity and no one will give it to u

4 Likes

Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by Neddstark: 1:06pm On Oct 25, 2020
Eriokanmi:
Government had always pleaded, set up panels of inquiries in the oast without any results. The youths wanted results. They block roads too in protests in America. American protests are always bloody sef. But our guys had always conducted themselves peacefully and in an organised manner. They created alternative routes to lekki toll gate which would lead you to ligali ayorinde. I passed there twice. There are several ways of making the government feel your pain in any protest one of them is occupying a public facility which is the toll gate. A similar scenario was seen against George Floyd killings recently all over America.

You are right. But they should have given the government a chance. We protesting today could be the government tomorrow. It will be frustrating if we are trying to do something genuine but still not given the ability to. The reason why the blockade had to end to me was because every street in Lagos started doing a blockade and with the jailbreaks and police station arson, it was taking a violent dimension. If the organizers had 100% totally peaceful intentions, they should have understood their cause was being used to cause disorderliness and should have terminated it with the call of curfew. .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by Chapii: 1:06pm On Oct 25, 2020
Tyriq:

Be reasonable bro, police stations were burning yet the government did not send the army there but chose to invade peaceful protesters.
The protest at the toll gate is the mother of others so they had to quench that first and others will go naturally.
Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by Chapii: 1:08pm On Oct 25, 2020
istina:

I will not curse you but will only pray for you that may you not use ur own hands to bury ur children
I am a law abiding citizen that believes in the rule of law and I will teach my children the same.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by Chapii: 1:10pm On Oct 25, 2020
istina:

U r just looking for cheap publicity and no one will give it to u
in an anonymous forum? If I wanted likes, I know what to type but I am concerned about the stability and prosperity of my God given country. Nigeria

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by Lagoon0: 1:11pm On Oct 25, 2020
Neddstark:

You are right. But they should have given the have understood their cause was being used to cause disorderliness and should have terminated it with the call of curfew. .
Lol see wetin you dey talk. Nigeria politicians were not ready to listen anything. People are already pushed to the wall.
If implementation started earlier the protest would have started ending.
But they just swapped names and gave promise thinking we're like our fathers

1 Like

Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by Notatribalist(m): 1:11pm On Oct 25, 2020
Chapii:
The curfew was for 4pm not 9pm. It was extended for those stuck in traffic to get home. You are entitled to your opinion, while we condemn acts of impunity by our leaders we must not destroy our country.
This one is talking from both side of the mouth. Can't you shut up if you have nothing to say?

2 Likes

Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by Chapii: 1:14pm On Oct 25, 2020
Notatribalist:
This one is talking from both side of the mouth. Can't you shut up if you have nothing to say?
Why should I do that? Let's not be carried away with hashtags, instagram live or sorosoke. If there is a total breakdown of law and order in the society, Jack Dorsey or Davido will not save you. Except you are one of the hudlums that wants to reap where they did not sow.
Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by Lagoon0: 1:15pm On Oct 25, 2020
Chapii:
in an anonymous forum? If I wanted likes, I know what to type but I am concerned about the stability and prosperity of my God given country. Nigeria
You're just running your mouth maybe because of selfishness. Every reasonable Nigeria knows this country is dying and those elite who are the cause of the problem are trying hard to defend the system but you pretend all is well in this country. You're the ignorant one here, and this just the beginning.
If death if anyone close to you in future we'll tag it false NEWS

2 Likes

Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by obyrich(m): 1:15pm On Oct 25, 2020
Sunnycliff:
Those looking for evidences, hope you can see one.

Take Heart ma
They will ask for evidences of all that were killed. From nobody was killed, to few people were killed. From no military was deployed to military did not shoot anyone.
The earlier we understand that we have a country without God fearing leadership, the better for us all.

3 Likes

Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by Chapii: 1:17pm On Oct 25, 2020
Lagoon0:

You're just running your mouth maybe because of selfishness. Every reasonable Nigeria knows this country is dying and those elite who are the cause of the problem are trying hard to defend the system but you pretend all is well in this country. You're the ignorant one here, and this just the beginning.
If death if anyone close to you in future we'll tag it false NEWS
I never supported the gov't in my post but we cannot destroy our country because we have at the moment incompetent leaders. There is always a future ahead of us.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by Neddstark: 1:23pm On Oct 25, 2020
Lagoon0:

Lol see wetin you dey talk. Nigeria politicians were not ready to listen anything. People are already pushed to the wall.
If implementation started earlier the protest would have started ending.
But they just swapped names and gave promise thinking we're like our fathers

Lagos state and many other states inaugurated judicial council against police abuse crimes
President gave a speech to youths on the matter.
State governor pleaded on TV, Social Media and on the dailies
Police started reforms and even stated that the new SWAT will not have members of defunct SWAT.
Lets face the fact, the movement changed from end SARS to remove Buhari. Like Segalink said, it became an insurrection against the government. They started selling opinions that what you are doing will need sacrifices but will birth a new Nigeria with youths. Yes the youths looting and vandalizing as we can all see.

2 Likes

Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by baby124: 1:24pm On Oct 25, 2020
Sorry for your loss. It was not in vain and he will never be forgotten. Locusts will feed on all harvests and fruits of the perpetrators. They shall never have peace and joy in their lives. The pain they caused you they will feel it to their 7th generation.

2 Likes

Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by jimmychang: 1:26pm On Oct 25, 2020
Chapii:
Na now I no say no be who dey talk much dey get sense...smh

2 Likes

Re: Mum Who Lost Her Son In Lekki Tollgate Shooting Speaks Out(video) by Tarabye: 1:26pm On Oct 25, 2020

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Northern Governors, Gbajabiamila, Celebrate SGF Mustapha At 65 / Sanwo-Olu Inaugurates Members Of Palliative Advisory Committee / Jonathan To Flag Off ZUNGERU Hydro-dam Project

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.