Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,714 members, 7,809,705 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:37 PM

Is It Right For A Christian To Join In Looting Palliatives? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is It Right For A Christian To Join In Looting Palliatives? (459 Views)

Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight Back As A Self Defense? / Apostle Suleman Reacts To Shoprite's Looting In Nigeria Over Xenophobia In SA / Is It Right For A Christian To Open His Business Office On A Sunday Morning? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Right For A Christian To Join In Looting Palliatives? by sonofjos(m): 8:05pm On Oct 25, 2020
It's very clear that the government is wrong in keeping these much needed aid from the masses at the time it was needed the most.

Non Christians may do whatever they wish, However, is it right for a born again child of God to join in the looting? Especially as I saw Many people online saying "it is our food"

I would like to know your opinions please.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Join In Looting Palliatives? by Kobojunkie: 8:08pm On Oct 25, 2020
sonofjos:
It's very clear that the government is wrong in keeping these much needed aid from the masses at the time it was needed the most.

Non Christians may do whatever they wish, However, is it right for a born again child of God to join in the looting? Especially as I saw Many people online saying "it is our food"

I will be honest with you here. I believe those who claim it belongs to them are right.

I don't believe that Government is God or works for God. In Nigeria's case, the Government is the people of Nigeria, and yes, the people are equally at fault as far as what is Nigeria today.

I go take as much as I can.... enough for all the poor people I know sef... God go forgive me! grin
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Join In Looting Palliatives? by writetopoker2: 8:12pm On Oct 25, 2020
Your answer is yes.

It is even in the bible, in the old testament, during famine, sometimes God permit these things to happen,
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Join In Looting Palliatives? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Oct 25, 2020
palliative is not been LOOT, it is been TAKEN.
you don't loot what is yours or what is your right or what belongs to you
you take them.
palliative belongs to the masses but were been deprived of it by greedy and stingy people in charge.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Join In Looting Palliatives? by sonofjos(m): 8:54pm On Oct 25, 2020
I was just thinking of this passage:

But I say to you, Do not resist the one who is evil. But if anyone slaps you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. And if anyone would sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. And if anyone forces you to go one mile, go with him two miles. Give to the one who begs from you, and do not refuse the one who would borrow from you.
Matthew 5:39‭-‬42 ESV
https://bible.com/bible/59/mat.5.39-42.ESV
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Join In Looting Palliatives? by sonofjos(m): 11:38am On Oct 26, 2020
csn01:
palliative is not been LOOT, it is been TAKEN.
you don't loot what is yours or what is your right or what belongs to you
you take them.
palliative belongs to the masses but were been deprived of it by greedy and stingy people in charge.

Taken and loot are the same na oga if y"taken forcefully.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Join In Looting Palliatives? by GeneralDae: 11:43am On Oct 26, 2020
When hunger mama you ehn?
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Join In Looting Palliatives? by Ihedinobi3: 11:55am On Oct 26, 2020
sonofjos:

Hey there.

This is what I read in the Bible:

1 Then Jesus spoke to the multitudes and to His disciples, 2 saying: “The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat. 3 Therefore whatever they tell you to observe, that observe and do, but do not do according to their works; for they say, and do not do.
Matthew 23:1 (NKJV)

​1 Let every soul be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God, and the authorities that exist are appointed by God.
Romans 13:1 (NKJV)

​1 Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work,
Titus 3:1 (NKJV)

13 Therefore submit yourselves to every ordinance of man for the Lord’s sake, whether to the king as supreme, 14 or to governors, as to those who are sent by him for the punishment of evildoers and for the praise of those who do good. 15 For this is the will of God, that by doing good you may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men
1 Peter 2:13-15 (NKJV)

So, it seems to me like we ought to never disobey those in authority, unless, of course, they command is to disobey God in one way or another. We must give to Caesar his due (respect, taxes, obedience), but we must also give God His due.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Join In Looting Palliatives? by gideonjeta(m): 2:03pm On Oct 26, 2020
Op, The post before my post is right. The fact that you were as it seems 'robbed' of some palliatives meant for you does not make it right to go and loot them. True Christians should not also act wickedly just like those that hoard the palliatives. Mathew 23:3, although refers to Pharisees, but it can still be applied in this instance, it is best we observe their wicked deeds but should not join them in doing what is bad before God. Stealing is Bad. The fact that they hoard palliatives does not make it right to go and loot them.
sonofjos:

Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Join In Looting Palliatives? by jesusjnr2020(m): 2:30pm On Oct 26, 2020
I don't think it's wrong because a man cannot steal what belongs to him.

If someone steals something from you, and you find the thing and collect it back even when the person's not around, you didn't steal it.

Abraham and David forcefully took back all that was stolen from them.

Genesis 14:16 (KJV)

And he brought back all the goods, and also brought again his brother Lot, and his goods, and the women also, and the people.

1 Samuel 30:18-19 (KJV)

And David recovered all that the Amalekites had carried away: and David rescued his two wives.
And there was nothing lacking to them, neither small nor great, neither sons nor daughters, neither spoil, nor any thing that they had taken to them: David recovered all.

So the thieves are actually those who illegally kept what belongs to the public from them. That's tantamount to stealing from the public.

God bless.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Join In Looting Palliatives? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 26, 2020
sonofjos:

Taken and loot are the same na oga if y"taken forcefully.
ask another person, if he or she said you are correct. then I own u an apology. Taking what belongs to you roughly doesn't make you a looter.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Join In Looting Palliatives? by CodeTemplar: 5:03pm On Oct 26, 2020
I say no but I acknowledge the fact that inequality and injustice can pressure a Christian into doing these things.
The palliative is theirs in a sense because govt is there to serve the people and for the people but looting it is wrong.
Re: Is It Right For A Christian To Join In Looting Palliatives? by BodePolScience: 10:39pm On Oct 26, 2020
The bible says 'let everything be done orderly and decently' so I think that answers yourself.

'He has promised never to leave us nor forsake us'

(1) (Reply)

Why Did God Decide To Take The Israelite To The Promise Land? / Dear Muslims Why Do You Like Calling Christian: Kafiri Or Arne? / Couple Conducts Their Wedding In A Shrine In Delta State (video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.