Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,579 members, 7,812,893 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:27 PM

#Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja (7297 Views)

What Portable Did To Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Osun Today (Photo) / Hoodlums Steal Obafemi Awolowo’s Glasses From Statue As Looting Continues / Rochas Okorocha Unveils Buhari Statue In Owerri (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

#Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by ikorodureporta: 12:59pm On Oct 26, 2020
cheesy

1 Like

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Nbotee(m): 1:00pm On Oct 26, 2020
Lolzzz.... E com resemble Fani Kayode.. Dis one na Fani Kawolowo

107 Likes 12 Shares

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by TecM0: 1:01pm On Oct 26, 2020
cool

Public property destruction is a crime.. hope this kids know that police are not doing their job any more doesn't mean you destroy our city

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by mynd1(f): 1:01pm On Oct 26, 2020
Now this is total disrespect.

7 Likes

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by JokeAdeleke: 1:02pm On Oct 26, 2020
Nbotee:
Lolzzz.... E com resemble Fani Kayode

Looolz

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by baby124: 1:02pm On Oct 26, 2020
Did they put real glasses on a statue? Maybe they want him to see clearly what these fake Awoists are doing to all his legacies.

24 Likes 3 Shares

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by godforus(m): 1:05pm On Oct 26, 2020
Resist the urge to bring tribalism in to this.
Zik's statue was burnt in Onitsha in the heat of #endSARS.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by ikorodureporta: 1:06pm On Oct 26, 2020
Nbotee:

3 Likes

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Righteousness89(m): 1:17pm On Oct 26, 2020
Nbotee:
grin

1 Like

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by IJOBA2: 1:17pm On Oct 26, 2020
mynd1:
Now this is total disrespect.
LETS BLAME IBOS

10 Likes

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Kwamecron(m): 1:21pm On Oct 26, 2020
He better see good now.

1 Like

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by MagicBishop: 1:26pm On Oct 26, 2020
TecM0:
cool

Public property destruction is a crime.. hope this kids know that police are not doing their job any more doesn't mean you destroy our city

It is absolutely Haram to have statues . That's why you will never see any statue in the north and also why Okorocha was stopped from erecting statue of Buhari .

I think Muric will agree to their destruction .

3 Likes

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by TecM0: 1:30pm On Oct 26, 2020
MagicBishop:

It is absolutely Haram to have statues . That's why you will never see any statue in the north and also why Okorocha was stopped from erecting statue of Buhari .

I think Muric will agree to their destruction .

Statues are not Haram however Idolatry or worshiping of statue is the Haram

UAE has countless statue on streets and roads, that North doesn't have statue is their own choice

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by walosky(m): 1:33pm On Oct 26, 2020
Now the dumb ass can clearly see where he and Zik led us into

10 Likes

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by ThatFairGuy1: 1:38pm On Oct 26, 2020
Insanity. The removal wants to be using it or what?

1 Like

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Coldie(m): 2:09pm On Oct 26, 2020
walosky:
Now the dumb ass can clearly see where he and Zik led us into
But he never wanted this, Awolowo never wanted one Nigeria it was Zik who did.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by DiagnoPolitics: 2:12pm On Oct 26, 2020
Tinubu lackeys and some yoruba muslims are putting up scripts to blame the Ibos. grin

3 Likes

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by RomanianNinja: 2:12pm On Oct 26, 2020
Government is now seeing zomtin
Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Rugaria: 2:13pm On Oct 26, 2020
Coldie:

But he never wanted this, Awolowo never wanted one Nigeria it was Zik who did.

So why was he caught fighting for one Nigeria under Gowon?

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Access03(m): 2:20pm On Oct 26, 2020
Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Coldie(m): 2:20pm On Oct 26, 2020
Rugaria:

So why was he caught fighting for one Nigeria under Gowon?
During independence Awolowo moved for secession clause Zik said no, that Nigeria must remain indivisible.

After he was released he statement was if the east is allowed to go the west too will go.

Igbo's need to be wise. This our foolish lifestyle of not knowing who our enemies are will one day consume us.

Under Awo the properties and business and rents of Igbo's in lagos were kept safe until we returned.

It was him who pushed for Igbo's to be compensated after the war, if they left some people #10 we no go see, yet we want to hate him.

Tinubu hasn't entered power we are trying our best to make him hate us for no reason.
Setting ourself up for another round of marginalization if he finally becomes Nigeria's president we need to think

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Jazzafizzy(f): 2:25pm On Oct 26, 2020
Nbotee:

I swear guy you get eye , as I enter Lagos from Benin na so I see am oo I come shock. Sey see seyi awolowo grand father oo . grin
Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Rugaria: 2:28pm On Oct 26, 2020
Coldie:

During independence Awolowo moved for secession clause Zik said no, that Nigeria must remain indivisible.

After he was released he statement was if the east is allowed to go the west too will go.

Igbo's need to be wise. This our foolish lifestyle of not knowing who our enemies are will one day consume us.

Under Awo the properties and business and rents of Igbo's in lagos were kept safe until we returned.

It was him who pushed for Igbo's to be compensated after the war, if they left some people #10 we no go see, yet we want to hate him.

Tinubu hasn't entered power we are trying our best to make him hate us for no reason.
Setting ourself up for another round of marginalization if he finally becomes Nigeria's president we need to think

You are skirting around the question... I asked: if he was so madly against the union, why was he caught fighting under the command of a less experienced northern soldier? When he could have simply stuck with his belief..All these talk about him saying he would leave Nigeria if the igbos were allowed to leave, what does that mean? Was his umbilical cord tied to the igbos? Zik didn't kill to keep Nigeria together, Awo did! He was the one who went to war to keep fulanis one Nigeria! What does that tell you?

9 Likes

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Coldie(m): 2:31pm On Oct 26, 2020
Rugaria:

You are skirting around the question... I asked: if he was so madly against the union, why was he caught fighting under the command of a less experienced northern soldier? When he could have simply stuck with his belief..All these talk about him saying he would leave Nigeria if the igbos were allowed to leave, what does that mean? Was his umbilical cord tied to the igbos? Zik didn't kill to keep Nigeria together, Awo did! He was the one who went to war to keep fulanis one Nigeria! What does that tell you?
Listen to yourself there was war going on in the east children were starving and dieing infrastructures being destroyed so u expect him to take his region to war too by pushing for breakup so that the Nigerian govt, the north and Britain would bring war to consume the west too? So they will destroy the west too then after 3 years life goes on?

Is that foolishness or suicidal thinking?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by gidgiddy: 2:36pm On Oct 26, 2020
Nbotee:

Thats exactly what I was about to say grin
Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Rugaria: 2:37pm On Oct 26, 2020
Coldie:

Listen to yourself there was war going on in the east children were starving and dieing infrastructures being destroyed so u expect him to take his region to war too by pushing for breakup so that the Nigerian govt, the north and Britain would bring war to consume the west too? So they will destroy the west too then after 3 years life goes on?

Is that foolishness or suicidal thinking?

I see..
How is your day going?
Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by ibedun: 2:39pm On Oct 26, 2020
Rugaria:

History lessons from RADIO BIAFRA!

World class mumu!

3 Likes

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Coldie(m): 2:42pm On Oct 26, 2020
Rugaria:

I see..
How is your day going?
I don talk my own o.

Our constant attack of tinubu will back fire. I am a tactical thinker I always try my best to think things through before I make my decisions.

Awolowo was never a bad guy, even this Tinubu guy if he becomes President smhw it would benefit our people a progressive Lagos means a progressive south and a progressive Nigeria. With the population of Igbo's in Lagos don't u think if tinubu becomes president with the attention he will give to Lagos smhw It would benefit our people too?

Let us thread with caution if we can't get president yet let's no throw away both the presidency and the benefit if being in the good sides of who ever wins

6 Likes

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Rugaria: 2:44pm On Oct 26, 2020
Coldie:

I don talk my own o.

Our constant attack of tinubu will back fire. I am a tactical thinker I always try my best to think things through before I make my decisions.

Awolowo was never a bad guy, even this Tinubu guy if he becomes President smhw it would benefit our people a progressive Lagos means a progressive south and a progressive Nigeria. With the population of Igbo's in Lagos don't u think if tinubu becomes president with the attention he will give to Lagos smhw It would benefit our people too?

Let us thread with caution if we can't get president yet let's no throw away both the presidency and the benefit if being in the good sides of who ever wins

Abi?
Looks like Tinubu Media Crew has been seriously reenergized..

4 Likes

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Coldie(m): 2:44pm On Oct 26, 2020
ibedun:

History lessons from RADIO BIAFRA!

World class mumu!
The level of ignorance going on in that radio Biafra is extreme.

Yesterday I was arguing with an anambra guy and a delta Igbo guy both ipob.

The arguments was extremely ignorant.

All the things they said what's your source radio Biafra, what's my own source I gave them facts they said that thing u dae show me no be person write am. I tire

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ondo State Denies Adopting Oodua Anthem / North Central Lawmakers Endorse Yahaya Bello For President, Stand With Buni / ‘Return Home’, Igbo Leaders Tell Igbos In The North

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.