Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,374 members, 7,829,970 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

#Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja (7323 Views)

What Portable Did To Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Osun Today (Photo) / Hoodlums Steal Obafemi Awolowo’s Glasses From Statue As Looting Continues / Rochas Okorocha Unveils Buhari Statue In Owerri (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by DenreleDave(m): 4:11pm On Oct 26, 2020
Grayoso:

He can't because he was never objective in his decision to hate Tinubu from the start. Bruv I praise you for your fair-mindedness and critical thinking ability. You seem someone determined to inspect things and issues yourself rather than allow anyone 'herd' or brainwash your thinking. Kudos.

If more Nigerians were like you, across the board, we would have a fantastic nation showcasing the best example out of all black nations on Earth.

Honestly Coldie did a great job..... Igbo shud leave tinubu alone and let yoruba criticize him... Igbo doing the criticism alone is only endangering Igbos in south west.. Especially Igbos
Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Daguccizgreat(m): 4:14pm On Oct 26, 2020
Coldie:

I don talk my own o.

Our constant attack of tinubu will back fire. I am a tactical thinker I always try my best to think things through before I make my decisions.

Awolowo was never a bad guy, even this Tinubu guy if he becomes President smhw it would benefit our people a progressive Lagos means a progressive south and a progressive Nigeria. With the population of Igbo's in Lagos don't u think if tinubu becomes president with the attention he will give to Lagos smhw It would benefit our people too?

Let us thread with caution if we can't get president yet let's no throw away both the presidency and the benefit if being in the good sides of who ever wins
Why does your mind keep conceiving that Tinubu will become Nigerian perisdent ? In your wildest dreams
Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Coldie(m): 4:16pm On Oct 26, 2020
Grayoso:

He can't because he was never objective in his decision to hate Tinubu from the start. Bruv I praise you for your fair-mindedness and critical thinking ability. You seem someone determined to inspect things and issues yourself rather than allow anyone 'herd' or brainwash your thinking. Kudos.

If more Nigerians were like you, across the board, we would have a fantastic nation showcasing the best example out of all black nations on Earth.
Before Nnamdi KANU I had this hate for Nigeria out of my love for Biafra and wish to get Nigeria broken. The only details I knew about the war us from stories from old people who will tell u how they fought in the war, or old women saying how they hid themselves how people died etc.

None of these people will ever tell u this is what caused it. They will only tell u the bad part and instigate u.

I hate Nigeria so much but I just settle down say Mk I do my own findings because I was so fixated on knowing everything about Biafra.

The details I got were disgusting. That was the day my eyes opened.

From that day I have been trying my best to educate my people anybody who has ears that refused to listen e concern them, plenty people that I used to explain to that started calling me Hausa man bla bla bla some don enter trouble out of ipob activities that a lot of them became active with cause they believed if they follow Nnamdi kanus directive's he will give them Biafra.

1 Like

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Coldie(m): 4:17pm On Oct 26, 2020
Daguccizgreat:
Why does your mind keep conceiving that Tinubu will become Nigerian perisdent ? In your wildest dreams
Except Tinubu no want if he does nothing can stop him.

Tinubu has paid his dues a lot of northerners are aware of this go to twitter and know about what the northerners think of tinubu. Tinubu has the support of the northerners, except Buhari decides to betray him
Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Coldie(m): 4:19pm On Oct 26, 2020
Rugaria:

So I should join the right side? The side of looters, abi?
Join anywhere u want but I said what I said

"If u keep fighting the wrong battles you will NEVER get justice"
Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Daguccizgreat(m): 4:38pm On Oct 26, 2020
Coldie:

Tinubu has paid his dues a lot of northerners are aware of this go to twitter and know about what the northerners think of tinubu. Tinubu has the support of the northerners, except Buhari decides to betray him
Now I know you're Yoruba claiming to be an Igbo. Keep on dreaming .

2 Likes

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Rahkman: 4:40pm On Oct 26, 2020
Nbotee:
Lolzzz.... E com resemble Fani Kayode.. Dis one na Fani Kawolowo
grin grin funny ass comment
Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Coldie(m): 4:55pm On Oct 26, 2020
Daguccizgreat:
Now I know you're Yoruba claiming to be an Igbo. Keep on dreaming .
How do u know a Yoruba and an Igbo man?
Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by TGMISKY(m): 5:07pm On Oct 26, 2020
Just take a look at that photo and see how electrically wired the nation is, yet no constant electricity
Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by MsAllison(f): 5:08pm On Oct 26, 2020
Nbotee:
hahahahahaha
people dey nairaland aswear
Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Daguccizgreat(m): 5:28pm On Oct 26, 2020
Coldie:

How do u know a Yoruba and an Igbo man?
I'm smarter than you bro
Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by kunle75(m): 5:29pm On Oct 26, 2020
Nbotee:

You're a baddass grin grin grin
Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by wingmanIII: 5:45pm On Oct 26, 2020
Coldie:

During independence Awolowo moved for secession clause Zik said no, that Nigeria must remain indivisible.

After he was released he statement was if the east is allowed to go the west too will go.

Igbo's need to be wise. This our foolish lifestyle of not knowing who our enemies are will one day consume us.

Under Awo the properties and business and rents of Igbo's in lagos were kept safe until we returned.

It was him who pushed for Igbo's to be compensated after the war, if they left some people #10 we no go see, yet we want to hate him.

Tinubu hasn't entered power we are trying our best to make him hate us for no reason.
Setting ourself up for another round of marginalization if he finally becomes Nigeria's president we need to think

Nauseating trash!
Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by wingmanIII: 5:46pm On Oct 26, 2020
Coldie:

How many "northerners"are on twitter or social media??
Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Asapchris(m): 5:47pm On Oct 26, 2020
They want to use it for money ritual grin grin grin cheesy
Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Munirboss(m): 6:40pm On Oct 26, 2020
TecM0:

Statues are not Haram however Idolatry or worshiping of statue is the Haram

UAE has countless statue on streets and roads, that North doesn't have statue is their own choice

There is statue in kano sef, opposite Airtel Head office
Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by TecM0: 6:43pm On Oct 26, 2020
Munirboss:

There is statue in kano sef, opposite Airtel Head office

Lol

Ipobians and lies., I thought he was even saying the truth

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Angelnath(m): 8:17pm On Oct 26, 2020
Coldie:

But he never wanted this, Awolowo never wanted one Nigeria it was Zik who did.
Awolowo is one of those that cause thiz gbegeh called nigeria. He have the ambition of ruling a great nation. His major reason of supporting the forcefull marriage. And he regret that decision till death (cos the britz wise pass am).
Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Nobody: 8:21pm On Oct 26, 2020
Nbotee:
grin
Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by suremanpatriot: 8:24pm On Oct 26, 2020
Coldie:

The level of ignorance going on in that radio Biafra is extreme.

Yesterday I was arguing with an anambra guy and a delta Igbo guy both ipob.

The arguments was extremely ignorant.

All the things they said what's your source radio Biafra, what's my own source I gave them facts they said that thing u dae show me no be person write am. I tire
ipob boyz are ignoramus uneducated unpolished no need to reason with this guys
Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Karemarealty288(m): 8:26pm On Oct 26, 2020
mynd1:
Now this is total disrespect.

To clay?

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Coldie(m): 9:00pm On Oct 26, 2020
Angelnath:

Awolowo is one of those that cause thiz gbegeh called nigeria. He have the ambition of ruling a great nation. His major reason of supporting the forcefull marriage. And he regret that decision till death (cos the britz wise pass am).
What's ur proof on this
Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by cocolacec(m): 6:39am On Oct 27, 2020
Rugaria:

You are skirting around the question... I asked: if he was so madly against the union, why was he caught fighting under the command of a less experienced northern soldier? When he could have simply stuck with his belief..All these talk about him saying he would leave Nigeria if the igbos were allowed to leave, what does that mean? Was his umbilical cord tied to the igbos? Zik didn't kill to keep Nigeria together, Awo did! He was the one who went to war to keep fulanis one Nigeria! What does that tell you?

He meant if the British allowed Biafra to go.Fulani has no real power without Britain’s support.

1 Like

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Seerade029: 6:59am On Oct 27, 2020
Coldie:

I don talk my own o.

Our constant attack of tinubu will back fire. I am a tactical thinker I always try my best to think things through before I make my decisions.

Awolowo was never a bad guy, even this Tinubu guy if he becomes President smhw it would benefit our people a progressive Lagos means a progressive south and a progressive Nigeria. With the population of Igbo's in Lagos don't u think if tinubu becomes president with the attention he will give to Lagos smhw It would benefit our people too?

Let us thread with caution if we can't get president yet let's no throw away both the presidency and the benefit if being in the good sides of who ever wins

You, Okoroawusa and Fergie001 are the blunt Igbos have met on this forum.

1 Like

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Okoroawusa: 7:51am On Oct 27, 2020
Seerade029:

You, Okoroawusa and Fergie001 are the blunt Igbos have met on this forum.
Thank you for the encouraging words bro.

I don't engage in those tribal shenanigans by my people. It's nauseating and hypocritical.
Are you aware that people that went to pack palliative were massacred in Awka last week? Have you seen it on the news anywhere? Have you seen a thread created about it on Nairaland? Have you seen anyone call out Obiano for that massacre? No! But the igbos will discuss the killing of people in Kwara,Edo n Lagos by soldiers. They will show the videos on their WhatsApp groups, tweet the videos n retweet.

It's purely hypocritical. The south east is one of the least developed region in Nigeria and we are not holding our igbo leaders accountable. I refuse to join in that hypocrisy and that has made me an anathema.

They was a time I used to care but now I don't care anymore.
Since 1960,the igbos have always aligned with the Hausa/Fulani up until 2015 but the Yoruba that have been in opposition since 1960 have not cried foul as much as the igbos have cried in the last 5 years.

Power is never given you either seize it by force, strategize to get it or deceive to get it. Power is everything. The igbos made their choice in 2015, repeated it in 2019 n now in the build up to 2023 no igbo is looking like a strong contender. We are busy chasing shadows. Helping Tinubu become more popular by talking about him every day.

My brother na siddon look I dey now. Anyhow e wan be make e be.
Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Angelnath(m): 8:17am On Oct 27, 2020
Coldie:

What's ur proof on this
u still asking for proof, what will make a man sell out his people if not his personal ambition.
Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by fergie001: 8:50am On Oct 27, 2020
Okoroawusa:

You are glaringly partisan, one which is your right though.

However, I agree with a few of your remarks.

1 Like

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Okoroawusa: 9:42am On Oct 27, 2020
fergie001:

You are glaringly partisan, one which is your right though.

However, I agree with a few of your remarks.
My brother show me one person who is not a member or not sympathetic to one party, person or the other... that person is a lier no matter how he or she denies it. Life is politics. Even in a family.

... thank you for agreeing "with a few" of my remarks
Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by fergie001: 9:57am On Oct 27, 2020
Okoroawusa:

My brother show me one person who is not a member or not sympathetic to one party, person or the other... that person is a lier no matter how he or she denies it. Life is politics. Even in a family.

... thank you for agreeing "with a few" of my remarks
That is not where I called you out.

You speak of Igbos who are tribal and try to amplify things in other regions, that is also a problem in ours. I have seen you advise one or two of them even though their replies have been very bad.

Not once, will you also correct or advise others who insult the Igbos by opening same threads you speak of. Not Once.

Supporting any Party is your right, but you can also call out those who support same party but attack and open such threads against your State or tribe. There should be some sharp distinction between both.

I did support a few remarks of yours because I know that the greatest enemy of one's progress is oneself. Our backwardness is been aided by our own leaders who we choose not to call out for reasons best known to us.

In this, I agree.

1 Like

Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by Okoroawusa: 10:40am On Oct 27, 2020
fergie001:

That is not where I called you out.

You speak of Igbos who are tribal and try to amplify things in other regions, that is also a problem in ours. I have seen you advise one or two of them even though their replies have been very bad.

Not once, will you also correct or advise others who insult the Igbos by opening same threads you speak of. Not Once.

Supporting any Party is your right, but you can also call out those who support same party but attack and open such threads against your State or tribe. There should be some sharp distinction between both.

I did support a few remarks of yours because I know that the greatest enemy of one's progress is oneself. Our backwardness is been aided by our own leaders who we choose not to call out for reasons best known to us.

In this, I agree.
You will never see me engage in tribal bashing. Never. I am above that.
Those that engage in tribal bashing are adults so they are purposefully tribal to achieve their desires. So calling them out is a waste of time and energy. I see all them( both the igbos n yorubas among them)as mischief makers.

I am more concerned about my own tribe,igbo, and our attitude to national discourse and politics.

Thank you once again for agreeing with a few of my thoughts n the civil manner at which we have carried out this conversations.
Re: #Endsars: Protesters Remove Eyeglasses From Obafemi Awolowo's Statue In Ikeja by fergie001: 10:57am On Oct 27, 2020
Okoroawusa:

Very clear enough.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kogi CoS, Asuku Hosts Kogi’s Brightest Students, Award Scholarships (Video) / Sanwo-Olu: Target For Completion Of Red, Blue Rail Projects On Course / Security Situation In Enugu Is Under Control - Police

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.