Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,555 members, 7,837,127 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:32 PM

How The Electoral College Determines Who Wins The US President - BBC - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How The Electoral College Determines Who Wins The US President - BBC (2026 Views)

DonaId Trump: I Will Give up Power If Electoral College Votes Biden In December / US Election 2020: The Electoral College System Explained / United States Electoral College Explained (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The Electoral College Determines Who Wins The US President - BBC by OlujobaSamuel: 5:00pm On Oct 26, 2020
Afamed:

It still has its disadvantage. The electoral college does not represent the popular votes.
For example Hilary Clinton got over 2m votes ahead of Trump yet she didn't meet the college votes
You are right, but it is likely to reduce violence at PU and also give opportunity to have people of sound mind leading us.
The president and vice can even be of different parties
Re: How The Electoral College Determines Who Wins The US President - BBC by waze63(m): 5:24pm On Oct 26, 2020
Abfinest007:
The electoral college is no more because trump strap it

This is not true

2 Likes

Re: How The Electoral College Determines Who Wins The US President - BBC by Mekenz(m): 6:42pm On Oct 26, 2020
Even bet9ja odds is against trump, I trust sha he will win.
Re: How The Electoral College Determines Who Wins The US President - BBC by Bejusttoall: 6:43pm On Oct 26, 2020
Thanks. It's informative
Re: How The Electoral College Determines Who Wins The US President - BBC by maybet081: 6:56am On Oct 27, 2020
thanks for this important information , actually I have heard about electoral college but I never know it plays such a determinant role in US elections.

1 Like

Re: How The Electoral College Determines Who Wins The US President - BBC by Blackmiserable(m): 5:54pm On Oct 27, 2020
Afamed:

It still has its disadvantage. The electoral college does not represent the popular votes.
For example Hilary Clinton got over 2m votes ahead of Trump yet she didn't meet the college votes

The electorate vote is the soundest system of voting because it doesn't just give people power to choose representatives, it strongly supports diversity and inclusion.

Imagine if we adopted that in Nigeria.
Re: How The Electoral College Determines Who Wins The US President - BBC by AmazonTopaz(f): 11:05pm On Oct 27, 2020
Blackmiserable:

The electorate vote is the soundest system of voting because it doesn't just give people power to choose representatives, it strongly supports diversity and inclusion.

Imagine if we adopted that in Nigeria.
In my opinion No please the system sometimes fails to follow the wishes of the electorate majority

I like the easy simple plurality the Nigerian system has it makes voting easy and the majority always having their way.This system you are advocating for does not always aligns with the majority of voters and majority rule is essential in a democracy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Least Visited Countries In The World / What It's Like To Be A Navy SEAL Sniper / Ukraine Beat 800 Russian Military Vehicles To Death

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.