Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,050 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:23 PM

Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela - Music/Radio (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela (20890 Views)

Nigeria �� Vs Ghana �� Which Has Better Music? Ghana �� Vs Nigeria �� / US Naval Force Performs Fela Kuti's "Water E No Get Enemy" / Meet Nigeria's Only Female Producer Who Produced Sean Tizzle's Pempe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by shevy878: 10:54am On Dec 17, 2020
shocked The Poster is an OLODO, perhaps an Indomine Generation .
What type of Music does Lagbaja Sings ? Ans= Afro Beat.
Who is the Originator of Afro Beat ? Ans= Fela Kuti.

Comparing Fela & Lagbaja is like You saying the Student is More brilliant than the School.

12 Likes

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Judolisco(m): 10:54am On Dec 17, 2020
We dey talk about music people dey talk about indomie generation like say we no get YouTube... Lagbaja sing pass Fela abeg... Fela wey go use 30 minutes play instrument wey no get head or tail...d lyrics sef abegiiiii.... If na activism now give it to fela

1 Like

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by naptu2: 10:56am On Dec 17, 2020
Timoleon:
You are intentionally being insincere. This is a street explanation of constant inflation happening in the country. How it’s easy to understand.

Learn to understand text before rushing in. I wrote 2nd tier.

DO YOU KNOW WHAT 2ND TIER MEANS BEFORE YOU JUMPED INTO MY MENTIONS??

2 Likes

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by neonly: 10:56am On Dec 17, 2020
isahsalee:
Like comparing eagle with butterfly, both flies but if you know you know!

It an insult to compare Fela in anyway
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by akigbemaru: 10:56am On Dec 17, 2020
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by LZAA: 10:56am On Dec 17, 2020
Is this some sort of joke
*walks out of thread *

5 Likes

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by harmony75: 10:57am On Dec 17, 2020
lagbaja na pikin ooo for fela na but love lagbaja he's creative and crazy and fela is greatgrandpa �������
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Analyst7: 10:57am On Dec 17, 2020
Omo I was shocked seeing some ppl say lagbaja is better, mehn pple no sabbi legend for the game, legend wey start the game, fela is simply a genius, I have all his songs on my phone and I put it on repeat, that guy is a freestylist with nice messages, am sure even lagbaja no go like this comparison

7 Likes

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by akigbemaru: 10:57am On Dec 17, 2020
Common now, Fela any time but the Indomie generation no sabi anything! Dem no born Lagbaja well near Abami Eda!

1 Like

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Felicity0001: 10:57am On Dec 17, 2020
rossniti:

I disagree big time.

You don't understand music.

Fela was on a totally different level from Lagbaja.

What do you mean by ''rhythmless beats''?

Fela?

You must be drunk.

Better go on Youtube and humbly listen to the music of the greatest African musician of all time.

Maybe you were in nappies 7 years ago when the Fela on Broadway musical was going on in theatres across the world, and attended by every major star on earth, from Jay Z to Beyonce, to Will Smith, to Spike Lee, to Alicia keys and Madonna, in honour of the great man.

Small children talking rubbish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkJfdqoKcYg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kzU5-xcSF4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp6KWhy2FAk

Hmm... Bless your heart for these videos they took me back to having some good memories.

Dont mind those indomine generation, they know nothing about music or its genre.

They think it's easy to write a song let alone come up with a genre? Just listen to the sounds, the beat, the rythem, the body movement, energy and art work. Amazing work all brought into life by one man Fela Anikolapko Kuti. Blesses memory.

If only the bad leaders of Nigeria allowed that man a single day of peace Nigeria would have been the home of music and entertainment of the world.

Children talking nonsense. Well, I'm not surprised! You can't dance to a beat you don't understand. Neither can you contribute to something you have no understanding of.

6 Likes

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Youngminister(m): 10:57am On Dec 17, 2020
No comparison. Lagbaja is Lagbaja and Fela is Fela

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Jaqenhghar: 10:58am On Dec 17, 2020
Liposure:
there's more to music than message
I know. Even the other points you mentioned are debatable. The problem I see with mist people is just because someone's music style doesnt appeal to them they feel it is not music at all. Fela's music was influenced by the Jazz genre. Not many people listen to or understand jazz in Nigeria. What people call jazz most times is just the cover of some soulful music done without any vocals

1 Like

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by osamz007: 10:58am On Dec 17, 2020
CalliDora1:

Lol..

Please whos that person in this meme? I always laugh whenever I see her face.or is it a he? That expression though lol.

I'm thinking it's Dora of bbn
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by baylrc4real(m): 10:58am On Dec 17, 2020
Some of this indomie generation wey no sabi anything come here dey spit trash. Common fela is the best and still the best in his genre kind of music called afro beat. He is Nigeria most fearless political activist who went to jail several times. Yes he's lifestyle was bad even his children condemned them but his originality can never be compared to another musician in Nigeria. Not even lagbaja who can't show his face till now. Who told you he doesn't have lyrics maybe you don't like it doesn't mean others does not love it...in fact no musician can play instruments till date like the way he did...yes lagbaja is also good but have you listened to his music and notice he doesn't even have good voice but a cracky bass voice he can't sing well without manipulating the voice and backup from a female singer. When the lady ego left him did you hear his songs again ......fela songs bad hmmmm but I bet you listen to and enjoy burnaboy who redefines many of his songs to get Grammy nomination and you also have heard about oritsefemi who became famous and rich with fela song double wahala. Don't even compare fela is the greatest Nigeria musician with more than 50 documentaries, yearly celebration in fact go and watch his funeral ceremony no artist in Nigeria can get that population and love.

3 Likes

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Gmajor(m): 10:59am On Dec 17, 2020
Lanretoye:
I am not an ethnic bigot but those igbo guys that lead this thread including the OP,make una just choose una swear.Fela wey den dey celebrate all over the world na him una dey ridicule for here.i don't know where any one of you are from but just name any artist you have that is greater than Fela.

You're the one who is a brain dead bigot.
Is Lagbaja an igbo man?

1 Like

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Sammyblack87: 11:00am On Dec 17, 2020
NewDelhi:
I'll give it to lagbaja. His music are more captivating, better beats and rhymes to put you in a dance mood. Even if you no dance you go dey shake head.

Give fela 10 mins to sing a song, he will use the first 5 mins for rythymless beats, 2 mins for lyrics wey no get meaning and the last 3 mins for another round of rhythmeless beats.

Lagbaja was way better in my opinion.
wait ooo... Which kine insults come be dis one now? Bcus I no understand. How can you compare Fela to Lagbaja? No let Lagbaja hear this ur nonsense oo. Me I no say u no even like Lagbaja, you're just pretending

4 Likes

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by lekki1444: 11:01am On Dec 17, 2020
this nigga crazy. even the beatles travelled all the way to nigeriA to come and play music with Fela

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by sylve11: 11:01am On Dec 17, 2020
rossniti:

I disagree big time.

Fela?

You must be drunk.

Better go on Youtube and humbly listen to the music of the greatest African musician of all time.

Maybe you were in nappies 7 years ago when the Fela on Broadway musical was going on in theatres across the world, and attended by every major star on earth, from Jay Z to Beyonce, to Will Smith, to Spike Lee, to Alicia keys and Madonna, in honour of the great man.

You shouldn't have bothered educating those kids. That's how some kids were comparing Lucky Dube to Bob Marley. embarassed cool

1 Like

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 17, 2020
osamz007:

I'm thinking it's Dora of bbn

lipsrsealed undecided
Ok.
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Fiwayemi(m): 11:02am On Dec 17, 2020
Ignorance is a disease,indomie generation. Those who thinks lagbaja kind of music is superior to fela anikulapo music shows you are not old enough, you belong to indomie generation.go and ask your parents, they should know better.

4 Likes

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by mkoabiola: 11:03am On Dec 17, 2020
Only indomie children will pick lagbaja over fela.

U don't compare fela with lagbaja.

There are not in same scale

1 Like

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Judolisco(m): 11:04am On Dec 17, 2020
shevy878:
shocked The Poster is an OLODO, perhaps an Indomine Generation .
What type of Music does Lagbaja Sings ? Ans= Afro Beat.
Who is the Originator of Afro Beat ? Ans= Fela Kuti.

Comparing Fela & Lagbaja is like You saying the Student is More brilliant than the School.
that u invented something doesn't mean ur type is d best... If not we for still dey fly plane wey Wright brothers invent or old cars made in d 1800's
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by yomi007k(m): 11:04am On Dec 17, 2020
rossniti:

I disagree big time.

Fela?

You must be drunk.

Maybe you were in nappies 7 years bago when the Fela on Broadway musical was going on in theatres across the world, and attended by every major star on earth, from Jay Z to Beyonce, to Will Smith, to Spike Lee, to Alicia keys and Madonna, in honour of the great man.

You dey mind them?

When I travelled to China, I met an American(white) man that listened to Fela. He had his record plates

4 Likes

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by tellwisdom: 11:04am On Dec 17, 2020
NewDelhi:

As in I have a file that contains all his album and music. It's almost 4 gig. The guy was an activist no doubt but some of his music no just follow. He go just dey talk nonsense. Reminds me of one of his songs. He wanted to bash government as usual. Before he started he started talking about yansh. Said something like "yansh na wonderful material property, woman dey use am shìt ,fvck, piss. Yansh is very wonderful.".

Abeg weytin concern yansh with the matter on ground. He go con use 80% time for beats, use 20% for lyrics.

Not taking away his greatness tho

Is yansh not powerful? Be sincere

1 Like

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by deeptechcool(m): 11:05am On Dec 17, 2020
naptu2:

g
The encyclopaedia... much respect sir.
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by arsenal33: 11:06am On Dec 17, 2020
Stupid question
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by stanisbaratheon: 11:07am On Dec 17, 2020
Fela is an activist and as such, you don't expect to hear what you like but the truth from him.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by abacusCm(m): 11:07am On Dec 17, 2020
CrownedPhoenix:
Compare Lagbaja to Femi Kuti.
No,to seun kuti

1 Like

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Exc2000: 11:07am On Dec 17, 2020
Fela is a trained musician and graduated from one of British top school, his beats and sounds are well put together

However Lagbaja is a very talented creative musician and entertainer

Both are great
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by koolaid87: 11:07am On Dec 17, 2020
Lion vs Tiger, who's more vicious?

It's a dumb question

Lagbaja will never even allow himself to be compared with fela.

Fela was greater than the Beatles.
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by karlriz(m): 11:10am On Dec 17, 2020
NewDelhi:

As in I have a file that contains all his album and music. It's almost 4 gig. The guy was an activist no doubt but some of his music no just follow. He go just dey talk nonsense. Reminds me of one of his songs. He wanted to bash government as usual. Before he started he started talking about yansh. Said something like "yansh na wonderful material property, woman dey use am shìt ,fvck, piss. Yansh is very wonderful.".

Abeg weytin concern yansh with the matter on ground. He go con use 80% time for beats, use 20% for lyrics.

Not taking away his greatness tho

I've seen many manner of hypocrisy but this one right here literally takes the cake.

You wrote about how he talked about yansh and how wonderful it is but in your abundance hypocrisy forgot to mention his numerous song that spoke against injustice and ills in the society??. See, one of the things I've realized about human being is if they want to rubbish you regardless of most of your good deeds or intentions, they do it with their stupidity well intact.

5 Likes

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Simpubozz(m): 11:10am On Dec 17, 2020
These people that always do this stupid comparison, what do you always stand to gain? it's not as if these people know your papa undecided

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Old-man Styled Puppet Dancing To Tekno's Monica Lover Lover Music / Falz Does Cover Of Childish Gambino's "This Is America" (Video) / Tonto Dikeh Ft Dbanj - Sugar Rush (official Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.