Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,412 members, 7,819,472 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:55 PM

Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela - Music/Radio (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela (20949 Views)

Nigeria �� Vs Ghana �� Which Has Better Music? Ghana �� Vs Nigeria �� / US Naval Force Performs Fela Kuti's "Water E No Get Enemy" / Meet Nigeria's Only Female Producer Who Produced Sean Tizzle's Pempe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by PDPdestroyer(m): 12:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
stayclearofme:

See children wey nor understand music. Go and listen to Fela's "equalization of pant and trouser" come and tell me if you understand what it means.
You really sabi music. The instrumental at the beginning with that bass guitar was magical. Kids don't know nothing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by 15ssDRIVE(m): 12:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
NewDelhi:

As in I have a file that contains all his album and music. It's almost 4 gig. The guy was an activist no doubt but some of his music no just follow. He go just dey talk nonsense. Reminds me of one of his songs. He wanted to bash government as usual. Before he started he started talking about yansh. Said something like "yansh na wonderful material property, woman dey use am shìt ,fvck, piss. Yansh is very wonderful.".

Abeg weytin concern yansh with the matter on ground. He go con use 80% time for beats, use 20% for lyrics.

Not taking away his greatness tho

A good musician should be able get listeners from all directions

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by hayoholla(m): 12:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
naptu2:
How do you explain this to people who don't know what second tier means?

I tire on, the guy deserves a better yabis
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by sholay2011(m): 12:53pm On Dec 17, 2020
Lagbaja
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Judolisco(m): 12:58pm On Dec 17, 2020
shevy878:

So you mean Man will one day Know More, than GOD ?
we are comparing two different men..... U dey carry God come... U Don see God b4?
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by LEXYLOV: 1:09pm On Dec 17, 2020
NewDelhi:
I'll give it to lagbaja. His music are more captivating, better beats and rhymes to put you in a dance mood. Even if you no dance you go dey shake head.

Give fela 10 mins to sing a song, he will use the first 5 mins for rythymless beats, 2 mins for lyrics wey no get meaning and the last 3 mins for another round of rhythmeless beats.

Lagbaja was way better in my opinion.
Too much of teens and toddlers in this forum now, this is getting too boring each day with their kiddies brain. How can someone ever compare fela with lagbaja. Who's lagbaja when comparing the afrobeat legends.
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by palsenator(m): 1:14pm On Dec 17, 2020
KingAzubuike:

I still don't know what people see in that fela. He fought against the government fine but his music were just meaningless. He sang alot of beautiful nonsense very meaningless lyrics

You agreed he fought against tyrants? what did he use to air his "weapons" if not his music? Yet dumbass like you are still looking for entertainment , whereas despite speaking against tyrants, he still managed to entertain..

As confused as you are , you said you agreed that he fought against the government and stupidly still asked what people see in him. You need psychiatric evaluation.. Ode!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by yinks77: 1:20pm On Dec 17, 2020
In my opinion, Fela is a better musician than Lagbaja. In virtually every aspect of music he suppase lagbaja. Ranging from the phylosophical aspect down to instrumentation. Good and original music stand the test of time and thats a perfect discription of Fela's music. Check out musicians of this generation who are able to sample Fela's music are indeed the reigning ones like brner boy, wizkid, Tecno etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by mechanics(m): 1:20pm On Dec 17, 2020
Fela
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by twind111(f): 1:20pm On Dec 17, 2020
illicit:
Lagbaja....

Fela was an activist no doubt but he was a poor musician, his composition sucks and his lyrics are not always friendly, sometimes vulgar
fela lyrics is too deep to decode easily . Listen to second verse of o.d.o.o he systematically talks of persistent inflation..

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by brio1408: 1:27pm On Dec 17, 2020
Liposure:
my mistake. That james brown song was da bomb. I listen to it growing up

Unfortunately, the real bomb maker wasn't given the credit.
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Segzy19: 1:27pm On Dec 17, 2020
Stop this nonsense comparison.

Their times are different.

Fela created a music genre lagbaja didn't..
Lagbaja used and still uses Fela's stuffs a lot.

Don't compare a creator with a creature...
Lagbaja is good, cool and dynamic with his music.
I prefer him because I am from his time but then Fela is the grandmaster

If you understand real music or play instruments (not all these autobeatz), you will understand what I wrote above.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by romunu(m): 1:44pm On Dec 17, 2020
What is Lagbaja?

1 Like

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by nakaman: 1:46pm On Dec 17, 2020
oga, fela na messanger o, till today he is referred as a legend, his prophecies are manifesting. no musician in this world that do not have handful of nonsense tracks, cut cap to whom cutting cap is due.
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Liposure: 1:48pm On Dec 17, 2020
brio1408:

Unfortunately, the real bomb maker wasn't given the credit.
so i heard
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by ADAMUdaCOWBOY: 1:52pm On Dec 17, 2020
BruncleZuma:
Dem no exist for the same era and their music although using the same sets of instruments, were different. Stop comparing.
They can compare if they like. How can anyone compare Fela with Lagbaja? Sir Paul McCartney of the Beatles came all the way to Nigeria to visit Deal's shrine and even he admitted it took him a while to enjoy sai me reception from Fela.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by naptu2: 1:55pm On Dec 17, 2020
Sir Paul McCartney talking about his visit to Fela's Shrine in the 1970s.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4Jnl4jERqE

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Gazzy88(m): 1:57pm On Dec 17, 2020
NewDelhi:
I'll give it to lagbaja. His music are more captivating, better beats and rhymes to put you in a dance mood. Even if you no dance you go dey shake head.

Give fela 10 mins to sing a song, he will use the first 5 mins for rythymless beats, 2 mins for lyrics wey no get meaning and the last 3 mins for another round of rhythmeless beats.

You're joking right? Lágbája should arrest you for defamation. How dare you say Fela sang rubbish? How old are you sef? Fela that's being celebrated in the USA yearly. Music isn't just about dancing only. Music goes way beyond that.

I won't be surprised at all. All these trashes sung by the likes of Davido and Wizkid you called music has dented your taste for real music. Fela created afrobeat while Lágbája play same afrobeat. Don't ever in your life disrespect Fela again. Even great Bob Marley respected Fela while alive. People like Fela comes once every 100yrs.

You need to tender a public apology to the Kuti family for this stupidity you just displayed.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Arkmanbuddy(m): 1:59pm On Dec 17, 2020
rossniti:

I disagree big time.

You don't understand music.

Fela was on a totally different level from Lagbaja.

What do you mean by ''rhythmless beats''?

Fela?

You must be drunk.

Better go on Youtube and humbly listen to the music of the greatest African musician of all time.

Maybe you were in nappies 7 years ago when the Fela on Broadway musical was going on in theatres across the world, and attended by every major star on earth, from Jay Z to Beyonce, to Will Smith, to Spike Lee, to Alicia keys and Madonna, in honour of the great man.

Small children talking rubbish.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IkJfdqoKcYg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kzU5-xcSF4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rp6KWhy2FAk

Don't mind the mumu guy jare...all these brainless kids just say trash online.
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Arkmanbuddy(m): 2:03pm On Dec 17, 2020
NewDelhi:

It shows clearly that you're a kid and know nothing about music. Fela created a new genre of music called the Afrobeat. Lagbaja was an entertainer but also produced quality music. Both are on different pedestals. Fela is an icon, anyday anytime.

I don't expect you to understand this as you know nothing about music.

3 Likes

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Brushstrokes20: 2:06pm On Dec 17, 2020
Seun pls caution your mods o!

This type of jamb / childish question should forthwith be restricted to the JOKES SECTION O!

Who dare compares the peerless Abami eda with somebody else?
What an insult!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Charlie2020(f): 2:08pm On Dec 17, 2020
Felt any day. Of course 'soapy' lovers will go for Lagbaja. Abeg sing me Suffer suffer suffer suffer suffer suffer suffer for World, na your fault be that

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by illicit(m): 2:15pm On Dec 17, 2020
twind111:
fela lyrics is too deep to decode easily . Listen to second verse of o.d.o.o he systematically talks of persistent inflation..

yeah, no doubt he got message but the melody and rythym is mostly nonsensical....
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Ojycelarma: 2:21pm On Dec 17, 2020
For comparing in the first place it literally means you don’t know what you’re doing, let them rest you can carry your argument to wizkid and davido..
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by helicoptarr: 2:25pm On Dec 17, 2020
Both had their different missions and flavours. No rich basis for comparison.
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by sylve11: 2:31pm On Dec 17, 2020
Truthteller2020:
Bob Marley died before I was born. Pls who is better between two of them?

While i will give credit to Lucky Dube as one of Africa's Raggae finest Artists, there will never be another Bob Marley and i will tell you categorically that U-Roy is way ahead of Lucky Dube, in fact plenty raggae artists are way ahead of Lucky Dube. But Marley? sad

I hope i have answered you and i hope you're satisfied? cool
Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by salford1: 2:32pm On Dec 17, 2020
naptu2:
How do you explain this to people who don't know what second tier means?

The bass guitar in that song O.D.O.O
Haven't heard anything like it in any other music cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by Wiifesnatcher(m): 2:32pm On Dec 17, 2020
NewDelhi:

As in I have a file that contains all his album and music. It's almost 4 gig. The guy was an activist no doubt but some of his music no just follow. He go just dey talk nonsense. Reminds me of one of his songs. He wanted to bash government as usual. Before he started he started talking about yansh. Said something like "yansh na wonderful material property, woman dey use am shìt ,fvck, piss. Yansh is very wonderful.".

Abeg weytin concern yansh with the matter on ground. He go con use 80% time for beats, use 20% for lyrics.

Not taking away his greatness tho

you're confusing yourself, what make him great if his song is meaningless ?

fela had remind Africa to always go back to their history and stick to their heritage in his songs, he made mention of how white change most of our beliefs and force us to belief theirs, they don't believe ours but they force to believe theirs

how can anyone even compare fela with Lagbaja? oni gele yi skeskele? na all lagbaja song get meaning?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by ENGINER(m): 2:35pm On Dec 17, 2020
Fela the legend

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by ajl: 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2020
Who in his/her right mind will compare Lagbaja to Fela. On what level? Is it the genius composition or the striking lyrics? Listening to Fela is like being ferried into a trance. If all you care is to shake butter to some nonsensical tunes, then Fela may not be for you. Go see Fela concerts on YouTube and then compare that to Lagbaja's concert.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Produced Better Music Between Lagbaja And Fela by inikamoze(m): 2:39pm On Dec 17, 2020
From the posts and comments here, I can tell most are indomie generation kids.

THEY CAN NEVER RELATE.

Imagine putting FELA and Lagbaja on the same pedestal? Insulting I must say.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Falz Does Cover Of Childish Gambino's "This Is America" (Video) / Nigerian Funk And Pop Songs Of The 1970s, '80s and 1990s / Tonto Dikeh Ft Dbanj - Sugar Rush (official Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.