Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,746 members, 7,827,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 04:23 PM

Nigeria Is Headed For The Greatest Economic Woes It Has Seen - More Poverty. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Is Headed For The Greatest Economic Woes It Has Seen - More Poverty. (394 Views)

Hardship: Tinubu Not Responsible For Economic Woes – Ambode / I Am Not Responsible For Nigeria’s Economic Woes - Olayemi Cardoso / Imoh Umoren: "I’ve Seen More Homeless People In New York Than In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Is Headed For The Greatest Economic Woes It Has Seen - More Poverty. by AristocraticMe: 6:40pm On Oct 26, 2020
The Economic Impact of the present situation in Nigeria will be felt for more than 5 years.

The most affected group of people in this whole riot and looting is the Small and Medium Scale Business and as we all know they are the back bone of any organization.

I in no form support the violence in regards to the Lekki shooting, i never supported it and will never, but the looting and anarchy going on presently will cause a greater problem than the problem we were trying to solve.

Shops are being looted, businesses burnt down, home being robbed and so on, we all hear of Somalia and Syria the present situation is not different from that.

I want to ask everyone a question today. If you were an investor will you invest in Nigeria ? my own answer is No.

No country can grow without foreign direct investment, most of the people i know who live abroad will never invest in Nigeria: some say the insecurity and lawlessness is too worrisome.

Let us use what ever means we have to calm the rioting and looting down, discourage it in anyway you can..... it is the only way forward.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Headed For The Greatest Economic Woes It Has Seen - More Poverty. by PissfulProtester: 6:42pm On Oct 26, 2020
AristocraticMe:
The Economic Impact of the present situation in Nigeria will be felt for more than 5 years.

The most affected group of people in this whole riot and looting is the Small and Medium Scale Business and as we all know they are the back bone of any organization.

I in no form support the violence in regards to the Lekki shooting, i never supported it and will never, but the looting and anarchy going on presently will cause a greater problem than the problem we were trying to solve.

Shops are being looted, businesses burnt down, home being robbed and so on, we all hear of Somalia and Syria the present situation is not different from that.

I want to ask everyone a question today. If you were an investor will you invest in Nigeria ? my own answer is No.

No country can grow without foreign direct investment, most of the people i know who live abroad will never invest in Nigeria: some say the insecurity and lawlessness is too worrisome.

Let us use what ever means we have to calm the rioting and looting down, discourage it in anyway you can..... it is the only way forward.

Apt!

15 impotent cows for your eating pleasure!

99% of our youths don't see things this way. I smh in pity. I pity this generation.

No kind of looting is justifiable..call it palliative or whatever. Although when you loot palliatives from government, you can easily be pardoned as it's a clear evidence of unbearable hunger.

Looting and burning of properties is insane. With the trending embarrassing development, I have changed my mind from investing here in Nigeria to investing in something like crypto assets. At least this cannot be easily looted if you understand well how it works
Re: Nigeria Is Headed For The Greatest Economic Woes It Has Seen - More Poverty. by jumper524(m): 6:57pm On Oct 26, 2020
so sad no body is accepting responsibility for their actions and inactions.
the leaders ain't committed to serving the people and the people are lazying around blaming the leader..
until we accept the fact that underproductive overpopulation Is a major problem in the country,
till then would we reduce our liability before heading for progress..
Re: Nigeria Is Headed For The Greatest Economic Woes It Has Seen - More Poverty. by capitalzero: 7:02pm On Oct 26, 2020
AristocraticMe:

Thanks to brainless leaders who think guns can bring peace. There can never be peace without justice.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Is Headed For The Greatest Economic Woes It Has Seen - More Poverty. by capitalzero: 7:06pm On Oct 26, 2020
jumper524:
the leaders ain't committed to serving the people and the people are lazying around blaming the leader..
until we accept the fact that underproductive overpopulation Is a major problem in the country,

Nigeria can not progress until leaders stop looting national treasuries. Followers will keep learning from the leaders in art of looting .
Corrupt leaders should be treated as common criminals.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Headed For The Greatest Economic Woes It Has Seen - More Poverty. by AristocraticMe: 7:11pm On Oct 26, 2020
PissfulProtester:

Apt!

15 impotent cows for your eating pleasure!

99% of our youths don't see things this way. I smh in pity. I pity this generation.

No kind of looting is justifiable..call it palliative or whatever. Although when you loot palliatives from government, you can easily be pardoned as it's a clear evidence of unbearable hunger.

Looting and burning of properties is insane. With the trending embarrassing development, I have changed my mind from investing here in Nigeria to investing in something like crypto assets. At least this cannot be easily looted if you understand well how it works
I feel you bro......... investing in Nigeria is too risky and economical it does not make sense.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Is Headed For The Greatest Economic Woes It Has Seen - More Poverty. by AristocraticMe: 7:31pm On Oct 26, 2020
jumper524:
Exactly no body wants to take responsibility. we keep pushing it here and there.
There are some major players i really blamed for the worse state of Nigeria.

The Rich ( Whether politically rich and entertainment rich or inheritance money rich )

The Religious Leader - They keep telling their followers to pray on issue God has given us power over, we should only pray for peace. For example do you pray when you want to buy a phone ? No................ you look at the phone, read previews and test it if possible, then you make your choice. Simple.

The Political class ( In Nigeria the masses choice is limited to who ever the party put forward, It is in Nigeria i am 100% sure a mentally chalenged man with money can be governor or even president, even if he is not okay upstairs.
In developed nations, the party caucus will screen their aspirant to make sure they can move the country forward with their policy before they even bring you out......... you know why ? they are have vested interest in moving the country forward (investments and so on)
The reverse is in Nigeria, look at the case of Yaradua, Obasanjo knew he was sick but he still put him forward and we all know how it affected the nation, same with Buhari, this is a man who is uneducated, old and a known dictator, guess what they still put him forward ....... where do they expect he will head the country to ?

You cant plant yam and expect to reap banana..... No way

I have more to say but i will be back soon
Re: Nigeria Is Headed For The Greatest Economic Woes It Has Seen - More Poverty. by AristocraticMe: 7:33pm On Oct 26, 2020
capitalzero:

Nigeria can not progress until leaders stop looting national treasuries. Followers will keep learning from the leaders in art of looting .
Corrupt leaders should be treated as common criminals.
i understand you.... but the looting wont solve the issue, there are better ways. okay when will it end and after looting what is the next action ? there will be looting round 2, robbery and a total lost of law and order

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Is Headed For The Greatest Economic Woes It Has Seen - More Poverty. by capitalzero: 7:40pm On Oct 26, 2020
AristocraticMe:
i understand you.... but the looting wont solve the issue, there are better ways. okay when will it end and after looting what is the next action ? there will be looting round 2, robbery and a total lost of law and order

My philosophy is there can never be peace without truth and justice. We will just be dancing around a circle as a nation.

(1) (Reply)

Vacancy Of Power. oct 31st Last Day Of Ouattara In Office / Anyone Knows The Cause Of The Gunshot At Ladipo / PDP Leadership Moves To Avert Crisis In Ebonyi, Meets With Gov Dav Umahi_Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.