Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,928 members, 7,828,213 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 06:31 AM

ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike (26112 Views)

Gbajabiamila Deceived Us To Call Off Strike ― ASUU / ASUU: Why We Won't Call Off Strike - Lecturers / ASUU Calls Off Strike: See Funny Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by kjsun15: 9:26am On Oct 27, 2020
It is cristal clear that Ngige and AGF should be held responsible for any students unrest in the coming days.
The Senate leaders advised ASUU and government reps to meet at half way of whatever agreement they had in the past. Expressly, ASUU move to the half way but Ngige and AGF are foot dragging the Senate's advice by calling for unnecessary meetings here and there.
ASUU for example had agreed with federal govt to release #220 billion for revitalization of education sector, now based on Senate's advice, ASUU agreed to #110 billion with a clause that the money should be released in the next four years so as to make it easy for government why government was asked to pay salaries arrears of her workers to show sincerity to the on going dialogue. Up till now, one naira have not been paid. Even, the earn academic allowance owed by govt in the past five years which are in tune of #40 billion, the govt pleaded to pay #30 billion out it, and the remaining #10 would be paid mid next year 2021, for students to go back to class, ASUU agreed this govt offer. Why Ngige and co failed to do there bits? Students! please be on the alert to know when to ask questions.
Again, students should just know who to be held responsible.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by Alrine1: 9:29am On Oct 27, 2020
Few month used hp pavilion 14 x360* core-i5-8th gen/1tb 8gb/14” touchscreen /win 10 (nvidia) for sale..
(Very Clean)
Price 195k.. negotiable
Call 08141570543..
Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 9:29am On Oct 27, 2020
kjsun15:
It is cristal clear that Ngige and AGF should be held responsible for any students unrest in the coming days.
The Senate leaders advised ASUU and government reps to meet at half way of whatever agreement they had in the past. Expressly, ASUU move to the half way but Ngige and AGF are foot dragging the Senate's advice by calling for unnecessary meetings here and there.
ASUU for example had agreed with federal govt to release #220 billion for revitalization of education sector, now based on Senate's advice, ASUU agreed to #110 billion with a clause that the money should be released in the next four years so as to make it easy for government why government was asked to pay salaries arrears of her workers to show sincerity to the on going dialogue. Up till now, one naira have not been paid. Even, the earn academic allowance owed by govt in the past five years which are in tune of #40 billion, the govt pleaded to pay #30 billion out it, and the remaining #10 would be paid mid next year 2021, for students to go back to class, ASUU agreed this govt offer. Why Ngige and co failed to do there bits? Students! please be on the alert to know when to ask questions.
U said it all bro, the students should hold the government accountable not ASUU

2 Likes

Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by Collinsemegreat(m): 9:31am On Oct 27, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
Direct Ur curses to the government not ASUU, Nigerian educational sector is rotten and dilapidated, dat's the same reason why I never schooled in Nigeria

That's why you won't understand what it means to being in same level for a minimum of 2years
Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by Jerewise332(m): 9:33am On Oct 27, 2020
Ikillbrokehoes:
Don't be too sure boy, I will like them to resume so that these kids on these forum would stop typing rubbish

You're likely typing rubbish too

It's this forum not these forum grin grin

1 Like

Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 9:35am On Oct 27, 2020
Jerewise332:

You're likely typing rubbish too
It's this forum not these forum grin grin
K
Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by Chideragodwin(m): 9:36am On Oct 27, 2020
Hmmm It is well ooo cry

Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by Ikillbrokehoes(m): 9:36am On Oct 27, 2020
Collinsemegreat:

That's why you won't understand what it means to being in same level for a minimum of 2years
You need to blame the government, they are the reasons why tertiary institutions in Nigeria are shitty, just take a look at Ghana federal government institution and compare it with any top Nigerian institutions and u will see the huge difference

1 Like

Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by Celebsnews2: 9:48am On Oct 27, 2020
Both the government and ASUU are thieves.

Just in: Nigerian Comedian, Ebiye, has finally been arrested, humiliated and detained by the police for not paying for a Benz he got on credit last year...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt5t65ZMrmQ
Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by Nobody: 9:50am On Oct 27, 2020
Doradorwa:
I've never suffered heartbreak this hard before hmmm.... The federal government should just yield to ASUU request.... It's not as if they are asking for what is out of their jurisdiction..... God.... with all the suspense and prayers. This disappointment simply render me weak....
Dora Dora grin grin ....I know say your comment go dey here grin las las God no go shame us
Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by KingsleyA2(m): 9:52am On Oct 27, 2020
AmeLonRo:
This is the question you should ask the government. Let them pay ASUU All their entitlements as agreed anyway or anyhow. Fund education via any bank and anyone. If ASUU still misbehaves then we all will know. But since NASU, SSANU, and many other toothless unions are complaining on ippis, it's imperative that we take ASUU serious. ASUU members have not been paid for 4 months now and some for 7months. If na you wetin you go do?

Makes a lot of sense, let the govt use the UTAS and if ASUU still misbehaves, then we will know who the problem is...

1 Like

Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by Damian10(m): 10:11am On Oct 27, 2020
why am i not surprised at all this bullshit...it's such a shame that ASUU would forever use student as bait for their selfish wants, there claim to care but we all know the truth under. as for the govt, there is a God somwhere and he doesn't slumber.

1 Like

Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by sybersofty(m): 10:16am On Oct 27, 2020
Assu werey.... Fed. Gov oloriburuku
grin
Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by Aguilar(m): 10:26am On Oct 27, 2020
jetguy:
God, the only thing i need from you is that bless me abundantly so that non of my children wouldn't school for this country ...
4 years course they will turn it to 6 years, what a pity,
i didn't blame them, its because their children are not schooling in Nigeria, you guys should continue oppress the masses, one thing for sure is that God will arise one day and judge you one by one�
no be only you bros
Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by ivili(m): 10:34am On Oct 27, 2020
mespusinglez:
Bad Meets Evil
Lol �I reckon a story about two outlaws,two gun slingers.Hopefully both will die on that cold night.........
Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by Grateful02(m): 10:35am On Oct 27, 2020
Swears.. Thank God I saw most of my results before Aunty Corona came.
Wahala for those were never see their results. lol
Doradorwa:
I've never suffered heartbreak this hard before hmmm.... The federal government should just yield to ASUU request.... It's not as if they are asking for what is out of their jurisdiction..... God.... with all the suspense and prayers. This disappointment simply render me weak....
Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by Nobody: 10:41am On Oct 27, 2020
Grateful02:
Swears.. Thank God I saw most of my results before Aunty Corona came.
Wahala for those were never see their results. lol
My brother EKSU Portal just dey crash, dey crash, results dey pending like mad. Though this coronavirus pandemic was actually very useful and helpful this ASUU strike is not.... But the reason I'm kind of this happy is that unilorin has joined ASUU... No more discrimination...... Aluta continua
Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 27, 2020
I beg government to release d money now ooo, cos I don't want to hear something like "hoodlums in Abuja break into the CBN and carted away with the money budgeted for ASUU"

1 Like

Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by ozone29(m): 11:59am On Oct 27, 2020
KingsleyA2:
ASUU una dey craze!!! Is it normal for me to employ staffs to work for my factory and propose to pay them via bank transfer, then they go on strike and say I must pay them through their union cooperative thrift. Haba....I am the boss for goodness sake.
What about their peculiarities that ippis failed to capture should they forget about that?
What happens to the University autonomy?
University system and the way u run ur factory are not in any way related.
Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by AustineJohn908(m): 12:36pm On Oct 27, 2020
SilverNorGold:
President Mohammadu Buhari means well for Nigeria.. Sometimes, I wish we were all like President Buhari.. Nigeria would have long surpassed our expectations to become way better than we've dreamed it to be..

President Mohammadu Buhari and a few others are the only Nigerians I can bet my life, and the lives of all Nairalanders and Nigerians as a whole, on that genuinely want the best for Nigeria. President Mohammadu Buhari, Professor Osinbajo, and just a few Nigerians.. If Nigeria was Sodom or Gomorrah, only the few of them would survive the destruction, while the rest, including those that plundered our resources and refused to save for the rainy days, would be burnt to ashes..

How I wish.. How I wish we were all like President Mohammadu Buhari and his loyal and industrious deputy, Professor Osinbajo.

May God help us.
Just shutup.
he is a good man yet left students at home for over 8 months? no allow Amadioha fire that your mouth for you o.
I can never put my trust in any politician. especially that bigot you call President.
eyah adiok nor afo!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by AustineJohn908(m): 12:37pm On Oct 27, 2020
SilverNorGold:
President Mohammadu Buhari means well for Nigeria.. Sometimes, I wish we were all like President Buhari.. Nigeria would have long surpassed our expectations to become way better than we've dreamed it to be..

President Mohammadu Buhari and a few others are the only Nigerians I can bet my life, and the lives of all Nairalanders and Nigerians as a whole, on that genuinely want the best for Nigeria. President Mohammadu Buhari, Professor Osinbajo, and just a few Nigerians.. If Nigeria was Sodom or Gomorrah, only the few of them would survive the destruction, while the rest, including those that plundered our resources and refused to save for the rainy days, would be burnt to ashes..

How I wish.. How I wish we were all like President Mohammadu Buhari and his loyal and industrious deputy, Professor Osinbajo.

May God help us.
Just shutup.
he is a good man yet left students at home for over 8 months? no allow Amadioha fire that your mouth for you o.
I can never put my trust in any politician. especially that bigot you call President.
eya adiok nor afo!
Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by ofiko123(m): 12:37pm On Oct 27, 2020
Don't call it off o..we are not even ready to return to school... We have moved on..
Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by khanivorous(f): 1:00pm On Oct 27, 2020
kjsun15:

So long as that short devil NGIGE is part of the Fg team, this strike will drag to 2022.

Very wicked, useless and incompetent midget that negotiated minimum wage implementation for 4 years until the wage lost its value.
Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by Nobody: 1:02pm On Oct 27, 2020
[s]
SilverNorGold:

May God help us.
[/s]
Park well with this your careless cappings. undecided

1 Like

Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by Rajosh(m): 1:14pm On Oct 27, 2020
may God punish both ASUU and fg. almost a year gone like that.
Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by ProcurementExp: 2:51pm On Oct 27, 2020
Pls do something ooo
Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by ProcurementExp: 2:53pm On Oct 27, 2020
they are working on something good for us
Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by Rapture4real(m): 5:50pm On Oct 27, 2020
Students have been demoralised already and lost interest in education.Six months strike called off last year because of May election.Now after nine months in sch.,another seven months strike still counting.My pain is that the lecturers will still collect outstanding salaries. Who suffer? ASUU, FG ,Students. The students bear the brunt and you will say they are unemployable.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by Tiwatopebabe(f): 7:12pm On Oct 27, 2020
#endASUU
#endASUU
#endASUU
If we take out time to reflect on the quagmire of frustrating never-ending problems that this country has found herself today, we will establish the significant role ASUU played. It began with those empty professors. Of what use is your Western education if it cannot better the lot of your fatherland? We expected so much from them during the election but they put integrity aside and rigged the election. Why didn't we leave it to the thugs then? Some of us trusted you, we said, "give it to the enlightened and educated. They'll do it better". Thanks for proving us wrong. You're just so square peg in a round hole eventually.
No wonder their products are looters, bad politicians, leaders without focus. Simply because you sacrificed intergrity for money. Continue "eating" the money. Your day of reckoning is near.
You are the Same ones who won't go to classes yet you won't allow budding graduates to blossom. Look at you, Lord of your fallen jungle. Did you see how much you have contributed to the fall of education? There was a time youths would aspire to get to the university, now they've bleeped it. When, while you were supposed to be fighting for an effective university-ing, you were fighting for money. Allocations. Stupid allocations that has never been used for the upgrading of any university. And fighting for it means the students will stay at home for months and months, year in, year out. I'm yet to see a year you don't go on strike. For what? For your selfish reason.
All of a sudden, the university has almost become a time-wasting tool. Shame. But don't worry, those you lord over are into 'Yahoo'. They'll come back to make up the bad government that you created in the first place. While I'm sure you'll still be tabling requests of money. All you know how to do.
We are getting towards that time, when the university will be an ordinary estate and ASUU, a shadow of its empty self.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by Collinsemegreat(m): 7:19pm On Oct 27, 2020
Tiwatopebabe:
#endASUU
#endASUU
#endASUU
If we take out time to reflect on the quagmire of frustrating never-ending problems that this country has found herself today, we will establish the significant role ASUU played. It began with those empty professors. Of what use is your Western education if it cannot better the lot of your fatherland. We expected so much from them during the election but they put integrity aside and rigged the election. Why didn't we leave it to the things then? Some of us trusted you, we said, "give it to the enlightened and educated. They'll do it better". Thanks for proving us wrong. You're just so square peg in a round hole eventually.
No wonder their products are looters, bad politicians, leaders without focus. Simply because you sacrificed intergrity for money. Continue "eating" the money. Your day of reckoning is near.
You are the Same ones who won't go to classes yet you won't allow budding graduates to blossom. Look at you, Lord of your fallen jungle. Did you see how much you have contributed to the fall of education? There was a time youths would aspire to get to the university, now they've bleeped it. When, while you were supposed to be fighting for an effective university-ing, you were fighting for money. Allocations. Stupid allocations that has never been used for the upgrading of any university. And fighting for it means the students will stay at home for months and months, year in, year out. I'm yet to see a year you don't go on strike. For what? For your selfish reason.
All of a sudden, the university has almost become a time-wasting tool. Shame. But don't worry, those you lord over are into 'Yahoo'. They'll come back to make up the bad government that you created in the first place. While I'm sure you'll still be tabling requests of money. All you know how to do.
We are getting towards that time, when the university will be an ordinary estate and ASUU, a shadow of its empty self.

bless u for this!

1 Like

Re: ASUU: Why We Haven't Called Off Strike by JIMMY1393: 7:24pm On Oct 27, 2020
NwadykExcel:
ASUU Continue ooooooo

Don't stop!
Universities need funding immensly so don't stop till it is acquired.

Because no be Dem dey hold back

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

UNICAL Students Stage A Peaceful Protest (Photos) / Folorunsho Alakija Is Building Osun State Teaching Hospital / Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.