Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,473 members, 7,816,118 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) (26075 Views)

Video Of A Lecturer Sexually Harassing A Student Released By RSUTV - UNIPORT / Uniport Lecturer Develops Biometric Software Used For Attendace / Age: David Okorogheye Denied Admission From Studying Medicine For Being 15 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by Islie: 1:39pm On Jan 26
A lecturer at the Department of English, University of Port Harcourt, Mazi Eze, has shared his frustration after being denied a N5 million loan due to his monthly salary of N191,000.

Narrating his experience in a post on his Facebook page on Thursday, Eze recalled his visit to First Bank, Choba, where he sought a loan to enhance his Public Speaking Academy Limited and acquire social media gadgets but was told by his account officer that his salary was not enough for the loan he demanded.

Eze expressed disappointment over the challenges faced by academic staff members at the institution, highlighting the significant salary gap compared to counterparts in other universities who reportedly receive monthly incomes ranging from N230,000 to N250,000..

He wrote, “Yesterday, I got insulted big time! By my UNIPORT salary!

“I went to my bank, First Bank, Choba to borrow N5 million. My account officer, a jolly good lady, said, ‘We cannot give you up to that amount as a loan.’ ‘Why?’ I asked.

“‘Your salary cannot carry it. Wait, let me see.’ She clicked away at her desktop computer and said, ‘Your salary is N191,000. We can only give you 1.something million repayable within three years.’

“I shook my head and replied, ‘I don’t need 1.something million. What I need is N5 million. I need to fully equip my Public Speaking Academy Limited. I need to buy some gadgets for my social media engagements.’

The lady said, ‘Sorry Sir, your salary cannot carry it.’ That day, I went home without getting the loan. I went home sad. Angry. Depressed. I’m 10+ years as a lecturer in UNIPORT. I have a PhD And my take-home pay is N191,000.

Some of my colleagues who are at my salary scale level in Federal Polytechnic, Nekede, Bori Polytechnic, and Rivers State University receive between N230,000 and N250, 000 monthly. That’s what they told me. N230,000 to N250, 000 monthly is peanuts in this Tinubu’s economy.

“At UNIPORT, a federal university, it’s N191,000 monthly! What’s wrong with UNIPORT? Or is it the same salary scale in other federal universities in Nigeria?

In the next six to eight years, by God’s grace and through determination and diligence, I’ll become a professor, and my salary will be a miserable N440,000 monthly. Me, I’m tired sef!

https://punchng.com/uniport-lecturer-denied-n5m-loan-due-to-poor-salary/?amp

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by Arobaga: 1:40pm On Jan 26
Make them deny you

And they’ll keep denying every rivers man any opportunity at federal level

Since we all can’t come together and agitate for our own country as rivers men

Jamaica is just 4million people

But rivers alone is over 10million

Let’s get our own country with our sister state Bayesla and see how we would live large like Dubai

73 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by Peakdesign23(m): 1:48pm On Jan 26
Chai! This one may see finish o. cheesy

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by Zonefree(m): 1:49pm On Jan 26
I’ll become a professor, and my salary will be a miserable N440,000 monthly. Me, I’m tired sef!”

Nigerian professors are not adding any value to the nation.

The ones at the medical field, ordinary vaccine for malaria, they can't produce yet they're the loudest.

The ones at Mechanical engineering can't even change their car oil without the help of a roadside mechanic.

Na only to sell textbooks, speak big big grammar and rig elections for politicians dem sabi. Nonsense!

217 Likes 23 Shares

Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by Ahmed0336(m): 1:59pm On Jan 26
Very true.
With that amount of salary, one can only get less than 2 mil loan from FBN.
It's unfortunate..

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by LovelyKL: 1:59pm On Jan 26
Nigeria na funny country

2 Likes

Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by Arobaga: 2:00pm On Jan 26
vanitybutiwanti:
you always write like an illiterate

I write like an illiterate because i want out of a failed contraption called Nigeria

I write like an illiterate because i want the betterment of rivers people

You Yorubas claim your region is the economic hub of Africa

Y’all claim you’ve richly blessed with natural resources

Y’all claim Lagos is the Dubai of Africa and has the highest GDP to last y’all for decades

Won’t it be a thing of joy to watch other regions leave so una fit enjoy una blessings and resources alone?

Why do you all panic at the mention of disintegration?

Why do y’all beg for unity?

Why are you all always scared of staying on your own as a country?

What good has the Nigeria population done to her citizens

51 Likes

Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by Oblongata: 2:00pm On Jan 26
You are collecting 191k as salary and you want to collect 5m loan? shocked

Shey u, u go gree loan yourself?

43 Likes

Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by vanitybutiwanti: 2:00pm On Jan 26
Arobaga:
Make them deny you

And they’ll keep denying every rivers man any opportunity at state and federal level

Let’s get our own country with our sister state Bayesla and see how we would live large like Dubai
you always write like an illiterate

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by Anguldi(m): 2:01pm On Jan 26
tongue

1 Like

Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by Franklyspeakin: 2:01pm On Jan 26
Funny enough Tinubus propaganda government announced increment in university salaries by 35% to take effect from jan 2023. Up till now it has not been implemented. Same with the audio wage award. But there would be money for private trip to paris.
They have started the noise again with new minimum wage. Noise making government. Who never pay wage award one increase minimum wage... Clowns
Tinubu is just noise and little action. God help Nigerian workers

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by phorget(m): 2:01pm On Jan 26
Lol...
Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by kingamaa(m): 2:01pm On Jan 26
The reality of the times

Civil servants dey try for this austerity era

E no easy at all

1 Like

Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by SoNature(m): 2:02pm On Jan 26
Nigerians on X should raise the money for him.

1 Like

Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by AllahOfBlood: 2:02pm On Jan 26
wink

Aaaaah na our mazi dey make news like this oOoOOh.

Department of linguistics and communication studies

3 Likes

Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by millionboi2: 2:02pm On Jan 26
When I dey uni,I dey think say this ppl dey earn big money ooo

4 Likes

Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by bet9ja(m): 2:03pm On Jan 26
Very sad.
Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by Namaster: 2:03pm On Jan 26
Some hookup girls make more than #191K in a week.

Nigeria is FINISHED.

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by Lexusgs430: 2:05pm On Jan 26
His account officer, did him a favour......... A loan he might default on, then he starts blaming his enemies.......

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by Chizillar1(m): 2:05pm On Jan 26
Very pitiable situation.

We are a CAC accredited registration agents for business, company and annual returns. Let's file your annual returns now...
Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by Lastmessenger2: 2:05pm On Jan 26
PhD and 191k salary. Too poor

8 Likes

Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by Franklyspeakin: 2:06pm On Jan 26
Seems nigeria doesn't favour hard work anymore

4 Likes

Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by Angelfrost(m): 2:06pm On Jan 26
Can't blame the bank...!

You can't be deemed creditworthy on that pittance of a salary, which is quite shocking for a senior lecturer.

10 Likes

Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by SSpeter(m): 2:06pm On Jan 26
Arobaga:
Make them deny you

when we have Rivers as a country, that is when the Ijaws will start clamouring for Ijaw country, Ikwerre will not agree, Ndoni will reject it and the Etche's will say no, then we will Divide again along ethnic lines at that point the Ijaws will say look i am Okirika you are Kalabari, you are Degema you are Opobo infact let us divide and then we divide again....until every kindred becomes a country angry

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by iswallker(m): 2:07pm On Jan 26
I don't get?

If he is paid by IPPIS the salary across universities is uniform.

The figure he quoted is his net salary which will vary with individual.

Uniport will come for him for this social media chatter ....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by Anijay1212(m): 2:07pm On Jan 26
angry
Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by trevorlinda: 2:08pm On Jan 26
Sins of the great grand father
Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by Munzy14(m): 2:09pm On Jan 26
Zonefree:

Nigerian professors are not adding any value to the nation.

The ones at the medical field, ordinary vaccine for malaria, they can't produce yet they're the loudest.

The ones at Mechanical engineering can't even change their car oil without the help of a roadside mechanic.

Na only to sell textbooks, speak big big grammar and rig elections for politicians dem sabi. Nonsense!
It is terrible..No sympathy given to the 191 lecturer.. grin

You can't become rich with salary.

On a normal, a PhD holder should know how to create wealth...But in Africa it is targeted for pay rise.. lipsrsealed

A PhD holder in English should have a school and lesson centers scattered in PH. English teachers are needed every now and then.

There are other small small business he can do to earn from profits rather salary.

For someone who has taught for 10years if na business man, 5M will be his detty December doings.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by RepoMan007: 2:10pm On Jan 26
Namaster:
Some hookup girls make more than #191K in a week.

Nigeria is FINISHED.
Can hookup boost GDP? See what somebody is talking o.

1 Like

Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by ayusco85(m): 2:10pm On Jan 26
So i earn more than a university lecturer with 10yrs experience? I ve barely 7yrs experience in customer service in a bank, and i am not even a full staff.
This country is not supposed to still be existing

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mazi Eze: UNIPORT Lecturer Denied ₦5M Loan Due To Poor Salary (Photo) by Basalt(m): 2:11pm On Jan 26
Arobaga:
Make them deny you

Let’s get our own country with our sister
state Bayesla and see how we would live large like Dubai

grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"Why We Declared Indefinite Nationwide Strike" - ASUU / Killer Whales Top FACTS!!! / Peter Seunara Arotiba Emerges Best Candidate In West Africa (WASSCE)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.