Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,393 members, 7,815,839 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Is Xiaomi That Good Or Are They Just Being Overrated - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Is Xiaomi That Good Or Are They Just Being Overrated (1517 Views)

Is Xiaomi Redmi Phones Good? / Why Is Xiaomi More Popular Than Huawei And Samsung On Nairaland? / They Just Stole My Phone In Lagos Traffic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Xiaomi That Good Or Are They Just Being Overrated by Josephokpala8(m): 11:23am On Oct 27, 2020
After seeing a lot of comment in this platform about all xiaomi phone and what people especially in this patform say about it overall performance, I feel convinced to go for it, but I want to know if its really worth it or its just a hype by marketers
please I need answer so as not to be making a mistake by going for their product.
Re: Is Xiaomi That Good Or Are They Just Being Overrated by sagieramos(m): 11:43am On Oct 27, 2020
You no get Google and YouTube for your phone?
One advice, avoid Nigeria reviewers, some are paid transsion marketer

8 Likes

Re: Is Xiaomi That Good Or Are They Just Being Overrated by Josephokpala8(m): 11:46am On Oct 27, 2020
Re: Is Xiaomi That Good Or Are They Just Being Overrated by Josephokpala8(m): 11:48am On Oct 27, 2020
sagieramos:
thank yo sir
Re: Is Xiaomi That Good Or Are They Just Being Overrated by Playermayweda(m): 12:03pm On Oct 27, 2020
sagieramos:

Yes YouTube is best, International people rate it well, it's just all these quacks here on NL that are talking funny
Re: Is Xiaomi That Good Or Are They Just Being Overrated by chikizzy(m): 12:52pm On Oct 27, 2020
It's good
Re: Is Xiaomi That Good Or Are They Just Being Overrated by sureteeboy(m): 1:33pm On Oct 27, 2020
Yea. Everyone has spoken well. Just check youtube for phone comparisons and go for whichever you'll prefer
Re: Is Xiaomi That Good Or Are They Just Being Overrated by Karleb(m): 4:35pm On Oct 27, 2020
It's good and overrated at the same time.
Re: Is Xiaomi That Good Or Are They Just Being Overrated by miqos02(m): 5:12pm On Oct 27, 2020
Josephokpala8:
After seeing a lot of comment in this platform about all xiaomi phone and what people especially in this patform say about it overall performance, I feel convinced to go for it, but I want to know if its really worth it or its just a hype by marketers
please I need answer so as not to be making a mistake by going for their product.
compare it to other nigerian Chinese phones on gsmarena.com

Not too many Chinese phones get listed there.
Re: Is Xiaomi That Good Or Are They Just Being Overrated by theFilmtric: 5:25pm On Oct 27, 2020
The phones are actually good
But not nearly as good all the hype on Nairaland
Make your choice wisely

theFilmtricsay

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Xiaomi That Good Or Are They Just Being Overrated by kennyflames(m): 9:57pm On Oct 27, 2020
overrated.
Re: Is Xiaomi That Good Or Are They Just Being Overrated by omoadeleye(m): 10:22pm On Oct 27, 2020
sagieramos:

No be transsion company get Xiaomi o
Re: Is Xiaomi That Good Or Are They Just Being Overrated by pesty100(m): 10:56pm On Oct 27, 2020
Xiaomi was once good (great value for money) with their récent release it seems they are starting to play some funny tricks

2 Likes

Re: Is Xiaomi That Good Or Are They Just Being Overrated by Mrviktor(m): 11:19pm On Oct 27, 2020
No follow nairalander oh..

Dey will make u feel d phone can see ghosts..

Dia products are nice. But Samsung nd apple make more solid phones
Re: Is Xiaomi That Good Or Are They Just Being Overrated by Otu7(m): 8:50am On Oct 28, 2020
They phones re good but Nairalanders overhype it...i hav bn a xiaomi user since since 2017 & dats my candid opinion... I was a nokia user den wen nokia brought on Windows i switched to BB den wen BB fumbled i turned to gionee..my first Gionee was Gionee Splus, it was sweet but didnt last up to a year, from charging port issues to screen flickering to network dissappearance den i dumped it & bought m5 mini, it served alittle den battery began swollen up all on its on..i dumped it haven read consistent reviews about redmi note 4.. i decided to buy it...my Redmi Note 4 was fun cos of d ruggedity of d fone, d notification led was very handy den, d IR blaster was fun.but after 2yrs of usage, d finger print sensor stopped working, den after some months, d screen wen blind...i changed d screen but all to no avail i dashed one fone repairer..den cos of d fun i had wit d RN4, i decided to buy MI A3...d fone was nice until d screen got broken...i was of d opinion dat Gorila glass 5 front & back were enough protection..it didnt last upto 6months my fone fell down from my bed..d front screen got broken i was looking 4 replacement but was very expensive..i couldnt change d screen .i later packed d fone nut it was later stolen wen my apartment was burgled...but d fone itself had its own short comings especially outdoor readability..i felt maybe becos it was 720p but other amoled 720p screens were more readable outside..especially samsung & oppo.. oled screens with 720p..now am currently using MI Note 10 lite..d fone is beautiful but wen compared with other 1080p screens especially samsung they re marginally brighter dan my MI Note 10lite...d fone is sweet but i still hav one issue with it...d issue of fast typing...d fone types fast but once it begins to get warm, d typing slows down...sometimes it could b annoying..but am used to it...hoping a new update will come & fix dat typing issue...But Overall my verdict is Xiaomi is good but overhyped by nairalanders...
If i get to change fone, i will try using OPPO or Huawei..cos i still dont like samsungs even though they hav d best amoled screens

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Xiaomi That Good Or Are They Just Being Overrated by theFilmtric: 9:05am On Oct 28, 2020
pesty100:
Xiaomi was once good (great value for money) with their récent release it seems they are starting to play some funny tricks
Lol
What tricks bro

theFilmtricsay

Re: Is Xiaomi That Good Or Are They Just Being Overrated by pesty100(m): 10:16am On Oct 28, 2020
theFilmtric:

Lol
What tricks bro
putting mediatek on redmi note 9 and putting snapdragon on redmi note 9s the price different between the two is just unbearable
Re: Is Xiaomi That Good Or Are They Just Being Overrated by theFilmtric: 10:38am On Oct 28, 2020
pesty100:
putting mediatek on redmi note 9 and putting snapdragon on redmi note 9s the price different between the two is just unbearable
How much N difference bro

People fail to see that Xiaomi is just the same as any Chinese company
They need to profit
They are just advantaged to sell well in China.Period.

theFilmtricsay
Re: Is Xiaomi That Good Or Are They Just Being Overrated by Kunja2: 8:52am On Nov 01, 2020
pesty100:
lol. These are marketing strategies to appeal to different TA. More like 'buy the one that your money can get'
Re: Is Xiaomi That Good Or Are They Just Being Overrated by investigator007: 2:55pm On Nov 01, 2020
the hate is real o cheesy, wetin concern xaomi and Transsion now?
sagieramos:
Re: Is Xiaomi That Good Or Are They Just Being Overrated by Kessnorman: 4:38pm On Nov 01, 2020
It's not overrated I actual got redmi 9 yesterday and I can say the performance is better than most device of its price range.

And also 1080p screen for 67k it's great for that price

Re: Is Xiaomi That Good Or Are They Just Being Overrated by olaridwan(m): 7:00pm On Nov 01, 2020
I am using redmi note 8 T.... It is just normal fone.... It is better dan all dis tecno ndco... Strong built...

(1) (Reply)

Why Iphone 13 Is The Worst Iphone Apple Has Ever Made... / Crowwe App Is The Most Stupid Social Media App Have Seen / Always Be Smart If You Are At This Market In Aba, Abia State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.