Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,124 members, 7,821,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know (4150 Views)

Why Do Most Nigerians Keep Koboko On The Dashboard Of Their Car? / The Fear Of V6 And V8 Engine / Conversion Of V6 To 4cylinder EOD Possible? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by cluewebhost(m): 6:39am On Oct 30, 2020
mrcoolautofix:
so the why are most Nigerian V6 phobic?
The same reason they are Toyota-phyllic,
We just take what mechanics and others say without doing private investigation.

I'd start posting my fuel usage here, both 6 and 4 cylinder.

https://www.nairaland.com/5924691/lets-track-compare-car-fuel#95487471
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by blissbliss: 2:37pm On Nov 04, 2020
David50:
My last car was a GS300 i6 Lexus

I currently drive a camry v6.2009.

I can honestly say I get better fuel economy than most of my friends with 4 cylinders. And the driving power is unimaginable especially when travelling.

Any reason you let go of the GS?
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by David50: 8:32pm On Nov 04, 2020
blissbliss:

Any reason you let go of the GS?

I'm still regretting it till this day..
My dad who leaves far away still calls and asks me why I sold that machine.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by blissbliss: 8:43pm On Nov 04, 2020
David50:

I'm still regretting it till this day..
My dad who leaves far away still calls and asks me why I sold that machine.

Oh wow, sorry to hear that boss
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by mrcoolautofix(m): 9:08pm On Feb 15, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

I said V12. V12 is two i6's, W12 is two Vr6. Only VAG uses a W12.
Unlikely
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by Peppermintflav: 2:33pm On Feb 16, 2021
Nigerians and fuel economy... I'm sure if there was a 3cylinder car, some people will say it's better. grin
I've never had d opportunity to buy a V6. But my ideal ride would be a V6 +manual gear combo.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by WhiteGoldz: 5:15pm On Feb 16, 2021
My next car is a v6 at least 300hp suv.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by DAVE5(m): 6:40pm On Feb 16, 2021
Foolishbuhari:

Very true! Case study 09-012 C300

I no gree this one

I’ve borrowed a friend’s Corolla, fueled and drove it for about 1 month interval, the fuel usage was way lower than what my c300 uses for same period

I was averaging 5k usage weekly while my car drinks 10500 minimum weekly

But still on still, I would not use my money to buy Corolla as my personal car for use except I wan dash my wife the car
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by ikdaddy01(m): 4:45pm On Feb 19, 2021
I no wan long preaching when I wan sell am oh
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by donstefano8(m): 5:08pm On Feb 20, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

Ok, chief.

Please how is the transmission of the 35 & 37, especially using the DS mode?
Cos after awhile it disengages from the engine.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by donstefano8(m): 5:21pm On Feb 20, 2021
Peppermintflav:
Nigerians and fuel economy... I'm sure if there was a 3cylinder car, some people will say it's better. grin
I've never had d opportunity to buy a V6. But my ideal ride would be a V6 +manual gear combo.

Ford focus, Toyota Yaris, Ford Fiesta, BMW i8, Mitsubishi Mirage, Honda civic, Peugeot 308 so on....
Also Keonigsegg General.

So..
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:22pm On Feb 20, 2021
donstefano8:

Please how is the transmission of the 35 & 37, especially using the DS mode?
Cos after awhile it disengages from the engine.

Never had any issues like that.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by donstefano8(m): 5:26pm On Feb 20, 2021
HeavenlyBang:

Never had any issues like that.

What's your advice on the AWD model to RWD?

Would appreciate is as a friend is about to get one. Thanks
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by HeavenlyBang(m): 5:34pm On Feb 20, 2021
donstefano8:

What's your advice on the AWD model to RWD?

Would appreciate is as a friend is about to get one. Thanks

RWD drives better. AWD is better for tricky terrain.
Re: Why Are Most Nigerians Scared Of V6 Cars? Truth you must know by Peppermintflav: 8:05pm On Feb 20, 2021
donstefano8:

Ford focus, Toyota Yaris, Ford Fiesta, BMW i8, Mitsubishi Mirage, Honda civic, Peugeot 308 so on....
Also Keonigsegg General.

So..
Are all these 3 cylinder cars? shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

What Is The Cause Of Engine Tripping Off Why Driving & Service Engine Display ON / Cost Of O2 Sensor For Toyota Corolla 2003. / Photo: 1957 Old School Vintage Mercedes Benz

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.