Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:27 AM

Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead (37697 Views)

Prayers For The New Month...bishop Sola Adetunji / You Can Be Free From Spiritual Attacks-bishop Sola Adetunji / Prayer Points For Favour In The New Week...bishop Sola Adetunji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead by PastorandMentor(m): 1:42pm On Oct 28, 2020
Forgive him. He is gone to meet with God
Queenlovely:
this man embarrassed me the day I sat in the front pew with my short skirt..

we were following a couple for child dedication and he openly asked me to leave the church,

the moment I stood to leave, half of the church wanted to join me in solidarity.

the pastor's wife began pleading with me outside the church,

I was a very mature minded lady and forgave everything and called for calm,

the couple were very sorry and apologized, I gave them my brown envelope and left

I left the church and started writing a book about it. about feminism
Re: Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead by alizma: 1:45pm On Oct 28, 2020
Rest in peace Sir.
Re: Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead by Jack005(m): 1:50pm On Oct 28, 2020
Queenlovely:

we were following a couple for child dedication and he openly asked me to leave the church,

the moment I stood to leave, half of the church wanted to join me in solidarity.

the couple were very sorry and apologized, I gave them my brown envelope and left

Shut up!!
Re: Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead by zoedew: 1:53pm On Oct 28, 2020
braveboi4life:
Earths loss, heavens gain. Bishop was one of the grassroot pastors of RCCG during their formative years, He pastored one of the largest parish in FESTAC at 23 road, I think its called Love assembly or so, before he left in late 90's to start love aglow at 4th Avenue in same Festac. Thou his congregation did not grow so large in numbers but he was a voice in Lagos within the pentecostal setting, very humble, he used to come to last bus stop to buy plantain and other food stuffs in company of his wife.

Sleep on sir....your impact in your little sphere was felt

He was a charismatic leader but his charisma lost the much needed spiritual charm required to succeed in Ministry when he conceived the idea of starting a church of his own without properly disengaging from RCCG and be prayed for by Pastor EA Adeboye the G.O. of RCCG as ministerial ethics and scriptures in Acts 13:2-3 would suggest. That location on 4th Avenue is actually just down the road from where he pastored the RCCG church on 23 Road. The same carpenters he engaged to make new church chairs in the RCCG Church he pastored were also the ones he engaged to simultaneously make church chairs for the new church (love aglow) he was secretly planning to start unknown to the RCCG Mission authorities! Trust humans, The RCCG Mission soon got to know about his secret project and he was unceremoniously seen out of the church premises on a particular Sunday by the RCCG Elders who arrived the 23 Road church premises unannounced and in the middle of the church service to take over the church from him! If he expected his large personal followership in RCCG 23 Road to abandon RCCG and follow him to his new church he was disappointed! The people stayed!! The rest, as they say, is history. It is not known whether he made up with the RCCG Mission like Ashimolowo did with the Foursquare Gospel Church in Nigeria. In life we ought to watch out for folks sent to make us plant and not reap what is planted. He was an effective and efficient Pastor not known to refrain from doing what is right in the administration of the church! He loved others!! God is The Ultimate Judge of all things.
Re: Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead by Freelane33(m): 2:12pm On Oct 28, 2020
RIP ... sir ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead by gift01: 2:13pm On Oct 28, 2020
Queenlovely:

but you didn't forget about it
Re: Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead by Sirakj(m): 2:17pm On Oct 28, 2020
R.I.P
Re: Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead by braveboi4life: 2:21pm On Oct 28, 2020
I dont know the details of how he left RCCG, and am not really interested, so much politics in church for or against individuals, churches, members and pastors, but I know Bishop Ore provided strong leadership in the pentecostal arena, I think he dedicated more of his time in building other ministries and am sure he would have reconciled with RCCG since he was a key leader in PFN which RCCG is a strong ally and member. Also I heard he continuously spoke well of Pastor Adeboye and RCCG while he pastored Love Aglow. I lived in FESTAC and I know he made so much impact in RCCG

He was a charismatic leader but his charisma lost the much needed spiritual charm required to succeed in Ministry when he conceived the idea of starting a church of his own without properly disengaging from RCCG and be prayed for by Pastor EA Adeboye the G.O. of RCCG. That location on 4th Avenue is actually just down the road from where he pastored the RCCG church on 23 Road. The same carpenters he engaged to make new church chairs in the RCCG Church he pastored were also the ones he engaged to simultaneously make church chairs for the new church (love aglow) he was secretly planning to start unknown to the RCCG Mission authorities! Trust humans, The RCCG Mission soon got to know about his secret project and he was unceremoniously seen out of the church premises on a particular Sunday by the RCCG Elders who arrived the 23 Road church premises unannounced and in the middle of the church service to take over the church from him! If he expected his large personal followership in RCCG 23 Road to abandon RCCG and follow him to his new church he was disappointed! The people stayed!! The rest, as they say, is history. It is not known whether he made up with the RCCG Mission like Ashimolowo did with the Foursquare Gospel Church in Nigeria. In life we ought to watch out for folks sent to make us plant and not reap what is planted. He was an effective and efficient Pastor not known to refrain from doing what is right in the administration of the church! He loved others!! God is The Ultimate Judge of all things.[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead by wink2015(m): 2:22pm On Oct 28, 2020
HE CARRY FACE LIKE BISHOP T. D. JAKES

Is it Late Bishop Ore and Bishop T. D. Jakes are twin brother.

rip!
Re: Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead by ikorodureporta: 2:30pm On Oct 28, 2020
coviked
Re: Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead by Davoski222: 3:06pm On Oct 28, 2020
U wore a mini skirt to church and sat in front to tempt the pastor? ?? Hmmmmm
Queenlovely:

Re: Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead by rollandben(m): 3:12pm On Oct 28, 2020
Rip Bishop
Re: Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead by Alemusam: 3:32pm On Oct 28, 2020
May his gentle soul rest in peace
Re: Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead by Kobojunkie: 6:48pm On Oct 28, 2020
ImagineNation:

The Chairman, Pentecostal Fellowship of Nigeria (PFN), Lagos State chapter, Bishop (Dr.) Olusola Ore, has died.

Bishop Ore, according to family source, passed away Monday night after a brief illness.

Before his death, Bishop Ore was presiding pastor of Love Aglow Ministry, FESTAC Town, Lagos and also the Chairman, Lagos State Christian Pilgrims Board.

Details of his burial is awaited.

May his soul rest in peace.
What does "brief illness" mean?
Re: Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead by petra1(m): 7:23pm On Oct 28, 2020
Queenlovely:

Why Feminism . Its not an issue of feminism but decency . If a man had come in with sagging bumbum I believe he would have walked him out too
Re: Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead by petra1(m): 7:24pm On Oct 28, 2020
Kobojunkie:
What does "brief illness" mean?

Stroke and co.
Re: Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead by adisaaowala: 9:01pm On Oct 28, 2020
Queenlovely:
[s]this man embarrassed me the day I sat in the front pew with my short skirt..

I left the church and started writing a book about it. about feminism[/s]

Lies again...

Must you always lie?? angry

1 Like

Re: Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead by Samchimezie(m): 9:05pm On Oct 28, 2020
The Heavens Will Be Glad To Welcome You Amen! Rip Sir.
Re: Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead by Sagefromtheeast: 10:48pm On Oct 28, 2020
Shadysen:
You check out...is it good to wear a mini skirt and seat in front of the church? what happen if u dress decently?

My dear if you ask me,na who I go ask?
Re: Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead by OyinO: 12:18am On Oct 29, 2020
The people they claimed to be IDOL WORSHIPPERS and Juju WORSHIPPERS were living until very old age before dying. The ones who claim to know Almighty God are dying prematurely.
Re: Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead by Kobojunkie: 1:47am On Oct 29, 2020
OyinO:
The people they claimed to be IDOL WORSHIPPERS and Juju WORSHIPPERS were living until very old age before dying. The ones who claim to know Almighty God are dying prematurely.
Cut the bull!! Longevity in this world has little or nothing to do with religious belief in the world we live in, and you know it. It has more to do with the quality of life, stress, family and the sort.
Re: Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead by OyinO: 7:35am On Oct 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:
Cut the bull!! Longevity in this world has little or nothing to do with religious belief in the world we live in, and you know it. It has more to do with the quality of life, stress, family and the sort.

There was nothing like quality of life in the Ancient times in Africa. Besides, there was lot of stress for the Ancient Africans. You missed my point completely. Therefore, if there is any bull craps or horse craps, it's your digressive debate.
Today, people in Christian religious beliefs and indoctrinations assume, believe and proclaim that long life and prosperity can be achieved in Jesus name or through holiness and prayers. They preach and deceive the gullible Africans that by living a life of faithfulness and dedication to some European deities or jesus christ, they'll be granted long life and prosperity on the earth surface and later eternal life in Greek Heaven. That's what I'm referring to. Anyways, I understand where you're coming from. Kudos!
Re: Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead by Kobojunkie: 7:53am On Oct 29, 2020
OyinO:
There was nothing like quality of life in the Ancient times in Africa. Besides, there was lot of stress for the Ancient Africans. You missed my point completely. Therefore, if there is any bull craps or horse craps, it's your digressive debate.
Today, people in Christian religious beliefs and indoctrinations assume, believe and proclaim that long life and prosperity can be achieved in Jesus name or through holiness and prayers. They preach and deceive the gullible Africans that by living a life of faithfulness and dedication to some European deities or jesus christ, they'll be granted long life and prosperity on the earth surface and later eternal life in Greek Heaven. That's what I'm referring to. Anyways, I understand where you're coming from. Kudos!
So what you are really against is the fact that they do not worship the same deity that you do? By the way, Jesus Christ isn't European and the Christian faith came to Africa, around the 1st/2nd century long before it even reached the steps of Europe. If you doubt it, read the book of Acts of the apostle to see for yourself. undecided Just trying to understand what you are really trying to say here.

By the way, a majority of your people are gullible and this is seen in the fact that they are easily corrupted, easily duped by their leaders, and constantly out to be the source of more problems for others and their own selves. I hope you are not blaming their gullibility on religion though?

As for your statement about ancient Africans, there isn't enough evidence available to support any claim that a good number of people back in those days even lived to the ripe old age of 50. So, let's try to steer clear of false assumptions such as those.
Re: Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead by OyinO: 8:55am On Oct 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:
So what you are really against is the fact that they do not worship the same deity that you do? By the way, Jesus Christ isn't European and the Christian faith came to Africa, around the 1st/2nd century long before it even reached the steps of Europe. If you doubt it, read the book of Acts of the apostle to see for yourself. undecided Just trying to understand what you are really trying to say here.

By the way, a majority of your people are gullible and this is seen in the fact that they are easily corrupted, easily duped by their leaders, and constantly out to be the source of more problems for others and their own selves. I hope you are not blaming their gullibility on religion though?

As for your statement about ancient Africans, there isn't enough evidence available to support any claim that a good number of people back in those days even lived to the ripe old age of 50. So, let's try to steer clear of false assumptions such as those.

You're digressing far and wide from the bone of contention. But I have made my point clear. Long life and prosperity is not the result of those things you mentioned earlier on, and I have been able to present the fallacies and false assumptions of religious adherents concerning longevity. Any other thing you're saying is out of context and digressive argumentation.
Re: Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead by Kobojunkie: 9:04am On Oct 29, 2020
OyinO:

You're digressing far and wide from the bone of contention. But I have made my point clear. Long life and prosperity is not the result of those things you mentioned earlier on, and I have been able to present the fallacies and false assumptions of religious adherents concerning longevity. Any other thing you're saying is out of context and digressive argumentation.
You haven't really made any points clear, and you certainly did not provide any fact that long life has nothing to do with what I stated. As for digressive argumentation... that is actually all you, and not me. I have simply pointed out, as I did earlier, that when it comes to long life, factors such as health/quality of life, stress, family and the sort play a larger role than anything else.
Re: Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead by OyinO: 9:14am On Oct 29, 2020
Kobojunkie:
You haven't really made any points clear, and you certainly did not provide any fact that long life has nothing to do with what I stated. As for digressive argumentation... that is actually all you, and not me. I have simply pointed out, as I did earlier, that when it comes to long life, factors such as health/quality of life, stress, family and the sort play a larger role than anything else.

Those factors you're stating are the cooked up versions of modern brainwashing miseducation.
However, I am not responsible for your misunderstanding based on holding tight to egotistical knowledge resulting from narrowed understanding, limited knowledge, self righteousness and self defense.

Re: Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead by Kobojunkie: 5:29pm On Oct 29, 2020
OyinO:
Those factors you're stating are the cooked up versions of modern brainwashing miseducation.
However, I am not responsible for your misunderstanding based on holding tight to egotistical knowledge resulting from narrowed understanding, limited knowledge, self righteousness and self defense.
You are wrong! There is evidence everywhere now to show that indeed such factors does play a great role in determining longevity. If you do have evidence to the contrary, feel free to present it.
Repeating an unsubstantiated claim over and over does nothing to prove it in any way.
Re: Bishop Sola Ore Is Dead by OyinO: 9:16am On Nov 01, 2020
Kobojunkie:
You are wrong! There is evidence everywhere now to show that indeed such factors does play a great role in determining longevity. If you do have evidence to the contrary, feel free to present it.
Repeating an unsubstantiated claim over and over does nothing to prove it in any way.

You're not wrong my dear, but what you're saying doesn't relate to the Ancient days of Ancestral existence. Your submission is true of modern life.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Rev. Father Angus Fraser Is Dead (Photos) / RCCG Refutes Sacrificial Offering Story / Many Besiege Akure To Consult ‘wonder Baby’ Born With Healing Powers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.