Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,631 members, 7,809,354 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:15 AM

I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused (45068 Views)

“There’s No Rich Man On Earth That Is A Salary Earner” - Pastor Olumide Emmanuel / I Just Opened My Piggy Bank ! / Is It Possible For A Salary Earner Or Unemployed To Work From Home In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by 80kobo(m): 11:07am On Oct 29, 2020
For you to be confused go back to the job.

Business is something you go into determined to succeed no matter the temptations or downfall.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Nobody: 11:07am On Oct 29, 2020
Double Barrel Blessings
Whichever you settle for may God Bless the works of your hands

3 Likes

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by supremo247(m): 11:08am On Oct 29, 2020
[quote author=Crossbelt post=95444324]Corona virus made me lose my job so the little I saved I decided to use it to open a chemist, since last three months I've been working on it though just last week I opened the place but my problem is that I've gotten another work which I'm expecting to start next week.

My problem is that I don't know if should reject the work and be nuturing my business gradually or I should employ someone though I don't know the risk attached.

Please help a brother I'm seriously confused right now.there is no two ways about it..... You jst have to trust someone either your brother, cousin, sister e. T. C someone has to run the biz for you so you can pump more money there.

1 Like

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by NaMeAboki: 11:08am On Oct 29, 2020
Crossbelt:
Corona virus made me lose my job so the little I saved I decided to use it to open a chemist, since last three months I've been working on it though just last week I opened the place but my problem is that I've gotten another work which I'm expecting to start next week.

My problem is that I don't know if should reject the work and be nuturing my business gradually or I should employ someone though I don't know the risk attached.

Please help a brother I'm seriously confused right now.

Pursue your business; forget the salary job and be your own boss; work harder and earn more - good luck.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Righteousness89(m): 11:08am On Oct 29, 2020
Seek God's Face in Prayers and go as HE leads you..

9 Likes

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Nobody: 11:08am On Oct 29, 2020
Never in your life pray to earn a salary

With time when your biz blossoms.. You will prosper and even earn twice as the salary work you want to go do

Always aim to be an employer of labour

Think big bro

Don't ever collect that salary shit

Work on your biz..

. Your company could be one of the biggest pharmaceutical coys of you know what you're doing

3 Likes

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by supremo247(m): 11:09am On Oct 29, 2020
You jst have to trust someone either your brother, cousin, sister e. T. C someone has to run the biz for you so you can pump more money there.

1 Like

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Maj196(m): 11:09am On Oct 29, 2020
You don't have any family member to entrust your business with?

1 Like

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Nobody: 11:10am On Oct 29, 2020
Whatever you do, do NOT close your business. Get a trustworthy person to manage it while you work.

1 Like

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by simigold: 11:10am On Oct 29, 2020
In a tough economy like Nigeria where there are no ease of business, the best way to nuture a plant is to water it. Get back to work and nuture your business with the income that comes from your new job. Once there is adequate stock taking and accounting procedures in place, your remote assistant will be great.

5 Likes

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by AbuAeesha: 11:11am On Oct 29, 2020
I think ahmed0336 and redphoenix got good advices,but how what will be ur earning in the new salary job?and how much are you hoping to earn in ur new establishment??

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Seniorwriter(m): 11:11am On Oct 29, 2020
Crossbelt:
Corona virus made me lose my job so the little I saved I decided to use it to open a chemist, since last three months I've been working on it though just last week I opened the place but my problem is that I've gotten another work which I'm expecting to start next week.

@OP weight your options ....Howbeit after a due diligence on your business operations you can decide to create a very good and accountable module operandi for your venture ...
With this you are rest assured that even if you are sacked or loose the job you have something to fall back on because there is NO JOB SECURITY in Nigeria!

Proactivity Leads To Productivity!!!

©Seniorwriter

1 Like

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by dalass(f): 11:12am On Oct 29, 2020
Accept it and build the business as a side hustle if the salary is good grin

1 Like

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by AbuAeesha: 11:12am On Oct 29, 2020
I think ahmed0336 and redphoenix got good advices,but how what will be ur earning in the new salary job?and how much are you hoping to earn in ur new establishment?
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by sweerychick(f): 11:12am On Oct 29, 2020
you must be a joker, so you dont want to have any side hustle abi for Nigeria?? why not combine the 2
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by dhope: 11:12am On Oct 29, 2020
Devil is raising his ugly head here again. Don't close the shop you will attempt to open later when you grow older. You better do something to manage it with your new job. And mind you, don't be discouraged if the person u employ to oversee it for you is not doing it well, remember you can always change him/her and it bounds to happen in business especially when it is young. Shalom!

3 Likes

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by MajohBankz: 11:12am On Oct 29, 2020
Crossbelt:

Uncle no go mumu o. You think say na grocery store you open ABI na spare parts? Unless you can employ a nurse or microbiologist, you either shut down permanently (since you just started sef) or bounce the job. E b like say u want make your apprentice start dey deform people left yansh.

4 Likes

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by nandyz(m): 11:12am On Oct 29, 2020
It depends on the income of the JOB,,
If the salary is good enough, fine, u can go ahead to hire someone,(that is if the area u sited the business is lucrative area, but if it is residential area whereby u know that during the evening time customers overflow, u forget to hire someone and run the business after work.. for a time being like 6 months before putting some one there...) So that riot will not be LA YA OTU

1 Like

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by harmony75: 11:12am On Oct 29, 2020
open your shop weekends hope you don't work weekends.. go for the work if it pay is good.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Godshope: 11:14am On Oct 29, 2020
Employ some1 to manage your business and grab your new offer.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by OgaRico(m): 11:16am On Oct 29, 2020
For those suggesting he close and open from 6pm to 9pm,don't you think he needs rest after a long day at work?
Boss(since you own a bizness),take the new job,employ someone to help you run your Chemist but pray to God so that you will come across someone that will take the Chemist as his or her own by running the business selflessly and maybe by weekends you go to the shop to see how sales went during the week and please how you treat whoever you get to employ (that's in case you do)really matters and that to a large extend will determine how the person will look after the business in your absence.
I would have suggested you look for a family member to be around to supervise but most often times,family members don't run their relatives businesses well.All the best in whichever choice you make big man.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by olisefom: 11:16am On Oct 29, 2020
You have to be tactical about which one to go for.

It is not easy to run a business in Nigeria due to some inherent challenges but the truth is, if you can overcome the hurdles, you will be better of.

Let me leave epistles and point out some points. 1. If you have the capital to run without hassles, go ahead with your business and leave the job. 2. You did not tell us what the salary looks like as compared to your expected profit - compare the two to be sure of what you will be loosing/gaining. 3. In the case you chose to go for the two options, be sure you have a dependable hand to handle the business...50% of profit should be okay for a start(it will be hard to get someone that will be truthful to give you give you that percentage sef).
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by jaxxy(m): 11:16am On Oct 29, 2020
Crossbelt:

Suspend business if u haven’t committed so much to it yet and see how the new work goes and better yet test run the business with anyone u can trust. A new business takes time so u need patience and experience.

Unless it’s a business uve done b4 then u can project everything about then revenue, customers and all. Cheers.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by CaptMarvel(m): 11:17am On Oct 29, 2020
Ahmed0336:
geting a trusted hand to run your biz will be difficult.

my advice; go to work in the morning, when you're closed in the evening you can open your shop let's say 6-9 pm.
you wan kill am be dat! The stress from the work itself will be bad on his health talkless of joining another one to it.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by pillarmaria(m): 11:17am On Oct 29, 2020
bro4u:
We need to know other factors like the nature of job; is it a govt or private employer?, The salary structure of the job? how large the chemist is; small, medium or big?

Let me be honest here, chemist isn't something to vouch on especially if the location is not ok, some chemist dispose off drugs expired in their custody due to low patronage.
This is correct
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by afesco: 11:17am On Oct 29, 2020
Don't be confused because this is what we call double blessings

1 Like

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Tyche(m): 11:17am On Oct 29, 2020
If you can combine both, by all means do, till your business can pay your salary. A lot of people got both highing job and salary these days.

But it's not a walk in the park though

1 Like

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Oizee(f): 11:17am On Oct 29, 2020
Don't let the job go, and don't close down ur chemist, na u know how u go strategies

1 Like

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by alyarmouk(m): 11:19am On Oct 29, 2020
Can't both run concurrently? Get someone to oversee the chemist while you go to work. Because you can also use funds from the work to enlarge your business.
Crossbelt:

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by BruncleZuma: 11:19am On Oct 29, 2020
You open business come arrange plan B because I know say the work no fall from sky, you applied to it. The choice is left to you.

1 Like

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Adasun(m): 11:20am On Oct 29, 2020
Crossbelt:

op where is ur location?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Autumn Spikes: Dangote ‘Insultingly’ Offered Me $15,000 ‘Hush Money’ / Woman Kills Big Python, Sells It In Pieces In The Market (Photos) / Billboard Space Turned Into Office In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.