Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,584 members, 7,820,109 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:53 AM

I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused (45105 Views)

“There’s No Rich Man On Earth That Is A Salary Earner” - Pastor Olumide Emmanuel / I Just Opened My Piggy Bank ! / Is It Possible For A Salary Earner Or Unemployed To Work From Home In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by JADEK01(m): 11:39am On Oct 29, 2020
[quote author=JADEK01 post=95462489][/quote] Depending on the salary and your dream,if you love what u r doing,stay there and focus on ur business and think how u r gonna expands,sorry do u learn it or u r a train pharmacy
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by omoadeleye(m): 11:39am On Oct 29, 2020
goatandyam:
Don't do anything.
Just close the business and don't report for the work.
You will be fine

OG before IG
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Mubieey: 11:39am On Oct 29, 2020
You should put more focus on your Business, You can take care of the work after working hours, Based on experience your business is more reliable.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by sylve11: 11:40am On Oct 29, 2020
Ahmed0336:
geting a trusted hand to run your biz will be difficult.

my advice; go to work in the morning, when you're closed in the evening you can open your shop let's say 6-9 pm.

From my experience, this is valid advice... cool
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by shamyk(m): 11:43am On Oct 29, 2020
Crossbelt:
Corona virus made me lose my job so the little I saved I decided to use it to open a chemist, since last three months I've been working on it though just last week I opened the place but my problem is that I've gotten another work which I'm expecting to start next week.

My problem is that I don't know if should reject the work and be nuturing my business gradually or I should employ someone though I don't know the risk attached.

Please help a brother I'm seriously confused right now.
continue your business jhare, where you are going to that person also started his/her business somehow. don't you want your income to be unlimited?, or is it a curse for you not to stand in your own, as time goes on your business will keep growing... ma so ori olori ki awodi o gbe ti e although the business may not be fetching like you wanted in the beginning but you will thank me later if you can manage the business well
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by pharmade: 11:44am On Oct 29, 2020
Ahmed0336:

my advice; go to work in the morning, when you're closed in the evening you can open your shop let's say 6-9 pm.
Yes difficult but not impossible
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by klens(m): 11:44am On Oct 29, 2020
Either you install a CCTV camera and employ someone or u leave the work and concentrate in ur business
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Slurity(m): 11:46am On Oct 29, 2020
Crossbelt:
Corona virus made me lose my job so the little I saved I decided to use it to open a chemist, since last three months I've been working on it though just last week I opened the place but my problem is that I've gotten another work which I'm expecting to start next week.

My problem is that I don't know if should reject the work and be nuturing my business gradually or I should employ someone though I don't know the risk attached.

I pray with all my heart that this my message get to you and that you take the ad ice with all seriousness. 1. NEVER CLOSE DOWN YOUR LITTLE PERSONAL BUSINESS FOR ANY PAID SALARY EVEN IF THAT BUSINESS IS NOT BRINGING ENOUGH PROFIT NOW BUT BELIEVE ME YOU ARE NOT ONLY EMPLOYING YOURSELF FOR RETAINING THAT BUSINESS BUT ALSO YOUR CHILDREN. 2. ALSO TAKE THAT OFFER OF NEW SALARY JOB AND FOCUS ON HOW TO USE MONEY FROM IT TO STOCK THE SHOP MORE AND GET STABILIZED. GIVE YOURSELVES TARGET YEARS TO RESIGN AND WORK TOWARDS IT. GOD BLESS YOUR HUSTLE
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Jefferyhi86(m): 11:47am On Oct 29, 2020
Stick with the business and the job too definitely you can manage u can get a person who will manage it with a guarantor , I pray I get a job soon
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by ofiko123(m): 11:50am On Oct 29, 2020
You can do both.. It is called multi-tasking..
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Jotrade: 11:50am On Oct 29, 2020
You nerve get rich working for someone. Go established your business and create you own business empire.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by wisdomkid: 11:52am On Oct 29, 2020
Ahmed0336:

The stress may easily age/kill him. There may likely be hold-up, and unnecessary road blocks...

1 Like

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by obinoral1179(m): 11:53am On Oct 29, 2020
Crossbelt:

you are bless.... God just gave you another source of income.employ someone and continue working to gain more experience...
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by cicikhemy(f): 11:54am On Oct 29, 2020
RedPhoenix:
Kasala

Let's wait for the elders. Off to. Soccer viewing

Wait a minute

Can you hire someone or make someone an offer to oversee your business while you inspect at the close of work each day, so you work and earn a salary and you can channel the salaries towards the growth, development and establishment of the business. This is how the veterans do it. Cause along the line you'll need scarce financial resources essential to have your business established

In one word #Passive income

1 Like

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by RedPhoenix: 11:56am On Oct 29, 2020
cicikhemy:

In one word #Passive income

It's two actually wink

1 Like

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by viki84(m): 11:56am On Oct 29, 2020
PremzY002:
You'd need to read this...!!!

My mum owns a chemist.

So, I'm qualified to give advice.

Had it been you stated the amount the salary work pays, I would have advised you appropriately.

Also, you should have stated if it's a federal government job or a private job that you got.

Chemist business is lucrative if you are in a location where you get many buyers daily.

For a start, you might have low sales.

As time progresses, sales increases.

BACK TO THE TOPIC:

if the job is a government job, please don't leave it (irrespective of the salary amount). The reason is because of what we call 'job security'.

Lecturers, teachers, doctors, etc on government payroll are still receiving salary even though we are in covid/endsars lockdown.

Those on private institutions are now selling vegetable in the market or female handbags.

My brother (an accountant ) was dismissed after 1 month of COVID lockdown.

reschedule your time.
Open your chemist from 7 - 8:30a.m then from 4 - 9pm.

That's when most customers show up.

If it's a private job but pays up to 30k, please do the same thing I already mentioned.

You need that money to support the new business because your profit at this stage won't be much.
It'd help you pay rent, pay security fees, pay to join your chemist association (they'd come for you soon), stock your shop (customers would always demand for new drugs daily).

If the salary is equal to or below 20k and from a private company, please forget it and focus on your chemist.

Please at this stage, don't even think of hiring anyone because goods would be leaving and entering your shop. You'd never know if you are being cheated or not.

I can supply you all drugs at very cheap rates if interested.

Check my past posts or signature for my MOBILE NUMBER.
we could have chats when you are less busy.

Do you know why I love chemists?

It's a business where you can buy a drug for 60 naira and sell at 250.

Or 300 and sell at 700naira

P.S

To GROW your chemist, do the following

1. Blood pressure check @50/100 naira

From this, you'd notice that 60% of people you see are almost dead.

They'd definitely buy blood pressure drugs for you plus headache drugs.

2. blood sugar check

3. Weight and height check.

4. Record every drug a customer asks for that you don't have.

5. Never let more than 2 persons sit in your shop.

( young girls always buy 'pregnancy test strip' if up to 2 persons are in your shop, they'd be shy and definitely pass over to another less crowded shop)

6. Have condoms avaliable

7. Always know drugs that are not to be sold on the counter.

(For instance, if caught with Tramadal, you'd be begging to be released with 100 - 400k)

8. Be friendly with your neighbours. Once in a while, you buy stuff from them. They are the one to protect you and give you the latest secret GOSSIP.

9. Postinor2 costs 60naira and is usually in high demand. When desperate people come for it, sell at 300naira. (It should be a banned drug ooo, sell it codedly and don't display it on your shelf)

10. to your consistent customers, give them FREE blood pressure check. People love free things.

Finally, don't rely on the chemist alone.

Check what the successful people are selling there and do same.

You can still sell pure water , drinks, shoes, or anything that's in high demand in same shop(one side of the shop or in front of your shop)

Best Advice so far

5 Likes

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by streetsoldier1(m): 11:57am On Oct 29, 2020
Crossbelt:

Just like someone advised here, take the job, when you close from work, go to the chemist store, nuture it gradually till the biz can pay your salary. I'm doing same and now I don't need the salary, or I should say salary is just to expand my biz

2 Likes

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Nobody: 11:57am On Oct 29, 2020
Hmmmm. You can do both. Run one in the morning and the other in the night. It is quite easy too if u have a trusted hand that can help you manage your business. Since it is a chemist shop, you have to thoroughly train the person to avoid story that touch.
Thanks

1 Like

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by actright2(m): 12:02pm On Oct 29, 2020
Take the job, find a way to also get the business running.

1 Like

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by bigtt76(f): 12:03pm On Oct 29, 2020
Work at your paid employment - 8-5pm and run your chemist when you get home and on weekends. Gradually you will gain ground and either employ someone to manage it for you. Don't spend your salary on paying another person salary. Save and try to store enough for the rainy day

Crossbelt:

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by SexytorresE(f): 12:03pm On Oct 29, 2020
Run the two
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Adakintroy: 12:04pm On Oct 29, 2020
Go with your business if you are passionate and love what you do.

working for some comes second as an alternative to working for yourself.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by pipnator00(m): 12:05pm On Oct 29, 2020
You know, its sweet to have a credible source of income but sweeter when you have multiple.

Consider managing both at the same time but I have to warn you beforehand, I no go easy oh! E go ard gan since they are both new opportunities. (The new job and your new chemist/Pharmacy)

Crossbelt:

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by NaijaFB: 12:07pm On Oct 29, 2020
Kobicove:

Since the business is still new I will not advise you to give to another person to manage for you...the person will just steal you blind see you have no way of telling the average amount you should be expecting daily as sales.

If you want to take the new job your but st bet would be to go to work in the mornings then when you close for work in the evening you open your shop

This will be better undecided
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Vikalinda(m): 12:11pm On Oct 29, 2020
employ an auxiliary nurse, try to work with her when you are back . most recent jobs are not paying much, so you need your side hustle to move on.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Mexyz(m): 12:14pm On Oct 29, 2020
Ahmed0336:

A very good idea only practicable if the person doesn't stay in Lagos and he is not the Island-Mainland worker...
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by 15ssDRIVE(m): 12:15pm On Oct 29, 2020
Forget one and take one
Don’t close the one you are the boss oh.

Put in the energy you are going to use on the other man work to your own,check if the result show. If yes forget the other lane and face what you have.

Many pharmaceutical companies dey look for reseller. Make sure you have everything and everything legal in your shop .

Become the new Ambassador of all new drugs in your area.

1 Like

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by patani(m): 12:18pm On Oct 29, 2020
RedPhoenix:

You think.... What if I told you someone manages mine and I'm hardly there
What if I told. You I once managed a business for someone and was delivering 20/25k daily without pocketing even 50 naira

Like i said, Average person..Which is 90% of people in Nigeria..You may fall withing the 10% faithful...But dont encourage the guy to leave it to someone...Its better for him to comeback from work and do the managing and see aw much he can make as a potential revenue and decide either to close down of face the business squarely
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Pavillon: 12:18pm On Oct 29, 2020
You are great bro, this advise will also help for those intending to go in that biz. Well done bro
PremzY002:
You'd need to read this...!!!

My mum owns a chemist.

So, I'm qualified to give advice.

Had it been you stated the amount the salary work pays, I would have advised you appropriately.

Also, you should have stated if it's a federal government job or a private job that you got.

Chemist business is lucrative if you are in a location where you get many buyers daily.

For a start, you might have low sales.

As time progresses, sales increases.

BACK TO THE TOPIC:

if the job is a government job, please don't leave it (irrespective of the salary amount). The reason is because of what we call 'job security'.

Lecturers, teachers, doctors, etc on government payroll are still receiving salary even though we are in covid/endsars lockdown.

Those on private institutions are now selling vegetable in the market or female handbags.

My brother (an accountant ) was dismissed after 1 month of COVID lockdown.

reschedule your time.
Open your chemist from 7 - 8:30a.m then from 4 - 9pm.

That's when most customers show up.

If it's a private job but pays up to 30k, please do the same thing I already mentioned.

You need that money to support the new business because your profit at this stage won't be much.
It'd help you pay rent, pay security fees, pay to join your chemist association (they'd come for you soon), stock your shop (customers would always demand for new drugs daily).

If the salary is equal to or below 20k and from a private company, please forget it and focus on your chemist.

Please at this stage, don't even think of hiring anyone because goods would be leaving and entering your shop. You'd never know if you are being cheated or not.

I can supply you all drugs at very cheap rates if interested.

Check my past posts or signature for my MOBILE NUMBER.
we could have chats when you are less busy.

Do you know why I love chemists?

It's a business where you can buy a drug for 60 naira and sell at 250.

Or 300 and sell at 700naira

P.S

To GROW your chemist, do the following

1. Blood pressure check @50/100 naira

From this, you'd notice that 60% of people you see are almost dead.

They'd definitely buy blood pressure drugs from you plus headache drugs.

2. blood sugar check

3. Weight and height check.

4. Record every drug a customer asks for that you don't have.

5. Never let up to or more than 2 persons sit in your shop.

( young girls always buy 'pregnancy test strip' while the young boys boy condom or postinor2. if up to 2 persons are in your shop, they'd be shy and definitely pass over to another less crowded shop)

6. Have condoms avaliable

7. Always know drugs that are not to be sold on the counter.

(For instance, if caught with Tramadal, you'd be begging to be released with 100 - 400k)

8. Be friendly with your neighbours. Once in a while, you buy stuff from them. They are the one to protect you and give you the latest secret GOSSIP.

9. Postinor2 costs 60naira and is usually in high demand. When desperate people come for it, sell at 300naira or more. (It should be a banned drug ooo, sell it codedly and don't display it on your shelf)

10. to your consistent customers, give them FREE blood pressure check. People love free things.

11. DIVERSIFY: instead of having 25 cards of paracetamol,

buy 5 cards of paracetamol (blue card), 5 cards of paracetamol (red card), 5 cards of panadol, 5 cards of panadol extra, 5 cards of painkill, etc.

Make sure you have at least 1 piece of every drug type.

Someone might insist on buying the red paracetamol (meanwhile, it's only the blue one else that you have).

Hope you get the idea?

12. MOST IMPORTANT : don't dash all your profits to resellers. What do I mean?

For instance, buying condoms at 90 naira from reseller and selling at 100naira means you've been cheated.

From the proper source, It won't exceed 40 to 60 naira.

My mum made this mistake when she started.

She was buying a particular drug at 250naira from a reseller but when she got the right source, it ended up being 80 naira (she sells at 350).

Finally, don't rely on the chemist alone.

Check what the successful people are selling there and do same.

You can still sell pure water , drinks, shoes, or anything that's in high demand in same shop(one side of the shop or in front of your shop)

I NEARLY FORGOT OOO....!!!

please I sell Grammarly premium accounts.

Grammarly corrects all mistakes on your term paper, business/job letter, final year projects, etc.

Call/support my ministry via

0. EIGHT. 1. THREE. 4. 9. 9. 8. 8. TWO. SEVEN

3 Likes

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Worldoma: 12:26pm On Oct 29, 2020
Crossbelt:

Please how much does it cost to open a chemist shop? Thanks.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by NairaMaster1(m): 12:27pm On Oct 29, 2020
Crossbelt:

Nurture your business. But if you can combine the two till later, then tge salary can boost your business.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by saajus: 12:28pm On Oct 29, 2020
If you don't have a passive income that could feed you aside from the biz, please employ someone and go for the new job. But, if you are convinced about your business plan, follow through. That's risky, though. At the beginning of a business, you don't want to be taking your profit to feed.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Loan Website That Can Provide 50 - 100K Without Collateral / Video Of production Flaring At Dangote Refinery / Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.