Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,791 members, 7,824,289 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 07:28 AM

I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused (45117 Views)

“There’s No Rich Man On Earth That Is A Salary Earner” - Pastor Olumide Emmanuel / I Just Opened My Piggy Bank ! / Is It Possible For A Salary Earner Or Unemployed To Work From Home In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by moneyissweet(m): 12:30pm On Oct 29, 2020
If you are Igbo and from orlu, reject the work and face your new chemist business. If you do this, you will start building your own house within one year.

Note, I asked if you are from orlu because chemist business is orlu people's gift from God.no matter how little they start,they will blow within few months.

Crossbelt:
Corona virus made me lose my job so the little I saved I decided to use it to open a chemist, since last three months I've been working on it though just last week I opened the place but my problem is that I've gotten another work which I'm expecting to start next week.

My problem is that I don't know if should reject the work and be nuturing my business gradually or I should employ someone though I don't know the risk attached.

Please help a brother I'm seriously confused right now.

1 Like

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by cicikhemy(f): 12:32pm On Oct 29, 2020
RedPhoenix:

It's two actually wink

Thanks jare���

1 Like

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Peace2love: 12:33pm On Oct 29, 2020
Mind your business!

Salary job is another man's business. Why not concentrate on your business and build it so that your children can inherit it.

1 Like

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by abdabass: 12:34pm On Oct 29, 2020
Good day my brother,
You don't have to be confused; since you have been able to scale through the rogor of setting-up a Chemist, carry on with your business, forget about salary job, do not venture into employimg anybody to mange it o.
Best of luck.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by roselynbas(f): 12:35pm On Oct 29, 2020
RedPhoenix:
Kasala

Let's wait for the elders. Off to. Soccer viewing

Wait a minute

Can you hire someone or make someone an offer to oversee your business while you inspect at the close of work each day, so you work and earn a salary and you can channel the salaries towards the growth, development and establishment of the business. This is how the veterans do it. Cause along the line you'll need scarce financial resources essential to have your business established

The Business Hub is an enterprenual and business team of " 10 CONTENT WRITERS " working onboard a project to establish a chain of business ventures through a working from home-styled participation.

We seek more individuals to take up positions on our team and like you to consider participation.

We are looking for interested and willing persons to be a part of this team.

Your roles will be to write articles & produce a variety of them

You'll be trained to meet up with the necessary roles that's required of you.

You'll learn new insights, skills & ideas that will prove inestimable to you even after this project.

Remuneration is 1 Million Naira payable at the end of the engagement.

If you like to participate, send a message to the WhatsApp contact on the signature

Thanks for reading

Interested. I write technical articles. Can i be aprt of your team?
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Nobody: 12:41pm On Oct 29, 2020
double blessing
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Ijaya123: 12:47pm On Oct 29, 2020
Crossbelt:
Corona virus made me lose my job so the little I saved I decided to use it to open a chemist, since last three months I've been working on it though just last week I opened the place but my problem is that I've gotten another work which I'm expecting to start next week.

My problem is that I don't know if should reject the work and be nuturing my business gradually or I should employ someone though I don't know the risk attached.

Take the new job offer. After you close from the office, you can open your chemist for the rest of the evening. Do it like this till you figure out what to do finally.

1 Like

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by sheyisky(m): 12:51pm On Oct 29, 2020
NaijaOlosho:
If you know how much that chemist will pay you in less than one year you won't even think twice about letting the job go.

The first place sick people rush to is chemist, except they are severely I'll before going to hospitals.

So people buy drugs very cheap and sell times 4 the price they bought in Nigeria here.

You can buy injections for 100 and give at 4k

Some drugs are just 300 but you sell 900

So the gain in that business is massive but many don't know. For a start you need to be on ground to establish the business and gain trust from customers around.

Forget that job ooo be wise...
how much can someone use to start the business apart from shop fee help a brother
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by tokssgirlie: 12:52pm On Oct 29, 2020
I believe you already grasp one or two things from what people have said.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Komu1048(m): 12:54pm On Oct 29, 2020
Which church did u attend @op
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by BabaIbo: 1:00pm On Oct 29, 2020
moneyissweet:
If you are Igbo and from orlu, reject the work and face your new chemist business. If you do this, you will start building your own house within one year.

Note, I asked if you are from orlu because chemist business is orlu people's gift from God.no matter how little they start,they will blow within few months.

LoL, funny response.

1 Like

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by sammysammy111(m): 1:00pm On Oct 29, 2020
Shebi if to say u don marry ur wife for d manage d business while u go work
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by primestreams: 1:02pm On Oct 29, 2020
grin

Chemist in my area build new houses yearly

Come of it bro be your own boss
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by RedPhoenix: 1:04pm On Oct 29, 2020
roselynbas:

Interested. I write technical articles. Can i be aprt of your team?

Yes you can. Hit me up on WhatsApp on the contact on the signature
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Neddyogu(m): 1:05pm On Oct 29, 2020
Ahmed0336:
geting a trusted hand to run your biz will be difficult.

my advice; go to work in the morning, when you're closed in the evening you can open your shop let's say 6-9 pm.

Good thinking. Was about to say same
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Chigorkizz(m): 1:07pm On Oct 29, 2020
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by AmbassadoR100(m): 1:08pm On Oct 29, 2020
Employ someone in your chemist. Take up your new job.
By doing so u have two streams of income.

You can go to the chemist on weekends.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by SamuelLoch: 1:18pm On Oct 29, 2020
Crossbelt:

Early this year, one of my lecturers (an ASUU member) took a bold step similar to yours.
To summarize it, she opens her store after work on campus, and by the end of the day (8:30pm - 9:00pm) we have money to count and accounts to remit.

After the relief of the lockdown, we had many days of counting over N20k daily.

Tip:
1. Get the necessary licenses.
2. If you would be selling special OTC drugs, have a separate store/room (not open) to keep them because of the day law enforcement officers would raid. They would definitely come!
3. Don't sell special drugs to someone you've not established a relationship with.
4. Don't beef other pharmacies in the area, they can stab you.

You have a lot of money to make, with time...
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by BabyApple(m): 1:22pm On Oct 29, 2020
Employ someone and mount CCTV to monitor what is going on in your shop if you can afford it.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by LOVEGINO(m): 1:26pm On Oct 29, 2020
ojun50:

True this advice for a month
u re right oooo. But fvck salary work(slavery). Na biz sure pass.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Zinpat: 1:29pm On Oct 29, 2020
Combine d two
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Princelyon247(m): 1:40pm On Oct 29, 2020
Employ someone And go for the job
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Eminado1: 1:44pm On Oct 29, 2020
You can take the job and hire someone to look after the business for you, provided you are there after you close from work.

If you opt for this option, you will need a Fidelity Guarantee Insurance in place to protect your business against loss as a result of fraudulent acts by your employee(s).

Crossbelt:

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by xtervaganza(m): 1:52pm On Oct 29, 2020
Crossbelt:

as someone who has done business while still under another man's employment, I can tell you if you accept that job offer your business will collapse. It's not a curse. 2 people can't wear one trouser.

Only solution is; if the job you got pays very well then you can either decide to put someone in the shop( don't expect to make profit). But if it's a low paying job it's better you face your business oo
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by NaijaOlosho(f): 1:54pm On Oct 29, 2020
sheyisky:
how much can someone use to start the business apart from shop fee help a brother

Depending on the size of your shop

But I would advise you rent small shop (say medium) but not too large. This is for a reason and the reason is to make sure that the shop is always full at all time.

Yes customers like shops that are full and jam packed, they believe you have everything and its cheaper

So that is the idea, with that kind of shop even with the least 150k to 200 can start very well
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Iseoluwani: 2:07pm On Oct 29, 2020
Ahmed0336:
geting a trusted hand to run your biz will be difficult.

my advice; go to work in the morning, when you're closed in the evening you can open your shop let's say 6-9 pm.

best advice ever
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by TeeElesh: 2:11pm On Oct 29, 2020
PremzY002:
You'd need to read this...!!!

My mum owns a chemist.

So, I'm qualified to give advice.

Had it been you stated the amount the salary work pays, I would have advised you appropriately.

Also, you should have stated if it's a federal government job or a private job that you got.

Chemist business is lucrative if you are in a location where you get many buyers daily.

For a start, you might have low sales.

As time progresses, sales increases.

BACK TO THE TOPIC:

if the job is a government job, please don't leave it (irrespective of the salary amount). The reason is because of what we call 'job security'.

Lecturers, teachers, doctors, etc on government payroll are still receiving salary even though we are in covid/endsars lockdown.

Those on private institutions are now selling vegetable in the market or female handbags.

My brother (an accountant ) was dismissed after 1 month of COVID lockdown.

reschedule your time.
Open your chemist from 7 - 8:30a.m then from 4 - 9pm.

That's when most customers show up.

If it's a private job but pays up to 30k, please do the same thing I already mentioned.

You need that money to support the new business because your profit at this stage won't be much.
It'd help you pay rent, pay security fees, pay to join your chemist association (they'd come for you soon), stock your shop (customers would always demand for new drugs daily).

If the salary is equal to or below 20k and from a private company, please forget it and focus on your chemist.

Please at this stage, don't even think of hiring anyone because goods would be leaving and entering your shop. You'd never know if you are being cheated or not.

I can supply you all drugs at very cheap rates if interested.

Check my past posts or signature for my MOBILE NUMBER.
we could have chats when you are less busy.

Do you know why I love chemists?

It's a business where you can buy a drug for 60 naira and sell at 250.

Or 300 and sell at 700naira

P.S

To GROW your chemist, do the following

1. Blood pressure check @50/100 naira

From this, you'd notice that 60% of people you see are almost dead.

They'd definitely buy blood pressure drugs from you plus headache drugs.

If the B.P is high, please don't shout so that the person won't die in your shop (very inportant).

Tell the person that it's 'slightly' high and he/she needs to take some drugs/rest to calm it down.

Or just write it on a paper for that person so that the person would leave with his/her wahala.

2. blood sugar check

3. Weight and height check.

4. Record every drug a customer asks for that you don't have.

5. Never let up to or more than 2 persons sit in your shop.

( young girls always buy 'pregnancy test strip' while the young boys buy condom or postinor2. if up to 2 persons are in your shop, they'd be shy and definitely pass over to another less crowded shop)

6. Have condoms avaliable

7. Always know drugs that are not to be sold on the counter.

(For instance, if caught with Tramadol, you'd be begging to be released with 100 - 400k)

8. Be friendly with your neighbours. Once in a while, you buy stuff from them. They are the one to protect you and give you the latest secret GOSSIP.

9. Postinor2 costs 60naira and is usually in high demand. When desperate people come for it, sell at 300naira or more. (It should be a banned drug ooo, sell it codedly and don't display it on your shelf)

10. to your consistent customers, give them FREE blood pressure check. People love free things.

11. DIVERSIFY: instead of having 25 cards of paracetamol,

buy 5 cards of paracetamol (blue card), 5 cards of paracetamol (red card), 5 cards of panadol, 5 cards of panadol extra, 5 cards of painkill, etc.

Make sure you have at least 1 piece of every drug type.

Someone might insist on buying the red paracetamol (meanwhile, it's only the blue one that you have).

Hope you get the idea?

12. Before buying any drug, check the expiration date. Make sure it has at least 2 years before it expires (don't go and buy drugs that will expire tomorrow morning).

13. MOST IMPORTANT : don't dash all your profits to resellers. What do I mean?

For instance, buying condoms at 90 naira from reseller and selling at 100naira means you've been cheated.

From the proper source, It won't exceed 40 to 60 naira.

My mum made this mistake when she started.

She was buying a particular drug at 250naira from a reseller but when she got the right source, it ended up being 80 naira (she sells at 350).

Finally, don't rely on the chemist alone.

Check what the successful people are selling there and do same.

You can still sell pure water , drinks, shoes, or anything that's in high demand in same shop(one side of the shop or in front of your shop)

BONUS:

If you need a comprehensive list of drugs you'll need to start a chemist , send small money (any amount) to

0.2.3.8.7.6.6.0.7.8 GTbank

I'd send you the list.

I NEARLY FORGOT OOO....!!!

please I sell Grammarly premium accounts.

Grammarly corrects all mistakes on your term paper, business/job letter, final year projects, etc.

Call me via

0. EIGHT. 1. THREE. 4. 9. 9. 8. 8. TWO. SEVEN

Or support my ministry via

Wow...I really like you.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by dd12345: 2:17pm On Oct 29, 2020
PremzY002:
You'd need to read this...!!!

My mum owns a chemist.

So, I'm qualified to give advice.

Had it been you stated the amount the salary work pays, I would have advised you appropriately.

Also, you should have stated if it's a federal government job or a private job that you got.

Chemist business is lucrative if you are in a location where you get many buyers daily.

For a start, you might have low sales.

As time progresses, sales increases.

BACK TO THE TOPIC:

if the job is a government job, please don't leave it (irrespective of the salary amount). The reason is because of what we call 'job security'.

Lecturers, teachers, doctors, etc on government payroll are still receiving salary even though we are in covid/endsars lockdown.

Those on private institutions are now selling vegetable in the market or female handbags.

My brother (an accountant ) was dismissed after 1 month of COVID lockdown.

reschedule your time.
Open your chemist from 7 - 8:30a.m then from 4 - 9pm.

That's when most customers show up.

If it's a private job but pays up to 30k, please do the same thing I already mentioned.

You need that money to support the new business because your profit at this stage won't be much.
It'd help you pay rent, pay security fees, pay to join your chemist association (they'd come for you soon), stock your shop (customers would always demand for new drugs daily).

If the salary is equal to or below 20k and from a private company, please forget it and focus on your chemist.

Please at this stage, don't even think of hiring anyone because goods would be leaving and entering your shop. You'd never know if you are being cheated or not.

I can supply you all drugs at very cheap rates if interested.

Check my past posts or signature for my MOBILE NUMBER.
we could have chats when you are less busy.

Do you know why I love chemists?

It's a business where you can buy a drug for 60 naira and sell at 250.

Or 300 and sell at 700naira

P.S

To GROW your chemist, do the following

1. Blood pressure check @50/100 naira

From this, you'd notice that 60% of people you see are almost dead.

They'd definitely buy blood pressure drugs from you plus headache drugs.

If the B.P is high, please don't shout so that the person won't die in your shop (very inportant).

Tell the person that it's 'slightly' high and he/she needs to take some drugs/rest to calm it down.

Or just write it on a paper for that person so that the person would leave with his/her wahala.

2. blood sugar check

3. Weight and height check.

4. Record every drug a customer asks for that you don't have.

5. Never let up to or more than 2 persons sit in your shop.

( young girls always buy 'pregnancy test strip' while the young boys buy condom or postinor2. if up to 2 persons are in your shop, they'd be shy and definitely pass over to another less crowded shop)

6. Have condoms avaliable

7. Always know drugs that are not to be sold on the counter.

(For instance, if caught with Tramadol, you'd be begging to be released with 100 - 400k)

8. Be friendly with your neighbours. Once in a while, you buy stuff from them. They are the one to protect you and give you the latest secret GOSSIP.

9. Postinor2 costs 60naira and is usually in high demand. When desperate people come for it, sell at 300naira or more. (It should be a banned drug ooo, sell it codedly and don't display it on your shelf)

10. to your consistent customers, give them FREE blood pressure check. People love free things.

11. DIVERSIFY: instead of having 25 cards of paracetamol,

buy 5 cards of paracetamol (blue card), 5 cards of paracetamol (red card), 5 cards of panadol, 5 cards of panadol extra, 5 cards of painkill, etc.

Make sure you have at least 1 piece of every drug type.

Someone might insist on buying the red paracetamol (meanwhile, it's only the blue one that you have).

Hope you get the idea?

12. Before buying any drug, check the expiration date. Make sure it has at least 2 years before it expires (don't go and buy drugs that will expire tomorrow morning).

13. MOST IMPORTANT : don't dash all your profits to resellers. What do I mean?

For instance, buying condoms at 90 naira from reseller and selling at 100naira means you've been cheated.

From the proper source, It won't exceed 40 to 60 naira.

My mum made this mistake when she started.

She was buying a particular drug at 250naira from a reseller but when she got the right source, it ended up being 80 naira (she sells at 350).

Finally, don't rely on the chemist alone.

Check what the successful people are selling there and do same.

You can still sell pure water , drinks, shoes, or anything that's in high demand in same shop(one side of the shop or in front of your shop)

BONUS:

If you need a comprehensive list of drugs you'll need to start a chemist , send small money (any amount) to

I'd send you the list.

I NEARLY FORGOT OOO....!!!

please I sell Grammarly premium accounts.

Grammarly corrects all mistakes on your term paper, business/job letter, final year projects, etc.

Call me via

0. EIGHT. 1. THREE. 4. 9. 9. 8. 8. TWO. SEVEN

Or support my ministry via

Nice advice
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by pinkgoodies(m): 2:18pm On Oct 29, 2020
Crossbelt:

If you know what you are doing, you will make millions with that chemist shop.. My mom Got one.. she used it to train us, had it before she gave birth to us. the carton of Condoms she sells in a week can feed you a month.

2 Likes

Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Omezif(m): 2:20pm On Oct 29, 2020
Find someone and put in chemist shop if you can, train the person very well to enjoy it. Dont reject the new job.
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Nobody: 2:28pm On Oct 29, 2020
Y
Re: I Just Opened A Business And Got A Salary Work I'm Confused by Nobody: 2:41pm On Oct 29, 2020
1. How Much Do U Make A Day In D Chemist Business? 2. How Much Is D Salary Of D Job U Want To Start?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Nigerian Loan Website That Can Provide 50 - 100K Without Collateral / 'Citation': Ibukun Awosika Makes Acting Debut In Kunle Afolayan Movie / Gtbank Launches Mobile Phone Money Transfer - First Of Its Kind!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.