Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,333 members, 7,954,351 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:16 PM

Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina (32804 Views)

Port Harcourt Refinery To Complete Test Run This Month / Army & Police Killed Peaceful Protesters At Lekki Tollgate - Amnesty / Femi Gbajabiamila: Nigeria Doesn’t Run World Most Expensive Legislature (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina by Camelot65: 10:37am On Oct 29, 2020
helinues:

God is not emotional like you..

That's why he created karma which will pounce on mischievous people
You See your life...... karma is fake asF

1 Like

Re: Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina by seguno2: 10:39am On Oct 29, 2020
Stalwert:
Amnesty international report did not contain the name of a single victim of Lekki shooting. They have moved from 12 dies in lekki to 12 dies in lekki and aluasa. Whoever runs the branch in Nigeria is like Chidi Odinkalu, husband of a dildoo herdswoman, who have once headed the NHRC, lacking any iota of integrity.

Amnesia International was asked to name a single victim on Arise, the drunken slowpoke began stammering and looking like a confused fool.

Was that how Buhari was stammering and looking like a confused fool of a drunken slowpoke when he said that the world is watching because lawmakers booed him during his budget presentation

1 Like

Re: Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina by chamboy(m): 10:39am On Oct 29, 2020
CodeTemplar:
Lights at lekki toll gate is know to come on at 6:00 PM. So spin it another way pls.
i accept light was turned off but what is the essence of the light off when its still bright.
Re: Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina by solonubinho(m): 10:39am On Oct 29, 2020
CID11:

Bros, don't mind this people. They are jumping from one media house to another talking trash. They are also threatening the victims never to come out. The victims know themselves. Amnesty international does not have their time. They have already gathered their evidence. They should keep on deceiving themselves

Don't mind them. They should keep fooling themselves till the International Criminal Court serves them. Then we will know whether the ICC has powers in Nigeria or not. I wonder who cursed us with this generation of foolish old gloats parading as leaders.

1 Like

Re: Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina by CID11: 10:39am On Oct 29, 2020
Commentor:

What is keeping them from publishing it?

Honey, they are called evidence. Have you asked why all of a sudden they are now jumping from one media house to another granting interviews? Leave it as you see it. Someone is jittery

1 Like

Re: Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina by apogeez(m): 10:40am On Oct 29, 2020
ivolt:
Amnesty are subversive liars and vultures. Despite having zero evidence, they spread fake news of a "massacre" that never happened. Amnesty need big lies to get more funding for the charade organization they run and to provide false evidence for possible future military interventions.
like this stupid fool is working with Nigeria government here on nairaland

1 Like

Re: Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina by DAVE5(m): 10:40am On Oct 29, 2020
Omooba77:

Let LASG play their own CCTV.....

Abi nah, make them play their own cctv to disprove all the fake news and allegations

This country is really gone to the wind

1 Like

Re: Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina by Omooba77: 10:40am On Oct 29, 2020
helinues:

Cut that crap... Tell that threatening to sheepes like you...
All those emotional spiritual talk na lame and dumb
Ok sir, time will tell....
Re: Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina by Commentor: 10:41am On Oct 29, 2020
CID11:
Honey, they are called evidence. Have you asked why all of a sudden they are now jumping from one media house to another granting interviews? Leave it as you see it. Someone is jittery

I'm not your honey.

9 days after a 'massacre' yet we wait to see a list containing just one victim.

This must be the most victimless massacre in the history of the earth.
Re: Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina by CodeTemplar: 10:42am On Oct 29, 2020
Patriotic9ja:

Were they shot at? The attention seeking DJ said they aimed at them and shot. Do you guys know what it is to aim and shoot at? If the soldiers were actually aiming and shooting at them with all those gun shots. We wont be looking for the so called "massacred peaceful protesters" up till now. From the same video shared by the accusers, soldiers were seen firing upwards with the protesters still daring the military men and vowing not to retreat nor disperse.

If you guys are sincere, the first question should be, what are they doing there after violence has erupted in many parts of the state earlier and curfew imposed by the government? The people willingly break laws and orders then claim to be peaceful protesters.
Since when do they need darkness to shoot upwards? You are obviously deeply daft.
Re: Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina by CID11: 10:44am On Oct 29, 2020
solonubinho:

Don't mind them. They should keep fooling themselves till the International Criminal Court serves them. Then we will know whether the ICC has powers in Nigeria or not. I wonder who cursed us with this generation of foolish old gloats parading as leaders.
I swear, my annoyance is that they are not even smart. They ought to have owned up, apologise, then pay compensation. Then they will claim that the matter has been treated at home. Since Nigeria is sovereign country, nobody will lift an eye. But they denying it and also threatening the victims. It's a disaster in the making. Believe me, there is more to come

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina by Mycoin(m): 10:45am On Oct 29, 2020
Ayekooto Akindele wrote
WHO ASKED THE MILITARY TO COME TO LAGOS?

this has been the question on lips of genuinely ignorant or deliberately hypocritical folks since the Lekki Protest ended last week Tuesday. I have the answer to the question.

Let me begin by saying that on 20.10.2020, I decided to go off air in protest of the "GENOCIDE" in Lekki, I will never support such against LAGOSIANS or OYOSIANS or even BAYESIANS.... anyone at all. But on Wednesday, when all those claimed to have died were denying, I paused. I said if the government denied it, those who lost their loved ones will not keep quiet. I just lost my dad and my beloved boss, I had lost my elder sister in 1988, I lost my elder brother in 2015 and so on, I know how painful it is to lose a loved ones and if your person had died by MILITARY bullet, no sane person will keep quiet. So, I was sure that Bereaved Parents, Guardians or Relatives of these dead people, initially 78 in number, will soon wear black mourning clothes and go to the Government House.

But on Friday, when all I saw was pictures of people who died but later came out to say they were alive, I decided to come back to social media. I started tweeting to air my opinion Days after I was convinced by myself that NOBODY WAS KILLED AT THE TOLL GATE.

I also watch how this alarm caused monumental destruction of monuments in Lagos and how everyone watched these folks without caution until LAGOSIANS begin to resist them. I also saw how many media houses started with the Headline LEKKI MASSACRE, LEKKI GENOCIDE and later LEKKI KILLINGS and eventually LEKKI SHOOTINGS. This further assisted my belief in the fact I had established above. I did not believe the Switch when she said the figure was now 15, and that she carried 7 BODIES TO THE FEET OF THE SOLDIERS. What? She was carrying the bodies to those who were shootings but she wasn't shot, neither did she get tired until she carried 7 bodies out of 15.....she definitely must be a guest at the Commission of Inquiry...even if those dead guys have no families, there must be people at the Lekki Toll Gate who must know one or two of them having stayed together for at least one week dancing and merrying.

So why did they shout MASSACRE, GENOCIDE? To hang a dog � you must call it a bad name. Who is the dog? Be the judge.

The hoodlums that ran POLICE out of town, had also disarmed the POLICE by stealing their weapons, burning their stations and killing the cops �‍♂️, the Police were thoroughly demoralised. These criminals now went to free prisoners in Edo. Edo Governor took a bold decision by declaring a CURFEW, and immediately he did, the MILITARY moved in to Edo to douse the tension, afterall, the police had been ran out of town...Now, Who invited the military to EDO? Is it Lagos Government or Edo Government? In Rivers, the military also came in, in Abuja, even Oyo, Ogun etc, who invited the military in all these places? Definitely the FG deployed the military to everywhere because, no serious Government will leave the country in crisis especially in the absence of the Police.

Why did Lagos become an issue? Lekki was an issue not Lagos because the military were in ALAUSA too but what made Lekki an issue is the word MASSACRE, GENOCIDE that one DJ Switch talked about.

Was there a MASSACRE? According to Google, Massacre is a Noun. It means "the unnecessary, indiscriminate killing of a large number of human beings or animals, as in barbarous warfare or persecution or for revenge or plunder. a general slaughter, as of persons or animals: the massacre of millions during the war".....So was there a Massacre in Lekki? MY ANSWER IS NO. This is one week after, no fact has proved this beyond the ranting and curses on social media.

Was there GENOCIDE in Lekki? According to Google, it is a Noun. It means "the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group". So was there GENOCIDE in Lekki? My answer is NO.

Were there KILLINGS in LEKKI? If there were, I expected to see the real pictures not concorted as circulated but later refuted. I expected to see the families of the deceased immediately after. None of this was proven beyond rhetorics and emotional blackmail.

Was there shooting in Lekki? I believe there were shootings aimed at dispersing the crowd to observe the curfew. Yes because, there were about 20 people injured and hospitalised for sustaining injuries from mild to harsh, after which 2 reportedly died in the hospital �. One of the dead persons was said to be injured outside Lekki Toll Gate while the second had hit his head on something, Perhaps when he was running �‍♂️ from the soldiers.

So who is to blame? I blame the FG for not quick enough to nip the protest in the bud. I blame the genuine protesters for staying on the streets, blocking the roads even after FG had accepted their demands. What else were they looking for? Their unnecessary waiting allowed every form of interests to overthrow it and their leaderless nature threw them into anarchy which resulted in the looting and killings. The lies told about Lekki saga is callous and unnecessary, I hope all those who made the allegation of GENOCIDE and Massacre will bring their proofs to the Commission of Inquiry, failure to do so must lead to serious prosecution.

IN CONCLUSION, there are the genuine protesters led by SEGALINK who backed out when their demands were accepted. There are Politically Motivated ones who remained on the street shouting EndBuhari. There are Revolutionaries led by Sahara and IPOB who led many, directly or indirectly, into attack on properties and persons of interest. There are the criminals who want to free their colleagues and Rob some folks. There are hungry people who merely steal the stolen palliatives to survive. In all of these, the Political Protesters led us all to this point.

I thank the Federal Government for swiftly deploying the military to quench the activities of those bandits and hoodlums at a time when the police were under serious persecution ......

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina by CID11: 10:45am On Oct 29, 2020
Commentor:

I'm not your honey.

9 days after a 'massacre' yet we wait to see a list containing just one victim.

This must be the most victimless massacre in the history of the earth.
My friend, the list is not for you. So they are also threatened their families. Even the intelligence community has advised them to go under
Re: Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina by Omooba77: 10:46am On Oct 29, 2020
helinues:

God is not emotional like you..

That's why he created karma which will pounce on mischievous people

Let help you a little bit, karma runs till like 10th generations...May God have mercy on you...
Re: Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina by Obichukwuu: 10:46am On Oct 29, 2020
ivolt:
Amnesty are subversive liars and vultures. Despite having zero evidence, they spread fake news of a "massacre" that never happened. Amnesty need big lies to get more funding for the charade organization they run and to provide false evidence for possible future military interventions.

[img]https:///view/african-moms-en-heh-idiot-go-ahead-gif-13572440.gif[/img]

1 Like

Re: Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina by CID11: 10:48am On Oct 29, 2020
Mycoin:
Ayekooto Akindele wrote
WHO ASKED THE MILITARY TO COME TO LAGOS?

this has been the question on lips of genuinely ignorant or deliberately hypocritical folks since the Lekki Protest ended last week Tuesday. I have the answer to the question.

Let me begin by saying that on 20.10.2020, I decided to go off air in protest of the "GENOCIDE" in Lekki, I will never support such against LAGOSIANS or OYOSIANS or even BAYESIANS.... anyone at all. But on Wednesday, when all those claimed to have died were denying, I paused. I said if the government denied it, those who lost their loved ones will not keep quiet. I just lost my dad and my beloved boss, I had lost my elder sister in 1988, I lost my elder brother in 2015 and so on, I know how painful it is to lose a loved ones and if your person had died by MILITARY bullet, no sane person will keep quiet. So, I was sure that Bereaved Parents, Guardians or Relatives of these dead people, initially 78 in number, will soon wear black mourning clothes and go to the Government House.

But on Friday, when all I saw was pictures of people who died but later came out to say they were alive, I decided to come back to social media. I started tweeting to air my opinion Days after I was convinced by myself that NOBODY WAS KILLED AT THE TOLL GATE.

I also watch how this alarm caused monumental destruction of monuments in Lagos and how everyone watched these folks without caution until LAGOSIANS begin to resist them. I also saw how many media houses started with the Headline LEKKI MASSACRE, LEKKI GENOCIDE and later LEKKI KILLINGS and eventually LEKKI SHOOTINGS. This further assisted my belief in the fact I had established above. I did not believe the Switch when she said the figure was now 15, and that she carried 7 BODIES TO THE FEET OF THE SOLDIERS. What? She was carrying the bodies to those who were shootings but she wasn't shot, neither did she get tired until she carried 7 bodies out of 15.....she definitely must be a guest at the Commission of Inquiry...even if those dead guys have no families, there must be people at the Lekki Toll Gate who must know one or two of them having stayed together for at least one week dancing and merrying.

So why did they shout MASSACRE, GENOCIDE? To hang a dog � you must call it a bad name. Who is the dog? Be the judge.

The hoodlums that ran POLICE out of town, had also disarmed the POLICE by stealing their weapons, burning their stations and killing the cops �‍♂️, the Police were thoroughly demoralised. These criminals now went to free prisoners in Edo. Edo Governor took a bold decision by declaring a CURFEW, and immediately he did, the MILITARY moved in to Edo to douse the tension, afterall, the police had been ran out of town...Now, Who invited the military to EDO? Is it Lagos Government or Edo Government? In Rivers, the military also came in, in Abuja, even Oyo, Ogun etc, who invited the military in all these places? Definitely the FG deployed the military to everywhere because, no serious Government will leave the country in crisis especially in the absence of the Police.

Why did Lagos become an issue? Lekki was an issue not Lagos because the military were in ALAUSA too but what made Lekki an issue is the word MASSACRE, GENOCIDE that one DJ Switch talked about.

Was there a MASSACRE? According to Google, Massacre is a Noun. It means "the unnecessary, indiscriminate killing of a large number of human beings or animals, as in barbarous warfare or persecution or for revenge or plunder. a general slaughter, as of persons or animals: the massacre of millions during the war".....So was there a Massacre in Lekki? MY ANSWER IS NO. This is one week after, no fact has proved this beyond the ranting and curses on social media.

Was there GENOCIDE in Lekki? According to Google, it is a Noun. It means "the deliberate killing of a large number of people from a particular nation or ethnic group with the aim of destroying that nation or group". So was there GENOCIDE in Lekki? My answer is NO.

Were there KILLINGS in LEKKI? If there were, I expected to see the real pictures not concorted as circulated but later refuted. I expected to see the families of the deceased immediately after. None of this was proven beyond rhetorics and emotional blackmail.

Was there shooting in Lekki? I believe there were shootings aimed at dispersing the crowd to observe the curfew. Yes because, there were about 20 people injured and hospitalised for sustaining injuries from mild to harsh, after which 2 reportedly died in the hospital �. One of the dead persons was said to be injured outside Lekki Toll Gate while the second had hit his head on something, Perhaps when he was running �‍♂️ from the soldiers.

So who is to blame? I blame the FG for not quick enough to nip the protest in the bud. I blame the genuine protesters for staying on the streets, blocking the roads even after FG had accepted their demands. What else were they looking for? Their unnecessary waiting allowed every form of interests to overthrow it and their leaderless nature threw them into anarchy which resulted in the looting and killings. The lies told about Lekki saga is callous and unnecessary, I hope all those who made the allegation of GENOCIDE and Massacre will bring their proofs to the Commission of Inquiry, failure to do so must lead to serious prosecution.

IN CONCLUSION, there are the genuine protesters led by SEGALINK who backed out when their demands were accepted. There are Politically Motivated ones who remained on the street shouting EndBuhari. There are Revolutionaries led by Sahara and IPOB who led many, directly or indirectly, into attack on properties and persons of interest. There are the criminals who want to free their colleagues and Rob some folks. There are hungry people who merely steal the stolen palliatives to survive. In all of these, the Political Protesters led us all to this point.

I thank the Federal Government for swiftly deploying the military to quench the activities of those bandits and hoodlums at a time when the police were under serious persecution ......
Akuko, long story. Femi Adeshina is that you. Who do you expect to read this? Where the protesters armed?
They were holding the national flag singing the national anthem.
Let me come and be going

2 Likes

Re: Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina by Nobody: 10:49am On Oct 29, 2020
The same amnesty international sabotaging war against insurgency in North-East, they're allegedly caught many times supporting Boko Haram with information and food; if someone has army friend in a battlefield at North-East should ask him about the sabotage of AI. They ensured Nigeria couldn't buy the needed jets to fight the insurgency for the allegations of excessive force against Boko Haram insurgents. They report NA to UN human rights groups about the heavy weapons being used against insurgents, they discredit NA for attacking insurgents when not in combat, they always accuse NA for breaking Rules of Engagement when battling insurgents but unfortunately many haters don't understand the evil agenda of AI in Nigeria.
The biggest sympathisers of Boko Haram
Nigeria threaten to cut the activities of AI in Nigeria because of those allegations.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina by Commentor: 10:49am On Oct 29, 2020
CID11:
My friend, the list is not for you. So they are also threatened their families. Even the intelligence community has advised them to go under

The families of unknown people are being threatened .

Re: Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina by Zeezy81: 10:49am On Oct 29, 2020
ivolt:

Continue spewing trash, Nigeria is making headlines allover the world for the wrong reasons. Please answer this question, is nigeria the only black or west African nation, better still is Nigeria the only country with a resident Amnesty International offfice?
Go and see how fast our western neighbors are growing

Was there a protest? Yes
Was it peaceful? Yes
Was there shooting? Yes
Was there military presence? Yes
Was any death recorded? Yes

What else do you want ?

1 Like

Re: Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina by richie240: 10:50am On Oct 29, 2020
helinues:

I thought you guys said you have video evidence?

What's stopping you from producing it?

Emotional blackmailing don't work on government..

You guys need to sink that in ya skull

Its only ipob that will lie against you and (instead of backing it up with facts) ask you to provide evidence (yourself) why their lies are not truth!

Very warped ideology!

U claim sanwoolu+tinubu+buhari killed 78 ppl, not 70, not 79, but 78, which means you counted d bodies.
Yet, instead of showing d world d proof, they are asking sanwoolu to provide proof its not 78?

Which kain wahala be ds?
grin grin grin

[s]
Omooba77:

Ask Sanwo-Olu should answer the military allegations first....
[/s]

Re: Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina by mentored: 10:50am On Oct 29, 2020
theenchanter:
why do u choose to be eternally stupid?

Forever really
Re: Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina by Omooba77: 10:50am On Oct 29, 2020
CID11:
I swear, my annoyance is that they are not even smart. They ought to have owned up, apologise, then pay compensation. Then they will claim that the matter has been treated at home. Since Nigeria is sovereign country, nobody will lift an eye. But they denying it and also threatening the victims. It's a disaster in the making. Believe me, there is more to come

God bless you, they could have agreed they were wrong. Same way they bombed IDP in Borno, it took them days to say they did it.
Yet you have some of them here defending them...What a collection of evil people!

1 Like

Re: Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina by GamalNasser: 10:50am On Oct 29, 2020
Commentor:

Name one of the victims.

People where shot and I don't know how many died but certainly some of them died and I gather the are being paid into silence as we speak
Re: Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina by Johnsinia(m): 10:51am On Oct 29, 2020
ivolt:
You will be killed by this administration and we will all say it's a lie...
Re: Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina by Nobody: 10:51am On Oct 29, 2020
The same amnesty international sabotaging war against insurgency in North-East, they're allegedly caught many times supporting Boko Haram with information and food; if someone has army friend in a battlefield at North-East should ask him about the sabotage of AI. They ensured Nigeria couldn't buy the needed jets to fight the insurgency for the allegations of excessive force against Boko Haram insurgents. They report NA to UN human rights groups about the heavy weapons being used against insurgents, they discredit NA for attacking insurgents when not in combat, they always accuse NA for breaking Rules of Engagement when battling insurgents but unfortunately many haters don't understand the evil agenda of AI in Nigeria.
The biggest sympathisers of Boko Haram is AI.
Last year, Nigeria threaten to cut the activities of AI because of those allegations.
Re: Lekki Tollgate: Amnesty International Doesn’t Run This Country — Femi Adesina by Commentor: 10:51am On Oct 29, 2020
GamalNasser:

People where shot and I don't know how many died but certainly some of them died and I gather the are being paid into silence as we speak

Strange that you must say this because also saw unicorns last night.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Sylva Went Clubbing, Drinking After Loss At Bayelsa Polls / Money In Foreign Currency Hidden In Abuja’s Aso Drive – Whistle-blower / Tinubu, Ganduje Commission Kabara Flyover In Kano

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.