Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,780 members, 7,817,221 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:21 AM

Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers (54817 Views)

Those Who Criticize Desmond Elliot Are Praising Peter Obi / Peter Obi Condemns Social Media Attacks On Pastor Adeboye / #EndSARS: Desmond Elliot Reacts To Judicial Panel Report (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by NaMeAboki: 5:05pm On Oct 29, 2020
badomiciaga:
[s][/s]

You just proved my point - just too immature to reason.
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by jamesighedosa20: 5:08pm On Oct 29, 2020
He has forgotten where he started from the same youths he is condemning once supported him......

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by plaindealer: 5:10pm On Oct 29, 2020
I agree with him 100%
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by timbabng(m): 5:20pm On Oct 29, 2020
Commentor:

How can you say censoring social media would not prevent the country from burning?

Countries without the problems we face still ensure social media is indeed censored, so what are you scared of?

There is nothing like root cause other than the predilection for illegality and anarchy by a large swathe of the Nigerian populace.

Even the opposition to censorship underlines this.

Nigeria is sitting on a keg of gunpowder (Tribal tensions, Poverty, Unemployment, Terrorism, Banditry), any spark will be a disaster. Censoring social media is like taking away a matchbox, when we have other things like lighters, stoves around us.
They should focus on gradually evacuating the gun powder.

The average igbo man does not trust an Hausa man and vice versa, the Yoruba man does not trust both tribes. But miraculously, our politicians are getting along.

Those countries with extreme social media regulation, like China, North Korea don't have the problems we have.

Nigeria needs to focus on the problems now.

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Daguccizgreat(m): 5:21pm On Oct 29, 2020
OZOnNengiTheory:
He is actually making sense, but as expected, our emotional and dumb yooots will curse him
Of course he made sense because he uttered what zombies like you will be glad to hear. Onye ara
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by RexTramadol1: 5:23pm On Oct 29, 2020
Objectivity is long gone in this country
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by RuggedSniper: 5:23pm On Oct 29, 2020
Bola146:
I just hope this guy has children
^^^What do you want to do with Desmond Olusola Elliot's (Desmond is an indigene of Olowogbowo, Lagos Island) 4 children 'Bola? Why the hysteria? grin Calm down and watch the video again... He made a lot of valid sense about the spread of a lot of FAKE NEWS/FAKE VIDEOS online that have led to public carnage worldwide.

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Ebenezer202I: 5:23pm On Oct 29, 2020
Commentor:

I see you have no home training.
why you no insult am back?
The fear of MsAllison grin grin
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Loveknitting: 5:25pm On Oct 29, 2020
Officialgarri:
He made so much sense but the useless youth he's talking about will make a repeat of what he's complaining of and then shut him up....
Perhaps, he belongs to the APC, so it's expected.

However, I still think he's stupid for making reference to "lekki shooting ".. If anyone had indeed died by the hands of the army/police ( not thugs and stampede) , they are not better than those killed in other locations or states.

Too much of garri consumption I guess.
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Tonytonic(m): 5:26pm On Oct 29, 2020
Who be this one self...useless man.because u rigged urself into office abi.what is he talking abt self.i am so angry with this man. U are in ur comfort zone.respect urself please.why u dey talk now.u will suffer the pain of the parent of those killed at lekki so u will know that u are not a god.wicked people u think u own our life.you people are cursed forever.which one be pvc card again, the one u rig election abi.
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by engrelvis(m): 5:32pm On Oct 29, 2020
peacettw:
I agree with Desmond.

Social media is a vast sea of uncharted territory and regardless of its benefits, it has proven countless times to be deadly - a potential weapon of mass destruction - that lacks any clear stringent regulatory laws to curtail its excesses.

And irrespective of what you and I may think now, let it be clear that a time will surely come when the world will collectively agree that this hydra-headed monster called social media must be reigned in to mitigate against future man-made disasters.
leave all these kids.Dey think violence can help any person.who never c war na dey make mouth.

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by dlordy100: 5:35pm On Oct 29, 2020
them dn open his file for twitter I trust Nigerian youth
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by pacespot(m): 5:41pm On Oct 29, 2020
Somebody needs to shut this guy up already, it seems he has developed diarrhea of mouth since the EndSARS protest started. Is he trying to act as a youth front for his political colleagues, because nobody regards him as a youth any more? A two faced politician like him who only chose to unveil his Yoruba name while he was contesting for a political post, nobody knew he was a Yoruba before then. This guy is not trust worthy. He should continue to commission public toilets for his constituent.
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by 989900: 5:50pm On Oct 29, 2020
Desmond Ediot.
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Emekaonline: 5:57pm On Oct 29, 2020
Rico96:
So this one join youth abi Not too young to run my foot...... Idiot fellow!!! You can never be among this our new nigeria... 2023 I made sure u relegate politically

And who are you to relegate someone politically? Please you need to ask for forgiveness. God does not take it lightly when someone arrogates His power to himself/herself, mere mortal. Only GOD the Jehovah is I AM. Herod tried it but worms finished him off. Please and please be careful pride is what sent Lucifer packing from God's Kingdom. God give you the breath but not for you to brag. You are as useless as the dust if He takes the breath away in a second
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Earnonline7: 5:59pm On Oct 29, 2020
This opportunist talking again
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by jacyhelen(f): 6:03pm On Oct 29, 2020
BRIGHTRIVERS:
This is the reason I fear a youth leader. I don't even know what our problem is in this country. It obviously is not in the age of our leaders

Nigeria is cursed
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by ogbonti: 6:05pm On Oct 29, 2020
Commentor:

Beat him for telling the truth.

grin

So many clowns on Nairaland.

what is the truth? truth according to

Tinubu Chapter Lai verse Bullion van?

boy, you need salvation

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by plaindealer: 6:07pm On Oct 29, 2020
The only raving and ranting people against Desmond are Igbos, illiterates and anti Nigerian fake news peddlers and consumers.

LASG cannot legislate anything social media, but the man asked the fake news peddlers, social media agitators, influencers and inciters to stop being reckless with their reckless utterances.

Thes online trolls called influencers really need to STFU sometimes.
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Commentor: 6:07pm On Oct 29, 2020
timbabng:

Nigeria is sitting on a keg of gunpowder (Tribal tensions, Poverty, Unemployment, Terrorism, Banditry), any spark will be a disaster. Censoring social media is like taking away a matchbox, when we have other things like lighters, stoves around us.
They should focus on gradually evacuating the gun powder.

The average igbo man does not trust an Hausa man and vice versa, the Yoruba man does not trust both tribes. But miraculously, our politicians are getting along.

Those countries with extreme social media regulation, like China, North Korea don't have the problems we have.

Nigeria needs to focus on the problems now.

So it is needless to curtail what is the easiest path to destruction.

Ok.
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by pandabet(m): 6:19pm On Oct 29, 2020
no wonder Pete edochie refuse u to marry his daughter in a film I watched cus even in real life he knows u re d only Desmond who's an ediot

smh
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by LordOfTheGame: 6:19pm On Oct 29, 2020
Desmond "Eddiot" has vomited another rubbish to justify the crumbs and please his northern masters.
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by plaindealer: 6:21pm On Oct 29, 2020
Commentor:

Beat him for telling the truth.

grin

So many clowns on Nairaland.

Understatement sef, add dumb illiterates.

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by AbokiDelta(m): 6:52pm On Oct 29, 2020
This man think he's acting a script or what. You are a disappointment to the youths you represent.
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Annie001: 6:56pm On Oct 29, 2020
FemiLastBorn:
True talk..
Only an idiot, a gullible one will go against what he said... Social media will cause more harm Than good in years to come if we don't control it.
So funds been looted is good for your country, fuel is now 165, bag of rice is now 30k, hike in electricity supply but social media is your problem
Una dey mad

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by nwosu1982: 6:56pm On Oct 29, 2020
Desmond Idiot u r just an idiot , soon we go drum for u to dance surugede dance , akpa amu gi there
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Dreyton36: 7:02pm On Oct 29, 2020
Desmond idiot

Las Las all you have to offer is public toilet you bastârd , afonjas life no fit change cuz they think from their anus

Lights up my kpoli
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Emmasnoop(m): 7:04pm On Oct 29, 2020
TOILET BUILDER.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Gunshots At Dangote Refinery Ibeju-Lekki Protest (Video) / IPOB/Yoruba Nation: IBB Finally Speaks On Nnamdi Kanu, Igboho Agitations / The New Face Of Aso Rock

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.