Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,179 members, 7,821,988 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:54 PM

Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers (54839 Views)

Those Who Criticize Desmond Elliot Are Praising Peter Obi / Peter Obi Condemns Social Media Attacks On Pastor Adeboye / #EndSARS: Desmond Elliot Reacts To Judicial Panel Report (Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Commentor: 4:13pm On Oct 29, 2020
Farki:

What's your business with my location?

You are the one making it out as if we all are in Nigeria.

Perhaps you are.
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by kingbobby: 4:17pm On Oct 29, 2020
Supermugu:
grin... see dem mugu face dem grin angry grin
People who are fighting for you that's all you have to say to them monkey bread.
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by RuggedSniper: 4:18pm On Oct 29, 2020
peacettw:
I agree with Desmond.

Social media is a vast sea of uncharted territory and regardless of its benefits, it has proven countless times to be deadly - a potential weapon of mass destruction - that lacks any clear stringent regulatory laws to curtail its excesses.

And irrespective of what you and I may think now, let it be clear that a time will surely come when the world will collectively agree that this hydra-headed monster called social media must be reigned in to mitigate against future man-made disasters.
WORD!
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by DJInfluence: 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2020
this one think say na movie atik? dey act living in Bondage season 9
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Farki: 4:22pm On Oct 29, 2020
Commentor:

You are the one making it out as if we all are in Nigeria.

Perhaps you are.

You're just a fool with no point.
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Chimeluv(f): 4:23pm On Oct 29, 2020
He is not different from the others undecided
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Commentor: 4:24pm On Oct 29, 2020
Farki:

I see you have no home training.
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by RuggedSniper: 4:27pm On Oct 29, 2020
lalasticlala:
#EndSARS: Lagos House Of Assembly Member, Hon. Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Motivational Speakers & Social Media Influencers.

Desmond Elliot, while reacting to the recent EndSARS protests and Lekki killings, in Lagos House of Assembly said:

"Social media has its negative impact.
Please celebrities, social media influencers, stop the hatred already."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7o5XyZiDFE

1 Share

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 29, 2020
raker300:
Spoken like a true sellout.

He’s benefiting from the same system oppressing the People he ought to fight for..

This here is what happens when you place monetary gain over moral poise

Anyone who benefits from a wrong system will hardly speak against it.

It's human nature. Even if people are dieing for him to earn N2m a month he won't see anything bad in it.

That's why politicians are the way they are.
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by waldigit: 4:27pm On Oct 29, 2020
Rico96:
So this one join youth abi Not too young to run my foot...... Idiot fellow!!! You can never be among this our new nigeria... 2023 I made sure u relegate politically
This is why we need to take take leadership very important. It is not celebrity show business. It's more serious than that. It has to do with vision, competence and integrity that determine people's destiny.
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Farki: 4:28pm On Oct 29, 2020
Commentor:

I see you have no home training.

You think I care about a fool's opinion? I'm done here.
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Urekaure: 4:30pm On Oct 29, 2020
peacettw:

I don't see why we can't multitask

No we can't, Social media is the least of our problems.
Federal government should look at the positive side of social media and they should be accountable.

Imagine these states governors came out before now and say the palliatives are already in the warehouses and they are waiting for federal government to flag it off, Imagine how things would have been different. But it's when everything has degenerated they are now telling us.
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 29, 2020
Godfather pikin
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Urekaure: 4:35pm On Oct 29, 2020
Commentor:

You have no idea what you are talking about.

You are more concerned about the hypothetical case of leaders misusing it than the reality of seeing your immediate community burn.

Many of you would not be finding transportation easy for the next 2 years at the very least.

Many of you would experience a high wave of crime never before witnessed during to the inability of the police to function even at the previous lowly levels due to the vandalism that followed the broadcast of fake news.

Is it social media that gave rise to boko haram?
Is it social media that gave rise to bandits?
Is it social media that made us the 3rd most terrorised country in the world.

You are talking as if the police has been doing an excellent work before now.
Federal government should focus on good governance, is snake swallowing money not a fake news?
Who decides what is a fake news?

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Sharz: 4:43pm On Oct 29, 2020
ANIMAL IN HUMAN FORM,
I dont blame you shall because you have join the line of bad government we are talking of
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Ogaonos: 4:43pm On Oct 29, 2020
Bola146:
I just hope this guy has children
we all should be careful with pple disguising as intelligent pple speak queen english.dt why I dnt trust banky w.i prefer falz or seun kuti or Don jazzy or rutown u knw action pple
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Commentor: 4:44pm On Oct 29, 2020
Farki:

You are even in Agungi and you are there talking about Nigerian government beating me with social media bill.

You go find BRT tire.
Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by timbabng(m): 4:52pm On Oct 29, 2020
Commentor:

You have no idea what you are talking about.

You are more concerned about the hypothetical case of leaders misusing it than the reality of seeing your immediate community burn.

Many of you would not be finding transportation easy for the next 2 years at the very least.

Many of you would experience a high wave of crime never before witnessed during to the inability of the police to function even at the previous lowly levels due to the vandalism that followed the broadcast of fake news.

Where did I mention the leaders misusing it?

Nobody wants to see Nigeria burn, at least I don't.

What you don't realise is that censoring social media will not prevent the country from burning. The root cause of the problem, which they are failing to address is what's going to burn the country.

"Many of you"...........herein lies the problem of Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Endsars: Desmond Elliot Condemns Social Media, Blasts Celebrities, Influencers by Commentor: 4:57pm On Oct 29, 2020
timbabng:

Where did I mention the leaders misusing it?

Nobody wants to see Nigeria burn, at least I don't.

What you don't realise is that censoring social media will not prevent the country from burning. The root cause of the problem, which they are failing to address is what's going to burn the country.

"Many of you"...........herein lies the problem of Nigeria.

How can you say censoring social media would not prevent the country from burning?

Countries without the problems we face still ensure social media is indeed censored, so what are you scared of?

There is nothing like root cause other than the predilection for illegality and anarchy by a large swathe of the Nigerian populace.

Even the opposition to censorship underlines this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

The Reception Abia People Gave To Peter Obi (Video, Photos) / Anambra Man Was Forced To Join Boko-Haram / Results From FCT Council Election Indicate PDP In Clear Lead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.