Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,157 members, 7,818,503 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:27 PM

Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash (83071 Views)

Those Who Criticize Desmond Elliot Are Praising Peter Obi / Desmond Elliot Campaigns For Ize-Iyamu In Edo (Photos) / Desmond Elliot Celebrates Speaker Gbajabiamila With Posters In Surulere (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by holaralph(m): 10:34am On Oct 30, 2020
Crocodile tears
Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by Legacyy(m): 10:35am On Oct 30, 2020
this guy still day act movie o
Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by dplores(m): 10:45am On Oct 30, 2020
To make the system of a country to work does not require grammar, PhD, tears or rocket science.

Develop it people and it people will develop the nation.

2 Likes

Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by Bahamas95(m): 10:51am On Oct 30, 2020
Fool!

I don't even like watching his movies, that his crack voice irritate me.
Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by Nobody: 10:52am On Oct 30, 2020
Comedian2019:

Kogi State commissioner for health don join them grin

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by SaiOba: 11:01am On Oct 30, 2020
He's just acting up for his new video ni jooor

AltMon2:
Desmond Elliot has broken down in tears on Live TV, following the backlash he's receiving from Nigerians over social media regulation.

Recall that the former actor, at the Lagos State House of Rep in his submission, pushed for passing if social media regulation bill.

the controversial statement received lots of criticisms, as many Nigerian youths boast him for referring to youths as “children” and for also pushing for the regulation of social media.

Desmond Elliot in a new interview on Arise TV broke down in tears. This came after he apologized for his statement earlier.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v58asXYJvU

Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by savanto: 11:01am On Oct 30, 2020
We are no longer moved by tears. I could remember Buhari cried when he lost the election some years ago.
It’s not a new thing in Nigeria politic.

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by Ashirioluwa: 11:02am On Oct 30, 2020
hush15:
Why e dey cry now?

Nollywood actor is acting

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by airminem(f): 11:15am On Oct 30, 2020
True o
Nbotee:
E b lyk dem swear with all dis useless politicians with crocodile tears.. U think someone has sense and once dey join politics ; Booooom!!!! Dem don mumu... Akwa Ibom governor was crying d other day, anoda mumu was crying in Kogi over looted items d other day as well, and now a new one is born. Oh I forgot he's even an actor, crying is part of his job and lying is now part of his new job description
but this politician in SOUTHWEST. Recent his private TVC facilities and others were set ablaze but the old man is still yet to cry publicly o. Well, we are waiting for his riverflow by 2023 tongue cheesy
Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by notoriousbabe: 11:21am On Oct 30, 2020
cry me a river, you never start, that one na just rehearsal. Him no even fine like before before when me and ajepako dey drag am between ourselves
Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by santuspearl: 11:30am On Oct 30, 2020
Nbotee:
E b lyk dem swear with all dis useless politicians with crocodile tears.. U think someone has sense and once dey join politics ; Booooom!!!! Dem don mumu... Akwa Ibom governor was crying d other day, anoda mumu was crying in Kogi over looted items d other day as well, and now a new one is born. Oh I forgot he's even an actor, crying is part of his job and lying is now part of his new job description

Guy, if you don't know your state and capitals, go and learn, don't always confuse Akwa Ibom State with Cross River State, the governor of Cross River cried and not Akwa Ibom State governor
Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by bbode1(m): 11:37am On Oct 30, 2020
Have had to call this Desmond once when he was a full time movie actor. Not now that his a politician. His not nice as people would think due to his gentle face. I can not forget that incident. He didn't even want to hear what I have to say. He shouted and bounced my call. Just because am not a VIP in the society.
Such men like him. Over ambitious mind set will always ruin them. I really don't like him. Personally, his not a good man

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by notoriousbabe: 11:42am On Oct 30, 2020
savanto:
We are no longer moved by tears. I could remember Buhari cried when he lost the election some years ago.
It’s not a new thing in Nigeria politic.

even Atiku too wan use cry catch us, next cry go be Tinubu

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by kampbelo(m): 11:46am On Oct 30, 2020
starbuck:
Watery tears no longer moves us again undecided undecided

We move when the tear becomes bloody ✊

Na so. Together we MOVE

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by dododawa1: 11:54am On Oct 30, 2020
Fee know them scorpion cry
Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by Ilaumoh(m): 12:29pm On Oct 30, 2020
Nbotee:
Is Ayade now Akwa-Ibom state governor, your mumu past Desmond Idiot own

Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by pacespot(m): 12:38pm On Oct 30, 2020
This guy and acting, he thinks he is in one of his Nollywood movies that Nigerians would fall for this.
Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by kabillionaire(m): 1:09pm On Oct 30, 2020
Campaign after election! crocodile tears
Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by lawalmovichhhh: 1:10pm On Oct 30, 2020
the first naa naa james fashola bond ...another idiot too don show....desbond idiot
Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by crownprince7(m): 1:17pm On Oct 30, 2020
The presenter of the African awards is now one of the nominees, "cry me a river"
Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by NwokoloOwa: 1:21pm On Oct 30, 2020
Broke down? Where? Didn't see a drop of tears.
Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by Sleekfingers: 1:47pm On Oct 30, 2020
This clown dont know say youth dey para.....

Anyway, i am 100% in support of social media regulation......some people are in the habit of posting make fake news to incite the public.........as a matter of fact, i want the government to start clamping down tribalistic idiots on nairaland......it is getting too much.........you dare not try this nonsense in japan, china, north korea , germany, saudi arabia, uae......even in the united states, inciting the public with fake news is a serious crime......
Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by maximusprime2000: 1:54pm On Oct 30, 2020
notoriousbabe:
even Atiku too wan use cry catch us, next cry go be Tinubu

We have seen it all in d hand of our leaders in Nigeria. they are only intrested in their godfather and their own families. they uses hunger, illitracy, and poverty to control the masses. its a pity. the worst they can do in 2023 is massive rigging then we shall burn down the whole country. he that has ear......
Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by Coronavirus1: 2:52pm On Oct 30, 2020
Nollywood cry foget him he knows what he is doing no pity for you man godfathers products
Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by VULCAN(m): 3:04pm On Oct 30, 2020
How old are you Mr. Elder Statesman?

TOPCRUISE:
Youths don't want social media to be regulated. They want to talk any how. Insult, cyber bully, ridicule whoever they chose. And spread fake news whenever they feel like. sad
Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by enemyofprogress: 3:39pm On Oct 30, 2020
Na for where him cry nau? Me I no see any cry o, na only grammar the guy just dey blow
Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by Waffarianman(m): 3:45pm On Oct 30, 2020
Charmingrascal:
He is very stupid.
Very very stupid
Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by ajepako(f): 5:11pm On Oct 30, 2020
notoriousbabe:
cry me a river, you never start, that one na just rehearsal. Him no even fine like before before when me and ajepako dey drag am between ourselves

You and wu?

Eleregbe tongue tongue

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by Allansmith: 5:21pm On Oct 30, 2020
Well scripted...He seems the main actor...

Nbotee:
Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by 3rdavefarms(m): 6:48pm On Oct 30, 2020
For God will judge us all
Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by bskyb(m): 8:14pm On Oct 30, 2020
fexyrich:
my friend just shut up abeg...U guys are always fond of attacking people when they say things that don't go well with u...were u happy with the violence that broke out?? Why are you guys attacking the young man just because he condemned the violence??This is the problem of social media..u attack people's personalities just because their opinion differs from URS hereby getting the person depressed..He is human too bound to make mistakes that's if he made any...just shut up already please ..let hatred and bitterness leave ur hearts

Watch out!! they will come for you.

Meanwhile, it's seems people did not watch the video. Unless the word "cry" was used figuratively, then there is a problem ooo.

This is the same way someone will post a headline that Igbos are killing Yorubas, and a counter attack will start without any confirmation.

Social media should not be gagged, buy originators of fake news should be identified and dealt with.

People should read about Rwanda and other examples. We need to control our emotions.

I have seen less than 10 people pointing out the fact that he did not cry as purported by the author of this post.

The MODs are partly covered by their disclaimer, but they should remember that if Naijja burns, they will also feel the heat

1 Like

Re: Desmond Elliot Crying On Live TV Following Backlash by Bimpe29: 9:12pm On Oct 30, 2020
Including feigning sickness and convulsions are the politicians way these days.
Nbotee:

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Gov. Makinde Seen Shoping For Firefighting Equipments Abroad (Photos) / Ngozi Okonjo-Iweala After Election Postponement By INEC 2019 (Photos) / PDP Senators Walk Out As Senate Confirms Amaechi As Minister (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.