Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,137 members, 7,818,425 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:12 PM

Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death (30223 Views)

Widow Cries For Help, Accuses Late Husband’s Siblings Of Victimisation / Russia: New Mum ‘throws Another Woman’s Baby To His Death( Pix) / She Texted Her Father's Number On 4th Anniversary Of His Death And Got This: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Mrscarter(f): 8:50am On Oct 30, 2020
MightySparrow:
Igbo and weird customs I have witnessed two of such dealings with their own ladies. They are heartless. When my Landlady's daughter's husband died, the husband's siblings took her to the couple's bedroom, allowed her to take her clothes and jewelleries sent her and her children packing, and sized the husband's businesses. This lady is a Master degree holder. The husband would not allow her to work. God forbid any of my children bringing yamirin home for marriage.

Wow. How can U do that to anyone when they're going thru loss n grief at that!
I couldn't be so heartless. I would let them keep it all if was me n my brother. So a man's family only matters when he's alive?
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Mrscarter(f): 8:51am On Oct 30, 2020
LobsanRampa:

She stated, “I travelled home to Ondo State to be with my mum when I was pregnant with my twin girls and by the time I returned to Abuja, my husband had been taken away to an unknown location, because he had a crisis. We were not allowed to see him until we were informed that he had died in August 2018."

Your husband was critically I'll and you travelled and leave him, then his siblings found out and took him for medication.

Maybe he wasn't that sick when She left? Maybe he encouraged her to go?
I guess no one knows but her n him.
However his kids shouldn't have to beg

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by thorpido(m): 8:51am On Oct 30, 2020
Cantonese:

Your judgement is completely one sided.

You did not hear from the man's family. You did not hear from her how she related with her inlaws. You did not hear from her if she encouraged the man to cut off his family? You do not even know whether she charmed the man into marriage with her. Don't forget that some women get juju to make men marry them?

The woman said in her statement that she travelled to be with her mum when her husband was in crisis. That's very sad to hear. Who did she abandon the man for? The siblings obviously covered up for her when she travelled as her children were too young to play the role. I take it that there was no good relationship between her and her inlaws for 13 years and they cut her off in their pain.

The woman then turned sentimental and has tried to blackmail the Igbos. If she married a fellow Yoruba would that not have happened to her? The Yorubas are known to battle it to the last over properties of their deceased sons.

It is very important for women to have good relationships with their inlaws. Do not wish your husband's mother to die. Do not wish to marry a man without a mother. Do not stop a man from relating with his family, especially if the man comes from a united and peaceful home. Do not carry the war in your own father's house to your husband's home. Try to make good friendships with two or more of your husband's people. In the sad case of a loss or battle for properties, your friend's within your husband's siblings will fight for you.

Yorubas prefer to marry Igbo men because they feel better taken care of. You may verify that. Please erase your sentiments and let's all live in peace.
Oga read the English well.There's nowhere in her statement that she travelled when her husband was in crisis.

2 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Breadnote: 8:53am On Oct 30, 2020
sad news
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Nobody: 9:02am On Oct 30, 2020
sammirano3:

I don't you, but the stupid Yoruba girls marrying your kind. That's why you can open your mouth anyhow to talk.
education exposes one to the fact that blind stereotypes and tribal prejudice are dangerous. Despite your education so to say, you still dwell in the caveman mentality of tribal jingoism, den you've a long way to go.

Funny enough, you're yet to hear from the husband's family and what transpired before condemning. Learn to hear from both sides B4 jumping into hasty conclusion.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by gbowoade85142: 9:03am On Oct 30, 2020
Igbos and snatching of properties from their deceased brother's widows are like 5&6. Tufia.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Newton85: 9:07am On Oct 30, 2020
Even before I opened the link, I knew the husband's family must be Igbo. These people and their barbaric, money-obsessed culture will never fail.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Newton85: 9:16am On Oct 30, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

Red flag! I won't judge until I hear from the other side.

Your husband had crisis and was taken care of by his siblings(abduction according to u) what effort did u make? Are u sure u didn't abandon Ur husband?

He died in 2018, why is this story coming up
now?

I won't judge this until i hear from the other side.

Playing the tribal card won't sell.

A woman whose sick husband is being taken care of by relatives, should give an intelligent person hindsight that all is not well with the marriage. If you dig deep, u may find out she abandoned the husband until he died, she now came to claim property.

I'm not in support of the man's siblings, but a wife that abandons a sick husband or was in dispute with a deceased husband must not be allowed to near the man's inheritance.

Typical Igbo man. You people never change. Always blaming others and never taking any responsibility for their wickedness. As if an Igbo girl didn't make a Twitter thread just last week talking about what his father's family are doing to her mum and her children. Nitwit!

2 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by whirlwind7(m): 9:41am On Oct 30, 2020
JidennaJason:
The siblings of the late civil engineer are just being tribalistic.... They don't want a "stranger" to have control of their brothers property. If the lady happens to come from the same village with the husband, this nonsense abduction and seizing of property wouldn't have happened.

Your wife or son should be your Next Of Kin.

Long story that would have been avoided if the chronically sick man had made a will and left instructions with his lawyer.

It is a simple enough thing, but we seem to not appreciate the importance of making wills before death comes knocking.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by coolsegun2002: 9:50am On Oct 30, 2020
Midas01:
That's disgusting...women who drink it are just stupid. Gosh !!!!

If you don’t , that’s an indication you are the one who killed your husband...double wahala!!!
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Rossycee(f): 9:50am On Oct 30, 2020
OkoNDOoBo:
The last one that made the news happened in imo, this one in Ebonyi.
If you re non-igbo girl that want to marry igbo man just have it back of your mind that in the event your husband dies, his property belongs to his family. Dont let anyone sugarcoat it for you.
Even igbo ladies re not allowed to inherit their spouse or father property not to talk of non-igbo.
Lies.. That practice is only in few parts and most people have abolished that tradition while the wise ones buy properties in their children's name. Where i come from such doesn't exist. A father can even will part of his property to his daughter.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by ayomipoosi: 9:52am On Oct 30, 2020
those of you saying ibo this, ibo that... stop please!
she left her husband to be with her mum when she was pregnant right? and the husband had chronic ulcer.. in other words, he was sick. don't you think this lady abandoned her sick husband and went to be with her mum using pregnancy as a cover up?
for the sibblings to take the man to a hospital, and he died there yet she was not aware, does it not tell you something is wrong somewhere? Have you ever thought of what would have triggered the sibblings anger?
she should tell us all that happened and not give us a loopsided story to get sympathy.
for your information, i am ibo by marriage. not newly married o! satisfyingly married. proud to say that. By God's grace, my kid sis koyinsola is joining me. i dont hate tribe, i do individual. If i was hating tribe, i wouldn't have been in this heaven on earth called ''my marriage''. my parents eyes have opened. They will be spending the christmas holiday with my parents inlaw, yes! in my husband's village in imo state. This is the second time they will be visiting the east in their life. We may not have plenty money, but we are very happy together. The stage has been set, everything ready.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by coolsegun2002: 9:55am On Oct 30, 2020
sylve11:

As A traveler and a dweller, all my life, i haven't seen anywhere where this stuff is so prevalent if not the Eastern part of this country. I always believe they have their reasons so i will not talk ill of them. I will not talk ill of any tribe.. cool

The reason is simple and stupid at the same time though....it’s to keep the wealth in the family.

.... the widow will marry another man, that’s how the wealth eventually walks into another man’s hands
.. that’s the same reason they don’t allow their female inherit too, because she’ll eventually marry and change name...
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by AfroKnight: 9:56am On Oct 30, 2020
We keep hearing of things like this every year because some igbo men do not protect their wives and children from relatives.

Write your will and let everybody know that your wife is your next of kin. Make sure they respect her in your presence.

Not long ago we read the story of a lady who’s father’s burial was “hijacked” by her relatives. By now some evil practices should have faded away. This is 2020 for crying out loud.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by coolsegun2002: 9:59am On Oct 30, 2020
Mrscarter:

I couldn't be so heartless. I would let them keep it all if was me n my brother. So a man's family only matters when he's alive?

It’s their tradition....the woman ddnt have boys to make matters worse........they don’t even allow their own women inherit her father’s property late alone a Yoruba wife wey no born Ronaldo..
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by shilz(f): 10:04am On Oct 30, 2020
Even if oga says don't work LAHOR,EJOR,BIKO get something doing.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by edoairways: 10:07am On Oct 30, 2020
JidennaJason:
The siblings of the late civil engineer are just being tribalistic.... They don't want a "stranger" to have control of their brothers property. If the lady happens to come from the same village with the husband, this nonsense abduction and seizing of property wouldn't have happened.

Your wife or son should be your Next Of Kin.
Abduction and seizing of properties in this case has nothing to do with tribe

2 Likes

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by loveth360(f): 10:09am On Oct 30, 2020
Lagoon0:

Though Igbo has chosen to remain primitive to the present day .but I think she's a gold digger also, how will your husband ask you not to work and you choose to.
House wife are common with igbos not yorubas so she was happy doing nothing.
When my grandpa died my dad who was the first son had to call his elder sis before the talk on sharing properties. Same in our house today my dad will always call my elder sister on family issues . when will Igbo start respecting female children ?
You know nothing about IGBO culture.

Practice
yours and allow us practice ours in peace.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by delpee(f): 10:18am On Oct 30, 2020
DiscoverID:
Due to their backward cultural norms of seeing women as lesser humans, you should by all means stay away from marrying from igbo land, if you are a yoruba woman. They treat their kind as trash let alone one ofem.man,u(sic).

Let's consider the fact that not all Igbos will do this. Even the Uncle spoke up for them. Bad people will always find a reason to mess up. It's not necessarily a tribal issue.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by jrusky(m): 10:28am On Oct 30, 2020
Madam don't be surprise that is my own people for you even to a fellow Igbo woman they will do same even worst talkless of you a Yoruba woman.

Sorry madam you have entered one chance. You are even lucky they never ask you to drink wash off water from your husband dead body.

My friend aunt saw hell in the same situation despite they are both from same region. I can never advice any non igbo lady to marry igbo man if the man mistakenly die you will regret your life.

Its my tribe but very painful character and so ugly norm. Truth hurt them that is why they hate me but I don't give a damn.

My take is give woman a chance, stop treating woman like thrash when it comes to property. Its a ugly societal inequality and unfair

J have bruised their heads this morning.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Amhappy(f): 10:30am On Oct 30, 2020
Some widows flip stories around for sympathy. I remember the kind of lies my late uncle wife spread about my family when he died. My dad totally ignored her and made no trouble. But today everybody knows the truth about her. Despite anything the woman did wrong, the man's siblings should have allowed her access to his body, burial and his property. She's his wife and if you love your brother,you will not destroy his family. Love forgives all wrong. Unnecessary bickering destroys generations.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Mrscarter(f): 10:36am On Oct 30, 2020
coolsegun2002:

It’s their tradition....the woman ddnt have boys to make matters worse........they don’t even allow their own women inherit her father’s property late alone a Yoruba wife wey no born Ronaldo..

Still even in death a man cares wat happens to his family undecided
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Lucyspa: 10:37am On Oct 30, 2020
Cantonese:

Your judgement is completely one sided.

You did not hear from the man's family. You did not hear from her how she related with her inlaws. You did not hear from her if she encouraged the man to cut off his family? You do not even know whether she charmed the man into marriage with her. Don't forget that some women get juju to make men marry them?

The woman said in her statement that she travelled to be with her mum when her husband was in crisis. That's very sad to hear. Who did she abandon the man for? The siblings obviously covered up for her when she travelled as her children were too young to play the role. I take it that there was no good relationship between her and her inlaws for 13 years and they cut her off in their pain.

The woman then turned sentimental and has tried to blackmail the Igbos. If she married a fellow Yoruba would that not have happened to her? The Yorubas are known to battle it to the last over properties of their deceased sons.

It is very important for women to have good relationships with their inlaws. Do not wish your husband's mother to die. Do not wish to marry a man without a mother. Do not stop a man from relating with his family, especially if the man comes from a united and peaceful home. Do not carry the war in your own father's house to your husband's home. Try to make good friendships with two or more of your husband's people. In the sad case of a loss or battle for properties, your friend's within your husband's siblings will fight for you.

Yorubas prefer to marry Igbo men because they feel better taken care of. You may verify that. Please erase your sentiments and let's all live in peace.

It's clear that you don't understand English. She said that she was pregnant then travelled to stay with her mom in Ondo state. The husband then had a crisis because of his ulcer and family came to take him away to an unknown location. If u read without being bias, u will understand that she is what she said. Before you quote me chatting shit know that I am from Orumba North local Govt, Agbiligba Nanka, Nanka in Anambra state.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Lucyspa: 10:38am On Oct 30, 2020
thorpido:
Read well.It is nowhere stated in the story that she abandoned him when he was sick.He may have developed the crisis after she was away.

True... Dont mind these bias illiterates.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Lucyspa: 10:40am On Oct 30, 2020
Midas01:
That's disgusting...women who drink it are just stupid. Gosh !!!!

They don't drink water anymore but they still shave their heads.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Nobody: 10:43am On Oct 30, 2020
Igbo Amaka and their disdain for women's rights.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by nick50(m): 10:53am On Oct 30, 2020
your husband must have seized and refuse to share his father's property amongst his siblings when he was alive reason why the seized n took it away from u guys when he died..u and ur children refused to tell ur husband the truth when he was alive now karma has visited u.. enjoy!!
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by MyChoice1: 10:54am On Oct 30, 2020
IkpuNnegiEwu44:

Red flag! I won't judge until I hear from the other side.

Your husband had crisis and was taken care of by his siblings(abduction according to u) what effort did u make? Are u sure u didn't abandon Ur husband?

He died in 2018, why is this story coming up now?

I won't judge this until i hear from the other side.

Playing the tribal card won't sell.

A woman whose sick husband is being taken care of by relatives, should give an intelligent person hindsight that all is not well with the marriage. If you dig deep, u may find out she abandoned the husband until he died, she now came to claim property.

I'm not in support of the man's siblings, but a wife that abandons a sick husband or was in dispute with a deceased husband must not be allowed to near the man's inheritance.

Exactly my line of thought too, but I saw people being carried away by ethnic sentiment. How could you abandon your sick husband to go and stay with your mother, for how long? You mentioned you were told he died in 2018 whereas the twins you went to have are already set to go to USA on scholarship, University or what? That clearly means that you continued to stay away even after having the twins, so it's to come and claim properties you're after, right? Where is your conscience woman?!
Being married is more than having kids with your partner, love, care, loyalty and companionship are prerequisites

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by Nobody: 11:00am On Oct 30, 2020
whirlwind7:

Long story that would have been avoided if the chronically sick man had made a will and left instructions with his lawyer.

It is a simple enough thing, but we seem to not appreciate the importance of making wills before death comes knocking.

correct, but some greedy in-laws can still contest a will, it takes a strong woman to fend off in-laws like these, if the man were a poor man non of this fracas would happen.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by MightySparrow: 11:14am On Oct 30, 2020
Mrscarter:

Honestly, I really pitied the helpless woman.

1 Like

Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by xjiggy: 11:17am On Oct 30, 2020
dadavivo:
It's not about your tribe. My neighbour in Lagos, her husband died and he left 3 children, a boy and two girls.theyre both Igbos. Immediately the man died his siblings took ownership of their brothers twin duplex in Lagos.

She went to human right people who now help her to win the case in court cos In any Nigerian court you will win them hands down.

My own advice, I don't know what you want from the family members, car or what. Cos you said you can't keep up with the rent that means you guys don't have landed property in Abuja, please let go of the property if its in the village.

You have to try and take care of your children cos when they grow older they always locate their village no matter what.
My brother nothing is too small. What if the cars are worth millions. That will cover visas for the twins and also help in the education of others if placed in a child education account where only school fees can be deducted. That will go a long way in alleviating her suffering.
Re: Olubunmi Kama: My Husband’s Siblings Seized Our Properties After His Death by ransomed: 11:25am On Oct 30, 2020
loveth360:
Yoruba and wickedness.

You abandoned your husband when he was sick,now you want to come and claim property.

Truth is her Children deserved
to inherit their father properties,because what am seeing from this story is a typical yoruba gold digger who run away but want to come inherit property.

But why is she crying i thought yorubas also give landed properties to their women,Or is it their normal lying way.

Are you daft?
She went to take care of her pregnancy and before she could return the man was gone. She gave the history of the late husband's ailment and all you could gather was gold digging. If the man had been your brother, you would have done worst than the usurpers.
Apri ogologi...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Man Celebrates His Elder Sister Who Stopped School So He Can Finish His / Dead Baby Found Abandoned Inside A Gutter In Benin (photo) / Husband Beats Wife To Pulp Over Disagreement On Election Results

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.